Is having no girlfriend really a big deal?

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By AcidBrandon18

Whats a girlfriend?

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@Do_The_Manta_Ray said:

By depriving yourself of this experience, you're not just keeping yourself from what could be happiness,

At that point, is it really happiness? Or do mates bring us an outside pleasure?

I'm not criticizing you, I'm just interested in your response.

Well, happiness is a highly subjective term, isn't it? People define it differently depending, not only on their preferences and their expectations, but also their standards. What one might consider to be quite dull, another might be see as the greatest thing that had ever happened to him/her. Different classes sends it's best wishes.

But let's get scientific about this, shall we? (FOR SCIENCE!) There is a hormon in the body called "Serotonin", which among other uses, is what quite literally causes the human body to feel what we in our clumsy language define as "happiness". When falling in-love, the amount of Serotonin that the liver produces shoots to a so far unknown high, ergo makes a person get the sensation that they're walking on cloud number nine. This is also the reason for the post-break-up depressum that so many people go through. It is, in it's simplest form, a withdrawal-syndrom from this particular hormon that has nestled it's way so deep into said person's way of experiencing his daily world.

So, scientifically, love does equal happiness, while the lack of love equals depression.

But let's leave that behind and head up a more logical, less feverish approach. As you, yourself, said: "If you have a girlfriend, then that is what makes you content as a being." And that can be true, if as you also mentioned, it is indeed the right person. If they, so to say, tickle all the sweet spots. The entire world associates marriage and spending the rest of your life together with someone you hold dear as what would be "happiness", and while standing out among the crowd is fun in it's own right, there's gotta' be a reason why so many people believe that, right? A relationship allows you to open up in ways you haven't done before, allows you to explore new avenues of sensation and venues of thought. In other words, it frees a person in a way that he/she could not accomplish on their own. These changes tend to be seen as something positive from the person, themselves. It's quite natural, really. It makes them think they're turning into something better, and that there is someone out there who accepts them, adores them and loves them for just what they are. In other words, it makes a person self-content. And it is an unselfish such emotion, despite the paradoxical nature of that statement, as you give as you recieve, and the same effect is made upon your partner.

It is a mutually beneficial business arrangement. Only issue is that the stock-market tends to fluctuate in price-against-value. But again, that's just about finding the right person. I believe that happiness can be derived from loving someone and being loved in return, and I'm just about the most pragmatic, pessimistic bastard you're like to run across. By no means, however, should people attempt to view a relationship as a saving grace, a means to become something more than you are, or rather an "opportunity" to do so. Then you're doomed from the get-go. Without spontaneous thought and with careful planning, it isn't romance, it's emotional prostitution. But yeees, there you are. Maybe there isn't any arguement for what can make anyone happy that actually works, all we've got is clumsy words, but what I can say is, I believe it, I feel like I know it, and I would be quite disappointed if it didn't turn out to be right. (All that money I blew on getting her new shoes, WASTED! WASTED!)

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#153  Edited By Slaker117

No. If you can live by yourself contently, more power to you. However, if you're insecure enough to make a thread asking this question, that's probably not the case.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#154  Edited By ectoplasma

of course

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By ectoplasma

@Beforet: LOL

sugetipula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By sugetipula

I m 20 and still a virgin. And as a guy that women hate, I have to tell you to get used to it.

Maybe chobits in a few decades?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By HandsomeDead

The excuses in this thread are unreal. A lot of you don't seem to have real friends - real people, not other horrible nerds - if you're coming up with phrases like 'I value my free time' and some ego bullshit about long dead scientists.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By HandsomeDead

If you've ever actually spoken to a girl, you'll know they aren't valid reasons at all.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#161  Edited By sungahymn

If you find and get the one who you want to be with for the rest of your life, great!

If not, then whatever.

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#162  Edited By awe_stuck

Not having a gf really isnt a big deal!!!!! If your gay!!!?!!?!?!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#163  Edited By penguindust

Word on the street is taking a shot at the President will get you noticed. Famous girls love presidential assassins.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#164  Edited By Dookysharpgun

@AngelN7: Thank you, and I think you're exactly right. Attempting to act like a totally different human being just to land a girl is kinda pathetic. I see things as: 'You like what you see? Well then I'll spend time with you. You Semi-like what you see, then leave me be, because you aren't worth my effort'.

To be honest, I'm either really logical or really lazy...or a combination thereof. But still, why waste time on women you couldn't care less about?

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By kmdrkul

My advice would be to not listen to the 200 virgins who have posted in this thread. Go up to the most attractive girl and introduce her to your friend Schlong Johnson. You'll thank me later for this, trust me.

airconditionn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By airconditionn

Don't worry Broski. I don't have a girlfriend and I'm a very attractive, independent 20-year-old.

However, I do have a boyfriend. Since I am in fact a female.

I'd like to give you some encouraging advice, but after reading that you're not gonna join the Army because your mommy doesn't want you to... I can't take this post nearly as seriously.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Hot_Karl

girls are icky lemme play sum pokeymon instead

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#168  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Wha.

cogrenized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By cogrenized

thanks a lot for taking time to read my post, and for replying to my post. I respect your opinions,

thanks a lot again specially to this post:

@pplus0440
said:

I'm going to offer you two pieces of advice and I suggest you take them very seriously. 1. The smartest man to ever walk this ever once said to his friend who tried to set him up with women friends multiple times,"Why do you waste my precious time with Women?" That man was Isaac Newton to Robert Hooke. He hated Hooke. Hated him so very much. Let's be honest the spring law....it's just so boring. 2. I would think about how you are spending your time and if you are spending it wisely. By your age Newton invented Calculus. He didn't want women or much of a social life because he was able to find purpose to his life through his work. If you are sitting around playing CoD that is fine but remember you are only 20 once and when you are older you may regret how you spent the small amount of time we are given. Soon you will be 40 and you will have missed out on the feelings associated with young love. It's quite an experience even if it ends with hurt feelings. In the end humans always pay for attachments but it doesn't mean you are better off avoiding having them at all.
spctre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#170  Edited By spctre

Pretty good piece of advice @pplus0440 - couldn't agree more with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Nope. Also: 

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#172  Edited By damnboyadvance

It's no big deal. Better to be single than to go through a bunch of pointless week-long relationships. You just have to keep searching for that right woman, and go for it.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Fizzy

@TheSpartanDon said:

1). :D

2). >:{

I've never really had a proper girlfriend before and frankly I've regretted it, because I've had chances before. I just never took them, because like you I thought I didn't need a girlfriend at the time.

And I'm only 17. Come my 18th however, I'm gonna make an effort to be more outgoing etc. (partly because I'll finally be able to go to clubs/bars etc) So hopefully I'll meet someone on my travels. Or at least that's the plan.

If people have complemented your looks then take advantage. Start taking pride in your appearance and start creating your own style etc. (1).thats socially acceptable mind you, don't walk round in a Trench Coat and Sunglasses) You'll get noticed, especially if you do have 'good looks'.

Though I wouldn't hold out for one girl, because it's likely that you'll never get her. If you ever do, it'll probably come with some baggage. I'd say move on, go out more and meet some new people. You say that 'you don't love anyone else but that girl', that's the wrong mentality to have. Frankly thats more of an excuse, more than anything else.

Granted, take my advice with a grain of salt. Since I still haven't had a girlfriend yet, but I know people who are very successful with girls. (2).(One of them literally has three of them that are at his whim)

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Hunkulese

@cogrenized said:

I want to be in the military but my mom doesn't want me to be, so I have to let it go

That looks like the biggest problem you have. You're 20 it's time to realize it's your life.