• 111 results
Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By Slag

So this guy gets dumped by his fiancee (or just gf?) for someone from her karate class, so what's he do?

he takes the engagement ring he got her and pawns it on ebay and uses the proceeds to buy this

No Caption Provided

personally I think he made out alright on this deal

the whole story is here:

http://bygonebureau.com/2011/11/16/master-grief/

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By avidwriter

Morale of the story? Women are bitches.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Cool story about why not to get engaged in your twenties.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Harkat

Now he just needs to put out a video where he's fucking some hot chicks while in that costume, shouting that he is going to "stuck them" and that they should taste his "rocket jump". That'll show her.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mylifeforAiur

He needs the costume to hide the fact that he's emotionally dead inside.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By coakroach

Good for him.

Eudoxia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eudoxia

@avidwriter said:

Morale of the story? Some men never grow up and don't deserve a wife.... like this guy. Oh and Learn how to spell too it is actually Moral

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@avidwriter said:

Moral.  Avid you may be, accomplished and capable you're not.

Moral of the story, man-children are celebrated by other man-children.
clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By clstirens

Best line in the whole thing

"“Her engagement ring? Long gone, guys. No, no it isn’t sitting in my sock drawer, where I look at it almost every day, plucking it out now and again, slowly re-cleansing my dress socks with my tears.”"

EDIT: That being said, the Armor in the first picture looks badass, but the armor in the second picture looks kinda derpy... Wonder what the deal is, but I would feel a bit ripped off if it turned out so lopsided.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Harkat

@Eudoxia said:

@avidwriter said:

Morale of the story? Some men never grow up and don't deserve a wife.... like this guy.

That's a far-fetched, baseless judgement. Dude wanted a Halo suit. Dude got some money, dude bought a Halo suit. How does that mean he doesn't "deserve" a wife?

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Sambambo

Something tells me that his desire to buy this had something to do with the affair.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By clstirens

@Harkat: It's a mix of internet trolling and sincere self deprecation. Essentially, we're all gaming nerds here (a bunch of adults dedicated enough about video games to constantly discuss things on a gaming forum), and someone here makes a trollish comment that is justified on the logic that if someone dedicates MORE money on perceptibly MORE frivolous things, they are somehow lesser than I am.

That, or it was just straight trolling.

byterunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By byterunner

@Harkat: Because its Halo, or video games in general. And anyone willing to buy something related to video games that aren't the games themselves shouldn't be allowed to have a spouse...or procreate. DUH!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@SeriouslyNow said:
Moral of the story, man-children are celebrated by other man-children.
Ouch.
Eudoxia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Eudoxia

@SuperSambo said:

Something tells me that his desire to buy this had something to do with the affair.

Exactly. I myself would never have cheated but def. would of left his ass if he had these types of tendencies to buy retarded crap such as this.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The Cortana quote above the article sums it all up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I would have gone Stormtrooper but fair play. I really want to get a Stormtrooper costume, a boombox and walk around town dancing. It's been a fantasy for a few years now. I think it would be fun. I saw some dudes running around my town dressed up as Mexicans playing music, that was fun. (I live in the UK, they were horrific stereotypes). I'd be a stormtrooper though, because stormtroopers.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By inkerman

What's with all the hate guys? 

Dude was obviously super depressed, had this thing which was making him depressed, and so he sold it and used the money to buy himself something stupid that he probably always wanted. It's possible that he never buys stuff like this or would have, but him getting left by his fiance for another guy seems like a pretty good reason to just go out buy something stupid you've always wanted to help you get over it.

Floope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Floope

@Eudoxia said:

@SuperSambo said:

Exactly. I myself would never have cheated but def. would of left his ass if he had these types of tendencies to buy retarded crap such as this.

Yes, he is clearly the villain in this situation because he buys things you don't approve of.

r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By r0k1ll

Wow. I totally want one of those.

Eudoxia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eudoxia

@RobbleWobble said:

@Eudoxia said:

@SuperSambo said:

Yes, he is clearly the villain in this situation because he buys things you don't approve of.

I do not approve of either one of them. They are both idiots.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
Her : "You're so into that game why don't you just go and marry the thing!"
Him : "Well you're so into your Karate instructor, so why don't you go and do the same!"
....And they both lived happily ever after.
oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oatz

That's pretty lame.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Winternet

Moral of the story: don't ever buy rings.

sanchopanza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sanchopanza

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

In what way? The quote has nothing to do with the guys story, yet he tries to painfully make it fit for some reason. Seems like he put the first cool sounding quote as a sub-heading and went from there.

Moral if the story - Halo is for stupid people.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@axlrose15
To me he sounds like he realised he made a big mistake, somewhat promising (he bought her perfect engagement ring, that's a silent promise to me) to marry her and then his chicka left him.
That's a promise he can't (and shouldn't) keep.

Nice little stab at the bottom too, you must have an awesome videogame taste yourself.
donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#27  Edited By donutfever

HE SURE FINISHED THAT FIGHT AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

My girlfriend and I had a discussion this morning about how it would be awesome to have one of those prop Mass Effect rifles that guy made.

The folks in this topic who talk about women like they're 'too good' to tolerate the interests of others show more disrespect and sexism in their white-knighting than the so-called man-children they attack.

sanchopanza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sanchopanza

@TaliciaDragonsong: You seem very confused. Meaning of quote: don't make a promise you can't keep. If the story was about him proposing and then getting cold feet it would make sense.

Yes I do have an awesome taste in games, thank you. My fav game ever is Wu-Tang Shaolin Style, after all.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30  Edited By grilledcheez

I hate when threads get serious, for realz

Alexandruxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Alexandruxx
@avidwriter said:

Couldn't agree more.
frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By frankxiv

seems like a poor investment

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By swoxx

He should have spent that cash on some commercialized pussy instead.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Andorski

There has got to be a better way to spend that money.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@Swoxx said:

THANK YOU! Finally, someone makes sense. Jesus Christ people, it took 32 posts to come to this. I'm disappointed.
huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By huntad

The people who are being bitches saying this guy deserved what came to him, or since he wanted a halo suit he doesn't deserve a girlfriend are idiots. Just because of a material possession, he deserves it all? Sounds like feminist talk to me. Dude bought what he wanted with his own money, so stop being judgmental. It's not like he was going to get her a ring, but bought the halo suit instead. I like how you idiots (those who judged him unfairly) can judge a guy for spending his own money on a material item over the internet without even knowing him. You guys/girls are tools.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By swoxx

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Swoxx said:

THANK YOU! Finally, someone makes sense. Jesus Christ people, it took 32 posts to come to this. I'm disappointed.

I aim to please!

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Harkat

@Brodehouse said:

My girlfriend and I had a discussion this morning about how it would be awesome to have one of those prop Mass Effect rifles that guy made. The folks in this topic who talk about women like they're 'too good' to tolerate the interests of others show more disrespect and sexism in their white-knighting than the so-called man-children they attack.

Quoted for truth. There is nothing about women that make them automatically deserving of attentive service from men. I find it distasteful that men who enjoy videogames, comic books, etc. are scorned for not "manning up" and becoming a provider, yet it is completely culturally unacceptable to tell female fighter pilots, lawyers or doctors to "woman up" and have the dinner ready with a caring smile when the man returns from his job.

AndyMacneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AndyMacneil

One time, my brother bought his ex a diamond ring, just for the hell of it. She said it looked cheap. He then returned it to the store and bought a 360 Elite, the collected works of J.R.R Tolkien, and all of the Super Awesome Editions of the Lord of the Rings movies, which included sweet models of stuff from the movies in the box.

We proceeded to laugh heartily as we drank and watched all of the movies on his new Elite.

They still dated for a few years after.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BlinkyTM

That's a pretty awesome outfit. I don't know...Wife or Master Chief outfit...Wife....or Master Chief...

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Ramone

What a complete waste of money.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
@Eudoxia said:

@SuperSambo said:

Making that assumption is pretty stupid. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, who knows. Not to mention the fact that if he makes enough money that its not a big deal to spend it on something like that then who cares what he does with it.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Afroman269

I would have used the money for drugs.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sambambo

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Eudoxia said:

@SuperSambo said:

Making that assumption is pretty stupid. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, who knows. Not to mention the fact that if he makes enough money that its not a big deal to spend it on something like that then who cares what he does with it.

Presumably his ex girlfriend

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
@SuperSambo said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Eudoxia said:

@SuperSambo said:

Presumably his ex girlfriend

Again that's based on the argument that he planned on buying that armor before they broke up which is an assumption.
MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MikeGosot

Well... That's actually pretty awesome. And i don't even LIKE Halo.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By napalm

@SeriouslyNow said:

@avidwriter said:

Moral. Avid you may be, accomplished and capable you're not. Moral of the story, man-children are celebrated by other man-children.

I also like how that suit gives that guy giant, saggy, man-tits.

I don't know man, whatever helps him get over life's bullshit, or his poorly thought-out mistakes. Find a way to roll with the punches and you're good to go.

Eudoxia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eudoxia

@Brodehouse said:

My girlfriend and I had a discussion this morning about how it would be awesome to have one of those prop Mass Effect rifles that guy made. The folks in this topic who talk about women like they're 'too good' to tolerate the interests of others show more disrespect and sexism in their white-knighting than the so-called man-children they attack.

I am a woman and I was stating my opinion as a woman. I would also like to point out the reason I even bothered to comment on this post in the manner I did was a huge part due to the fact that the first comment made on this thread was "women are bitches". I love how that was overlooked by just about everyone in favor of comments that I and others made about how lame it was for the guy to WASTE his money on that ridiculous suit. YES it is a waste in my opinion when he is also talking in the same article about how he is trying to pay back student loans. Honestly, he never should of bought the damn ring in the first place when he is trying to get his life in order. He did it to impress her and make her love him more and it backfired on his ass because she was not worth it. I would have taken that money and put it in savings or paid off my student loans. Just my take on it.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By bacongames

Hold it hold it hold it, did no one notice how fucking awesome that costume looked? Seriously that is a pretty great Spartan costume.

Anyway resume all the internet beef...go!

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CaptainCody

@Eudoxia said:

@Brodehouse said:

I am a woman and I was stating my opinion as a woman. I would also like to point out the reason I even bothered to comment on this post in the manner I did was a huge part due to the fact that the first comment made on this thread was "women are bitches". I love how that was overlooked by just about everyone in favor of comments that I and others made about how lame it was for the guy to WASTE his money on that ridiculous suit. YES it is a waste in my opinion when he is also talking in the same article about how he is trying to pay back student loans. Honestly, he never should of bought the damn ring in the first place when he is trying to get his life in order. He did it to impress her and make her love him more and it backfired on his ass because she was not worth it. I would have taken that money and put it in savings or paid off my student loans. Just my take on it.

No doubt is the man a retard, no one should be justifying spending money on such superflous shit. When you could, you know, spend it on something applicable? Like a fucking vacation? I hear those things are great for seeing this place called the world, but I guess he would rather see it through an orange tint.