jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

You'll find the story here.

The basics play out like this: a fan jumped up on stage in Prague back in 2010. Randy and the guy got into a fight. The dude was injured. He apparently ended up dying from the injuries? When they landed for their show in Prague last night, Randy was arrested on the spot, and the band had to cancel their show.

Needless to say, this is kind of a shock. Any LoG fans that said "WTF" just like me?

*EDIT* So...umm....just saying, such is the rule of honor? Randy should be forgiven.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jay444111

Why is it called Manslaughter? It sounds far FAR worse than murder. With murder it sounds like you are silently killing someone, with Manslaughter it sounds like you are chopping dozens of people up with a axe while laughing maniacally...

That is the way I see on how weird that word is used anyway...

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Uh oh. I'm not a fan of LoG but I hope this doesn't hurt the tour with Dethklok and Gojira that I have tickets to. Hope he and the rest of LoG can make it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

Honestly this sounds like something he would do so I'm not surprised.

I mean, dying from injures another person inflicts on you is kind of killing them, so, yeah.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

This is fucking weird. That guy can scream!

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By intro

Nooooo, one of the few good metal bands :(. Seems like BS to me, but that is how the law and courts/lawyer work though, they can get people for anything. For example, if you hit a car while driving and go to court for it, plead not guilty. If you plead guilty though, that person could sue your for an injury they may have suffered from the accident.

But yeah, WTF. Hopefully he gets out of it.

Avatar image for ghost_of_perdition
Ghost_of_Perdition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yikes.

@MariachiMacabre: I have tickets to that show, too. On the bright side, Gojira can now play a longer setlist. Turning that frown upside-down!

No? Okay, I'll leave.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Th3_James

I was so bummed when I heard this. Hope they drop the charges and I can still see them next month.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mandude

@Th3_James: That seems like a shallow reason to drop charges. I mean, I don't know the details, but he killed a guy. Actually, who started it?

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Strife777

Huh, wow. It' not like I'm their biggest fan, but I do enjoy their music. I guess shit can happen to anybody. Pretty unfortunate.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tim_the_corsair

If he was defending himself, he should be fine. He just has to claim "dude jumped on stage, felt my life was threatened, blah blah blah"

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By myke_tuna

If the supposed fight did happen and the injuries did lead to this random fan dying, Mr. Blythe should get arrested right? Then go to court, etc. The tone in here is a little too "But I wanna see them play Omerta in a few weeks! Drop the charges!".

But again, supposed fight. Too many people fuck around with famous folk nowadays to automatically believe everything is true (remember the Bieber baby thing?).

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By intro

@Strife777 said:

Huh, wow. It' not like I'm their biggest fan, but I do enjoy their music. I guess shit can happen to anybody. Pretty unfortunate.

That's why I would never hit anyone now that I'm 18, unless for self defense. People don't realize that one good punch good cause serious injuries or be fatal to some.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mandude

@Jay444111 said:

Why is it called Manslaughter? It sounds far FAR worse than murder. With murder it sounds like you are silently killing someone, with Manslaughter it sounds like you are chopping dozens of people up with a axe while laughing maniacally...

On a side note, I've always agreed.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=670#comic

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By musubi

@mandude said:

@Th3_James: That seems like a shallow reason to drop charges. I mean, I don't know the details, but he killed a guy. Actually, who started it?

If the fan came on stage I'd say its his fault. Unless directed to come on stage Its incredibly dumb to jump on the stage when someone is preforming. I won't say I know all the details but fuck if someone jumped up on stage like that dude probally reacted the way he did out of self defense who knows what kind of crazy fan it could have been.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Never heard of them, but yes, that is pretty much manslaughter.

And I agree that the word doesn't really match the definition.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WMWA

"I hope he gets away with killing someone so the 30 dollars I paid for a concert ticket doesn't go to waste." Do you know how fucking insane some of you sound?

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By stinky

@Jay444111 said:

definitions are different for each, both being a form of homicide.

quickly, with manslaughter your intent may not have been to kill, with murder you had intention of killing.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mandude

@Demoskinos said:

@mandude said:

If the fan came on stage I'd say its his fault. Unless directed to come on stage Its incredibly dumb to jump on the stage when someone is preforming. I won't say I know all the details but fuck if someone jumped up on stage like that dude probally reacted the way he did out of self defense who knows what kind of crazy fan it could have been.

True. It is incredibly stupid, but it still doesn't give someone the right to assault someone else simply because it might be pre-emptive. Who knows how it escalated, though, it shouldn't be too hard to find out considering how many people would have been there to see it.

@stinky: He's aware of the definitions. It's just that the word manslaughter evokes much more aggression and intent than the word murder, yet it's the lesser of the two.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@stinky said:

@Jay444111 said:

quickly, with manslaughter your intent may not have been to kill, with murder you had intention of killing.

He knows. He's just pointing out how much more brutal one sounds than the other.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jay444111

@stinky said:

@Jay444111 said:

I still say that Manslaughter sounds way worse IMO at least. I mean, just say it out loud, "Murder" "Manslaughter" for some reason Manslaughter sounds worse. Sure both are bad but still...

Now accidental killing or unintended killing sound bad but nothing like Manslaughter.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Animasta

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@stinky said:

@Jay444111 said:

He knows. He's just pointing out how much more brutal one sounds than the other.

I agree, but what other word would be used... I can't think of a good one.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tim_the_corsair

It's to do with the origins of the words, not to mention that how a term sounds isn't really relevant in terms of the law, otherwise you'd be saying "four counts of arse raping" instead of sodomy

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheHumanDove

they're gonna sell soooo many cds

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mandude

@Animasta said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

How about we call it an "oopsy"?

Okay, I feel bad now. Time to say 3 Our Fathers.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Ghost_of_Perdition

Yikes.

@MariachiMacabre: I have tickets to that show, too. On the bright side, Gojira can now play a longer setlist. Turning that frown upside-down!

No? Okay, I'll leave.

Yeah after hearing L'enfant Sauvage, more Gojira is a great thing.
BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BionicRadd

@mandude said:

@Animasta said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

How about we call it an "oopsy"?

Okay, I feel bad now. Time to say 3 Our Fathers.

cant spell manslaughter without laughter.

Vigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vigil

This blows, this blows real hard. Randy may have to use the Omerta defense.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By laserbolts

@wmaustin55 said:

"I hope he gets away with killing someone so the 30 dollars I paid for a concert ticket doesn't go to waste." Do you know how fucking insane some of you sound?

I'm seeing them in August so I hope he is released quickly. I have no sympathy for some idiot jumping up on stage when they were playing. It could have been self defense anyways. I'm sure he didn't intend on killing anyone.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jrinswand

A band for meatheads with a fucking meathead lead singer. I can't say I'm disappointed.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By nightriff

Any time I hear about a fan rushing the stage I think about Dimebag....not exactly sure what happened in 2010 between this guy and Randy but I'll just guess it was some form of self defense taken to far or at least what I hope it was.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MrKlorox

Well, at least he's no homicidal lunatic like Varg Vickernes. But fuck him still, even if he has one of the best voices for his genre. I wouldn't be surprised if he attacked the dude first with a blindside, judging from his lyrics.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ajamafalous
@Nightriff said:

Any time I hear about a fan rushing the stage I think about Dimebag

Yeah, me too. Dude'll probably get off, assuming the fan jumped on stage and was the instigator.
stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By stinky

@Jay444111 said:

I still say that Manslaughter sounds way worse IMO at least. I mean, just say it out loud, "Murder" "Manslaughter" for some reason Manslaughter sounds worse. Sure both are bad but still...

Now accidental killing or unintended killing sound bad but nothing like Manslaughter.

just saying, next time you are in front of a judge don't say "lets call it murder, i like the sound of it better."

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nightriff

@ajamafalous: I hope that was the case because LoG is one of my favorite metal bands.

I now need to go listen to Pantera since mentioning Dimebag got me all sad and depressed. Sorry everyone

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WMWA
@laserbolts

@wmaustin55 said:

I'm seeing them in August so I hope he is released quickly. I have no sympathy for some idiot jumping up on stage when they were playing. It could have been self defense anyways. I'm sure he didn't intend on killing anyone.

That's not our judgement call. And that's why he was charged with manslaughter. Because he didn't intend to kill anyone
Purpz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Purpz

That's the life in the Metal lane. Heh heh.

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sgjackson

@ajamafalous said:

@Nightriff said:

Yeah, me too. Dude'll probably get off, assuming the fan jumped on stage and was the instigator.

Exactly what I was thinking. If I'm in a dudebro metal band I freak the fuck out when someone heads for the stage after what happened to Dimebag.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iam3green

well that sucks. i hope that he is innocent. i do like heavy metal, never really listened to them.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Animasta

@sgjackson said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Nightriff said:

Exactly what I was thinking. If I'm in a dudebro metal band I freak the fuck out when someone heads for the stage after what happened to Dimebag.

do you know how long ago dimebag was actually killed? I don't see why everyone would constantly think about dimebag in this situation

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ravenlight

That's pretty fucking metal.

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sgjackson

@Animasta said:

@sgjackson said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Nightriff said:

do you know how long ago dimebag was actually killed? I don't see why everyone would constantly think about dimebag in this situation

You'd think a dude with a fucking Death avatar would know it was a little under a decade ago. Weird!

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Akeldama

@Intro said:

Nooooo, one of the few good metal bands

Are you fucking joking?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nightriff

@Animasta said:

@sgjackson said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Nightriff said:

Ummm it was only 8 years ago. He was murdered on stage at the age of 39. It wasn't like he died in his sleep when he was 80. People still fuckin bring up John Lenon and that was 30 years ago.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By Milkman

If a guy rushed the stage, he'll probably get off.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Akeldama

@Intro said:

Nooooo, one of the few good metal bands

Are you fucking joking?

I hope so.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jakob187

@MariachiMacabre said:

Uh oh. I'm not a fan of LoG but I hope this doesn't hurt the tour with Dethklok and Gojira that I have tickets to. Hope he and the rest of LoG can make it.

EXACTLY! I have been DYING to see Gojira for so fucking long!

@myketuna said:

If the supposed fight did happen and the injuries did lead to this random fan dying, Mr. Blythe should get arrested right? Then go to court, etc. The tone in here is a little too "But I wanna see them play Omerta in a few weeks! Drop the charges!".

But again, supposed fight. Too many people fuck around with famous folk nowadays to automatically believe everything is true (remember the Bieber baby thing?).

Well, after the whole Dimebag thing, the world of metal really got shaken up about what can happen with people jumping up on stage and what not. Regardless of that, Randy is a man with some...issues...when it comes to anger. However, it really does depend on who started the fight in the end.

@wmaustin55 said:

Vince Neil, bro. In the end, if he ends up getting put in jail for it, it just means he became one of the most metal muthafuckers out there.

@Animasta said:

@sgjackson said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Nightriff said:

Eight years ago in December. Being a metalhead from Texas, this is information that is basically ingrained in your mind, especially if you happen to be someone who grew up listening to him and was influenced to start playing an instrument because of him...ya know, like me.

So show a little fucking respect, would ya?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Animasta

@Nightriff said:

@Animasta said:

@sgjackson said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Nightriff said:

Ummm it was only 8 years ago. He was murdered on stage at the age of 39. It wasn't like he died in his sleep when he was 80. People still fuckin bring up John Lenon and that was 30 years ago.

I'm just saying that I don't think people automatically jump to "this guy's on stage, oh shit he's gonna kill me like dimebag", and those john lennon people are even more insane.

besides, why fear the stage when you should fear riding a bus to gigs

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By csl316

Sucks. Not really a fan of the band, but Randy always seemed like an intelligent, cool dude.

Except for that time he committed manslaughter.