'Lock-happy' mods?

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Personally, I think the mods are fucking awesome. Well, maybe it's the rules more so than the mods themselves, but either way, I find that as crazy as these forums get, they never get too shitty because of the rules/mods. Like I've seen some shitty gaming forums and I think all of em could stand to learn a thing or two from how things work here.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By niamahai

MATT BODEGA I CHALLENGE YOU TO LOCK THIS THREAD NOW! NAO! NOW!

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#153  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@niamahai said:

MATT BODEGA I CHALLENGE YOU TO LOCK THIS THREAD NOW! NAO! NOW!

Why do you have 1,000 posts but no avatar? =/

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#154  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

If you have issues with specific issues of a mod locking a thread, PM us and we'll be happy to clarify why such actions are taken. Creating (or bumping) a thread on the subject without even providing examples of where you feel mods have been "lock-happy" cannot do anything constructive. We can't clarify why we've locked certain threads that you feel shouldn't be locked because you haven't let us know about such threads. You've made a blanket statement that is largely impossible to respond constructively to. The only thing this thread serves to do is to create arguments between community members with opposing views. The thread doesn't attempt to do anything constructive.

So yeah, I think you see where this is going. Somewhat ironically I'm locking this thread. If you have specific examples you would want us to clarify, shoot us a PM. We're happy to explain why we lock threads in more detail if you want. There is a "PM Mods" link on the Giant Bomb FAQ (which is stickied to the forums) which will create a PM with every mod in it at the press of a button. Using that you'll be able to get a prompt reply from whoever is available at the time, and multiple viewpoints from the different mods. Feel free to use it if you want clarification on why a thread was locked.