Let's talk basketball!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

LOL wtf... Game 3 NBA Finals brought to you by Clash of Clans...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Steph Curry...

No Caption Provided

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highly impressed by Delly's defense against Curry. There's an article on ESPN or Grantland floating about saying most of Curry's misses is due to him just shooting terrible but alot of that is cause Delly's making Curry work to get open.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contested shots are always underreported.

I don't know how many times I've yelled "what the fuck" in the past 5 minutes.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1005  Edited By Junkboy

We need to put out an APB on Steph. Wait you know what... do an Amber Alert that might help us find him quicker just say he's a big kid....

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1006  Edited By Milkman

If LeBron actually pulls this off without Kyrie and Love, he's gotta be the best ever. This team is as bad as his old Cavs teams.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: No doubt, if he wins the championship this will go down in NBA legend. Something on the line of Jordan's flu game against the Jazz or Magic Johnson triple double playing center for the Lakers against Philly.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1008  Edited By Junkboy

Wait is Stern still the commish? Seeing some phantom calls here as this lead is shrinking......

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1009  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Holy crap if the Cavs lose this game I'm gonna put the blame solely on David Blatt and his weakass adjustments. How is Tristan Thompson finding himself guarding the NBA MVP Steph Curry on each switch.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

So LeBron knocking the ball loose means the refs are just going to ignore the fact that he slide tackled Steph Curry's legs? C'mon man...

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#1011  Edited By Sergio

The refs suck again tonight. That was totally a foul on James that wasn't called as he slid into and tripped Curry

C'mon, James. You can't be that upset about the refs not seeing a Cav call a timeout... right... right...

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG these refs.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah these refs are gonna have a long few days.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1,000 posts!

Maybe Matt D. isn't playing with hustle. Maybe he just falls down constantly during his day.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great game even with the refs and their calls. Glad Cavs took this one but I would be worried if I was a Cavs fan if Steph is awake the rest of the way.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, the refs almost blew that call, but they already blew this game.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

1,000 posts!

Maybe Matt D. isn't playing with hustle. Maybe he just falls down constantly during his day.

Him diving for the ball ain't dirty. These NBA players now a days complaining of someone who wants the loose ball more as dirty cause he jumps at the ball, p-lease man.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

HOLD UP! Everybody HOLD UP!

... Who saw that commercial for Battle Bots?! Don't call it a comeback!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1019  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow said:

HOLD UP! Everybody HOLD UP!

... Who saw that commercial for Battle Bots?! Don't call it a comeback!

If they bring back UK dude from Red Dwarf and / or Sean Sallisbury you can officially call it a comeback.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

1,000 posts!

Him diving for the ball ain't dirty. These NBA players now a days complaining of someone who wants the loose ball more as dirty cause he jumps at the ball, p-lease man.

It really depends. Diving for the ball isn't dirty if you're strictly making a play for the ball. It's not dirty boxing out someone from getting to the ball. It's dirty when he dives into someone else making a play on the ball to take them out of the play. He didn't do that at the end of this game, but he's done it before.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1021  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@sergio said:
@i_stay_puft said:
@csl316 said:

1,000 posts!

It really depends. Diving for the ball isn't dirty if you're strictly making a play for the ball. It's not dirty boxing out someone from getting to the ball. It's dirty when he dives into someone else making a play on the ball to take them out of the play. He didn't do that at the end of this game, but he's done it before.

Which play are you referring to?

I've only seen the Horford play and I could see where Horford is coming from with some serious injuries to his legs but he had no gripe against Dellavadova during that play. He was not only dragging Dellavadova to the ground on that play but Delly was being wiped out himself by Carroll's body laying on the floor. It just seemed Horford overreacted on the play.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio said:
@i_stay_puft said:
@csl316 said:

1,000 posts!

Wait, people call that dirty? I dive for loose balls all the time and bang up my knees, I figured that was the definition of wanting it more.

Lebron's such a beast right now, it's absurd.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1023  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

There's something remarkably old school about Dellavadova that I really like. He has that mentality of giving up the body for the loose ball which I probably haven't seen from someone his size since maybe Allen Iverson, even though iverson was a few pounds and inches shorter. Did you see him dive first at that ball with Iguodala and Lee in-between holy shit. Speaking of that play before I was surprised Lebron didn't get a foul on him when he just wiped out Stephen Curry with a tackle.

Dellavadova is a free agent after this season. If he helps lead the Cavs to the championship with stellar numbers and continues shutting down Steph no way the Cavs will keep him. Tough pill to swallow but that guy can start at pg on a team that needs one.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: You completely miss the second sentence I wrote. "Diving for the ball isn't dirty if you're strictly making a play for the ball." No doubt that he does that when he can make the play. If he can't, he dives into the other player. I can't remember all the plays he's done it on, but he did it in the previous game. Luckily it was such a weak attempt and the refs completely ignored him when he whined that he was fouled.

He reminds me of Rodman in a smaller package. He definitely plays hard and gets under his opponent's skin. He's the type of player you'd willingly put up with on your team, but wouldn't want to play against, since he's bound to get away with some shenanigans. Rodman was a bit dirty. Hated him when he was with Detroit, but willing to put up with him if it meant three more championships for Chicago.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1026  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Anyone here want to take a guess into the story of Lebron's secret motivation to win the championship this year?

Here are my theories:

1. Bring a major sports championship to the city of Cleveland for the first time in 61 years.
  2. Prove to the media that he can win a championship on his "own". Even more apparent with Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving out with injuries.
  3. Prove to Pat Riley he doesn't need him to win a championship. There was some hotly debate that him and Riley left on bad terms when he bolted back to Cavs.
  4. Prove he can win a championship without wearing a headband.
  5. disprove the naysayers who said he shouldn't win the MVP because he took 2 weeks off to recover from nagging injuries and fatigue.
Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: 2. is the most reasonable I think.

Also as this game is about to start I will be shocked if GS doesn't win by 25+. Either way though it will be a entertaining game.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was willing to forgive Usher for Justin Bieber. But I just found out he's a part owner of the Cavs.

Looking forward to this one, too bad I gotta miss an hour once Hannibal starts tonight.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Trainwrecked co-starring Lebron James this generations Space Jam?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Space Jam 2 this generation's Space Jam?

Personally, I'm waiting for this generation's Double Team.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Isn't Space Jam 2 this generation's Space Jam?

Personally, I'm waiting for this generation's Double Team.

No Caption Provided

MonkeyGovernor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great game, I'm glad it's close.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this was closer to what I expected.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending wasn't great but it was better than I thought it would be as well.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a relevant note, Stacey King is still bitter about the Bulls series.

razzdrazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Whelp, I'm definitely feeling a lot better after that game. Iggy has been phenomenal, although I was initially shocked that Kerr would take Bogut out. The small ball pace is exactly what we needed to shut them down.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Warriors defense on LeBron has been good the whole series. He's just such a great player and plays tons of minutes and forces the action on almost every single play that he is going to get his stats no matter how well you play him. They are making him work hard and for the first time, he seemed to be wearing down last night. I'm interested to see how the Cavs come out in game 5.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lebron looked tired in that game. It's incredible he kept the series this close without the Cavs 2nd and 3rd best players. Would have been great to see a full strength Cavs again GS, but maybe next year.

I think this one is over, feel the momentum shifted last night.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1040  Edited By Bobstar

The small lineup with Iggy definitely helped them. He's not too shabby with the 3 ball either.

Nice to see Kerr sticking with the lineup despite the fact that they got run over early in the 1st quarter. Also nice to see GS starting to double team Lebron, forcing him to take difficult shots or pass it out to someone else.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game looks about done. Can finally turn off the game and focus in on WWE Money in the Bank and the Bethesda stream.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

Steph Curry and the Warriors are looking really good!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. A likeable, fun team to watch. Good for Iguodala, that guy really gave them a spark this series.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Iggy could just retire right now if he really wanted too. So happy for Shaun Livingston as well.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not hating on Iguodala, but Lebron was the finals MVP. He was a ungodly beast this series. Even with his team losing he has made it clear that he is the best basketball player in the world.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1046  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Its been a fun ride this thread.

Loading Video...

Cleveland is still cursed but you know what...

Loading Video...

razzdrazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Can't wait for next year and I'm stoked for Iggy! He definitely earned it. Great performance from LeBron, but the Dubs deserve to win with such a great regular season.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Lebron as MVP on NBA.com with his ridiculous numbers, but he made a bunch of mistakes as well. Golden State turned it around once Iggy came in, so I felt that he earned it.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a lifelong Warriors fan since the "RUN TMC" days, and going through those lean years in the early 2000's, I honestly thought they would never win championship. And yet, I felt conficted going into the Finals. I had always rooted for LeBron, just as I rooted for Jordan back in the day. It would've been a great Cinderella ending for the city of Cleveland. In the end though, just too much adversity to overcome, even as great as LeBron was in the series. I compare it to a nimble fox on the run from a pack of hounds. You can survive for a while but in the end you'll get worn down and eventually tracked down. The Warriors just had too many interchangeable better players than the Cavs.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to believe the Final MVP vote was rigged if it didn't go to LeBron or Steph. I think it was clear Iggy was their best player in the series for what he did on offense and defensively how hard he made LeBron work to do what he was doing but I think popular vote had to have been won by Steph/LeBron.

Was a great series anyways and I never expected more than 4 games so this was a very entertaining extra couple of games.