My thoughts on Halloween (H2). (Spoilers)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Edited By JJOR64

Just a few hours ago I seen Halloween 2 (aka H2).  The film wasn't to shabby.  I can say is that it's different for a Halloween movie and you can definitely tell that Rob Zombie made it.  Just like all Zombie movies, the death scenes are brutal.  "STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB and one more stab to make sure they are dead" is probably what Michael thinks when he kills someone.  The story kinda wasn't there.  Michael is back and he wants Laurie, plain and simple.  Then there were a few goofy scenes when you think "Am I really watching a Halloween film?"  They are just bizarre, you can tell they're from Rob Zombie's twisted mind.

There are some flash backs to when Michael was young but, it's not the same actor from the first Zombie movie, it's a completely different kid.  On to another strange scene.  As some people may now,  Weird Al Yankovic is in the film  He is in a scene where Dr. Loomis goes to a talk show to talk about criticism towards his new book.  The Host (Chris Hardwick) tells Loomis what people think about the book and asks Loomis what he thinks of the criticism.  It was a goofy scene and it really wasn't needed in the film.

Over all I thought it was a good movie.  Probably not as good as Zombie's first Halloween movie but, still good.

P.S.  I'm not very good a critiquing stuff.  :P  Also if you want to know what the whole movie is in a nutshell, check out the Wikipedia page.
H2 Super Spoilers (Don't click if you don't want the movie spoiled.)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JJOR64

Just a few hours ago I seen Halloween 2 (aka H2).  The film wasn't to shabby.  I can say is that it's different for a Halloween movie and you can definitely tell that Rob Zombie made it.  Just like all Zombie movies, the death scenes are brutal.  "STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB and one more stab to make sure they are dead" is probably what Michael thinks when he kills someone.  The story kinda wasn't there.  Michael is back and he wants Laurie, plain and simple.  Then there were a few goofy scenes when you think "Am I really watching a Halloween film?"  They are just bizarre, you can tell they're from Rob Zombie's twisted mind.

There are some flash backs to when Michael was young but, it's not the same actor from the first Zombie movie, it's a completely different kid.  On to another strange scene.  As some people may now,  Weird Al Yankovic is in the film  He is in a scene where Dr. Loomis goes to a talk show to talk about criticism towards his new book.  The Host (Chris Hardwick) tells Loomis what people think about the book and asks Loomis what he thinks of the criticism.  It was a goofy scene and it really wasn't needed in the film.

Over all I thought it was a good movie.  Probably not as good as Zombie's first Halloween movie but, still good.

P.S.  I'm not very good a critiquing stuff.  :P  Also if you want to know what the whole movie is in a nutshell, check out the Wikipedia page.
H2 Super Spoilers (Don't click if you don't want the movie spoiled.)

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By lordofultima

I didn't like the first movies re-imagining, and I'm not too big on Rob Zombie's movies to begin with. He makes it too gritty for me.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Absurd
@lordofultima said:
" I didn't like the first movies re-imagining, and I'm not too big on Rob Zombie's movies to begin with. He makes it too gritty for me. "
This
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJOR64
@lordofultima said:
" I didn't like the first movies re-imagining, and I'm not too big on Rob Zombie's movies to begin with. He makes it too gritty for me. "
Yeah.  Rob Zombie's movies are not for everyone.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thought the first one was OK, but I really want to check this one out.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Clean

Thought it was terrible, I also saw Final Destination..man that was worse lol

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

I have not seen any of the last two Halloween movies and I don't have a real desire to. I may rent this movie via Netflix when it comes out just to see it. I actually liked The Devil's Rejects but I must say, his films are brutal to an even unnecessary length. TDR had cool parts though, which may have been because of its brutality. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JJOR64
@Clean said:
" Thought it was terrible, I also saw Final Destination..man that was worse lol "
The new Final Destination movie does look terrible.  I probably wont see it, ever.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel
@JJOR64: Just watch the trailer and you can probably guess the entire plot from start to finish.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JJOR64
@Hailinel: I did watch the trailer for it and it looks bad.  :P
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw it earlier tonight, thought it was good, but could've benefited highly without..... 

SPOILERS AHEAD! 

IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE FIVE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THAT GIVES A SHIT AND HASN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE, DON'T READ ON IF YOU HATE SPOILERS!!!! 

.....The scenes with Michael's mother. I thought it was kind of cool that Zombie tried to give Michael a motive, and it does show us how fucked up in the head he is, but when they happened (especially the part with the pumpkin masks, really, what the fuck?) they were just too crazy to pass off. I thought that if it didn't have those scenes it would've been a much better film.  They also made Loomis into a dick, which I didn't like, because he's one of my favorite characters in any movie I've ever seen, and it sucked to see him turn into a prima donna. He was funny most of the time, and I understand it's Zombie's movie and his rules, but I wish he had kept him the same.  

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Should I see this movie if I hated the first Halloween movie?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JJOR64
@ParanoidFreak said:
"  Should I see this movie if I hated the first Halloween movie? "
If you didn't like Zombie's first one then, no.  You probably wont like this one.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ParanoidFreak
@JJOR64: 
 More of the same? I guess I won't go see this then. The death scenes are just too brutal for me.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JJOR64
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" The scenes with Michael's mother. I thought it was kind of cool that Zombie tried to give Michael a motive, and it does show us how fucked up in the head he is, but when they happened (especially the part with the pumpkin masks, really, what the fuck?) they were just too crazy to pass off. I thought that if it didn't have those scenes it would've been a much better film.  They also made Loomis into a dick, which I didn't like, because he's one of my favorite characters in any movie I've ever seen, and it sucked to see him turn into a prima donna. He was funny most of the time, and I understand it's Zombie's movie and his rules, but I wish he had kept him the same.   "
I agree with everything you said there.  The pumpkin mask part was fucking weird and Loomis was a dick.  I also find it sad that Michael killed Loomis.  He was such a great character in the first Zombie Halloween.  He should have been the same in this one as well.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JJOR64
@ParanoidFreak said:
" @JJOR64:   More of the same? I guess I won't go see this then. The death scenes are just too brutal for me. "
The death scenes are just as brutal as the first one.
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JJOR64 said:
" @Everyones_A_Critic said:
" The scenes with Michael's mother. I thought it was kind of cool that Zombie tried to give Michael a motive, and it does show us how fucked up in the head he is, but when they happened (especially the part with the pumpkin masks, really, what the fuck?) they were just too crazy to pass off. I thought that if it didn't have those scenes it would've been a much better film.  They also made Loomis into a dick, which I didn't like, because he's one of my favorite characters in any movie I've ever seen, and it sucked to see him turn into a prima donna. He was funny most of the time, and I understand it's Zombie's movie and his rules, but I wish he had kept him the same.   "
I agree with everything you said there.  The pumpkin mask part was fucking weird and Loomis was a dick.  I also find it sad that Michael killed Loomis.  He was such a great character in the first Zombie Halloween.  He should have been the same in this one as well. "
 Indeed, I also didn't get how Loomis sustained no long term scars after seemingly having his eyeballs gouged out and skull bashed in the first one. You'd think he'd at least be impaired or something. It wasn't a huge problem for me, as I think Zombie planned to end it with Halloween one (Michael got shot in the fucking face for Christ's sake!) and I'd rather have Loomis in one way than no way at all. Also, Bloody-Disgusting.com pointed something out to me that I found puzzling: 

When Michael kills.....that girl....after she sees him in the mirror, she is found nude after his mother says "Have some fun." I think he raped her, which is rather disturbing, but also adds some human aspects to his character (like the heavy breathing and grunting Michael does when he bashes, stabs, and chokes people.

@ParanoidFreak said:
" @JJOR64:   More of the same? I guess I won't go see this then. The death scenes are just too brutal for me. "
Yes, if you aren't one for gore, stay FAR AWAY from this one. Definitely not for the faint of heart. The operating scene made me squirm.... 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JJOR64
@Everyones_A_Critic said:

" Indeed, I also didn't get how Loomis sustained no long term scars after seemingly having his eyeballs gouged out and skull bashed in the first one. You'd think he'd at least be impaired or something. It wasn't a huge problem for me, as I think Zombie planned to end it with Halloween one (Michael got shot in the fucking face for Christ's sake!) and I'd rather have Loomis in one way than no way at all. Also, Bloody-Disgusting.com pointed something out to me that I found puzzling: 

When Michael kills.....that girl....after she sees him in the mirror, she is found nude after his mother says "Have some fun." I think he raped her, which is rather disturbing, but also adds some human aspects to his character (like the heavy breathing and grunting Michael does when he bashes, stabs, and chokes people.

It's a little different in the Unrated version for when Michael attacks Loomis in Halloween (2007).  I think they may have gone with that one from when they thought of H2.  Also for the Annie thing, I never really thought of that.  That's pretty fucked up.