'Kumar', or Kal Penn: Associate Director in Obama Administration.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Commando

This really surprised me. Kal Penn, known for playing 'Kumar' in the Harold and Kumar movies, becomes the associate director for the Obama administration's Office of Public Liaison(OPL). At this government website, it describes the job as being one of the President's advisors. He will replace Tina Tchen. 

He also was in House, Epic Movie, Van Wilder, and many other huge movies/TV shows. I am very disappointed, because he said he won't do any more acting roles until he's no longer involved in politics. So no Harold and Kumar 3!  

At first this article made me laugh at Obama for choosing him, because I always picture him as being a hilariously goofy pot head. But then I remembered he went to UCLA and Stanford University, and I think he studied International Security at Stanford.
So he really could be qualified for the job.

What do you think of this decision for the Obama Administration? Good? Bad? Hilarious? Disappointing? Do you think he was chosen to give Obama more popularity with the "young folks"?

Here's the link. By the way there are some House spoilers in that link. So if you missed the last episode or two, and don't want to know what happened, don't click it.
vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#2  Edited By vigorousjammer

DIS-A-POINTING! No more H&K3 unless they get a new actor and then it'd probobly just suck...

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Ill have to see his last House Episode. 

Actors tend to have good speaking skills and relate to people, which is what a liason does, so he'll probably be fine. Its an odd choice to be sure, but we'll see how it goes.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Hamz

There is no doubt people will see this is a publicity stunt to make Obama look more down with the kids yo!

But that can't be a bad thing. Too many governments want to reach out to the younger generation, the next generation of voters, but fail because they employ middle aged grey haired men who barely know how to use a computer let alone what it can do when turned on.

Good on the guy for getting the job.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus
Commando said:
"So no Harold and Kumar 3"
Yeah, but there were 4 years in between the first two movies. If you really want Harold and Kumar 3, vote Republican in 2012... Hopefully they pick that up as a campaign slogan.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Megalon
Vigorousjammer said:
"DIS-A-POINTING! No more H&K3 unless they get a new actor and then it'd probobly just suck..."
Well to be fair, H&K 2 kind of sucked anyway.

I was just reading about this yesterday, it appears he's actually pretty qualified for it and has been quite serious about this stuff for awhile. Apparently they killed off his character on House even, and he has stated he's not doing any films while doing this job. 
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Oh my shit, that article has 6 sentences in a row that end with the phrase "he said." Now the fucking Applebees pop up ad won't close when I click the X button. Fuck that article.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By TheGodPoet
Megalon said:
"Vigorousjammer said:
"DIS-A-POINTING! No more H&K3 unless they get a new actor and then it'd probobly just suck..."
Well to be fair, H&K 2 kind of sucked anyway.

I was just reading about this yesterday, it appears he's actually pretty qualified for it and has been quite serious about this stuff for awhile. Apparently they killed off his character on House even, and he has stated he's not doing any films while doing this job. 
"
I saw that episode when I think he died.

I'm dissapointed I won't get a Harold and Kumar 3. The movies are always hilarious.
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By weltal

Guess that explains why Kutner is dead....

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Commando
Sincillian said:

I'm dissapointed I won't get a Harold and Kumar 3. The movies are always hilarious.
"
*******************SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LATEST EPISODE OF HOUSE*******************

Yeah, it was aired only 2 days ago. He committed suicide. 

***********end spoiler********
TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By TheGodPoet
Commando said:
"
Sincillian said:

"
*******************SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LATEST EPISODE OF HOUSE*******************

Yeah, it was aired only 2 days ago. He committed suicide. 

***********end spoiler********
"
SHIT HE DID...I guess I was thinking of the wrong episode.