Mitt Romney is good

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bladeIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bladeIV

He's not perfect but he seems to be the only candidate who doesn't want to cut social security for the disabled & elderly. I also like Ron Paul but only for most of his foreign policy & civil rights. The only point on his foreign policy that doesn't make sense, is his neutrality with Israel. The Six Day war shouldn't happen again. His domestic policies might help debt in the long-run, but insurance companies could take too much advantage of it.

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By duder123

Mitt Romney is almost exactly like Obama, Ron Paul is the only candidate who stands up for freedom, the constitution, peace, sound monetary and economic policies, states rights etc. To me the choice is obvious, I don't understand why anyone would vote for these slimey flip-flopping corporate whores like Obama, Romney or all of the other republicans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Mitt Rombey is Republican John Kerry.

And Rick Perry is a taller George W. Bush.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By InsidiousTuna

@Brodehouse: Rick Perry is a George W Bush that drinks.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta

pron haul is terrible, mitt romney is terrible, I have solved your political discussion

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArcLyte

Shitt Romney. We don't need any more social conservatives in power.

bladeIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bladeIV

Romney & Paul are the least evil, however Romney is better for poverty.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Having spent a lot of time around Mormons, I would never feel comfortable with one having any sort of power at all ever.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Gabriel

Rick Perry looks like he'd want to crush your hand during handshakes.

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By duder123

@bladeIV:

First of all Ron Paul would not be able to remove regulations on insurance companies as a president, that is up to the legislative branch.

Secondly what are you afraid of would happen? What regulations are there on insurance companies currently and how do these protect you? What's your source that Ron Paul would like to remove that regulation?

Do you really think some insurance regulation is more important than the writ of habeas corpus? More important than separation of power as the constitution declares? More important than the idea of being innocent until being proven guilty? More important than not having unconstitutional wars on 3rd world countries for private interest and having military bases in over 130 countries? More important than the 4th ammendment, which protects you from unreasonable searches and seizures? More important than having a free and unregulated internet? More important than not having a central bank run by private bankers controlling the currency, creating artificial bubbles and inflation? More important than not having corporative policies like big bailout programs for select corporations, basically fascist economic policies?

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By C0V3RT

Whenever someone mentions Ron Paul, the first thing that comes to mind is his scene from Bruno.

Avatar image for trevorisamazing
Trevorisamazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Trevorisamazing

Ron Paul's views on the economy are frightening, to say nothing of the racist newsletters that went out with his name on them. He talks so much about how "he's the only one saying these things". Sometimes that just means you're wrong.

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By duder123

@Trevorisamazing:

Nice ad populum fallacy. Also like he has been saying for the last 10 years, he did not write those things and he disawowed them.

bladeIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bladeIV

I think Habeas Corpus is just as important as insurance regulation, none more, none less. And I do not support bailouts. However if the legislative branch tries to eliminate regulations on insurance companies, I don't think Ron Paul would Veto it. And this could allow these companies to drop whoever they want, whenever they want.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Animasta

ron paul is especially bad because his We the People act would repeal Lawrence V Texas and make anal sex illegal in like 7-8 states

Trevorisamazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Trevorisamazing

@duder123: Whether or not he wrote them, they went out with his name on them. He should keep better track of things that go out with his name on them. And his economic policies are just wrong. The gold standard is not a good idea, among many other things. Also he is not really for equal rights for minorities and homosexuals.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@ArcLyte said:

Shitt Romney. We don't need any more social conservatives in power.

Seriously. The social views of some of the people running are stuck in the 1950s.

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

@Animasta: how is that a bad thing?

also you folks who don't live in Texas have no idea how much of a dumbfuck Perry is.

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By duder123

@bladeIV: And what do you think the chance of that happening is? Barely any republicans or democrats agree with him, it's not going to happen. And exactly what does this regulation do? I also think it's weird that you feel that this issue is more important than the bill of rights.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By RIDEBIRD

He doesn't hate gay people, he doesn't "cure" gay peopl, he doesn't have an IQ of under 50 and can see the russians from Alaska, he doesn't sexually abuse like every woman he has ever met, he doesn't think crackbabies and teenagers having kids are great ideas, and he isn't Ron Paul, so yeah, he's probably okay except for the fact that he wears magical underpants. I'd go Paul tho. Bit too hardcore maybe.

Man, I really don't envy you americans this year. Your political situation is horrendous.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Animasta

@Bam_D_Leprechaun: because good hardworking people could get arrested for being gay?

bladeIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bladeIV

Healthcare is just as important as the Bill of Rights. I don't believe people who have been dropped by insurance companies after 20 years should lose all their benefits. Imagine if you were paying an insurer for 20 years & they drop you cause they feel like it. You can't do anything about it cuz it's private. Only thing you can do is sue, and you don't usually win.

Trevorisamazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Trevorisamazing

@Ertard: The problem is Romney has to hate gay people to be taken seriously as a republican candidate.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Dany

@Trevorisamazing said:

@Ertard: The problem is Romney has to hate gay people to be taken seriously as a republican candidate.

Then this is easy. Mitt Romney isn't 'good' nor is anyone in the republican party.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MideonNViscera

I don't really follow American politics hardcore since I'm Canadian, but it does seem that Mitt Romney is supported by more level headed people. For whatever that's worth.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pinworm45

@duder123 said:

Mitt Romney is almost exactly like Obama, Ron Paul is the only candidate who stands up for freedom, the constitution, peace, sound monetary and economic policies, states rights etc. To me the choice is obvious, I don't understand why anyone would vote for these slimey flip-flopping corporate whores like Obama, Romney or all of the other republicans.

Ron Paul also wants to get rid of minimum wage, wants to restrict freedoms such as abortion and gay marriage (technically, he wants to let the states decide, and his personal opinion is being against those. However, letting the states make the choice is the same thing as restricting it, and definitely not the choice of a practical man who cares about freedom). He's also a creationist, which makes his opinion on anything intellectually suspect (although that's nothing new for american presidents).

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AlexW00d

From what I can tell America is fucked whoever gets in.

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By duder123

@Trevorisamazing:

It's funny that you think that his economic policies where wrong, he was one of the few politicians who were able to foresee the recession

Trevorisamazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Trevorisamazing

@duder123: This doesn't change the fact that some of his economic policies are not sound, or the fact that he doesn't believe in equal rights for everyone.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Animasta

@Pinworm45: he introduced an act that would define life as the beginning of conception, and this was federally, so...

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By duder123

@Pinworm45: He's a constitutionalist and respects the rule of law, which is not something I could hold against him. As the constitution says issues like abortion are up to the states themselves to decide. If you would like to regulate abortion on a federal level you should pass constitutional ammendments for it.

No Caption Provided

Oh noes, he's a creationist, surely that means he must be the worst candidate ever!

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By duder123

@Trevorisamazing: He does believe in equal rights for everyone. What's your proof that he doesn't? His economic policies are a hell of a lot better than Romney and Obamas, keynesianism does not work and kept us in the last great depression for 15 years.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AiurFlux

Yup. Sure looks like an honest good guy that would make a fantastic president of the most powerful nation on the planet.

As an outsider looking in I have to laugh at American politics. Not at the candidates or the process, but the people themselves that believe in each and every single one of these fucking assholes.

Zalera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#34  Edited By Zalera

They're all utter shit. Too bad one them will be elected.

Trevorisamazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Trevorisamazing
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jimbo

I don't think any of this lot have a chance against Obama, unfortunately.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CptBedlam

He might be a little bit less of a joke than the other republican candidates but he's still a joke.

Too bad Huntsman doesn't have a chance among right-wingers because he seems to be the only guy with some common sense in this race.

bladeIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bladeIV

You want SOPA? then vote for Obama. Romney however knows that bill is stupid.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CptBedlam

@bladeIV said:

You want SOPA? then vote for Obama. Romney however knows that bill is stupid.

Wrong

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By duder123

@Trevorisamazing:

Affirmative action is racist against WHITE people. It's systematic discrimination against whites who will not be able to get the education or job they would get otherwise because the school or workplace will choose another person solely for his or her skin color. I have not heard about the other stuff but I will look into it.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I vote none of them. As soon as there is a party that does not represent the corporation's interests is when there will be an actual choice. The presidential elections today mean nothing, it's all the same results, all you choose is the hair color.

bladeIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By bladeIV

Romney thinks SOPA kills business, while Obama supports it.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By soldierg654342

@duder123 said:

No Caption Provided

@Pinworm45: He's a constitutionalist and respects the rule of law, which is not something I could hold against him. As the constitution says issues like abortion are up to the states themselves to decide. If you would like to regulate abortion on a federal level you should pass constitutional ammendments for it.

Oh noes, he's a creationist, surely that means he must be the worst candidate ever!

Why is Extraordinary Rendition represented by LEGO people?!

I want to like Ron Paul, but Libertarianism doesn't work as a governing philosophy.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@bladeIV said:

You've made this exact post 3 times so far. This must be the only reason you know of to support Romney.

Avatar image for nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor
nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know guys, Republican nominees are always saying how everything Obama is doing is wrong but I'm pretty sure if one of them were in power they would have done most of the same things. For example, the big bailouts they all seem to hate. Ron Paul seems like the only politician where what you see is what you get. Everyone else on the republican side is your atypical at this point stereotypical lying white American christian politician who hates the Gays and Muslims.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CptBedlam

@bladeIV said:

Romney has always been a flip-flopping puppet and he wouldn't change if he became president (lol won't happen anyway).

Go preach somewhere else.

puddlesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By puddlesworth

Ron Paul's stance on civil rights, I think, can be summed up by talking about the civil rights amendment. He has said repeatedly that he is opposed to the civil rights amendment and would have voted against it. Specifically he's against the portion that forbids private companies from discriminating against customers. He claims that we should leave this issue to the free market, that if, for example, a deli decided not to serve black people people would not shop there. The idea being we do not need to require that deli owner to not discriminate because he would simply go out of business. It's certainly a compelling idea, its an idea that is behind many conservative anti-regulation arguments. However, its an argument we know is empirically false. That deli owner would not necessarily go out of business because there are often racist or uninformed deli customers that would continue to patronize the store. In other words, people are not rational and that irrationality can and DOES result in unequal treatment both under the law and otherwise. Sending abortion and gay marriage issues to the states WILL result in a restriction of those rights by certain states and sending civil rights issues to the states is NOT pro civil rights, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

The older I get the more I realize voting in national elections is pointless. 

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Guess what guys, the whole system is fucked, a new president isn't going to fix anything.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elaborate, condescending, blistering rape of the OP's political views complete with textual evidence from a PoliSci 101 class.