Is having no girlfriend really a big deal?

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cogrenized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cogrenized

Hey Giantbomb. my first post.

I joined here because I love games.It's my sanctuary, my escape from reality.

I'm 20. people say I'm good looking but I have a rugged style, I do not really give emphasis on my looks, I don't care. but people make it a big deal that I haven't had a girlfriend ever since, and I am still "fresh and inexperienced" saying I'm weak, gay, etc. other would "offer" it to me for free, but I would decline, because I don't like. I do have crushes, but it ends there. I know someone beautiful who I want to marry, but she has a boyfriend, and she's famous. of course she won't recognize me until I become recognized and famous too..

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Simplexity

What exactly do you mean by "famous"?

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

It's as big a deal as you make it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Are you just trolling us because you know most of us are pathetic nerds with no chance of getting a girlfriend?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By cornbredx

This thread is going places.

Welcome to Giantbomb weird person =)

To answer your question: Only if you're in highschool (which I can tell you are are), but realistically no not really. Don't worry, life is life and you'll grow out of whatever it is that your trying to say or you'll become more of you or whatever and yada yada

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Your post confuses me, but to answer the title: Yes, apparently having access to a pussy totally turns your life around, evolves your personality and brain, and so having no girlfriend is a big deal.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah it matters so much. Like if you don't get one now, you'll die of cancer. Sorry to break it to you like that.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By trulyalive

Hey, man. I'm also 20 and have had my fair share of girlfriends in the past. For the past few years I've been going it alone due to any number of personal issues or concerns that kind of put me in a place where it's either wholly more conveniant or in some places safer to not be tied down to a person. As a result, I often hear similar things from people that you do.

Here's the solution: Fuck those people. They have no say in how you live your life. If you are single because that's the best thing for now, then you've made a decision and making that sort of decision is one of the hardest things you can go through at this time in your life.

In regards to this 'person you want to marry', if you're not advancing because she has a boyfriend already, then good on you. That shows a level of morality that a lot of people lack. My advice would be though that if you're holding out hope that one day she'll 'recognize you [as a famous person]' don't tie yourself down so much. If she'd only be into you because you're famous, as a default you can probably do better.

TheVampireBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheVampireBoy

it's not the most important thing in the world, sure you see games as an escape, but you don't want to be too divulged in to the game, it doesn't hurt at having some form of relationship. find someone who has the same interests with you, or find someone who is willing to learn the ways of becoming a gamer. i get what your going through alot by my 2 brothers, but i've recently met a person who's just..... wow. what i'm saying is that it's best to be patient and live life the way you want to live it, take things at your own pace and don't rush things like the people who have girlfriends in their teen's to lower 20's have. you got all the time in the world dude, don't jump forward so fast just because everyone else around you has. take pride in the fact that your willing to sit back and wait for the right person. it gives you a really good vibe man. trust me.

Gumby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gumby

@MooseyMcMan said:

Are you just trolling us because you know most of us are pathetic nerds with no chance of getting a girlfriend?

Phew! What a relief!

I thought I was the only one!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1

Green name, 1 post, no picture. These are warning signs to not take you seriously.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Virago

Why are you asking a bunch of video game nerds? How about you go out and poll the real world that judges you?

IMO, It's your personality and skills that define you as a person, not the person you nail.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

You're not missing out on much. Here's why:

Did you expect anything less from me?
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By AlexW00d

Anyone else realise his name is an anagram of recognized?

Elusionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Elusionar

That what baby oil is for...

cogrenized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cogrenized

I've finished high school already years ago though I am not enrolled in college yet. (no plans yet. I want to be in the military but my mom doesn't want me to be, so I have to let it go) Thanks for your posts. you may think I'm trolling, cause this i'm just new here, but I'm not that type of person.I wouldn't waste other's time, I'm sincere.

I'm afraid that the girl I like might get married. that would be devastating to me.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Still_I_Cry

No it is not.

Stop letting others rule how you think.

Also, you're not ready for a girlfriend anyway judging by that post.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Video_Game_King said:

What is this, I don't even...

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By TyrellOCP

Nerds on a video game website are the best people to ask about relationships and they'll definitely take the topic seriously.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King
@MooseyMcMan

私から何が思い設けたか?
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Video_Game_King said:

@MooseyMcMan: 私から何が思い設けたか?

Not even Google Translate can make sense of that! "思I設Keta from me or what?" What does that even mean?!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By probablytuna

It's only a big deal if you make a big deal out of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Not if you're a gay male.

UncleClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By UncleClassy

Not having some piece hanging on your arm all the time means more time for yourself and friends.

Sounds good to me!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King
@MooseyMcMan

Google Translate isn't really that good; you should know that. I was trying to say "What did you expect from me", but I suck at Japanese. I need the practice, though, and I'm sure that the 思い設けた was the part that fucked it all up (I don't have a lot of luck when I carefully copy/paste words from online dictionaries).
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Video_Game_King: Yeah, it's not great. I mostly just use it for individual words, and then it usually works just fine (for stuff like French or Spanish anyway). Not using the "regular-ass alphabet" tends to mess things up when keyboards are built for it.

I am still at a loss about that video though. I really shouldn't be, it is Japanese, and I already know Japan is weird.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MezZa

So you've never touched a girl's shoulder?

Also, if you have to ask if it's a big deal to not have a girlfriend then you aren't in the right mind set for a real relationship anyway. The only thing is that you missed the practice leagues known as high school. Other than that don't worry about it.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

It's as big a deal as you make it.

this.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By Sackmanjones

Do you want one?
If not who cares

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Video_Game_King
@MooseyMcMan said:

I really shouldn't be, it is Japanese, and I already know Japan is weird.

What exactly is weird about that video? The part where the one guy explains how much there is to having a girlfriend? Or the friend being kinda jealous about it?
Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fizzy

I'm 20 and I have no girlfriend. You don't see anything wrong with me do you? :}

Don't answer that.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MideonNViscera

Get a girlfriend even if you don't want one. It's good practice. Learn what mistakes you tend to make, then correct them for when you're with someone you actually want. Just don't waste a lot of money on her.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33  Edited By natetodamax
@MideonNViscera

Get a girlfriend even if you don't want one. It's good practice. Learn what mistakes you tend to make, then correct them for when you're with someone you actually want. Just don't waste a lot of money on her.

I must say, that is terrible advice friend. "Hey, go make a girl think you like her and use her as practice!"
uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By uniform

Only if you're Batman, and you're spending a little too much time with Robin.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Chop

It's a huge deal. You have to follow and cave into societal pressures no matter how you feel. You're gonna have to have a wife and kids someday, it's just how the world works.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CrimsonNoir

It's not that big of a deal but it's highly recommended.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bombHills

It's not a big deal, and I wouldn't even think of marriage until you have at least 4-5 years of living together. Just relax. I never dated until I was 20, looking back at the pre-girl times, they were great. No troubles, more money, more freedom.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38  Edited By Jeust

Everything depends of what you make of it. It can be a big deal if you think it is. It won't be as much if you think otherwise.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By VoshiNova

@Video_Game_King said:

I want to be a fly on your wall.

Coup of soup was amazing

Manloi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Manloi

Hello!

How about I am 25 going to be 26 and have no girlfriend ever before?

To be honest, I do not believe there is a problem. Life is a great big open world. You can choose whatever you like to do in your life.

Not having a great friend now is not a big deal. For a girl, not having a boyfriend now, they might be in trouble. Their beauty does not last long.

I am not being sexual. I am just saying men and women are different. Beside, if you really want to find someone to love you the way you are, it's totally by chance.

You can't force it. If you are not ready, then play more games. Games nowadays is great.

Chalian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Chalian

@Video_Game_King:

What a nice song.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@akiz_jack said:

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@RE_Player92 said:

Green name, 1 post, no picture. These are warning signs to not take you seriously.

Sorry dude but that was kind of douchey.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Blannir

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@akiz_jack said:

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RE_Player1

@OllyOxenFree said:

@RE_Player92 said:

Sorry dude but that was kind of douchey.

Sorry if it sounds rude but every single day I see multiple spam or troll threads on the forums from people with a green name (the color you get assigned when you make an account), 1 post, and no picture.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fizzy

I know green means "new", when am I not green? D:

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Trust us, brother, you found the right place.

I am disappointed in you, Bombers.. 3 Pages in... 3 fucking pages in..
I am disappointed in you, Bombers.. 3 Pages in... 3 fucking pages in..

@TC So, I'm going to say the exact opposite of everyone else here. Not only because it's fun to do, but because it's my honest opinion. (SAY WHAT?!)

There is something wrong with you. Yes, you heard me. You are twenty years old and have never had a girlfriend. You idolize someone who's happily married and famous, and for whatever reason, you reckon that yourself being famous will catapult you into a position where you can marry this here specific person you've never met by means of stealing her away from her marriage.

Yep.. Yep.. Anyone else sense something wrong with this? ANYONE?! CALL THE COPS AND PROBABLY THE CLEANING-LADY!

In all seriousness, however, mate... While there is no sense in tossing yourself into a relationship while you can just toss off and be content about it, life is a lot more than fantasies and dreams. Getting to know someone of the opposite sex in an intimate way is a crucial experience for a man, as well as a woman. By entering a relationship based on mutual respect and trust, as well as attraction, you learn more about yourself, as well as about the world, life, and ofcourse the other person.

By depriving yourself of this experience, you're not just keeping yourself from what could be happiness, but also from developing further as a person.

Modern romance is, essentially, a lost cause. It is no such thing as what you see on TV or read about in books, or what your favourite boy-band is currently bouncing along to without any shirts and pants that are at least two sizes too small. (Bounce, boy, bounce!)

What it is, however, is a means to provide you with fond memories, intimacy and someone you can trust. And yes, shag the bloody hell out of. (What? It's important. Sex is good for you, psychologically as well as bodily, and you know what? It's fun, and can bring you closer to someone.) But what's truly great about all this, is that it's not just for yourself, but for someone else, too. By comitting yourself to another person, you learn to think in broader terms. And in all honesty, having someone you know feels for you, and relies on you is probably the greatest incentive a man can ever get to actually accomplish what they want, rather than just sit around and fantasize about it. Feel me, bro'?

And there you go, mate, my honest opinion on it. GO GET A GIRLFRIEND! If only to know what all the bloody fuss is about, and duders.. Duders.. Don't.. Don't.. You know.. I just.. Feel the need to add this, but.. If it's not consensual, it's illegal.. And wrong. Very, very wrong.. Alright?.. Yeah, good.. Good, glad we had this talk. Now go get them, tiger!

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By ultimatepunchrod

this isnt a big deal at all. just do what makes you happy

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Depends what your trying to do. For example if your looking to get married or have kids then it's probably useful to have one around.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By theguy

W H A T