• 61 results
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By laserbolts

Hi giantbomb. I know there are a few of you out there that are depressed or bummed out by your day to day life but remember that if you are in good health to remain positive. There are some people that are going through alot rougher times than most of us. Just be happy if you are in good health and able to live your life the way you want to. Believe me I have been through some rough times mentally but if you want to, you can get through anything. It is great to be free and alive am I right? Life is a beautiful thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Are you on the drugs?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

you been smoking those funny cigarettes boy?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By laserbolts

Not at all just happy to be in the situation i'm in. I do not need to be on drugs to appreciate the fact that I am in good health and able to do whatever I put my mind to.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Yeah this OP has been constantly apologizing about random crap and making these threads, we should probably be concerned...

But to stay on topic, you don't need sappy advice to stay positive, just watch this:

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By freakin9

We gots health.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By myke_tuna

Thanks, man. I really appreciate it. I'm not bummed out at all, but we could always use some more positivity around these boards. Right, guys?

*crickets*

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By laserbolts

@BestUsernameEver said:

Yeah this OP has been constantly apologizing about random crap and making these threads, we should probably be concerned...

I made one apology thread because of my past actions and one thread reminding people to be happy because they are fortunate enough to be able to chase whatever goals they have. If such positivitity is grounds for concern then so be it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

It is awesome to be alive, I'll agree there, but I must inquire as to the purposes and motivations behind the manifestation of your concern for our well-being. Did you just have a glorious late-night epiphany or have recent events pushed you to spread the word that life can be magnificent?

Nothing wrong with it, by the way, just wondering what it is that's making you say this.

EDIT: Also, how the fuck did I forget this?

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@laserbolts said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

I made one apology thread because of my past actions and one thread reminding people to be happy because they are fortunate enough to be able to chase whatever goals they have. If such positivitity is grounds for concern then so be it.

No, I saw you around multiple threads replying to people hoping they weren't hurt by what you said. The sheer fact that I know that means I should probably go outside for once.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Jeust

Nice thread man! Keep the positive attitude. :)

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By laserbolts

@believer258 said:

It is awesome to be alive, I'll agree there, but I must inquire as to the purposes and motivations behind the manifestation of your concern for our well-being. Did you just have a glorious late-night epiphany or have recent events pushed you to spread the word that life can be magnificent?

Nothing wrong with it, by the way, just wondering what it is that's making you say this.

It is has been a year since my aunt passed away from cancer. She reminded me to be thankful for being able to live day to day. Cancer is a bitch and can come from seriously anywhere it seems. I am just happy to be in good health and figured i'd share my thankfullness in being in good health with the communtity. Seems it wasn't the best idea from some of these responses. Any mods are more than welcome to delete this. Sorry guys.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By laserbolts

@BestUsernameEver said:

@laserbolts said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

No, I saw you around multiple threads replying to people hoping they weren't hurt by what you said. The sheer fact that I know that means I should probably go outside for once.

Believe me I spend quite a bit of time outdoors with my friends. I am just a firm believeer in Karma and wanted to right the wrongs so to speak. Sorry if I worry you in some way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey man, don't mind the downers. It's actually refreshing to see someone having a positive outlook. My life's been rough lately but you gave me a bit of perspective that it could be worse still. Have a great day one and all!

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By freakin9

Oh boy is drama that I wasn't on the ground floor of dull.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By rpgee

I can not think of any more appropriate forumto bring this out:

But yes, duders, being of a more positive mental attitude does wonders. Think about it: life always tends to find a way. Sometimes you'll get dealt the shit cards, and it'll suck, but you'll get the best hand again soon. Exercise. Read a book you enjoy. Talk with friends, even if they're internet ones. Look up pictures of kittens, or cool cars, or hot people, or whatever makes you warm and fuzzy inside.

And, my personal favourite, think about just how miraculous that you as a human are alive, in the most incredible of coincidences that the Earth has produced, and that you can read what some idiot is typing onto a computer.

EDIT: Ah, I see beat me to the punch. Works well at cheering someone up, doesn't it?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Justin258

@laserbolts said:

@believer258 said:

It is has been a year since my aunt passed away from cancer. She reminded me to be thankful for being able to live day to day. Cancer is a bitch and can come from seriously anywhere it seems. I am just happy to be in good health and figured i'd share my thankfullness in being in good health with the communtity. Seems it wasn't the best idea from some of these responses. Any mods are more than welcome to delete this. Sorry guys.

NO!!!!! Don't apologize! Damn, it's not disapproval it's just surprise at the topic. This isn't something that generally comes up on the internet at all. It's usually too full of people busy bitching about the smallest things. No, this is fine!

In the meantime, my grandfather also died of cancer a few years ago. My family and I stayed in the same house with him for two weeks as he slowly declined from complete alertness to an inability to speak and walk at all. He had been fighting it for years but it never seemed like it was going to kill him. Yeah, cancer is hell, but it's better to die from cancer at seventy years old, or even fifty, than to have even lived at all.

Cheer up, bro! Enjoy what you have, while you have it.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By laserbolts

@CrazyBagMan said:

Hey man, don't mind the downers. It's actually refreshing to see someone having a positive outlook. My life's been rough lately but you gave me a bit of perspective that it could be worse still. Have a great day one and all!

Exactly man you can seriously make the best out of anything. It doesn't matter how old or young you are if you want something you can achieve it. That is the beauty of life. Any mistakes or bad decisions you have made you can correct.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sbaitso

Life, it's pretty cool most of the time.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FluxWaveZ

E3's coming up, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Aegon

@freakin9 said:

What order do I need to put those words in for that sentence to make any sense?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By laserbolts

@believer258 said:

@laserbolts said:

@believer258 said:

NO!!!!! Don't apologize! Damn, it's not disapproval it's just surprise at the topic. This isn't something that generally comes up on the internet at all. It's usually too full of people busy bitching about the smallest things. No, this is fine!

In the meantime, my grandfather also died of cancer a few years ago. My family and I stayed in the same house with him for two weeks as he slowly declined from complete alertness to an inability to speak and walk at all. He had been fighting it for years but it never seemed like it was going to kill him. Yeah, cancer is hell, but it's better to die from cancer at seventy years old, or even fifty, than to have even lived at all.

Cheer up, bro! Enjoy what you have, while you have it.

Sorry to hear that man but like you said at least he lived a full life. I have lost people close to me from several illnesses at way too young. I was just thinking about them and how it is almost a roll of the dice in some cases. The fact that most of us are without any serious illnesses is more than enough reason to be thankful and positive. Sure we can complain about minor issues but honestly our own well being and those we love are really all that matters. Thank you for understanding where i'm coming from.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By laserbolts

@FluxWaveZ said:

Embrace what you love and are interested in. I cannot wait for E3 myself because I love video games.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By freakin9

@H2Oyea said:

@freakin9 said:

I'm referring to the people bitching about laserbolt's posting history. I didn't think it was that confusing.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

Health you say?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By laserbolts

@freakin9 said:

@H2Oyea said:

@freakin9 said:

I'm referring to the people bitching about laserbolt's posting history. I didn't think it was that confusing.

Sorry about my posting history. Honestly am trying to right my wrongs and I apologize if I was a dick to you in the past. Peace dude. I am not trolling at all and could really give a shit about the people that think I am.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By freakin9

ok maybe I am being confusing.

I don't even know who the fuck you are dude.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By RobotHamster

I honestly do appreciate it duder, I'm going through what feels like my lowest point in my whole life and every little bit helps. But I'm still staying hopefully that things will look up soon, plus E3 is almost here!

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By laserbolts

@RobotHamster said:

I honestly do appreciate it duder, I'm going through what feels like my lowest point in my whole life and every little bit helps. But I'm still staying hopefully that things will look up soon, plus E3 is almost here!

Indeed. Whatever helps you cope dude. I have been down in the depths myself and after realizing that I have the ability to do anything I put my mind to, I realized that life is not really that bad. Remember you are the one who can make your life better you just have to want it. If you are feeling down just say fuck you to whatever is holding you back and go for it. Life is what you make it.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jonano

Well being the guy that had general anxiety disorder from a chemical imbalance in me brain for years which caused a mix of horrible confidence killing beliefs from said disorder and a rough few years . Yeah I know what you're talking about .Though I'm fine now got help and taught my way out of it using logic and SCIENCE!!!! aka weed .

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@FluxWaveZ said:

Not me, it's going to be a sleeper sadly, unless there's some revelation about the wii U that will be announced that will make me want to buy it immediately or some original games get announced, I might just read the headlines after the fact. Because right now all I am hearing is more gears of war, more god of war, more CoD, more halo, and more SHEEET.

Man, I missed the point of this thread, I should stay positive, so in that case, E3, OHHHH YEAHRERH!

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By laserbolts

@jonano said:

Well being the guy that had general anxiety disorder from a chemical imbalance in me brain for years which caused a mix of horrible confidence killing beliefs from said disorder and a rough few years . Yeah I know what you're talking about .Though I'm fine now got help and taught my way out of it using logic and SCIENCE!!!! aka weed .

Whatever gets you through you're troubles and turmoils. Do not let anyone's judgemental attitude bring you out of your comfort zone. As long as you are comfortable in your own skin that's all that matters. Fuck the haters.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@H2Oyea said:

@freakin9 said:

I'll give it a shot:

• Boy, drama is dull, I wasn't on the floor, OH!.......ground.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BraveToaster

I think that some people don't put enough effort into getting out of rough patches. We spend hours playing video games, trying to get better, but we don't spend nearly as much time trying to reach the next level in life.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By laserbolts

@BraveToaster said:

I think that some people don't put enough effort into getting out of rough patches. We spend hours playing video games, trying to get better, but we don't spend nearly as much time trying to reach the next level in life.

I agree but I do empathize with those of us that do so. I used video games as a crutch for quite some time so I can't say much about it and I am not encouraging giving up on video games by any means I just want people that are bummed out with their current situation to realize that there are endless possiblitlites and opportunities for them if they put their minds to it. All that matters is that you are happy because you only live life once.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BraveToaster

@laserbolts said:

@BraveToaster said:

I agree but I do empathize with those of us that do so. I used video games as a crutch for quite some time so I can't say much about it and I am not encouraging giving up on video games by any means I just want people that are bummed out with their current situation to realize that there are endless possiblitlites and opportunities for them if they put their minds to it. All that matters is that you are happy because you only live life once.

I'm not saying that people should give up on video games, I just think that they need to put more effort into fixing their problems.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@RPGee said:

But yes, duders, being of a more positive mental attitude does wonders. Think about it: life always tends to find a way. Sometimes you'll get dealt the shit cards, and it'll suck, but you'll get the best hand again soon. Exercise. Read a book you enjoy. Talk with friends, even if they're internet ones. Look up pictures of kittens, or cool cars, or hot people, or whatever makes you warm and fuzzy inside.

And, my personal favourite, think about just how miraculous that you as a human are alive, in the most incredible of coincidences that the Earth has produced, and that you can read what some idiot is typing onto a computer.

That's the problem though - it's almost impossible to get a depressed person to understand your point of view and radically change their spiritual status. 
I completely understand and agree with what you're saying, and I feel the same now that I'm employed, thin(ner) and happy, but if this was my 19 year old depressed-as-fuck fat self I would tell you that you "don't get it." 

That is one human race breakthrough that I'd like to see happen before I die. Society being able to convey that message to teenagers, and actually get it through. Have them understand it rather than disregard it as 'cheerful adult talk'. 
Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Riddell

I feel this is appropriate:

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By rpgee

@AhmadMetallic said:

@RPGee said:

That's the problem though - it's almost impossible to get a depressed person to understand your point of view and radically change their spiritual status. I completely understand and agree with what you're saying, and I feel the same now that I'm employed, thin(ner) and happy, but if this was my 19 year old depressed-as-fuck fat self I would tell you that you "don't get it." That is one human race breakthrough that I'd like to see happen before I die. Society being able to convey that message to teenagers, and actually get it through. Have them understand it rather than disregard it as 'cheerful adult talk'.

This is true, and I will acknowledge that I only have a limited experience with (chemically-induced) depression. A couple of years ago, I was taking Roaccutane (or Accutane, as some know it) and ended up becoming very depressed. It was, without doubt, the most horrible I've ever felt, and I never want it to happen again. The way I got around my depression, since it literally couldn't go away until the Roaccutane got out of my system 6 months later, was to do those things I listed, while not doing things that helped me wallow, and that legitimately helped. Especially the last one, where I'd get perspective of the world, and think about just how fucking lucky we all are to be alive at all. Marvels of the universe, man.

Sorry for the ramble. I guess what I'm trying to say is, depression is probably best fought by focusing on what makes you legitimately happy and keeping away from what helps fuel depression. It's never easy, but it can truely help.

And I'll absolutely agree on your view on teenagers, better communication is needed, so that less mistakes are made, etc. Unfortunately, neither side trusts the other. I think this encapsulates one side:

Part of the angst-y period, I presume.
Part of the angst-y period, I presume.
ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ComradeKhan

chyea duuuude 

but seriously.. Never underestimate the power of positive thoughts

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#41  Edited By alistercat

I'm not in good health soooo... does that mean I should be extra depressed?

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@Soapy86 said:

Are you on the drugs?

He is on the drugs yes.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Discorsi

#staybased

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#44  Edited By Claude

You never look for redemption, it just happens over time. To crawl out of the darkness, it takes small steps to reach the finish line. And once you reach it, life is at hand.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NathHaw

Always so positive.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#46  Edited By Claude
@nrh79: That was so worth it.
bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By bigdaddy81

I always look to this classic when I'm feeling blue.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#48  Edited By Yummylee

@BigDaddy81 said:

I always look to this classic when I'm feeling blue.

Usually I'd assume that was a funny dub someone did... but no, authentic DBZ dialogue right there. And to think at one point I thought DBZ was what I considered the coolest thing ever @_@

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sooty

I need to be more positive, I've been extremely doom and gloom lately and my last girlfriend being passive aggressive really didn't help.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I am exactly 1 hour into Max Payne 3 on the PC and..... This is Max Payne. The way it should be on the PC. 

I couldn't be happier right now if I got paid for it.