Avatar image for samuellbronkowitz
SamuelLBronkowitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SamuelLBronkowitz

So, the other day I'm going through a bunch of games that I haven't played in a while and I come upon Ninja Gaiden: Black. Looking at the box art, I was immediately reminded of the love/hate relationship I had with the game. Now, I'm not the type to throw a controller at a TV or punch a coffee table because I keep dying do to enemy cheap shots. The most I'll ever do is get up and walk away for a few hours or whatever. I play video games to relax, not break shit. However, I've known a guy (Not naming any names.) for years now that I have seen fucking LOSE it due to video games. King of Fighters '99 cost him half of his VHS collection. He had this weird way of breaking controllers where he'd rip them out of the system roughly, yet carefully, so as not to pull the system to the floor, spin them from their cords and once its speed and his mounted rage had reached their explosive apex he'd slam them into the ground where they would explode into a million tiny tears of plastic. I saw him do this...I don't know, 6 times. Man, I saw him burn through two VHS copies of Friday in one day. No, I DON'T know why he had two copies of Friday. Probably because its so good; if you have to ask. And I'm not even going into the strange, primal grunts and howls of anger that accompanied all of this. Anyway, that's my story. What about you? Have you or anyone you know ever gotten so angry that you just obliterated an inanimate object? Let us know! :D No judgement. Not from me anyway...the internet, as always, is going to judge the shit out of you.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

I never understood the concept of flipping out over video games to the degree where you actually break shit. Like yeah, I've gotten annoyed but I simply stop playing then. I just never understood it.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SexyToad

Nope never

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The only time I've ever gotten frustrated enough in a game to damage something was when I threw (more like dropped) my Xbox 360 controller on the floor after losing a certain match in SFIV. It bent a small bit of the plastic on it and I realized that that was a silly thing to do.

Oh, there was also that time yesterday when I lost in StarCraft II and crushed a nearby soda can.

TheRealJpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheRealJpoe

@Azteck said:

I never understood the concept of flipping out over video games to the degree where you actually break shit. Like yeah, I've gotten annoyed but I simply stop playing then. I just never understood it.

Same here. I can't think of anything that would compel me to break a $40 (or whatever the hell they cost now of days) controller.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

My brother kicked a hole in my wall years ago.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Azteck
@HardcoreScene08: Right? That shit is expensive. I don't want to buy new things simply because I got bested by a section of a video game.
AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By AngelN7

Videogame RAGE *giggles* ... Uh I guess never I hardly get mad while playing videogames , that's one of the reasons I play videogames!.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By captain_clayman

none. i do get angry while gaming, but i just take a break if i get too pissed off. which is why i have so many of unfinished games

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By ShadowConqueror

None because I don't have anger problems.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hughesman

good to see the giantbombers don't need anger management classes. I, for one, would never harm videogame stuff. I like it too much

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've thrown tons of shit but have never really broken anything

Avatar image for countinhallways
countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By countinhallways

I fully love and adore Ninja Gaiden: Black. So good.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikeGosot

I like to curse a lot. A lot. A LOT.

Alfie_Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alfie_Parker

When I first started playing Metal Gear Online I got pissed because I never could figure out why I was getting killed in two seconds whereas people I shot a bunch of times seemed to be invincible. One day I picked up my nearby paperweight and chucked it in a random direction ... went through our cheap drywall and I had to patch it up.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Brians

@SexyToad said:

Nope never
Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Codeacious

When I'm mad at a game, I just get quietly frustrated and may eventually just stop playing it for a while. However, one game managed to make me get screaming mad (I didn't throw anything though): Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. Fuck that octopus boss.

Pepperooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pepperooni

I once had a copy of Tekken Tag Tournament that spontaneously shattered. I can't remember if I was angry at the time though.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Brendan

I've chucked controllers into the couch a bunch of times, although it hasn't happened in a long while. Consequence free :)

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dany

None.

I just try to twist the controller apart. Never works. :(

xerxes8933a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xerxes8933a

I've twisted a few controllers till I hear something snap inside them, at which point I realize what I'm doing and stop it. They still worked after though, so not sure if that counts.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I've broken a lot of controllers over the years. I try not to let my rage get to the point where I want to throw or break something; I usually just end up cursing increasingly louder, but sometimes I can't help it, because FUCK SOME GAMES. And when my anger does hit the boiling point, these days I try not to abuse the controller and instead use something I don't care about or that is not easily damaged. I definitely have anger issues, and I seriously wish I didn't because it makes it incredibly hard to play and enjoy a lot of games when even the slightest thing goes wrong.

As for most damage done, years ago I was lying on my stomach playing Assassin's Creed 1, and for whatever reason I was getting super pissed at the game. I ended up inadvertently kicking a hole through my wall. I didn't even realize it until later on when I quit playing and turned around. Also, Geometry Wars caused me to break two controllers, one of which wasn't even mine.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By unchained

Being an adult, I've never done anything of the sort. 

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Getz

I've thrown my controller in disgust many-a-time though I don't hurl it across the room. Usually just toss it on to my bed and let out a loud, frustrated grunt.

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lavaman77

No. If i had i would have put a restraining order on them.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#26  Edited By c_rakestraw

Am I wrong to think the topic title sounds like something from the Giant Bomb Forum Thread Generator?

Anyway, I haven't yet damaged or broken anything because of a game. Most I do is just get really angry, maybe swear under my breath a bit.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

I kicked the shit out of an armchair on multiple occasions while playing F-Zero GX. I think I've calmed down since then.

That story about controller-smashing guy is hilarious to me. Surely as you're starting your swing, you say to yourself "Hold on, maybe this is a bad idea."

Avatar image for samuellbronkowitz
SamuelLBronkowitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I am glad I'm surrounded by a bunch of zen-ass muchachos/muchachettes (I think 'muchachas' is the female counterpart to a 'muchacho'. Doesn't matter.), I'm surprised that a lot of you don't at least know 'that one guy'. The weird thing about it is that he was otherwise a very non-violent guy. Something about that little Rugal sprite uppercut kicking little Terry to death over and over again just set him off.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I never broke any furniture but I did punch a chair out of rage in Street Fighter 4 and sprained my wrist.

TheSheepherder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheSheepherder

No I've never really broken anything. I have put small cracks and dents in controllers and my PSP though...

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NegativeCero

I've once thrown my GBA in a rage for one of the Battle Network games. I think that's the only time.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Still_I_Cry

No, I usually just swear profusely then walk away.

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think I snapped a PS1 disc when I was younger. I haven't done anything like that since. I generally just quit out of a game when I start to feel frustrated to the point of anger.

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By CannonGoose

I once got so mad at Call of Duty 4 on veteran that I bit my 360 controller. Now there are tiny little indents from my teeth on parts of the controller. Only did it the one time, but man, what an infuriating experience. NEVER AGAIN!

Also, It wasn't game rage, but I lazily tossed a Nintendo 64 controller onto a couch cushion less than a metre away and it managed to land face down and break the goddamn control stick off! That was really dumb.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jrinswand

I'll usually let out an obscenity or two, but that's about as much "rage" as I ever experience.

Edit: Also, that GB Forum Thread Generator is freaking amazing.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zithe

@SethPhotopoulos said:

My brother kicked a hole in my wall years ago.

I did this when playing the original Mario Party. Fucking Donkey Kong.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Slay3r1583

When I get angry at a game I tend to just swear profusely and then stop playing for a while. There have been a few times mostly when I was younger that I would get really pissed and frustrated and I would vent it by punching my pillows a few times.

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I used to be quite the controller destroyer up until a few years ago. I've smashed one or two 360 controllers but they were already a bit messed up. Nowadays when I get angry I just swear A LOT, hurl insults and finally just walk away.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By matthias2437

Only one time, back in my WoW days when ulduar was the hot shit. The guild that I was in was working our way through Hard Mode 25 man ULD before the nerf and got stuck on Firefighter of course. After a night of wiping on that one fight for 5 hours straight because idiots couldn't get out of the fire I slammed my fist down on my keyboard tray and busted it in half.... I stopped playing WoW soon after that.

Fappo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fappo

I once threw a guitar through a wall like a javelin because I kept losing to the final boss in No More Heroes 2. Fuck you, Jasper Batt. Fuck you right to hell. Thank god the wall wasn't load-bearing.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cyraxible

I broke the A button on a GC controller due to Mario Party rage.

I was playing with my friends and I came upon an event that was going to give me a star just as long as I said yes to it. One friend slaps my controller and refuses the star. Controller is promptly thrown.

Why the fuck would there be an option to refuse a star? Mind boggling.

This, however, was when I was a bit younger and more prone to getting upset at games. I haven't done anything that egregious since. Video games aren't worth getting upset at.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By habster3

I've actually never destroyed anything out of rage at a video game :D Sure, I have sworn a lot out of frustration, but curse words don't put dents in the wall and the like.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I broke one Xbox 360 controller once after I got beaten in a rank up match for Tekken 6. Then I realized I can never do that again if I want to save money. lol

Vigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vigil

About 6 years ago I obliterated a controller playing cod 2 on veteran, now when I become frustrated with a game I just start laughing (sounds kind of disturbing) or I stop playing.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#45  Edited By Dimsey

I've rarely get mad at games at all and on the few occasions I have it's not been enough to make me break things. That just seems dumb. 

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#46  Edited By Sooperspy

I'll swear at the game, but I'll never break anything over a game.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mikethekilla

I melt people with my heat vision when I take one too many loses at street fighter.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jay444111

I got a stress ball that broke while playing Dark Souls... does that count?

Also punching pillows... maybe biting them helps as well. Just remember, what you are holding costs enough to buy 40 MCdonald french fries and is 2/3s of a new video game price. Don't let controllers break!

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I punched a chair hard enough to make my hand bleed once. 

But I slam things and throw stuff around a lot when I get frustrated, whether it's because of a videogame or something else.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By Jeust

Once I shattered a SNES controller. After it was still somewhat... functional.