Navy Seals Vs. Pirates WHO YOU GOT?

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ninjakiller

The captain who has been held captive for the last few days has been freed.   Three of the four pirates are dead.  No achievement for them,  you need to kill all four to unlock the bonus round.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D97H2SJ00&show_article=1

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I'm sure they left one pirate alive on purpose so the Navy could "talk" to him for intelligence gathering purposes.  This sends a great message to would be pirates...don't fuck with Americans.  Hijack French ships instead, they'll just pay you.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I was so relieved when I saw that on Yahoo. Those fuckers deserve to die.

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Canberra

This wont end, Somalia hasn’t had a government for something like 15 years now. And too many kids see that they have no option other than to hijack or starve. I’m not saying that excuses what they are doing but If I were a Somali man I don’t think I’d be doing any different. Oh and any one else just thinking of the “Crew expendable” mission from CoD4?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5  Edited By natetodamax
Canberra said:
Oh and any one else just thinking of the “Crew expendable” mission from CoD4?"
Haha, exactly.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

So, some more information has been released about this situation. Evidently, the SEAL team inserted into the ocean by dropping from a C-130 cargo plane out of visual range of the pirates. They set up a command post on the USN Destroyer Bainbridge. It's not clear to me why, but the Bainbridge was towing the lifeboat that had the three pirates and the hostage aboard. This greatly stabilized the vessel and made for easier shots by the SEAL snipers positioned on the stern of the destroyer. Also, I heard that the Bainbridge was very slowly pulling the lifeboat in and closing the gap to make the snipers' jobs easier, and it was also reported that the snipers all used rifles with gyroscopes on them to further stabilize their shots. I've never even heard of a gyroscopically stabilized rifle, but that's what was being reported on the news here today.

One of the pirates was holding his AK-47 to Richard Phillip's head (the hostage) and the other two pirates had stuck their heads out of a hatch, presumably to get some fresh air. At that time the military decided the threat to Captain Phillips' life was imminent and gave the order to the SEALs to fire.

This is the story as I have pieced it together over the last 24 hours or so. The fourth and final pirate - the one who lived -  had previously come over to the Bainbridge to "negotiate", but it was suggested that his intent was to surrender and  that he had no intentions of ever going back to the lifeboat. 

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By BoG
MB said:
"I'm sure they left one pirate alive on purpose so the Navy could "talk" to him for intelligence gathering purposes.  This sends a great message to would be pirates...don't fuck with Americans.  Hijack French ships instead, they'll just pay you."
Well, if Obama is true to his word, there will be no more torture. Hopefully he sticks to the word, torture has been proven to be one of the least effective methods of information gathering, aside from the whole "violation of human rights" things.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Osaladin

Honestly, I told my brother when the pirates first took the captain hostage, "The SEALS are going to kill all those pirates." Pirates are stupid is the gist of what I'm trying to say.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ish
BoG said:
"MB said:
"I'm sure they left one pirate alive on purpose so the Navy could "talk" to him for intelligence gathering purposes.  This sends a great message to would be pirates...don't fuck with Americans.  Hijack French ships instead, they'll just pay you."
Well, if Obama is true to his word, there will be no more torture. Hopefully he sticks to the word, torture has been proven to be one of the least effective methods of information gathering, aside from the whole "violation of human rights" things.
"
For terrorists, you mean. Regular criminals crack pretty easily.
jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By jaycrockett
The_Ish said:
"BoG said:
"MB said:
"
For terrorists, you mean. Regular criminals crack pretty easily."

That's the problem, when you crack, you'll say anything to get them to stop torturing you, including making stuff up.  Hence the ineffective information gathering.
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By RichardLOlson
My thoughts on the issue would have to be the navy seals, at least with them they'll get you outta the hell hole.  But with pirates they'll just stand around singing "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum"