Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By brukaoru
ZombieHunter said:
"NO!"
^This is why I love Zombie. <3

Anyway, I believe all those stories to be accurate, especially #1, you know the government would love to figure out how to control our minds...
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum

Who actually thought the July 20th plot was a conspiracy, or fabricated, for that matter?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Black_Rose

conspiracy theories....

meh

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Silverain
Karmum said:
"Who actually thought the July 20th plot was a conspiracy, or fabricated, for that matter?"
A conspiracy theory is when you theorize that a group of people is involved in illegal or highly unethical activities that were planned out beforehand. Basically organized crime.
Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#9  Edited By Spiritof

The problem with trying to hatch a conspiracy with more than one person?

There's always that one guy who can't keep his mouth shut.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
brukaoru said:
"ZombieHunter said:
"I think you know the answer >.>"
Um... I don't want to think about what the answer may be... >_>

"
Its Yes Now make me some waffles >:P 
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Karmum
Silverain said:
"Karmum said:
"Who actually thought the July 20th plot was a conspiracy, or fabricated, for that matter?"
A conspiracy theory is when you theorize that a group of people is involved in illegal or highly unethical activities that were planned out beforehand. Basically organized crime."
I know what a conspiracy is, I interpreted it in a way that people believe it never happened.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silverain
SpiritOf said:
"The problem with trying to hatch a conspiracy with more than one person?

There's always that one guy who can't keep his mouth shut."
Bingo. Watergate, anyone?
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Very good find, that was a great article. I especially liked the top 2, they were absolutely unbelievable.

PremierOctopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PremierOctopus

I blame the government

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayge_

MKULTRA is real and disturbing. So are all the rest of them.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silverain
Jayge said:
"MKULTRA is real and disturbing. So are all the rest of them."
Hence the whole "actually happened" part.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_
Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
Hence the whole "actually happened" part."
Yeah. Not that anyone takes anything I say seriously, but I've heard of all of these individual incidents before. Scary.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Silverain
Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
Yeah. Not that anyone takes anything I say seriously, but I've heard of all of these individual incidents before. Scary."
I had only heard of Operation Valkyrie and Operation Snow White.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By brukaoru
Jayge said:
Indeed, quite frightening.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jayge_
Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
Yeah. Not that anyone takes anything I say seriously, but I've heard of all of these individual incidents before. Scary."
I had only heard of Operation Valkyrie and Operation Snow White."
You've never heard someone say "the CIA created LSD" or any other slightly off reference to MKULTRA?
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silverain
Jayge said:
You've never heard someone say "the CIA created LSD" or any other slightly off reference to MKULTRA?"
Yeah, but I dismissed the LSD bullshit, as LSD was created in Switzerland.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Silverain
Karmum said:
"Silverain said:9
"Karmum said:
A conspiracy theory is when you theorize that a group of people is involved in illegal or highly unethical activities that were planned out beforehand. Basically organized crime."
I know what a conspiracy is, I interpreted it in a way that people believe it never happened."
People today don't believe it (generally; there are definitely some Holocaust-denying idiots that think it never happened somewhere), but people back then probably didn't believe it at first.
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By adam_grif

MKULTRA happened, but failed. If it worked, I guarantee you personally there would not be this much Bush hate in America.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jayge_
adam_grif said:
"MKULTRA happened, but failed. If it worked, I guarantee you personally there would not be this much Bush hate in America."
Or would there? Dun dun duuunnn....
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silverain
adam_grif said:
"MKULTRA happened, but failed. If it worked, I guarantee you personally there would not be this much Bush hate in America."
I think most of those conspiracies failed, with the exception of Operation Snow White.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By Vaxadrin

If they actually happened they're not theories.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Silverain
Vaxadrin said:
"If they actually happened they're not theories."
*Headdesk*
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By Vaxadrin

That article was actually a fascinating read.

EndlessMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By EndlessMike

The significance of that entire list is pretty irrelevant. Most of those are historical plots and things nobody disputes actually happened. I can name way more then seven of those.

EndlessMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EndlessMike
Silverain said:
"Vaxadrin said:
*Headdesk*"
*facepalm* back at you. He's right. Saying seven conspiracy theories that actually happened is like saying 7 lies that were actually true. If they were true they weren't lies.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RetroIce4

Because everything is a lie... *Eye Rolleyz*

jaydough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jaydough
brukaoru said:
"ZombieHunter said:
"NO!"
^This is why I love Zombie. <3

Anyway, I believe all those stories to be accurate, especially #1, you know the government would love to figure out how to control our minds..."

Hey, I would too.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DualReaver

I already have the power to control minds, and of course I only use them for evil.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By brukaoru
DualReaver said:
"I already have the power to control minds, and of course I only use it for evil."
:O

The world will end soon, indeed.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bulldog19892
adam_grif said:
You would say it failed if it succeeded.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
EndlessMike said:
"The significance of that entire list is pretty irrelevant. Most of those are historical plots and things nobody disputes actually happened. I can name way more then seven of those."
I think the list and article is a critique of the fact that people hear these crack pot ideas today and say oh that could never happen but that stuff back then was thought of as the same way and its actually true.

So believe that some of the crack pot stuff talked about today actually could happen, Im simply waiting my self for it to come out the government either had a hand in, or knew about and did nothing 9/11, since its all ready proven that they knew about pearl harbor and did nothing.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By crunchUK

so we ARE going to die in a black hole???????

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By Lies

Quite the interesting read. I'd heard of about half of those, but didn't quite know the details. Scientology does stuff like Operation Snow White all the time. They have probably an intelligence operation on par with, or a little below the CIA. They do some amazing shit for a bunch of crazies.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Silverain
EndlessMike said:
"Silverain said:
"Vaxadrin said:
*Headdesk*"
*facepalm* back at you. He's right. Saying seven conspiracy theories that actually happened is like saying 7 lies that were actually true. If they were true they weren't lies."
A theory represents an idea about something that happens, has happened or will happen, and is usually based on some kind of observation. Meaning: everything is a theory. A true theory is hardly an oxymoron, and I have all of science to back me on this, unless you're a Young Earth Creationist.

Even in layman's terms, a true theory is not an oxymoron as for a theory to exist you have to presuppose that the conclusion the theory reaches is factual, or at least on the right track.

Finally, a conspiracy theory is when somebody suspects a group of people to be involved in illegal activities. A true conspiracy theory, while rare, is not an oxymoron either, as some conspiracy theories have been proven to be correct (and thus, true).

So *headdesk* back at you.
EndlessMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EndlessMike

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory

" an unproved assumption"
"
speculation"

If something is proven to have happened it's not a theory, it's fact or law.

And the point of what I was saying in the first place has nothing to do with that. Everyone knows a conspiracy can actually happen and the fact that they have actually happened isn't a big deal at all. If the ones you were proving were that aliens actually exist or the truth behind JFK that might be significant but saying "dudes tried to kill Hitler at one point, YOUR MINDS ARE OPEN" is pointless because that's not really that surprising.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Silverain
EndlessMike said:
"http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory

" an unproved assumption"
"
speculation"

If something is proven to have happened it's not a theory, it's fact or law.

And the point of what I was saying in the first place has nothing to do with that. Everyone knows a conspiracy can actually happen and the fact that they have actually happened isn't a big deal at all. If the ones you were proving were that aliens actually exist or the truth behind JFK that might be significant but saying "dudes tried to kill Hitler at one point, YOUR MINDS ARE OPEN" is pointless because that's not really that surprising.
"
OOooooOOOOH, he has Merriam-Webster!

• A well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of ...
  • hypothesis: a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena; "a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"; "he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was ...
  • a belief that can guide behavior; "the architect has a theory that more is less"; "they killed him on the theory that dead men tell no tales"

• The word theory has a number of distinct meanings in different fields of knowledge, depending on their methodologies and the context of discussion.
  • A coherent statement or set of statements that attempts to explain observed phenomena

An explanation for some phenomenon that is based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning.

The body of rules, ideas, principles, and techniques that applies to a particular subject.

A belief in or allegation of a group conspiring, or having conspired, to commit an illegal or wrongful act, or to cover up such an act; especially, such a belief that is rejected by mainstream sources; Hence, any belief that is considered far-fetched by the mainstream; a crackpot theory
    A set of propositions which summarize, organize, and explain a variety of known facts, eg Darwin's theory of evolution. Theories are intended to logically summarise information and to give a framework for the generation of new tests and ideas on the topic.

A comprehensive explanation of a given set of data that has been repeatedly confirmed by observation and experimentation and has gained general acceptance within the scientific community but has not yet been decisively proven. See also hypothesis and scientific law.

a general principle that explains or predicts facts or events

several related propositions that explain some domain of inquiry. Also called a school or paradigm.

General principles derived from a body of scientific data to explain a natural occurrence.

A detailed explanation of the behavior of a physical system based on experiments. Theories may be revised if new data warrant.

Summarizes and puts into order the existing knowledge in a particular area

And here's a conspiracy theory:

A belief in or allegation of a group conspiring, or having conspired, to commit an illegal or wrongful act, or to cover up such an act; especially, such a belief that is rejected by mainstream sources; Hence, any belief that is considered far-fetched by the mainstream; a crackpot theory

One last thing: with the exception of mathematics, "facts" do not exist. "Laws" are what we perceive to be constants that run our universe, but are still not in and of themselves "facts" for the simple reason that it is hypothetically possible to defy them.

And by the way, I was parodying conspiracy theorists. Not actually telling people to open their minds to the point where their brains fall out.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't believe in most conspiricy theories, but I do believe the JFK Assassination Conspiracy to be true.

Also, Silverain is right.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Gunner
    Silverain said:
    "Karmum said:
    "Silverain said:9
    "Karmum said:
    I know what a conspiracy is, I interpreted it in a way that people believe it never happened."
    People today don't believe it (generally; there are definitely some Holocaust-denying idiots that think it never happened somewhere), but people back then probably didn't believe it at first."
    a lot of German citizens to this day still don't believe the holocaust happened. They believe that it was made up by the americans so that they would gain more support for the war (support for the war was being lost just weeks before the first "death camps" started popping up). While and interesting theory, we have documents, eye witnesses, nazi officers confessions and alot more that just put that theory to rest.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By StaticFalconar

Ok the entire list is of conspiracies that never went fully as planned. So WTF should I be getting all shocked about if my mind was really closed and now opened by your link. That's like Saying open your mind, NASA tried to design a spaceship that could travel the speed of light. Well that may have been true (or not), but they failed so why should I care?

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Silverain
    StaticFalconar said:
    "Ok the entire list is of conspiracies that never went fully as planned. So WTF should I be getting all shocked about if my mind was really closed and now opened by your link. That's like Saying open your mind, NASA tried to design a spaceship that could travel the speed of light. Well that may have been true (or not), but they failed so why should I care?"
    1. Operation Snow White didn't fail. It succeeded. The operation they had planned after that failed.

2. Somebody doesn't understand e-sarcasm.
    Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Giantkitty

The problem is that for every one that is true there are at least a hundred that are false. That's the problem of "keeping an open mind" with conspiracy theories. If you don't believe them, you have a 99% chance of being right.