Is the Watchmen movie going to be any good?

• 66 results
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Rowr said:
"If you dont like 300 you are not a real man = fact."
This is a general rule of thumb but is valid.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bullet_Jr said:
"Rowr said:
"If you dont like 300 you are not a real man = fact."
This is a general rule of thumb but is valid."
Note to self: you are not a real man.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Wolverine

It is really hyped up so hopefully it delivers.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Pibo47

I hope its good, i love watchmen!

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By RetroIce4

I hope so. Keyword: Hope.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By regularassmilk

haha I talked to my history teacher and it turns out he's a big Watchmen geek.
lol

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By LiquidPrince

Maybe... It looks weird to me, but then again, I've never read the original graphic novel.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Gizmo

Zach Snyder is one of the brightest young directors, the Dawn Of The Dead remake is one of my favourite films ever.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Gizmo said:
"Zach Snyder is one of the brightest young directors, the Dawn Of The Dead remake is one of my favourite films ever."
Same here. Even if most people are disappointed, the fact that a Watchmen movie exists makes life worth living.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By teh_destroyer
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"teh_destroyer said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"jakob187 said:
My only problem is going to be if he puts a million pounds of slo-mo into the flick.
Well, you've seen 300.  And you've seen the Watchmen trailers.  So you know the answer.

When every other shot in the trailer is in slow motion, it's time to ready the facepalms.  I fucking hate Zack Snyder.  I hated 300, and I'm going to hate this film. "
Do you realise that this is only Snyder's 3rd film?For it being only his 3rd movie he is doing rather well so far.Besides,you know what they say,3rd time is a charm."
It depends on what you regard as "well."

I mean, it all comes down to taste, hence my usage of the pronoun "I", but I don't really feel Snyder is as fucking visionary as the media likes to make him out to be. 

I mean, all three of his films have been either remakes or adaptations.  In 300, the directorial work was basically done for him.  He just lifted the shots straight from the novel; of course, this isn't counting that horrid Queen subplot, because that looked like amateur filmmaking at its most banal. "
I would prefer the rookie movie director that has made only 3 really good movies over the guy that has been around for some 10+years and has made a lot of OKAY movies.1 other thing,Hollywood is the boss around here of doing remakes and and adaptations.Put Snyder a side for a moment,when was the last time you saw Hollywood give us something original?Its been a long time coming my friend,so you can't really throw that fact into Snyder's face.
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#61  Edited By trulyalive
Sir_Ragnarok said:
  I don't really feel Snyder is as fucking visionary as the media likes to make him out to be. 

I mean, all three of his films have been either remakes or adaptations.  In 300, the directorial work was basically done for him.  He just lifted the shots straight from the novel; of course, this isn't counting that horrid Queen subplot, because that looked like amateur filmmaking at its most banal. "
You might want to look up the word visionary. Visionary doesn't mean that you're original and constantly innovative.
According to Dictionary.com, Visionary means: "given to or characterized by fanciful, not presently workable, or unpractical ideas, views, or schemes"
If following this definition, the one most likely attributed to Snyder by the media, he is very much a visionary director as his visual style is seen as wildly unpractical and outside the Hollywood norm.
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#62  Edited By trulyalive
teh_destroyer said:
"Put Snyder a side for a moment,when was the last time you saw Hollywood give us something original?"
Uhh, Pan's Labyrinth? The Wrestler? Southland Tales? None of these films are old by any means and all are very unique and original.
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By adam_grif

Yes, I have the script for the film version, and for the most part it is very faithful.

So as long as the actors pull their weight (looks good from trailers, but we never trust a trailer), it will be great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TomA said:
"I hear the book is good but i refuse to read it,I don't want to be like everybody else,so i',m sticking to my goddamn Michelle West(Hunter's Oath) and Max Brooks(World War Z)"
Yeah, cause Max Brooks'  zombie wankery is so underground and unique.
You're missing out on a fantastic piece of literature which happens to be a comic which might just be gateway for you to read amazing stuff like Walking Dead, Preacher, Y: The Last Man, Transmetropolitan, Powers and Fables which you'd probably dismiss because they're comics. But go ahead, wallow in your filth and ignorance.

As for the movie. I liked Snyder's Dawn Of The Dead remake, sure it had none of the meaning of the original, but it was well made and entertaining.
300 was very close to the source material, but there really wasn't much to work with so it was just alotta cool flash.  I'm afraid this will probably end up as an amalgamation of those. Entertaining flash, but with the original meaning/intent of the source material gone.

Especially in this post Dark Knight world we live in. Watchmen tore down the superhero conventions and turned it dark and gritty, I feel we've already seen the holes in that facade with that movie. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I'm not exactly filled with hope for this flick.
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By adam_grif

Apparently Sandman / The Sandman (can't remember) is great too.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By Otacon

I'm a very big fan of the GN, I think the film has a chance of showing the story in a different light. As it will still be Watchmen it will be awesome but I doubt it will be as awesome as the GN.