#1 Edited by Demoskinos (15166 posts) -

So eventually someone is going to make this thread as far as I know nobody has posted this yet but share your current desktop wallpapers for starting out the new year! I pre-ordered Destiny today and Amazon was all here have this promotional wallpaper and I was like "Hey, that wallpaper looks nice" so I decided to change mine.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

Mine:

#3 Posted by TheMasterDS (2142 posts) -

I actually use a slideshow of 34 wallpapers along these lines of games I love on rotation daily.

#4 Posted by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -

#5 Posted by RecSpec (3948 posts) -

No specific reason, was just feeling it.

#6 Posted by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -
#7 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4830 posts) -

I use the alternating, slideshow wallpaper thing built into Windows. Probabaly has a proper name, but whatever

#8 Edited by believer258 (12209 posts) -

I've spent the past few months throwing anything and everything on my desktop, so it's an absolute mess right now, but I can guarantee you that there's nothing as, um, "interesting" as "Sexy Beach Zero" on there.

#9 Posted by wumbo3000 (1007 posts) -

My current obsession.

#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

I actually did a fresh install of windows this week so...

#11 Posted by Chaser324 (6745 posts) -

Here's my current desktop wallpaper.

#12 Edited by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Same, even though I have DreamScene installed and planned on making a animated desktop out of a video, I will more than likely keep this one.

#13 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

@chaser324: I like it, is that from anything or is it just a wallpaper?

#14 Posted by MB (13139 posts) -

Not much...but this is only on my laptop

#15 Posted by Pr1mus (3952 posts) -

#16 Posted by smokeyd123 (335 posts) -

I have a rotating theme with way too many images to throw up here, so this is just what's there now.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I can guarantee you that there's nothing as, um, "interesting" as "Sexy Beach Zero" on there.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (15166 posts) -

I've spent the past few months throwing anything and everything on my desktop, so it's an absolute mess right now, but I can guarantee you that there's nothing as, um, "interesting" as "Sexy Beach Zero" on there.

Haha I was wondering how long it was going to take before someone mentioned that. And you know what the only reason I still have that installed is because it was a fucking PAIN in the ass to get that damn thing working. I mean I had to do research for the Wiki page.

#19 Edited by alanm26v5 (463 posts) -

I should probably update my wallpaper as I've used that for most of 2013. (Also I have to use IE for a work related-thing, or else it wouldn't be pinned there, believe me.)

#20 Posted by believer258 (12209 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Haha I was wondering how long it was going to take before someone mentioned that. And you know what the only reason I still have that installed is because it was a fucking PAIN in the ass to get that damn thing working. I mean I had to do research for the Wiki page.

Sure you did. Speaking of pain, I had to do some research of my own on that Wiki page you linked and

Jesus fuckmothering Christ, please tell me this was a fucking bug or something.

#21 Posted by SlashDance (1843 posts) -

Taskbar on the left, desktop empty. This is how it's done.

#22 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4498 posts) -

#23 Edited by White (1416 posts) -
Notice the absolute lack of desktop icons

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (15166 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

@believer258 said:

Sure you did. Speaking of pain, I had to do some research of my own on that Wiki page you linked and

Pretty much. Its not exactly the most stable piece of software.

#25 Edited by Tom_omb (429 posts) -

I think I found this on Reddit, wish I could credit the artist.

#26 Edited by alanm26v5 (463 posts) -

@white: I can appreciate a good "To Do.txt" on the desktop.

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (15166 posts) -

@white said:
Notice the absolute lack of desktop icons

YES. Long Live the Queen! I'm glad so many people around here are picking up on that game.

#28 Posted by TobbRobb (4850 posts) -

<3 Journey. And I still haven't changed out the shitty 5:4 screen to the left. Notice how my main one is devoid of ANYTHING though. :D

#29 Posted by Capum15 (5002 posts) -

Been rocking this for a long damn time. I just never find anything better.

#30 Posted by Chaser324 (6745 posts) -
#31 Posted by MoistKiwi (14 posts) -

keeping it simple on my new macbook air.

#32 Posted by Disaya (290 posts) -

My desktop is pretty bad at the moment, I really need to clean it up. But this is what I'm using.

#33 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

Alternating between these right now.

#34 Posted by Stonyman65 (2873 posts) -

This is what I've been running for the last week or so. I change wallpapers every now and then so this changes often.
Also, those guitars aren't mine (I HATE Ernie Ball guitars) but I love the finishes so there.

#35 Posted by iamtirrrred (115 posts) -

This is what is on my desktop, can't wait for this game to come out!

#36 Posted by Disaya (290 posts) -
#37 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5102 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@demoskinos said:

@believer258 said:

Pretty much. Its not exactly the most stable piece of software.

I never had any problems with it when I played it... I mean when I did my research.

Also, Sexy Beach Zero is not very good.

Anyway! Here's my desktop:

#38 Posted by ConfusedOwl (972 posts) -

New wallpaper for 2014. Hope I can get my hands on a PS4 before it comes out.

#39 Posted by Demoskinos (15166 posts) -
#40 Edited by McTaters (29 posts) -

@themasterds: Ah, a fellow KS player. Good to know that some people have found that game. I'm really glad I did.

Anyway, here is mine. Nothing too fancy.

#41 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -
Relatively minimal space for working/procrastinating...
Using expose view to show how you can easily hide and organise an otherwise hectic load of apps.

Here is where I got the wallpaper from.

The IE icon is applied to virtual box, as I am just starting to use it exclusively to test websites on IE. I throw all my 'crap' into the downloads folder rather than the desktop. If you want to insert spaces in your dock just google "insert spaces in dock." I think Windows is also great to use even though it no longer fits my obscure needs (my desktop back in time).

#42 Posted by crithon (3456 posts) -

I have a combine soldier

#43 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

Here's my current look. Been attempting to keep it clean but at the same time a desktop without icons feels like a room without furniture to me. I just can't get used to it.

This also happens to be my favorite desktop background image ever. I've caught myself realizing that I haven't considered changing it since I set it. It's just perfect!

It's detailed but not cluttered, has the feeling of an actual place. It's not too bright so it's easy on the eyes whilst still having some color in it and there is inward depth to the picture which helps make the whole space feel roomier. Lastly, the light coming through the windows ups my mood by bringing to mind bright summer days, so a kind of nostalgic feeling I guess.

#44 Edited by Ben_H (3441 posts) -

I'm pretty boring. Though I seldom use Windows anymore so I don't really do much to make it look fancy or anything. I normally use Linux when on my desktop, but I have been having issues with getting things to play nicely with the new 27" monitor so I have been using Windows more since it doesn't put up a fight. I'll add my Mac stuff in a bit. It shows up so tiny on here, but I guess that is because of the image size or somethingHaving 3 different sized monitors always causes goofy stuff like that. the left one is 1920x1200 (old main monitor), right is 1920x1080. I am probably going to switch the right one so that it is portrait.

Edit: Here is some Mac stuff. I just use the default backgrounds on rotation. Some of them are actually quite nice. I use MenuMeters for the RAM usage, CPU usage, and network activity stuff. The music controls are built into Vox, which is from what I have found the best Mac music application. The little "i" thing is gfxCardStatus, which should be a mandatory install for all multi-GPU MBP owners:

Here's my Mission Control view thingy. I used to have the background changed but it reset when I put Mavericks on this machine. Usually all of my Spaces are full of stuff during the school year but I have a few days of break left so instead I have been doing recreational programming stuff that is more fun compared to assignments. During the year I easily have 8 Spaces of stuff at all times, usually two per assignment. I'm down to 6 right now.

#45 Posted by Capum15 (5002 posts) -
#46 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1602 posts) -

Been using this one for a few months now, so it's probably time for a change. But I really love the colors, so I'll probably keep it around for a little while longer...

#47 Posted by SgtSphynx (1572 posts) -

I have 32 images in a slideshow that changes the background every 30 minutes, currently it is this...

#48 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

#50 Edited by mjk0104 (215 posts) -

I have a slideshow of 776 images, mostly fantasy/sci-fi landscapes. The one that popped up when I looked just now was this one, I think it's concept art for DE:HR: