Jobs that you would never want, what are they and why?

• 69 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

I create this topic, mainly because I am going on a job search soon and I feel like this is a good topic to vent a bit of my real life tragedy a bit. (LONG LONG STORY... which I will never post here. For obvious reasons of this being the internet.)

One job I would NEVER want to be in, is being a Vet at a hospital for animals. Now sure, animals are awesome, and taking care of them is fucking awesome. But... there is a near 100% chance that YOU will have to be the one to end these poor animals lives inside that place. That... to me, is so freaking heartbreaking that I wouldn't last past the first poor animal dying in a chamber... Jesus this is making me sad talking about this.

I think this stems from the fact that I had a great dog dying on me in my childhood and... she had to be put down... sorry if this stirs many unpleasant memories everyone... I am just being honest in the fact that I would even take crab fishing and being in the military working on living people as a medic more than I EVER would as a vet... I know, hypocritical. But... when an animal stares at you... in that chamber... it destroys a part of your soul seeing it happen...

What is the one job you would NEVER want to work in?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JasonR86

I can only imagine that giving any answer will lead to a negative response from some GB member who has the job in question.

ohnobruno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ohnobruno

I'm scared of heights and even this video makes me nauseous.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hunkulese

@Jay444111: What a weird choice.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By N7
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

Whatever your job is.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Contrarian

Any job that requires me to work with dead livestock, especially a slaughterhouse. Killing animals for a living would kill my soul,

A hospital job of any sort. Working with dying people, especially children would just crush me. I admire people who do it a lot, but I just couldn't cope.

A theme for me would be anything to do with death is not for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What a puss.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Turambar

Let's go with an easy one.  Firefighter.  I am a pussy and do not want to put my life in danger for a living.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Most of them.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MariachiMacabre
mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mandude

A salesman. I believe there is a special place in hell for the majority of salesmen.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Anything in medicine.

Loyal_Dragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Loyal_Dragoon

Middle Eastern Dictator.

There's just something about revolts that I could never handle...

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Contrarian said:

A hospital job of any sort. Working with dying people, especially children would just crush me. I admire people who do it a lot, but I just couldn't cope.

I'm going with this as well.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By N7
iPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iPliskin

A non-muslim person in Nigeria http://j.mp/ypOpHr, what a lovely, peaceful and tolerant ideology.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Rohok

I'd hate to do anything non-Military related, except teach or work as a historian in a museum or something.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Editorial Director for gamespot, because, you know.

AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By AnxiousTube

I don't want to do anything that involves killing someone, or something, in reality, and sitting behind a computer with an excel spread sheet open. I hate math, although I recognize it's use in our modern day society, it's just not for me. I love acting and writing so that's the path that I want to head down.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

customer service person or anything to do with people. i don't like too many people and yeah.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By eugenesaxe

Street policeman. Your life is on the line every time you punch in, and you get very little visible respect/appreciation for doing a seriously dangerous job.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hot_Karl

Fucking retail is the worst fucking job you'll take. If you know something about electronics and work at a Best Buy or something, that's probably ok, but like a department store, where you don't get commission, where the place is filthy, the customers ornery, you're constantly having to clean up and fold and fold and fold and fold and fold...

Horrible. I think I'd rather work at a fast food joint.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BraveToaster

Why do you use ellipses so much?

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any job where I have to sit in a desk all day

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Questionable

No jobs come to mind, there are some companys i would never want to work for tough.

Companys that treat employees as a resource they can hire and sac on a wim without taking into account that person's working experience or value to the company.

Companys where half the parking slots are always open but only high ranked members may park while the common folk have to walk a minimum of 10 minutes to the nearest lot

Companys where the only way to survive is to adopt the mindset of a lemming,

Seriously the Dutch KPN (the largest telecom/ISP here) is the most vile company i have ever worked for and i will never set a foot in that company ever again

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27  Edited By me3639

So many jokes, so little time... but for a response i am most related i would say truck driver. As someone who has know been in the transportation business for over 20 years, unless you are a super hero, do not become a truck driver.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HaltIamReptar

@me3639 said:

So many jokes, so little time... but for a response i am most related i would say truck driver. As someone who has know been in the transportation business for over 20 years, unless you are a super hero, do not become a truck driver.

What would my power have to be?

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By me3639
@HaltIamReptar

The power to never sleep.
FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By FightMeNerd

I am constantly telling people who come to gamestop that they don't want to work at gamestop. So many people apply everyday not knowing the horror it really is. At least at mall stores. They just put some new rules in for this year. Not picking up a game that is reserved by your pay period results in a write up. Employees are not allowed to reserve more than 10 games. Employees can not cancel their reservations. Games that are not picked up by customers who reserved them count as a cancellation to the person who sold the reservation. That leads to bad numbers and bad numbers leads to termination. We must now, in this specific order, pitch subscriptions, free cards, reservations, guarantees, customer service survey, and trades each transaction and no transaction is meant to take longer than one minute. Also now we must personally call and mark every person who has reserved any game and pitch trade promotions to each customer. Also hours are being cut drastically so even at the busiest stores the average full time employee will get about 20 hours. Part timers won't work or only get around 4 to 8 hours a week. At least that is what was the last information I received.

Some old rules that were terrible were if you reserved a special edition as an employee then if the store doesn't receive enough copies, you forfeit your special edition to customers.

I could go on forever but this isn't that kind of thread.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vexxan

Customer support at any company.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zeforgotten
@PeasantAbuse said:

@Contrarian said:

I'm with those two
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By penguindust

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Z3RO180

avoid the cheackouts in any supermarcket....soul destroying....

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dunchad

@ohnobruno:

Holy fucking jesus. I get vertigo when standing on a chair - that video is fucked up and it made my palms sweat like mad. Yeah, definitely no jobs that include scaffolding or climbing gear.

Also, telemarketing is pretty horrible. I quit after 2 weeks because I just felt shitty after work every day.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ZimboDK

Eh, I work in customer support at a small-ish IT company. It's not bad. I answer the phone and respond to emails all day. There are no quotas, I'm not being monitored, and there aren't any ridiculous policies in the company. It's fine.

2 things I'd never want to do though, is telemarketing and working in a big call center. We just got a new sales guy, and his job for the next week is to call 200 different companies and sell our products to them. Fuck that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call-centre. Everyone I know who has ever worked at one says it's the absolute worst. Even people who are good at the job usually quit after a few months to save their sanity.

Moreau_MD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Moreau_MD

The God-Emperor of Mankind. I don't think I could handle the pressure...

No Caption Provided
galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#40  Edited By galiant
Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Talis12

anything with fish.. cant stand the taste of fish, but the smell is even worse.. people that work in one of those fish stands can shower 3 times a day for the next 6 weeks and still not get rid of the oder

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By _Zombie_

Anything that involves picking up shit with my hands on a daily basis.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Fajita_Jim

You know when it's 100 degrees outside and you're driving past some road construction and you see those guys in orange vests spreading steaming asphalt out with shovels?

That.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Joker369

Anything in medicine. I couldn't handle people dying being a part of my job. Props to the people who do it, just not for me.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MikkaQ

Prostitution, probably wouldn't want to sleep with older women for money. For freshly baked cookies though, HELL YEAH!

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MikeGosot
@sideshow said:

anything with fish.. cant stand the taste of fish, but the smell is even worse.. people that work in one of those fish stands can shower 3 times a day for the next 6 weeks and still not get rid of the oder

Oh, c'mon! The smell of fish is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  

@MikkaQ said:

Prostitution, probably wouldn't want to sleep with older women for money. For freshly baked cookies though, HELL YEAH!

Older women would be the least of your problems. 

Also, i would hate to masturbate animals, or be the janitor of a motel and shit like that.
Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Klei

I'd hate to work as a fisherman for crab in Alaska.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Doctorchimp

Minimum Wage

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By baconbits33

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Contrarian said:

I used to think this along with my bro, but he became a combat medic for the Army, and told me it's freakin amazing. I signed up for it, looking forward to the experience, and conquering that fear.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Contrarian

@baconbits33 said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Contrarian said:

I used to think this along with my bro, but he became a combat medic for the Army, and told me it's freakin amazing. I signed up for it, looking forward to the experience, and conquering that fear.

I think we all have a deep reserve of strength to step up and conquer our fears if we wish to tap into it. I am sure you will soar to great heights. Good luck.