Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Carryboy said:

@SharkEthic said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

i guess why I got drunk after the first 3 litters.

Say what? 3 liters of wine is 4 bottles (750 ml standard), quality wine has an alcohol content of around 14 %, which means that you just drank around 300 ml of pure alcohol over the course of, what sounds like, a fairly short amount of time. You sir, would be neither "mildly" or "maybe a little more than mildly" drunk. Let's say you weigh around 200 lb and is not a veteran alcoholic, that'd make for a blood alcohol percentage of around 0,4 (accounting for a decrease in BAC of 0,01 every 40 minutes), which brings you pretty fucking close to dead.

Either way, drinking and gaming is awesome. Getting buzzed and playing Journey for the first time is one of the best times I've had with a game this generation.

Yeh he/she is trying to come over as cool.

I think drinking by yourself and playing games is pretty sad, playing games with other youve been out drinking can be fun though, Fight night is great as is sumotori for money.

Just have to point out a few things. Firstly, I got tipsy after 1,5 liters, should have said that we drank the 3 litters between us. Secondly, there is nothing cool about being drunk...although it seems to be when you are. But the next day when you realize you've been laughing and crying at the same time due to drunkenness, nothing cool about it. Thirdly, I didn't drink alone. My dad came over, brought some wine we drank it and I became tipsy and sleepy so before I went to sleep it off I played some video games. It was fun. And I think that's about it.

Oh and almost forgot, this thread is fucking stupid. Heh, now I know how God feels!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I rarely drink all that much, but I don't even really like being tipsy when I play games or do anything that requires moderate co-ordination or thought. I feel like I'm nowhere near taking everything in the game in properly when I play intoxicated and I don't like the lack of control I feel like I have over the game.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By bennyboy

I didn't read the thread but I played Mario Kart 64 drunk one time with some of my drunk buddies and we couldn't stay on the Luigi's Circuit track for more five seconds at a time. Afterwards I passed out in my bedroom and woke up the next morning to the site of vomit all over the floor.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MAGZine

Last game I played drunk would've been TF2, in which I got myself, a few buddies, and a few random people on the server far to intoxicated with overzealous TF2 drinking game rules.

Turns out that you die a lot in TF2.

...a LOT.

Fun times. Singleplayer games by yourself drunk isn't fun. If you're playing with or against someone though, it'll almost always enhance to some degree. Unless if it's DotA, in which case, do not recommend.

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Shaka999

Honestly, there's no difference between drunk me & sober me. I know that's hard to believe, but I've come home from partying in college absolutely hammered and played Halo and demolished people. One of my favorites was going +30 some on valhalla, then proceeding to walk to my friends dormroom door and pissing all over his doorknob because that's how drunk i was.

Good times, despite how pissed off he was.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Jrinswand

I drink and play games every day. I'm actually going to start cutting back on my drinking not because I'm scared of alcoholism or anything (I don't have an addictive personality) but because I think it'd be a good way to lose a little weight without actually taking the time to work out. LOL.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Shookems

It made Max Payne 3's campaign better.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By hockeymask27

Gta 4 and mk9 get better the more you drink.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By subject2change

Only thing I'll play drunk is Counter-Strike, cause I've been doing that since college.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SharkEthic

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

@SharkEthic: Wow, slow day?

Hehe, nah, one thing just led to another...and...did I just do fucking math for fun..?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BraveToaster

Maybe you should film a weekly video series of you getting tanked and playing games.

LionsLinden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By LionsLinden

When I was to a private college party and somebodies home we played Mario Kart 64 while all being very drunk. It was hilarious. Driving in the wrong direction and yelling at people that THEY are driving wrong. The best thing though was that most controllers were broken.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@SharkEthic: I think you might have just done. Its ok man, there are people you can talk to.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jking47

Gaming while drunk is great fun. Especially online games. Have a few drinks, hop on some sort of multiplayer game, and start talking mad shit about how badass I am. Then proceed to fuck up everything cause I am drunk. Good times.

When I want to be a bit under the influence and still be good at video games I will smoke some weed before/during. To be honest I usually get better at games after smoking, not sure why but I am okay with it.

championfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By championfetus

I've noticed that being drunk completely overrides my distaste of jump-scares. Dead Space games become much more playable.

phatcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#66  Edited By phatcat

I to this day don't remember what happened in the last third of Bad Company 2 because of jeremiah weed vodka-tea.

veritas146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By veritas146

I usually have a few beers while gaming, but I try to avoid playing anything that would require me to use any real amount of skill. JRPGs are pretty good with alcohol 'cause I tend to be less annoyed by the rediculous dialogue and high pitched voice acting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried that on TF2 once.... bad idea! Haha.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheHumanDove

@Shookems said:

It made Max Payne 3's campaign better.

Hahaha I thought I was the only one who did this. Awesome

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Sploder

In a similar situation. My dad just gave me a bottle of scotch, will let you know how it goes at the weekend.

InYourBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By InYourBrains

it slows down your reaction speed and makes you slow, so getting drunk whilst gaming would be an utter waste of time lol

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By Tarsier

i dont drink but i find that i can get into a 'zone' when i have a couple drinks. i have 1 - 2 drinks at most and i only drink wine for the flavor and i also like guiness beer for the flavor as well. i dont drink unless the liquid has some kind of health benefit and tastes delicious. and i dont get druk . those are my principals

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Mirado

If I'm not drinking with friends, then I always play games while I drink. Stops me from impulse purchasing $3k worth of computer parts. That don't work together. That I have no need for.

...made for some fun calls to Newegg.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jimi

@ajamafalous said:

Dota is hilarious because you don't give a fuck.

seconded

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Clonedzero

i can type perfectly fine even when SUPER trashed. its weird.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MrKlorox

I prefer to play games on copious amounts of cough medicine than alcohol. On alcohol you just do poorly and don't gain any skill. On cough medicine, you still play poorly, but the next time you play sober, you're even better than you were the last time you played sober. It's like running in knee-high water for physical training; when you get back on dry land you're that much stronger/faster. The last time I tried this method, I was playing Alan Wake and trained myself to no longer be inverted on the right stick. I was a hopeless invert since the N64 days, up until a few months ago.

When I drink, I end up getting too chatty while gaming then wake up with a headache, and that's it.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Mahonay

BF3 gets pretty hilarious playing while drunk. I have a smaller gaming community I play with and sometimes we're all having drinks on our respective ends. Good times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played ME3 MP drunk one time. I actually got lost in a map. Keep in mind that all of ME3's MP maps are, on a very high level, just very large donuts. And despite this map being one very large donut, I still got lost.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Lysergica33

@ShaggE said:

It just hit me... playing Amnesia on a hallucinogen. Anybody want to bite that particular bullet?

Speaking from personal experience in dabbling with horror games while on hallucinogens, there are some things that are just a total no-go zone... Amnesia on hallucinogens would be a horrible, horrible idea and would be a fast track to a horrible acid meltdown.

As for playing games drunk... I remember Oblivion morphing into some kind of bizarre transcendent comedy while under the influence. Jumping animations without bending knees have never been so goddamn funny.

sevenLiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By sevenLiter

As of late, the only time I can work up the nerve to play Dark Souls is when I'm buzzed. Man, I've never been better at that game. I do have to stop before too long, though. This is easilly acheived by reminding myself how much wireless XBOX controllers cost.

MrVideoGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MrVideoGames

Playing is not my problem, its the BUYING!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#82  Edited By pyromagnestir

Occasionally some drinking was involved while playing Rock Band with or COD4 with friends. Both were quite fun. There was another thread like this at some point, because I'm pretty sure I've said this before.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By medacris

Every so often, I wouldn't be adverse to taking a couple of shots before I play TF2, but I wouldn't get completely drunk. I want to be at least partially aware of what I'm doing. I don't get high in any circumstance, though, it's not my thing.

@Lysergica33: That sounds hilarious regardless. How can a company with such high production values produce such silly animations?

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#85  Edited By hawkinson76

Often, I don't think it affects my performance, but I do do multiplayer so it is hard to tell.

When the kids are asleep at need to multitask.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Lysergica33

@medacris said:

Every so often, I wouldn't be adverse to taking a couple of shots before I play TF2, but I wouldn't get completely drunk. I want to be at least partially aware of what I'm doing. I don't get high in any circumstance, though, it's not my thing.

@Lysergica33: That sounds hilarious regardless. How can a company with such high production values produce such silly animations?

Lord knows. I wouldn't describe Bethesda games as having particularly high production values though. They have ambition, sure, but Skyrim is the only game they've released so far that even begins to live up to the notion of "high production values," for better or worse.

Between the deformed looking faces, stilted animations, hilariously unrealistic Radiant AI, Oblivion was pretty much a laughing stock to me. Great game but it's about as immersive as a sponge, every time it starts threatening to swallow you whole, you bounce right back out. Alcohol, of course, fixes this... :D

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By intro

I have another drug of choice, so I rarely drink and play games. I really don't like playing games with an altered mind. Although I did get drunk and play Black Ops. Went into gun game with a friend split screen and knifed everyone so they got set back. The matches would end only because the time would run out. The entire time people of all ages were letting me know how much of a faggot I am and told me about the times they fucked my mother.

Guess it could be fun to try again.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ShaggE

@Lysergica33 said:

@ShaggE said:

It just hit me... playing Amnesia on a hallucinogen. Anybody want to bite that particular bullet?

Speaking from personal experience in dabbling with horror games while on hallucinogens, there are some things that are just a total no-go zone... Amnesia on hallucinogens would be a horrible, horrible idea and would be a fast track to a horrible acid meltdown.

Ha, definitely. If anybody were crazy enough to try it, I hope they have at least two strong and experienced spotters.

The only problem is, if you're a horror junkie, all future movies and games will disappoint compared to that experience. (or alternatively, it'll cause enough damage that every horror movie in existence becomes unbearably terrifying, haha)

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Lysergica33

@ShaggE said:

@Lysergica33 said:

@ShaggE said:

Ha, definitely. If anybody were crazy enough to try it, I hope they have at least two strong and experienced spotters.

The only problem is, if you're a horror junkie, all future movies and games will disappoint compared to that experience. (or alternatively, it'll cause enough damage that every horror movie in existence becomes unbearably terrifying, haha)

Well my "experience" with Silent Hill 2 hasn't left me too scarred.. I still enjoy horror games and movies, but it shook me up for a while. Wouldn't recommend it.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By breadfan

Done it a few times, but my game choices were rather poor. Starcraft was a trainwreck, though Civ5 was oddly amazing.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By dungbootle

@ShaggE said:

Not a hallucinogen, but I played Amnesia while high on marijuana. Definitely amplified the immersion, and presumably, the fear, though I wisely quit playing before it got to that point.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By breadfan

Also look up the drinking game 'Drinking and Driving' witb Mario Kart.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ShaggE

@Lysergica33 said:

@ShaggE said:

@Lysergica33 said:

@ShaggE said:

Well my "experience" with Silent Hill 2 hasn't left me too scarred.. I still enjoy horror games and movies, but it shook me up for a while. Wouldn't recommend it.

Now SH2 I would actually try, since I never considered that game "scary", just atmospheric.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Sbaitso

I've been known to play some CounterStrike drunk, but usually on deathmatch servers with like 30 people, so I don't actually have to play, just run around and unload in people's general direction. Random weapons every respawn is especially fun. I've also found that I do better at turn based strategy games when a little buzzed, I think I tend to slow my roll a little and just play, and I think I find it a bit more immediately enjoyable, since I'm terrible at turn based strategy.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#95  Edited By kerse

Its real fun when you play with someone else while drunk, but usually if I play a game while drinking I end up making really dumb decisions and then falling asleep with it on all night.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm slightly surprised at all the people talking about doing drugs.

As for the question related to alcohol, nope, I never drink alcohol. I find it quite disgusting, tastes horrible, makes me feel ill, and I hate the feeling of losing control.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Sbaitso

Also, I've got two words for you people. Garry's Mod.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By singular

@SharkEthic said:

@SinGulaR said:

But drinking alone is just sad.

Why? It's not like drinking alone automatically makes you an alcoholic.

I'm a grown man, with a wife and child. I enjoy the taste of beer, and won't confine myself to having one only in the presence of others. So why exactly do you find that sad? If I were to guess, I'd say it's because you don't know how to appreciate a fine glass of wine or a nice beer, without getting hammered and chugging that shit down with your friends over a game of beer pong.

You're right. I don't appreciate wine and beer because I don't think they taste that great. In my opinion alcohol is a social drug with should be consumed in gatherings such as pasrty or meetings since it helps to reduce inhibitions. I have had my experiences with drinking alone, and I don't consider myself an alcoholic. But beeing drunk alone did nothing to enhance my mood. Also did I mention I think beer and wine taste like shit and are aquired tastes you have to get used to?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MikkaQ

When I'm properly drunk, I find it impossible to give a shit about anything happening on a screen. Just impossible to concentrate.

Mario Kart 64 is my drinking buddies' game of choice, and I'm fucking terrible at it, drunk or otherwise. But when I'm drunk races take too long because I never finish.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#100  Edited By Alexander

I found my Forza 3 performance improved after a tipple.