OK Cupid Urging users to boycott Firefox

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

@teaoverlord: you seem to be confusing tolerance and acceptance. Nobody is owed acceptance.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Will continue to use Firefox and continue to not use their website.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Don't understand the backlash. This is a super easy way to stand up for your principles.

Mr_Pips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The guy donated $1000 to the prop 8 campaign in 2008. (btw, the voters in California APPROVED that proposition), who cares? He's not out there burning homosexuals. He's entitled to his own opinion and to express that opinion. This constant war on those with differing opinions by those who say they are tolerant is disgusting. Also, don't forget that President Obama opposed gay marriage until it was no longer politically advantageous.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#255  Edited By Hunter5024

I support gay marriage, but I wish witch hunts like this would stop. I feel like as a people we're (ideally) supposed to work together in order to shape the country as we like it by exchanging and debating our ideas and opinions, and there's already enough obstacles in the way of that. I just want people to be able to support whatever bill they want without fear that they might be forced out of their job or vilified or whatever. I'm not about to feel bad about a CEO losing his job (because I am blatantly classist), but it's hard to feel good about this situation. How was this a victory for gay marriage? This isn't an example of us trying to encourage and support our beliefs, it's an example of us tearing down the people who don't agree with us. I think that totally sucks. I'm not in this for some sort of payback.

And for the people who are acting like this isn't an issue of free speech "He is allowed to express whatever opinion he wants, but I'm also allowed to complain about it until he gets fired!" How is that any different from not being allowed to express your opinions? I mean in North Korea you could stand on a rooftop and shout horrible things about Kim Jong Un, but there would certainly be consequences.