• 65 results
matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By matthias2437

I wish this would have ran about a year ago. I dropped 60 lbs over about 6 months recently.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By Dagbiker

i weigh about 400 lbs. and about a year ago i started changing things like cutting sodas out of my diet, and walking to work everyday( about 2 miles to work ) its helped a little bit, but i still gain weight.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By damnboyadvance

Somebody please tell me, what exactly is wrong with being overweight? Being overweight is not bad for you. You can be overweight and be perfectly healthy, like me. It's the behaviors associated with being overweight that are bad for you, such as overeating and consuming too much sugar.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By amir90

Hmm, I would love to participate , but I am not sure I would like to expose myself like that on the Internet.
I don't have a weight nearby either, I can use the one in my gym, but the. Again, how would could you verify the result?

I can post some info at least, if anything I am apart of the experiences of losing weight :)
I just recently lost 2 kg, now at a 102 kg weight, 172 cm height.
Most of that is of course fat, but some muscle weight (i used to be really strong for my age) my goal is to get as close as I can to 85kg on the month of may, preferably on my birthday (3rd).

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By ZenaxPure
@damnboyadvance: Skinny people are hawt. 

That is essentially what is wrong with being fat in the view of 90% of people in the world. I'd argue being thin for a lot of people is more about attractiveness and self-esteem than any sort of health concerns.  

That's not to say that is a bad thing either, I'm overweight but I used to be even bigger and just losing some made me feel a lot better from the little things you notice like an older shirt actually fitting again.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By crusader8463

I would, but I don't have a scale with numbers that go high enough. Every time I step on one instead of a number it just shows a picture of Jabba the Hutt.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By handlas

Someone make an opposite thread where you try to gain weight! I got a head start....15 pounds last year. Hell ya!

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Dany

I lost 70 lbs last year.

You should have done this last year.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#59  Edited By ESREVER

@IkariNoTekken said:

I'm an Ectomorph...

That's dangerously close to nercomorph! I like it!

(is a nec- ectomorph as well)

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mageman

@IkariNoTekken said:

@AlexW00d: Thanks for the back up there. Obviously missed everything I said about eating healthy and tracking nutritional stats for every single meal. Been doing that for years.

@Mageman: @blueduck: Also been body building for good time now so I'd like to think I know a little more than most. Certainly not as much as some; I have several body building idols and they know pretty much everything you need to know about workout regimes, muscle structure, diets etc.

I know enough to know that when someone refers to metabolism speeds they don't actually only mean how fast your body digests. The phrase 'fast metabolism' (especially when used in the body building community) usually refers to how your body quickly rejects certain nutrients instead of storing them. An Ectomorph is commonly referred to as a 'hard gainer' because their metabolism seems to get rid of a lot nutrients that would help the person put on weight. This is why Ectomorphs are slim...

No Caption Provided

This is why to this very day, my workout regime is focused on short high intensity workouts, very little cardio training and ample rest periods. My diet is also governed by my natural build; very high calorie (see: caloric surplus) but still incredibly healthy and typically also fast digesting - when you struggle to put on weight you need fast digesting food as it obviously allows you to eat more meals. 5-6 healthy high calorie meals a day, and high intensity 3-day split workout... has it worked? Yes, it has.

I apologise to BlueDuck if it seemed as though I was posting from a "I can't gain anything" point of view, as that is not at all true. I have had great gains in both muscle and weight (due to muscle weighing more than fat) over the years. As this thread is focused on users who consider themselves overweight, I just wanted to post a comment from a Ectomorph angle showing that some of us are on the flip side.

Anyway, I want to again end this message with a good luck to the people participating... Good Luck Duders!!!

Those samotypes are pretty much pseudoscience or a myth if you will, you can ask any biology professor that (in America however they can still be sometimes seen as part of their fat acceptance propaganda but mostly in HS or so I have been told). Nourishments still have to follow the laws of the human body, which can not vary so much that someone could claim to be genetically at a huge disadvantage (unless that person has a certain disease). They don't count calories and that is the whole point. They think they eat a lot but they don't know they do. You can simply not weasel yourself out of the laws of thermodynamics by saying that your body throws away certain ''nutrients''. I'd like to see them stay skinny when they are eating 2 jars of peanut butter and a gallon of milk a day + their usual meals, accompanied by a strength program.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By CptChiken

Im putting on weight so loosing it would be counter productive for me so good luck guys but i am out!

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Choffy

So based on what seems to be a good idea based on a lot of your opinions, I guess bi-weekly pictures. A few things I'd like to point out real quick.

To those who are in the middle of losing weight, good job. Even if you don't think you can win because you've already lost XX amount, why not still participate. What if you do win the contest and a free $50? And if not, a great way to stay on track is to publicly track your journey.

To those who just lost, congratulations. It's tough to do, and even tougher to keep it off, as I've done it once and slowly put it back on over the course of 18 months. So quick props. Sorry you can't participate, but the fact that you lost the weight should be worth it's weight in gold (see what I did there!?).

To those who are saying you can be healthy and be overweight, very true but only to an extent. Regardless of bone density, height or anything else, being overweight isn't the healthiest thing in the world. If you're happy with your body, then I'm envious. But trying to do something about it is just fine.

And to those who want to participate, I'm probably going to wait a week to start, or might even change up the competition a bit to just have a plain old before-and-after thing. It might open up the competition a bit and could invite those who have lost, or are still in the process of losing to participate. We'll see, and I'd love feedback on ways to possibly open it up so more than a handful participate.

So yeah, that's about all I have.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By blueduck

@Mageman: This.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@Mageman:

From what you have said you have shown that you have some knowledge here, but interestingly enough you didn't pick up on the fact that in my first comment I said I had a fast metabolism. How can that be true when a person's MBR is actually faster when you are bigger? The reason I used the term 'fast metabolism' is because it is widely accepted, whether it is scientifically correct or not. If you tell underweight people that they have a slow metabolism and overweight people that they have a fast metabolism I can guarantee they'll just give you a funny look as this is not what they have grown up learning. It is the same with the build types; Ectomorph, Mesomorph and Endomorph are common terms created as body stereotypes to pigeon hole people. They are commonly used in the dieting and body building communities and tend to help when trying to teach or aid someone; and that it solely why I use them.

I'd like to see them stay skinny when they are eating 2 jars of peanut butter and a gallon of milk a day + their usual meals, accompanied by a strength program.

I'd like to see them live healthily when eating that; even if their eating nutritious meals and eating natural peanut butter that's an incredibly unhealthy diet to follow. To your point, will you eventually gain weight from that... yeah sure, but if you get two people of completely different builds to follow that exact diet whilst following the same workout/exercise regimes the gains will be different.

Your basal metabolic rate and your daily energy expenditure are not down to genetics and I don't believe I ever stated it to be; age, weight in body fat/muscle, level of activity and lastly appetite will effect it. Body fat and muscle are the only elements there that can really be effected by genetics as they can be loosely based on your body/skeletal structure, but even then that is not enough to define your metabolism from when you are born. To conclude; your body build is characterised by how you live your life, largely the early years as a child; your build is then what effects your metabolism.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#65  Edited By Tireyo

I've already reached an ideal weight. All I lack is just muscle.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#66  Edited By damnboyadvance
@Zenaxzd: Well my question was in terms of health. But yes, many people would agree that being fat is unattractive.