• 71 results
shakafo00o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shakafo00o

I feel like I've put without having one for so long it's no longer worth it to get it. Now I wish a had one sometimes but is it worth it??. Hah everyone's been tellin me Dude! more power to ya, yeah don't get one man! Would this take away some of the boredom, or add to it?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CaLe

Would it fill a hole deep inside of you? If not then you don't need one. Only do things that will fill holes deep inside of your very being. Everything else is a waste of time.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Worth what? It's free.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By falserelic

I don't even use facebook.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By RobotHamster

No.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By beargirl1

it's free. you can try it for yourself

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Just sigh and move along people

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By FreakAche

I think Facebook is sort of a generational thing. There's a whole group of people, under a certain age (I'd say probably somewhere in the mid 20's) who use it in place of email. Because of that, it's sort of a necessary evil for me, even though it's not really the most efficient way to communicate. So it all depends on your situation. Ask yourself whether or not in your situation, Facebook would help you communicate, and decide accordingly.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By stinky

should i post here?

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By me3639

Dont be a sheep.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By newhaap

For myself, I use Facebook to keep in touch with my family. From what I can tell other ways people use Facebook are:

• To keep in touch with friends
  • To keep up with trends
  • To broadcast their life drama to other people so they can have their own reality show

I don't use it much at all, but if any of the above sounds like what you want to do then yeah it's worth it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By BeachThunder

Do you have friends? Would you like to peer into said friends' everyday lives from the comfort of your computer?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CaLe

@BeachThunder said:

Do you have friends? Would you like to peer into said friends' everyday lives from the comfort of your computer?

I have one friend and he doesn't have Facebook but I still want to peer into his everyday life. What should I do?

marmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By marmalade

@CaLe said:

I have one friend and he doesn't have Facebook but I still want to peer into his everyday life. What should I do?

His house has windows, right?

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Hamst3r

@CaLe said:

@BeachThunder said:

Sneak into his room while he's sleeping and sew yourself into his skin.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By kindgineer

Facebook is a great way to stay in touch with friends and share events with each other. If that is not your thing, than don't. However, don't stop from exploring it so that you can feel like "you beat the system." I think it's safe to say none of us are younger than 12 years old, so just use one with the best interest of others. Don't be one of those jackasses that spams "LIKE THIS POST IF YOU WOULD DO THIS," or any of those god damn Meme's.

BrainSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BrainSonata

If you have to ask if ANYTHING is "worth it" then chances are, it isn't.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By envane

yes .. no .. whatever

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeforgotten

For me it is, keeping in touch with family around the world is easier with facebook than expensive phone calls. 
Also a bunch of free expansions and add-ons for all of my games and free upgrades for the PC and stuff like that just for hitting "like" on things like Nvidia and other companies like that. 

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Hizang

It's free, just set one up and use it if you want.

I spend less than 10 minutes on Facebook each day, I check it about 3 times a day just to see if I have any messages or one of my friends posted a cool picture.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By YI_Orange

Would you use it? If yes, then it's worth it. If not, then it's not.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DeeGee

I'll never understand why it is considered cool to hate on Facebook.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@DeeGee said:

I'll never understand why it is considered cool to hate on Facebook.

Because it's so popular. Everyone has an account...except the people who don't.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SmilingPig

If you like unsolicited and often misleading ads, if you like to know that your friend as planted a tree in is virtual garden and then has cut the tree, made logs, crafted a table, crafted chairs, as set up a dining room... Than yes Facebook is for you.

Kaiserhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kaiserhawk

Always handy to keep in contact with friends without expending phone credit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone offered me a watermelon for free but I don't know if I like watermelon. All my friends like watermelon. Should I eat this free thing and see if I like it?

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NekuCTR

@shakafo00o: You just escaped the point where you could be considered a hipster. Now your just sensible. Get a Twitter though.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xdaknightx69

guys like this thread!

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By Cube

You don't really need a Facebook account. I honestly just use it as a means to communicate with my girlfriend if her/my phone is dead. Even then, I'm always considering deleting it.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By stonyman65

I use it to keep up with friends that have moved away, or people I don't get to see often. Other than those, say, 36 people, I don't care about anything else on Facebook.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By laserbolts

It's free and there's no reason not to have it if you have friends that use it.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dichemstys

I don't see any problem with it. Good way to talk to people who live far away or you haven't talked to in forever.

Dexter_Morgan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dexter_Morgan_

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zeforgotten
@Dexter_Morgan_ said:

You could replace "Facebook" with "Giant Bomb" heck even "The Internet" and it would still be true :P
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BraveToaster

Since you called it "a Facebook" I would have to say no.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By matti00

Do you care about your friends? Do you have 10-15 minutes spare a day? Then it might be worth you getting a Facebook.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By ajamafalous

I spend all of 10 minutes on Facebook every 2-3 days and that's it. It's a good way to keep in touch with friends who have moved away (i.e. all my friends from high school). If that sounds appealing to you then go ahead, if not, then don't. You don't have to be one of those people that posts 6 statuses a day.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mandude

The Latest Update on my Facebook News Feed:

Gotta love it when the toilet water splashes your ass.
Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Grillbar

its a fantastic way to stalk people like old girlfriends and they friends who you thought was hot and just browse though all the pics they upload. and find out how badly things may have been going for the people who bullied you/ were assholes just to find the sense of justice. thats right camilla thats what happens when you screw around you end up fat ugly alone and with 3 children and no one want to be your real friend or hang out with you anymore... for example

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41  Edited By natetodamax

I use it to keep in touch with friends, though there are several infuriating things that people do with it.

oneidwille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By oneidwille

I have a fake facebook account, that is linked to a fake gmail account to a person I created, with a made up flickr account, with pictures of people I found on the internet by different search strings (like guy wearing baseball cap, couple eating, family photo, etc).

I am still in the process of cultivating an online persona, and inviting people to fake events/meet ups in my city.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Akyho

@shakafo00o said:

I feel like I've put without having one for so long it's no longer worth it to get it. Now I wish a had one sometimes but is it worth it??. Hah everyone's been tellin me Dude! more power to ya, yeah don't get one man! Would this take away some of the boredom, or add to it?

I looked at your avatar and said to myself "Did I post this?!" props to hard gay's single "YMCA" cover.

Ontopic. I got one last year due to some friends moving away and was the only way to keep in touch. we all got connected and other friends. My close friends have a network of friends they dont want us involved with. So didnt get them added. So I went with my network of friends not with them. I tried to join in convos. I was ignored. I tried expressing myself and getting some attention to have an conversation. Nothing.

I wasnt looking to make Facebook a thing. i just wanted to talk to friends. However it failed. So i eventualy got sick of seeing everyone having some pretty fucking dismal conversations and topics. I shut it down. I dont regret it.

However I wouldnt have known that if I didnt try. So why not. Just dont fall into some awfull pit falls like FB games!

Also the whole like button thing is a joke and makes me sick how companies play that. Ugh. I pass up free content I would like because of it all. FB is not for me...now My space when people were on that. That was the shit. I had The YMCA hard gay background. I had it play when people came to my page. I fucking had Unscandal talk to me for a bit. A Japanese Ska band.

Facebook is so impersonal.....

Granted I am not gay....so the page would throw people off, when this welcomed them......

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Strife777

Yoooo man, don't be a sheep dude. It's like, a plot by the higher powers to get to you, you know. They're just trying to get you to conform, BRAINWASH YO! Soon we'll just be zombies, liking everything our friends say bro! Playing annoying games, sending annoying requests. ''Hey those animals are mistreated, don't leave them in your car.'' ''O-M-G, my life sucks soooo bad, fml.''Don't you get it!!!!! This is all a conspiracy, you can't escape it! They're trying to make you miserable!!!!!1!!1!

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By supermonkey122

It's kind of dying. Twitter is becoming more popular now.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By Red

Facebook depends entirely on how your friends use it. The vast majority of people's updates will be so stupid that you will be unable to think less of them, but sometimes someone will post something moderately entertaining.

Regardless, it's useful to have simply because it's a service wherein everyone uses their real name. If you meet someone and want to see them again, you can look them up on facebook. Get one, just be cautious.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48  Edited By JasonR86

@shakafo00o:

It depends on how well connected you are with your friends. My friends and I all have jobs so it makes it harder to plan times to hang out without Facebook. It really sort of depends on how you are networked with your friends. The weird social stigma you're talking about regarding Facebook is juvenile though. Don't let that apparent idea of what Facebook is keep you or drive you to creating an account.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By landon

Facebook is boring and the people who spend all day on it are boring, mindless idiots.

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers