Just beat Bayonetta, Thank god for the Japanese.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By MikeFightNight

Man I knew this game was going to be crazy before I started playing it but I was surprised when it surpassed my normal expectations for crazy.  From start to ending credits this game is a ride.  Between all the awesome fighting and crazy cutscenes you almost start to feel exhausted if you play it for long periods of time.  If every game Japan made was of this lunacy and of the same quality I think I would stop playing games all together, it's almost to much to take in. 

In the end Bayonetta is a great game that I feel raises the standards  for all games in this genre,  It's not perfect but at it's core the fighting just feels great.  I didn't think I would ever say this, but when I play God of War 3 it will defiantly have some competing to do. 

If anyone else has beat Bayonetta and just wants to ramble about it's craziness feel free;)

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MikeFightNight

Man I knew this game was going to be crazy before I started playing it but I was surprised when it surpassed my normal expectations for crazy.  From start to ending credits this game is a ride.  Between all the awesome fighting and crazy cutscenes you almost start to feel exhausted if you play it for long periods of time.  If every game Japan made was of this lunacy and of the same quality I think I would stop playing games all together, it's almost to much to take in. 

In the end Bayonetta is a great game that I feel raises the standards  for all games in this genre,  It's not perfect but at it's core the fighting just feels great.  I didn't think I would ever say this, but when I play God of War 3 it will defiantly have some competing to do. 

If anyone else has beat Bayonetta and just wants to ramble about it's craziness feel free;)

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Time to go VROOM!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

I'm currently in Chapter 5. My god this game is good. I am going to be replaying this and probably get all the achievements, if possible. I just can't put it down.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

I love Action Adventure games but for some reason I just can't get into this game. Half of the time I have no idea what's going on or what the hell I'm doing and the dialogues and Voice Over is just terrible. I know the meat of this game is the action and the gameplay which is extremely solid but I still would like the game to have a somewhat meaningful plot. There are cutscenes that just seem to drag on and on and I just find myself skipping through them so I can get back to playing the game. I also don't like the control scheme they have. I would have much rather have the LT as the dodge button. If there's a way to change it then please let me know. 

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I think the voice acting is great. Everyone has the perfect voice for their character and they all do a great job.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xyzygy
@Mordukai: If you don't like using RT, did you know that you can use the A button while you're locked on? I find it a lot better but I still like the RT way too. 

@Vito_Raliffe said:
" I think the voice acting is great. Everyone has the perfect voice for their character and they all do a great job. "
I think so too, all the voice actors are really good and funny. Especially Bayonetta!
MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikeFightNight

know I am going to sound crazy for saying this but their actually is a plot.  I know, I know, you think i'm crazy but you can tell the developers put a lot of effort into crafting the world in which Bayonetta takes place. 

Just look at all the books about the world they scatter in the game (Which I gotta say I read the first few logs, and a few on some enemies I thought looked cool but after that I didn't bother).   Now with me saying this their is still some stuff I don't quite get near the end.  Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying the story is a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but to say the game has absolutely no plot is a misstep.  Saying it has a crazy and sometimes bewildering plot, now your on the right track. 

As far as the character dialogue I actually thought it was good.  Well once I played a little and saw more interactions between the characters things start to click.  Like between Bayonetta and Cereza (The little girl) I found their conversations to be very convincing and cute.

But like others have said, it is a divisive game, you either really like it and get into it or don't get what their is to like 

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sabata

Dude, the opening sequence is set to "Fly me to the Moon." 

FLY ME TO THE FUCKING MOON 

shit is so cash

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mordukai
@MikeFightNight:  I don't think you're crazy and I am with you 100% on Bayonetta being a divisive game. As I huge DMC and GOW games I can't wrap my head around why I am not into this game. 
SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SilvarusLupus

I'm so sick of people complaining about the voice acting! I find the voice acting amazing and they all fit the characters perfectly. The thing I've noticed is that people complain about the voice acting but they never really say what's wrong with it. It's supposed to be cheesy and over the top at parts and when it's serious (aka the Jenne and Bayonetta interaction parts) I feel that the voice acting is done well too. 

Also, Enzo is supposed to be a goofy idiot.

Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ApertureSilence

I'm on my third play-through (just beat Hard), and I continue to love Bayonetta. I normally can't even stand this kind of game.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

@MikeFightNight said: 

but when I play God of War 3 it will defiantly have some competing to do.     

Yea, same applies to Dante.  

@SilvarusLupus said:
" I'm so sick of people complaining about the voice acting! I find the voice acting amazing and they all fight the characters perfectly. The thing I've noticed is that people complain about the voice acting but they never really say what's wrong with it. It's supposed to be cheesy and over the top at parts and when it's serious (aka the Jenne and Bayonetta interaction parts) I feel that the voice acting is done well too.   Also, Enzo is supposed to be a goofy idiot. "

I second this. 
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Vito_Raliffe said:
" Time to go VROOM! "
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By JJOR64

Bayonetta is a good game.  I recommend it.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By clarke0

I wasn't hyped for this game so I'm surprised to see it get so much critical acclaim. If I have the money I might consider picking this up because it really does look like ridiculous fun.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iam3green

o so is this game a fast game to beat? i never really heard of this game before. i have heard from people on the forums here but never looked into the game.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mordukai
@SilvarusLupus said:

" I'm so sick of people complaining about the voice acting! I find the voice acting amazing and they all fit the characters perfectly. The thing I've noticed is that people complain about the voice acting but they never really say what's wrong with it. It's supposed to be cheesy and over the top at parts and when it's serious (aka the Jenne and Bayonetta interaction parts) I feel that the voice acting is done well too.   Also, Enzo is supposed to be a goofy idiot. "

My main problem with the VO is that it just seem so bland and dry. No real emotion behind it. The cutscene also dragged on and on to point where I just sopped caring about the plot. Again, don't take it as me saying this game is bad, but that personally this game just didn't click with me.  

However, you know what I am sick of? People already comparing this game to God of War 3. The only similarities between the two is that they both reside within the same genre. Comparing Bayonetta to God War 3, and vice versa, is like trying to compare WRPG to JRPG and saying one is better then the other. Though go try explaining that to thick headed gamers.  

Edit: I would also like to add that part of my problem with the VO is that since Uncharted 2 came out, the level of Voice Over (or acting in Uncharted 2 case) had been raised considerably. So don't take too much to heart, I also thought some of the VO in Dragon Age was bland. 
Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Jost1

Well I spent 20 hours on it at this point so I obviously like it. Which is strange because it's a character action game. I traded in DMC4 after playing 2 hours of it.

gannon16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By gannon16

Bayonetta is excellent. My only complaint is there should have been more Enzo.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ineedaname

Agreed awesome game, I just wanted a fighting game, so picked it up and I don't regret it. 

Randomly turning into a group of bats having mistimed the dodge, giant hair feet coming out of no where, semi-nakedness, what more could you want?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pause422

I'll play GoW3 for the story that I kinda have an interest in, and the brutal satisfying stuff that you can do in it..but as far as gameplay as a whole, I already know it won't come close to Bayonetta, its just set the standards too high for this genre at this point.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Definately gonna rent this out.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#23  Edited By Icemael
@Mordukai said:
"However, you know what I am sick of? People already comparing this game to God of War 3. The only similarities between the two is that they both reside within the same genre. Comparing Bayonetta to God War 3, and vice versa, is like trying to compare WRPG to JRPG and saying one is better then the other. Though go try explaining that to thick headed gamers."
Comparing Bayonetta to God of War 3 is not like comparing WRPGs to JRPGs. That's just stupid. The fundamental ideas behind WRPGs and JRPGs are completely different(that's why they are different genres), whereas the ideas behind Bayonetta and God of War 3 are the same -- it's more like comparing a Castlevania game to Shadow Complex.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ryanwho

Some people don't understand, aesthetics and setting have NOTHING to do with the genre. Neither does where the game was made. GOW3 and Bayonetta are both basically rollercoaster rides. Ones a lot more self serious and the other a bit more gamey and self aware, but it stands to reason if you like one you might be interested in the other. Its kind of pretentious to act like just because Ninja Gaiden, DMC, and God of War require slightly different methods of input that its unfair to compare them. They're completely comparable. Linear corridors, insane combos, giant monster bosses. Slap a genre on it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Mordukai said:
" @SilvarusLupus said:

" I'm so sick of people complaining about the voice acting! I find the voice acting amazing and they all fit the characters perfectly. The thing I've noticed is that people complain about the voice acting but they never really say what's wrong with it. It's supposed to be cheesy and over the top at parts and when it's serious (aka the Jenne and Bayonetta interaction parts) I feel that the voice acting is done well too.   Also, Enzo is supposed to be a goofy idiot. "

My main problem with the VO is that it just seem so bland and dry. No real emotion behind it. The cutscene also dragged on and on to point where I just sopped caring about the plot. Again, don't take it as me saying this game is bad, but that personally this game just didn't click with me.   However, you know what I am sick of? People already comparing this game to God of War 3. The only similarities between the two is that they both reside within the same genre. Comparing Bayonetta to God War 3, and vice versa, is like trying to compare WRPG to JRPG and saying one is better then the other. Though go try explaining that to thick headed gamers.   Edit: I would also like to add that part of my problem with the VO is that since Uncharted 2 came out, the level of Voice Over (or acting in Uncharted 2 case) had been raised considerably. So don't take too much to heart, I also thought some of the VO in Dragon Age was bland.  "

Come on now dude, I love my God of War also, but this opinion of yours is ridiculous, we're talking about action games here, not RPG's which have complex gameplay mechanics which can differ vastly in the East and West. The gameplay found in both games is very similar.

I don't care if the combat isn't as good as it is in Bayonetta, as long as it's God of War I know and love, the game will be fine in my eyes.
vonsoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By vonsoot
@SilvarusLupus said:
Bayonetta > God of War 3 until God of War 3 comes out.
essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By essaregee

I'm in the process of beting the game on Non Stop Infanite Climax, and it's freeking insane. 
Every now and then I have to go back to easy and stock up on materials to make the lolipops (green and yellow). The yellow (invinvibility) have saved my ass so many times during boss battles.