New info on the Hobbit Movie!

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22

So I was browsing over at imdb and found out some pretty cool sounding stuff about the Hobbit Movie. (click on the link for the full page)
For the movie, it looks like they are rumored to have Ian McKellen for Gandalf, Andy Serkis for Gollum, and Hugo Weaving for Elrond. All the same actors from the original movie. They also have Ron Perlman and Doug Jones rumored to be in it. Perlman would make sense for Beorn  or Smaug, and he's worked with Director Guierllmo Del Toro in the past.

Another article I found said that they are looking at three people to play Bilbo Baggins:
Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)
James McCovy (Wanted)
David Tennant (Mr. Who)

Radcliffe visually would be a good choice , because he sort of looks like Elijah Wood enough that they could be related, though I don't know if he could pull it off as an actor. If he did get the role, then he would definitely be known as the kid who got the biggest breaks in all of Hollywood...Although it might be the perfect way for Radcliffe to get the Harry Potter gorilla off of his back, and do a big movie that isn't Harry Potter. He'd go from Dumbledore to Gandalf...

James McCovy is an excellent actor, but a report I recently read said that he had declined the offer for the role. I think he might be best suited to play Bilbo, but once again I heard he declined the role.

I don't know much about David Tennant, but if Peter Jackson and Guierlmo Del Toro are considering him, than he must be worthy.

Any ideas on this??? Who do you think could play other characters like Balian or Thorn?

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By keyhunter

Maybe they should just use the guy who played him in the Lord of The Fucking Rings? He looks about 60. (Bilbo is around 60 years of age int he events of the Hobbit)

marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By marlow83

All I know is, Radcliffe would be terrible. He's just not a good actor. As for the other characters, I don't know, I haven't read the book in forever.

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By laticsfan

David Tennant aka DR Who wouldn't be a good choice imo, though a decent actor I don't think he could be Bilbo.

ColinRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ColinRyan

I think with Peter Jackson directing, David Tennant could be good as Bilbo, he is a Shakespearian actor after all. Something for him and Ian McKellen to talk about I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyhunter said:
" Maybe they should just use the guy who played him in the Lord of The Fucking Rings? He looks about 60. (Bilbo is around 60 years of age int he events of the Hobbit) "
This. Plus because of the ring he doesn't age. Therefore just get that actor to do it again. Makes sense to me.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By giyanks22
@MauveForest said:
" @keyhunter said:
" Maybe they should just use the guy who played him in the Lord of The Fucking Rings? He looks about 60. (Bilbo is around 60 years of age int he events of the Hobbit) "
This. Plus because of the ring he doesn't age. Therefore just get that actor to do it again. Makes sense to me.
"
Ian Helm is nearly 80, and he already turned down the role. He would've been the obvious choice, but it isn't easy to go to New Zeland and film the movies, especially for an 80 year old. They are really lucky Ian McKellen already agreed to this.

Hopefully we'll hear some announcements this week at Comic Con, because Peter Jackson is expected to make several.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By keyhunter
@giyanks22: I keep forgetting that it's been like 10 years since LOTR came out.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By mordukai
@keyhunter said:
Del Toro wants to get Ian Holm to play Bilbo but that might not be possible for health reasons. The last movie Ian Holm appeared in was O Jerusalem in 2006 and the last movie he is credited for was  Ratatouille. Thats why other actors are considered for the rule of Bilbo. Del Toro did say that if that be the case and Ian Holm can not do the movie then he would like him to narrate the two films. 
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Akeldama

if they get radcliff to play bilbo i will be pissed. 

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Potter9156

I thought it was confirmed a while ago that Ian Holm would return as Bilbo?

@giyanks22 said:

Ian Helm is nearly 80, and he already turned down the role. He would've been the obvious choice, but it isn't easy to go to New Zeland and film the movies, especially for an 80 year old. They are really lucky Ian McKellen already agreed to this. Hopefully we'll hear some announcements this week at Comic Con, because Peter Jackson is expected to make several. "

Hmm, news to me. Makes sense though.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn

David tennant is a great actor, but cannot play a Hobbit, and the correct term is Doctor Who, not mister, i had no idea who you were talking about, sorry for my nerd rage lol

I think McVoy would be best from what little i have seen of him, radcliffe could pull it off though, but every time is see him i'd just be saying "ITS 'ARRY POTTA!"

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

David Tennant would be awesome!.

Dr Who is still cool.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By ImperiousRix

I still think Ian Holm could still stand to play Bilbo.  After all, Bilbo is supposed to have "not aged a day" when he appears in LOTR, so it would make sense.  If they had to pick any of those actors, although I think Radcliffe probably bares the closest resemblance to a young Ian Holm, McCovy would probably deliver the best performance.
The second I heard Ron Pearlman was going to be in it, my mind went to Beorn.  I heard also that Doug Jones wanted to play Thranduil, but that Del Toro has another role in mind for him.  Wonder what it could be.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By teh_destroyer

Old news is old, the movie itself almost dissapeared off of my radar. Del Toro said there would be no Andy Serkis as Gollum, I read elsewhere a long time ago that he wants to use a different actor. He does not like Andy Serkis.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By giyanks22
@eckster said:
" I thought they postponed the Hobbit movie because the Tolkien family is owed like 30 mil because they own the copyright. "
No Tolkien sold the rights to Saul Zantz before he died, and Saul Zantz allowed them to make LOTR and now they are making the Hobbit.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@keyhunter said:
YEAH. Agreed 110%. Why don't they use the fucking guy who played Ash in the goddamned original Alien movie (aka Ian Holm)? 

We don't need no steenking Elijah Wood lookalike!!!!

@pirate_republic said:
" @keyhunter said:
You mean Ian Holm? That man is almost 80 years old. He's way too old for the part, and even with make-up, he wouldn't be able to do any stunts at all, including minor ones, such as walking quickly. And what if he died half way through filming? That would kill the project. Many of the LOTR actors are way too old now, such as Ian McKellen (though he did agree to the part). "

ANSWER:  CGI, dingus.