Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Unilad

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some great escapist movies that make you forget the world, your problems no matter your age. An example Avatar, Hugo etc. Not serious...just fun etc.

Long story short...I'm a long long way from home...and missing some stuff.

Thanks

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

Beavis and Butt-Head Do America. Seriously, it's about people just doing what they feel like and not worrying about things like national security. They truly live in the moment.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus
@csl316 said:
Beavis and Butt-Head Do America. Seriously, it's about people just doing what they feel like and not worrying about things like national security. They truly live in the moment.
Cavity searches all around.
I3elmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By I3elmont

Prometheus.. one of the greatest sci fi flicks to come around in ages... not a thriller... not a horror flick.. just a good film.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By EVO

I got lost in The Fall. The story is ok, but the cinematography, art direction and locations are absolutely breathtaking.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By TyCobb

@I3elmont said:

Prometheus.. one of the greatest sci fi flicks to come around in ages... not a thriller... not a horror flick.. just a good film.

Sorry, but that movie sucked and just leaves you with more questions than answers. It also makes you question how dumb people are. "Stop running in the same direction as the rolling structure! Veer left you dumb bitch!" God I hated that movie. Instead of Prometheus, just re-watch Alien and Aliens.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@TyCobb said:

@I3elmont said:

Sorry, but that movie sucked and just leaves you with more questions than answers. It also makes you question how dumb people are. "Stop running in the same direction as the rolling structure! Veer left you dumb bitch!" God I hated that movie. Instead of Prometheus, just re-watch Alien and Aliens.

I agree; the majority of the characters in that film were dumb, but other than that, I loved it as well. There are also not a lot of questions that hinder it, any of the questions that are there lead to some interesting stuff that I don't mind waiting for.

I3elmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By I3elmont

@TyCobb: Yeah let me veer to the side where all the falling debris is. also, what good is a movie that gives you all the answers? especially a sci fi flick like that. its going to get a sequel no later than 2014 so maybe you can get your answers there

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

Any film made by Pixar. Feast is also a pretty fun creature feature if you're into that sorta stuff.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TyCobb

@I3elmont said:

@TyCobb: Yeah let me veer to the side where all the falling debris is. also, what good is a movie that gives you all the answers? especially a sci fi flick like that. its going to get a sequel no later than 2014 so maybe you can get your answers there

It was a fucking prequel and it was originally supposed to give us answers. Instead it gave no answers and just more questions.

Also, after the infected boyfriend made the girl cry and pissed off about her not being able to have kids, they immediately have make up sex 15 seconds later? Yea, because that certainly makes sense and isn't just some stupid way of making it awkward that she gets pregnant with an Alien baby. Ridley Scott fucked this movie up and I still want my $10.50 back for seeing this shit in theaters.

They can keep their sequel. I'll just re-watch the good Alien movies and make up my own back story.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I would recommend Elvira, Who framed Roger Rabbit and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

I3elmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I3elmont

@TyCobb: scott didnt write the film wtf are you talking about? if thats the one scene that person based their review on that person obviously cant recognize a good movie when they see one. and it was never supposed to be a prequel, its a separate story that takes place in the same universe, thats all.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TyCobb

@I3elmont said:

@TyCobb: scott didnt write the film wtf are you talking about? if thats the one scene that person based their review on that person obviously cant recognize a good movie when they see one. and it was never supposed to be a prequel, its a separate story that takes place in the same universe, thats all.

I didn't say he wrote it; he directed it. It is in his vision and I am sure he cut a lot of the stuff out considering that supposedly the Blu-Ray will "answer questions".

It was originally supposed to be a prequel. Looking at the wiki page it appears I am wrong in that the finished film was not a prequel like originally planned. So I redact that. But I still stand by that the movie fucking sucked. =)

I3elmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By I3elmont

@TyCobb: hey atleast you admit when you're wrong. we can just agree to disagree, i think the film is great!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By GunstarRed

Fast Five.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Hizang

For a movie to do that you would need a movie that has an interesting world and fleshes it out, plus a cast of characters who you get invested in. So here are a few that I think fit the bill.

• The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
  • Star Wars Trilogy.
  • The Hunger Games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@I3elmont

Veering to you're side & taking your chances with the depris is better than being crushed. Still, even if everyone was rather braindead, i still liked it, but i do hope they'll finish it off in a sequel & dont drag it on.

OP, watch The Fift Element.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShockD

The Green Mile (if you haven't watched it already).

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Labyrinth. Absolute craziness and wackiness in kid/open minded adult form. I fucking love that movie. Magic Dance, man.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By coakroach

The Persona 4 Endurance Run

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Avatar is the best movie for that, seen that movie like 6 times, Ill switch channels and it will be on and ill end up watching the whole thing.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@I3elmont said:

I agree went into that movie hearing alot of bad things about it but really really liked it.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VierasTalo

Timecop and Con Air. You will never need anything else.