On a 0-10 scale, how afraid of needles are you?

• 173 results
Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Dragon_Fire

Zero, I love donating blood and needles don't bother me in the slightest.

Halos_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#52  Edited By Halos_god

@SJSchmidt93 said:

I don't think that not being afraid of needles makes you a junkie.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By zeforgotten

Zero so apparantly I am a drug addicted person who also has diabetes. 
Also, according to brainless people I am  super fat because why else would I be diabetic, right? 

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By forkboy

I don't have a problem with needles at all, but I went for a 2 because I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be sticking myself with one

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By morningstar

Taken many, many needles through being seriously sick. I also have 6 tatoos. So a clear 0 here, not scared at all(if you ask me about the dentist however...)

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SmilingPig

I'm a diabetic I inject myself 4 times a day minimum.

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By ATrevelan

Is ten seriously the highest this can go? I've paid for a flu shot before and STILL tried to talk my way out of it (I told the nurse she could just put it into a cotton swab or something). I've also wanted a tattoo for ages, but I know I'll never be able to get one.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheFreeMan

It depends on where you're jabbing me with it. In the shoulder or arm? No problem. In the mouth? Ugh, but okay. In the eyes? Oh, hell no.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By EXTomar

I want to say "Depends". If I am feeling strong and fine then a needle doesn't bother me. If I am woozy, nuaticous, or lightheaded then a needle may make feel even worse.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Live2bRighteous

Hrrm, It has to be a 7. When I'm getting a shot on my arm, I always tense up and give myself a cramp. Good times.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#61  Edited By cornbredx

It's kinda scary but as they do it it's just a quick prick so you get over it. Its really the initial fear of the pain that's scary.

Penelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Penelope

Used to bother me quite a bit, then in college I needed money to save up for a cross country road trip I was taking with my friend. Didn't have the kind of schedule where I could work a regular job on the week days so I started selling my plasma.

For those of you who don't know, these needles are BIG. Get blood drawn for a test? Ha. Nothing compared to the things they use at these places. But, I got paid money to sit in a chair and read Terry Pratchet books. The first couple of times were a bit difficult, but the cash in my hand made it worth it. Leaving it in your arm for around an hour was the weirdest part.

You get over it though. Now the tiny little things they use for injections or tests only cause one reaction: "You call that a needle? Ha!"

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MethodMan008

10 easily..

In high school I was pretty into pain killers and my friend was going to shoot up Oxy for the first time so I tagged a long to be his driver and whatnot and when the chick put the belt around his arm and put the needle in I had to run out of her dorm room.. I ran around like an idiot for like 10 minutes in the UMKC dorms looking for somewhere to vomit..

Also, every time I get any kind of shot or blood drawn I turn as white as a white person can get.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By Red

If the needle goes clean in and out, that's alright with me I guess. But when I got my wisdom teeth taken out and was hooked up to an IV, I was literally freaking out. The idea of a needle being inside my wrist for a long amount of time freaks me out so much, and I guess I'll always be afraid of the needle breaking inside me. Honestly, I'm spazzing out a little bit writing this. If I have to get one, I won't need tieing down or anything--I know I need it--but I will definitely have a little panic attack in my head. I guess most of it depends on where it is. If it's just on my upper arm, I guess that's alright, but pretty much anywhere else freaks me out. I'll say an 8.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Toxin066

Unless it's going in my eye, and assuming I'm in a medical facility, probably a three.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't like them but I don't really mind them too much. Though, bring out a needle for a spinal tap and I might shit myself...

(5)

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BraveToaster

I chose 3. I can handle it, but I always worry that some disgruntled doctor walks around, pricking patients with a contaminated needle.

PolyesterPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PolyesterPimp

I passed out giving blood... maybe I'm just sensitive to seeing blood. Maybe it was the needle. Either way they had to pick me up off the floor. #thuglife

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Well, considering the only time I've ever passed out was while I was getting blood drawn, I'd say about a 9.

Not to mention the fact that every single time I seem to get the new phlebotomist, who's apparently never done this before, and who can never seem to find my vein on the first try.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zero. Not a drug addict, but not afraid of needles in the slightest.

BluPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BluPotato

Depends on where the needles are. In the hands of a doctor or nurse, maybe a one or two (waiting for the jab is the worst part).

Lying on the ground someplace random, 10.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Toxeia

I'm a regular for giving blood or plasma. Blood's not bad, but the plasma ones are a bit scary the first time. They're a bit pretty thick gauge and if the phlebotomist doesn't get it just right... the return on fluids is painful as fuck. It ends up injecting a ton of fluid into the vein and surrounding tissue. Feels like your skin's going to rip open from the outside. The up side is that needle of any kind don't scare me anymore.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@ZeForgotten said:

Zero so apparantly I am a drug addicted person who also has diabetes. Also, according to brainless people I am super fat because why else would I be diabetic, right?

I think it's just a joke, and maybe you shouldn't take it so seriously.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#74  Edited By beard_of_zeus

A million out of 10. I'm getting woozy just thinking about it. If it's between dying and someone sticking a needle in me to save my life, just go ahead and mail me to the graveyard. No thank you, doctors and other medical professionals!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By zeforgotten
@PrivateIronTFU said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Zero so apparantly I am a drug addicted person who also has diabetes. Also, according to brainless people I am super fat because why else would I be diabetic, right?

I wish it was a joke but there are actually a ton of people out there who thinks I have diabetes because I'm fat. 
Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Contrarian

@Penelope said:

Used to bother me quite a bit, then in college I needed money to save up for a cross country road trip I was taking with my friend. Didn't have the kind of schedule where I could work a regular job on the week days so I started selling my plasma.

For those of you who don't know, these needles are BIG. Get blood drawn for a test? Ha. Nothing compared to the things they use at these places. But, I got paid money to sit in a chair and read Terry Pratchet books. The first couple of times were a bit difficult, but the cash in my hand made it worth it. Leaving it in your arm for around an hour was the weirdest part.

You get over it though. Now the tiny little things they use for injections or tests only cause one reaction: "You call that a needle? Ha!"

I do give blood when I can muster the courage to do so. I want to do the plasma thing, but it does scare me a lot. Giving blood and plasma is a purely altruistic endeavour in Australia - you get nothing but the satisfaction of being a good citizen. I wouldn't want to get paid for it to be honest, but exactly how much do you get for blood and plasma?

knetic2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By knetic2341

Zero. It goes by so quickly and I never feel anything, I don't have a reason to be afraid of them.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Marcsman

@beard_of_zeus said:

A million out of 10. I'm getting woozy just thinking about it. If it's between dying and someone sticking a needle in me to save my life, just go ahead and mail me to the graveyard. No thank you, doctors and other medical professionals!

I can totally relate. Imagine if you had to inject yourself in the heart with adrenaline? Now I'm getting faint.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Shookems

The company I work for makes a drug that reverses the effects of macular degeneration and restores vision in patients that are going blind. Catch is, it can only be applied through injection. Into your eye. Once a month.

How does that make you feel?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#81  Edited By Vinny_Says

Basically what you're saying is that everyone with diabetus is a drug addict....very classy. I've only ever had the basic shots at school and given blood a few times and have no problems with needles. Of course needles in the eyes or falling naked into a pit of used needles scares me but that's not a thing that will happen.

Penelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#82  Edited By Penelope

@Contrarian said:

@Penelope said:

I do give blood when I can muster the courage to do so. I want to do the plasma thing, but it does scare me a lot. Giving blood and plasma is a purely altruistic endeavour in Australia - you get nothing but the satisfaction of being a good citizen. I wouldn't want to get paid for it to be honest, but exactly how much do you get for blood and plasma?

You can donate/sell plasma twice a week as long as you are eating enough food and staying hydrated. I think they paid me $30, U.S. the first time in a week, with $40 or $45 the second time. They pay you more the second time to encourage you to keep coming back as much as you can. Not great money, but not bad for an hour of doing nothing except enduring some mild discomfort. As far as I know, they sell it to pharmaceutical companies for research and medicine production. They rarely need it at a hospital as there is never really a shortage of the stuff so don't ever feel the need to "donate" plasma. They'd just sell it anyway.

I tried to donate blood once, but with all of my traveling, they told me I was too high of a risk for contagious diseases.

:/

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Marcsman

@Shookems said:

The company I work for makes a drug that reverses the effects of macular degeneration and restores vision in patients that are going blind. Catch is, it can only be applied through injection. Into your eye. Once a month.

You scared the shit out of me. Death would be preferable.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By zeforgotten
@Marcsman said:

@Shookems said:

You scared the shit out of me. Death would be preferable.

All you guys did was remind me of that Needle in Eye part of Dead Space 2 

Oh right, spoilers and all that (If you, reading this, haven't beaten it yet then don't pretend to care)
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Sambambo

I picked 0, but I am not a drug addict.

It isn't painful and is only there to help. It's like being scared of a light switch or a fridge.

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Philantrophy

Needles in untrained hands are the worst, but if the person is skilled enough it should be no problem.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Sambambo

@ZeForgotten said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I wish it was a joke but there are actually a ton of people out there who thinks I have diabetes because I'm fat.

How many people know that you have diabetes without knowing you :S

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By zeforgotten
@SuperSambo said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@ZeForgotten said:

How many people know that you have diabetes without knowing you :S

Lots, a bunch of people around the interwebs, friends of my friends who have heard about me and they all say the same thing when they meet me or see me in a weird video or something like that. 
"Wait, you're not fat so how can you be diabetic. That's not what I hear from people I know" and stuff like it. It's kinda weird
VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By VierasTalo

I'm not afraid of them one bit since I've worked extensively in terminal care and am quite used to them. However I do hate it when someone pricks me with one, so I'll go with a two.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By InternetCrab

A two. I enjoy the pain of needles a little bit.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#91  Edited By RobotHamster

Haven't had a needle put in me in like 5 years so I don't even remember what it feels like, but I'd still say fuck needles.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Clonedzero

i voted a 3, needles going into my skin doesnt bother me so much, but the thought of one going in my eye FREAKS ME OUT. UGH UGH UGH.

stab a hundred into my arms, sure! but leave my eyes alone! no needles in the eye. just thinking about it slowly coming down into your eye watching it and being helpless to stop it, AHHHH

hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#93  Edited By hostile

If a 5 is a "meh" then I'm probably around a 7. I don't like the feeling of the needle being in me nor will I look at it but I haven't really felt true pain from a needle yet. I thought it was amazing how my father constantly got pricked by needles (he had cancer) and it didn't bother him much unless the people sticking him did something wrong.

Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Jaserno

@RobotHamster said:

Haven't had a needle put in me in like 5 years so I don't even remember what it feels like, but I'd still say fuck needles.

Agreed. Fuck needles. I'm not afraid of them, come at me bro. Haha

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ShockD

It really matters where the needle is put. There are places where it really hurts and even the coolest gringos would shiver.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By intro

0, although I'm not a drug addict and I don't use needles often. I given blood a couple of times, I like watching the needle go in, it's cool to watch for me. I've gotten a shot in the ass for poison ivy all over my face and in my ears, didn't hurt much at all.

The main thing I'm afraid of is lasers and bees. Bees are somewhat ironic, since they sting you like a needle, but I'm more afraid of them buzzing themselves around me rather than actually getting stung. I had laser surgery on my foot and it hurt like a mother fucker, hard to compare it to anything.

Dom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#97  Edited By Dom

i'm usually fine as long as it is away from my eyes and not one of those huge ass seringes

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Vodun
rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#99  Edited By rpgee

In reality, about an 8, where I will lie down (not sit) and take it, and hate every second of it. It's the worst.

In any depiction of it, that escalates to about a 15. For whatever reason, it freaks me the hell out. The most recent example I can think of is watching Breaking Bad, where

Jessie and Jane were shooting up heroin

and I had to stop and fast forward through that, I was losing my mind. It's no fun.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#100  Edited By Superkenon

All of them.