Is there a lot of acid bathing in Breaking Bad?

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Or in other words, does it get any more disgusting than the second episode? I know its a program about crystal meth so naturally at some point it was going to get a bit rank, but I wasn't expecting to see organs fall through a ceiling about 2 hours in. (Please avoid spoilers!)

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JouselDelka

I re-watched the entire series during the past week and I can confirm that the bathtub collapsing was by far the most gory and disgusting scene in the series.

My memory is weak, I always forget shit, but I'm pretty sure that you're in the clear. You will see blood, you will see dudes get shot in the head, but nothing that can make the average stomach turn.

I won't tell you whether or not you'll see more acid action, I'll keep you in the dark about that, but even if dudes get dissolved in acid, it won't be as bad as that bathtub.

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By clush

@jouseldelka said:

I re-watched the entire series during the past week and I can confirm that the bathtub collapsing was by far the most gory and disgusting scene in the series.

My memory is weak, I always forget shit, but I'm pretty sure that you're in the clear. You will see blood, you will see dudes get shot, but nothing that can make the average stomach turn.

You're forgetting a certain scene with a bomb on wheels. That one's pretty graphic.

Other than that the gore is rather few and far between, but they definitely don't shy away from it.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

I'm currently at the tenth episode of season two and there hasn't been any more acid bathing. ahah

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JouselDelka

@clush: OP, don't read this, I'm replying to clush:

That was at the end of season 4, so the dude has 4 whole seasons to watch before he reaches it. I didn't wanna mention it so I don't spoil it, but you did a good job keeping it vague :) As far as dissolved organs and splashing gallons of blood go, he won't be seeing that again will he? Even the Tortuga scene wasn't as gory as the bathtub.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

That's definitely the grossest shit you're going to see, though not necessarily the most disturbing thing imo. That show throws effing dark.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Milkman

If I remember correctly, there are one or two more instances of acid bathing but nothing nearly as gross.

EDIT: Actually, thinking back, I can remember one scene in particular that's pretty goddamn graphic that I think might be a little grosser than the bathtub scene.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah, stuff like that is pretty rare, and that's probably the most gruesome scene that comes to mind. In fact it's kinda weird thinking back how there's barely any swearing (besides Jessie's 'bitch' catchphrase), nudity, or gore, and yet it still manages to be pretty fucking disturbing and violent in some key spots. The lack of nudity and gore isn't that much of a stretch since it's not inherently necessary, but the lack of swearing, given the context of the show, is surprising, yet also impressive given the sort of tone it still manages to set without it.

...Though maybe it's in there, but is all just well edited and/or censored, and this is just my memory fucking me over.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@yummylee: I think Jesse says fuck you a couple of times, but it's censored because American non premium tv channel.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@oni said:

That show throws effing dark.

Indeed, it's fantastic, though eventually I just couldn't keep watching it (I stopped watching partway through the third season). It was just too dark and too stressful for me.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By alternate

Lots of dead bodies but that is the only real gross out moment I can remember.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

S1E2 is very disturbing, but don't let it stop you watching. Go ahead with the rest if S1, there's nothing as dark in the near future so keep going and see how you enjoy it. I can't recommend staying with this show enough, it's absolutely phenomenal.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShaggE

Only one other scene comes close, as was mentioned already, but it's actually kind of cartoonish in a slasher movie way. If you made it through the acid bath, you're set for the series. The rest of the gory scenes are standard network TV stuff.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By cookiemonster

Thats good to hear, but I'm definitely gonna refrain from watching this shit before bed. I had to re-watch the old Wipeout quicklooks to calm me down after that acid bath scene.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's probably up there with the most goriest scene you'll see. Keep watching, you'll see a few scenes that are somewhat gruesome looking, but nothing too too bad after the acid bath.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By pr1mus

There's a lot of violence to be sure but most of it isn't very graphic. As far as gore is concerned it's pretty much the worst one.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It happens a few times, but not nearly as graphic as the first time.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The acid bath is the grossest thing I can recall, and that was more gross to think about than anything (as really they don't actually show much of anything).

But ya, Breaking Bad is a great show.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know man other tham that bomb and a certain boxcutter, I don't think it gets very gross.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's nothing that's that gory and disgusting in the rest of the series, but there are other scenes which are harrowing in a different way.

Suffice to say this: the dissolved body is an aberration, but the horrible thing that happens at the end of the next episode, that's much more characteristic of tone and style of Breaking Bad. You should stick around for it though, it's totally worth it.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I can think of three other moments that i found to be more disturbing

It may not bother you though. Personally, I didn't think the bathtub scene was that shocking

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There's more acid bathing than most shows

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Thats good to hear, but I'm definitely gonna refrain from watching this shit before bed. I had to re-watch the old Wipeout quicklooks to calm me down after that acid bath scene.

I was having my dinner during that scene

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cookiemonster said:

I was having my dinner during that scene

mmmmmm

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

No not really, the situations do get more fucked, but there are few that get to that level of disgusting.