My 1000th Post Blog of Awesomeness Blowout Extravaganza.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

Edited By gingertastic_10

Alright here we go. I'm going to try to make this my longest blog yet. I made it my goal to get 1000 post by the end of the summer, and I'm two weeks ahead of schedule. On May 27th (the day I got out of school) I had around 500 post. It has taken me two months to get 500, said I know. Things to follow are what I have been up to lately.

Music

I'm a fan of music. Not a fan of the "rock" stuff like AC/DC, Hinder, Slipknot etc. You know things that you'd find on your local rock radio station. Here are some of my favorite bands.

Favorite bands

• Coldplay
  • TV on the Radio
  • Ludo
  • Alexisonfire
  • Jet
  • Forgive Durden
  • You, Me, and Everyone We Know
  • Cage the Elephant
  • White Rabbits
  • The Faint
  • The Temptations

That's to name a few. I do listen to music, but I tend to stick to the ones I listed above. Some songs I have been listening to lately. Jet has been releasing some new stuff and it is sounding really good. Which is to be expected. Here is some of my favorite songs at the moment, the link is to a youtube video.

Songs

That's the basics on what I have been up to in music. If you have any bands you think I should check out please feel free to post it. Now on to movies.

Movies

I'm a huge huge fan of movies. Though I don't get to see as much in theaters as I would like. I prefer action comedies. Though I do enjoy the thrillers and movies that really make you think. My favorite actor has to be Paul Rudd. He is a fantastic actor. I think it is odd that he does movies about dick jokes and etc when he went to Oxford University to study acting. Here is a list of my favorite movies.

• In Bruges- I love this movie. I watched when I was sick with kidney stones so I was really jacked on pain killers. I was in and out of it. But I have watched it a number of times since. Colin Ferrell gets to play his Irish self, which I think leads to his openness in the movie. He seems comfortable and most importantly having fun. The story is a fairly dark comedy, and the story itself is pretty depressing once you get near the end. But over all it's my all time favorite.
  • Gone Baby Gone- Gone Baby Gone is based on a book of the same name. I'm really not a fan of Ben Affleck but if he does more movies behind the camera I'll be fine. He does a great job in his first movie as a director. Casey Affleck, one of my favorite actors, is great also. He plays Patrick with great force and power. The story is about sticking to what you believe is right no matter what. And that causes conflict between Patrick and the rest of the characters.
  • 3:10 to Yuma- I hate westerns. There are a select few that I do like and 3:10 to Yuma is one of them. Christian Bale does probably his finest performance. He plays a very flawed hero, which is something he doesn't always do. He always plays the bad ass hero who saves the day. It's a nice change of character. Russell Crowe also does a great job as the villain Ben Wade. Who proves not all bad guys are bad on the inside.

Those are just a few of my favorite movies. But those are my top 3 favorite movies. Others include Observe and Report, Hot Fuzz to name a few. I've also been a big fan of Seth Rogen also. He has to be one of the best up and coming actors right now. Him and Danny McBride are starting to make a great comedies. But yes they are in comedies, but watch them, they act so well. Which is something that doesn't always happen in comedies. I'm also going to go see The Collector Friday. Expect a review then.

TV Shows

Now I watch to much damn TV, like most Americans. I tend to stay with the same stuff though. Mostly ESPN, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, History Channel. Here is some of the TV shows I watch.

• Hung (HBO)- It's a good show. Thomas Jane is great. It really does a great job showing how the economy is hitting people hard and what people will do for a quick buck.
  • Scrubs (ABC)- I love Scrubs, though I haven't watched it much at all lately. The comedy in the show got weird, but I still love it.
  • Supernatural (CW)- A fantastic under the rader show. You'd think a show about demon hunters would suck, but the story is great, acting is fantastic and special effects are actually good.
  • Sportsnation (ESPN 2)- It's a fantastic show on ESPN 2. It's user generated. You submit your tweets and answer questions and hey talk about. Also Michelle Beadle is easy on the eyes ;)
  • Baseball Tonight (ESPN and ESPN 2)- Baseball is my second favorite sport behind bowling. So hell yeah I like the show!

That covers TV. On the Giant Bomb and video game related stuff.

Video Games

Hey I like video games! I just got into gaming. I never did before '07. Before '07 I just played Madden and that kid of games. I thank EGM for getting me into gaming. I read a issue once, just to see what was up and I feel in love with Video Games and EGM. EGM may be gone now, but my love for games has grown. Personally I like adventure games over shooters. Give me a good Prince of Persia game and I'll play it more then Killzone 2. I recently got rid of my Xbox due to performance issues. I have since got a PS3. I've been playing some games for it. inFAMOUS has been the best so far story telling wise. The best game I have played has been Valkyria Chronicles. That game is fantastic. Great story, great design. I'm trying to get a DSi now. The PSP isn't cutting it for me. The load times are sooo damn long it's sad.
My favorite game of all time is the new Prince of Persia game. I know that is probably dumb for most of you. But I have never enjoyed a game as much as that one. Borderlands at the moment is the game I want the most. That game looks stunning.

Giant Bomb

Ok, I never go to video game websites. Magazines were always good enough. Then once EGM closed, I only had Game Informer to read. But two months before EGM closed I heard a man named Brad Shoemaker on the 1UP Yours Game of the Year podcast, I think Jeff to. So I checked out the site in January. At first I hated the site, I thought the design was odd. But get this. I was playing some Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and went to Metacritic to see what it got review wise. And the first one was a review by Giant Bomb. I went to it and watched this video. That's right folks, Brad got me to come to the site. My first ever video review of a game was done by him over at Gamespot. It was a Shadow of the Colossus review video. Weird I think. So that's how I came to this site. Not that great of a story I know. But since then (this was in March by the way) this site has become my favorite website on the net.

To those who read this

Thank you. I know this blog hasn't had much in it other then me listing what I like the most. But I would really like to thank the Giant Bomb community, and the few friends I have on my friends list. I'm not the most outspoken guy and I like to stay quiet. But you all have made me feel very welcome here on the best website on the web. The point of this blog was to hopefully get you guys to know me a bit more. Like with what I like and such. I will definitely try to get another 1000 post. And I'm getting up there in wiki points also (almost 4,000 points). Thank you all!

Thanks for reading
-Trevor

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gingertastic_10

Alright here we go. I'm going to try to make this my longest blog yet. I made it my goal to get 1000 post by the end of the summer, and I'm two weeks ahead of schedule. On May 27th (the day I got out of school) I had around 500 post. It has taken me two months to get 500, said I know. Things to follow are what I have been up to lately.

Music

I'm a fan of music. Not a fan of the "rock" stuff like AC/DC, Hinder, Slipknot etc. You know things that you'd find on your local rock radio station. Here are some of my favorite bands.

Favorite bands

• Coldplay
  • TV on the Radio
  • Ludo
  • Alexisonfire
  • Jet
  • Forgive Durden
  • You, Me, and Everyone We Know
  • Cage the Elephant
  • White Rabbits
  • The Faint
  • The Temptations

That's to name a few. I do listen to music, but I tend to stick to the ones I listed above. Some songs I have been listening to lately. Jet has been releasing some new stuff and it is sounding really good. Which is to be expected. Here is some of my favorite songs at the moment, the link is to a youtube video.

Songs

That's the basics on what I have been up to in music. If you have any bands you think I should check out please feel free to post it. Now on to movies.

Movies

I'm a huge huge fan of movies. Though I don't get to see as much in theaters as I would like. I prefer action comedies. Though I do enjoy the thrillers and movies that really make you think. My favorite actor has to be Paul Rudd. He is a fantastic actor. I think it is odd that he does movies about dick jokes and etc when he went to Oxford University to study acting. Here is a list of my favorite movies.

• In Bruges- I love this movie. I watched when I was sick with kidney stones so I was really jacked on pain killers. I was in and out of it. But I have watched it a number of times since. Colin Ferrell gets to play his Irish self, which I think leads to his openness in the movie. He seems comfortable and most importantly having fun. The story is a fairly dark comedy, and the story itself is pretty depressing once you get near the end. But over all it's my all time favorite.
  • Gone Baby Gone- Gone Baby Gone is based on a book of the same name. I'm really not a fan of Ben Affleck but if he does more movies behind the camera I'll be fine. He does a great job in his first movie as a director. Casey Affleck, one of my favorite actors, is great also. He plays Patrick with great force and power. The story is about sticking to what you believe is right no matter what. And that causes conflict between Patrick and the rest of the characters.
  • 3:10 to Yuma- I hate westerns. There are a select few that I do like and 3:10 to Yuma is one of them. Christian Bale does probably his finest performance. He plays a very flawed hero, which is something he doesn't always do. He always plays the bad ass hero who saves the day. It's a nice change of character. Russell Crowe also does a great job as the villain Ben Wade. Who proves not all bad guys are bad on the inside.

Those are just a few of my favorite movies. But those are my top 3 favorite movies. Others include Observe and Report, Hot Fuzz to name a few. I've also been a big fan of Seth Rogen also. He has to be one of the best up and coming actors right now. Him and Danny McBride are starting to make a great comedies. But yes they are in comedies, but watch them, they act so well. Which is something that doesn't always happen in comedies. I'm also going to go see The Collector Friday. Expect a review then.

TV Shows

Now I watch to much damn TV, like most Americans. I tend to stay with the same stuff though. Mostly ESPN, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, History Channel. Here is some of the TV shows I watch.

• Hung (HBO)- It's a good show. Thomas Jane is great. It really does a great job showing how the economy is hitting people hard and what people will do for a quick buck.
  • Scrubs (ABC)- I love Scrubs, though I haven't watched it much at all lately. The comedy in the show got weird, but I still love it.
  • Supernatural (CW)- A fantastic under the rader show. You'd think a show about demon hunters would suck, but the story is great, acting is fantastic and special effects are actually good.
  • Sportsnation (ESPN 2)- It's a fantastic show on ESPN 2. It's user generated. You submit your tweets and answer questions and hey talk about. Also Michelle Beadle is easy on the eyes ;)
  • Baseball Tonight (ESPN and ESPN 2)- Baseball is my second favorite sport behind bowling. So hell yeah I like the show!

That covers TV. On the Giant Bomb and video game related stuff.

Video Games

Hey I like video games! I just got into gaming. I never did before '07. Before '07 I just played Madden and that kid of games. I thank EGM for getting me into gaming. I read a issue once, just to see what was up and I feel in love with Video Games and EGM. EGM may be gone now, but my love for games has grown. Personally I like adventure games over shooters. Give me a good Prince of Persia game and I'll play it more then Killzone 2. I recently got rid of my Xbox due to performance issues. I have since got a PS3. I've been playing some games for it. inFAMOUS has been the best so far story telling wise. The best game I have played has been Valkyria Chronicles. That game is fantastic. Great story, great design. I'm trying to get a DSi now. The PSP isn't cutting it for me. The load times are sooo damn long it's sad.
My favorite game of all time is the new Prince of Persia game. I know that is probably dumb for most of you. But I have never enjoyed a game as much as that one. Borderlands at the moment is the game I want the most. That game looks stunning.

Giant Bomb

Ok, I never go to video game websites. Magazines were always good enough. Then once EGM closed, I only had Game Informer to read. But two months before EGM closed I heard a man named Brad Shoemaker on the 1UP Yours Game of the Year podcast, I think Jeff to. So I checked out the site in January. At first I hated the site, I thought the design was odd. But get this. I was playing some Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and went to Metacritic to see what it got review wise. And the first one was a review by Giant Bomb. I went to it and watched this video. That's right folks, Brad got me to come to the site. My first ever video review of a game was done by him over at Gamespot. It was a Shadow of the Colossus review video. Weird I think. So that's how I came to this site. Not that great of a story I know. But since then (this was in March by the way) this site has become my favorite website on the net.

To those who read this

Thank you. I know this blog hasn't had much in it other then me listing what I like the most. But I would really like to thank the Giant Bomb community, and the few friends I have on my friends list. I'm not the most outspoken guy and I like to stay quiet. But you all have made me feel very welcome here on the best website on the web. The point of this blog was to hopefully get you guys to know me a bit more. Like with what I like and such. I will definitely try to get another 1000 post. And I'm getting up there in wiki points also (almost 4,000 points). Thank you all!

Thanks for reading
-Trevor

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

I came to this site because of Gamespot if they wouldn't have fired Jeff Gerstmann than this site would've never been created. Jeff, Ryan, Brad, and Vinny were my favorite editors at Gamespot and the moment Jeff was fired I wanted to find out what he was gonna do so I followed him while he created this and then I joined on the day the site was started, July 21, 2008. Anyways, cool blog man.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By RandomHero666

Yeah, pretty cool blog

In Bruges is one of my fave movies too, Farrell playing an Irishman the way he was meant to, he made up for Miami Vice tenfold. And Brendan Gleeson, one of my Favorite actors was also bloody amazing in it.
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gingertastic_10
@RandomHero666: How In Bruges didn't win the Oscar for most original screenplay, I'll never know.

@GamerGeek360
: I wish I was on the site when it started :/
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By RandomHero666

Giantbomb when it started was pretty Chaotic, i joined the day after it started and the Forums were mad, first thread i posted in was Caseys original sexy pics xD

I feel sorry for the Mods back then
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

The way I found Giant Bomb is pretty unspectacular. I didn't follow Gamespot that much but I do remember watching Jeff in reviews. When he got fired, I was disappointed and said "Oh, it was that guy! :(". I was reading through either his wikipedia page or something else and it linked to Giant Bomb. I signed up 2 days after the explosion but never really used the site until a few months later.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No man don't make a goal to get amounts of posts, why do people do that, just post because you "Enjoy" it to share and discuss with the community not because of some number that says how L33T you are, I wish we didn't have a post count.

Although you did write up a big blog, I still believe it is silly to go for a certain number of posts by a set time period.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

Congrats.  Here's to the next 1000.

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gingertastic_10
@Bucketdeth: I understand. As I went on this summer I didn't really care if I made it or not.
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gingertastic_10
@KaosAngel: Thanks man.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gingertastic_10 said:
"@Bucketdeth: I understand. As I went on this summer I didn't really care if I made it or not."

Yeah well I guess as long as your posting thats another person to our community, so cheers that you made this far!
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gingertastic_10
@Bucketdeth: Thanks man. I'm going to try to be apart of the community for as long as possible.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#13  Edited By citizenkane

Congrats on your 1.000th post!

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gingertastic_10
@CitizenKane: Thank ya. Though it's more like 1,023 now. But oh well.
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gingertastic_10
@SuperMooseman: Yeah you can call me by my real name, it's why I put it on here. I liked the Chocolate joke Colin says and Uzi one that Harry says, good stuff. Yeah Prince of Perisa is a odd thing to say is my favorite of all time. But Personally I enjoyed it very much, from a gameplay aspect and story wise. I thought the talking between the two worked great and leads to why the ending is so powerful. I just enjoyed it greatly.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By teh_destroyer

Congrats! I will break out the Bicardi 151 for everybody :P.