Question about Obama failing to get Olympics 2016 in Chicago.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Supafly777

No Caption Provided
Does this make the Olympic Committee a bunch of racists? LOL!
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

No. I think the media is making a big deal out of nothing.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I don't see the connection between racism and the Chicago Olympics

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By breadfan
@natetodamax said:
" I don't see the connection between racism and the Chicago Olympics "
He's trying to be witty and failing at it.  
pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pweidman

This subject is more about South America finally getting the opportunity to host the games.  Good for Rio, and Brazil and SA moreover.  Chicago will get another chance in the future.  Obama has much bigger 'fish  to fry' with all the issues facing this country currently....and that's what his focus will be as it should be.
sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sdauz

dude im australian and all i have 2 say looking at the US is that President Obama has bigger problems 2 deal with that the bloody Olympics...and pweidman is right good for South America getting the Olympics, it has nothing to do with racism 

Avatar image for govermentcheese
govermentcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By govermentcheese

Right on brother give it two days and Rev  Jesse Jackson And Rev Al Sharpton will be beating the drums of racism and slavery. They should have a special racist zsar to look into it.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten

TOTALLY RACIST! 
I mean, take the Olympics away from Chicago because Obama is black, and then giving it to some other black people in Brazil. That's totally racist!... 
Wait a minute.. What? Makes no sense... 'confused' 'mind explodes' 'lost 40 faith point in human race. Current Faith in Humans = -442'

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Supafly777
@pweidman said:
"This subject is more about South America finally getting the opportunity to host the games.  Good for Rio, and Brazil and SA moreover.  Chicago will get another chance in the future.  Obama has much bigger 'fish  to fry' with all the issues facing this country currently....and that's what his focus will be as it should be."
This is true, so why was he in Denmark instead of focusing on the issues, such as getting more troops in Afghanistan? Shows you where his priorities lie!

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Supafly777
@govermentcheese said:
"Right on brother give it two days and Rev  Jesse Jackson And Rev Al Sharpton will be beating the drums of racism and slavery. They should have a special racist zsar to look into it."
LOL!
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Snipzor

LOL! 

Ugh, I felt dumb writing that. Does anyone actually care that it isn't going to Chicago, or that it is going to Rio? Am I nuts for thinking that people are making a big deal out of nothing?

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Supafly777
@Snipzor said:
"LOL!  Ugh, I felt dumb writing that. Does anyone actually care that it isn't going to Chicago, or that it is going to Rio? Am I nuts for thinking that people are making a big deal out of nothing?"
I don't really care that it isn't going to Chicago, It's just funny to me that Obama,his wife Michelle, and Opera Winfrey went over there like bunch of rockstars, thinking they had this thing in the bag, and then they all get bitch slapped by the IOC, that's what I care about, I love it!
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13  Edited By damnboyadvance

Way to represent our country, ladies!

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Snipzor
@Supafly777 said:
" @Snipzor said:
"LOL!  Ugh, I felt dumb writing that. Does anyone actually care that it isn't going to Chicago, or that it is going to Rio? Am I nuts for thinking that people are making a big deal out of nothing?"
I don't really care that it isn't going to Chicago, It's just funny to me that Obama,his wife Michelle, and Opera Winfrey went over there like bunch of rockstars, thinking they had this thing in the bag, and then they all get bitch slapped by the IOC, that's what I care about, I love it! "
So you are just ecstatic that they rejected Chicago, for political reasons. 

You are aware that they voted for Rio because it was a better city right? Also they didn't vote for Chicago because of they were they, you do know this right? Are you just using this as a temporary victory to make you feel better? I'm going to guess you cheered Rush on as he whined about Kevin Jennings.
Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Smarter_Martyr

Rio's got that ass!!!!

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Supafly777
@Snipzor said:

"@Supafly777 said:

" @Snipzor said:
I don't really care that it isn't going to Chicago, It's just funny to me that Obama,his wife Michelle, and Opera Winfrey went over there like bunch of rockstars, thinking they had this thing in the bag, and then they all get bitch slapped by the IOC, that's what I care about, I love it! "
  You are aware that they voted for Rio because it was a better city right? Also they didn't vote for Chicago because of they were they, you do know this right? Are you just using this as a temporary victory to make you feel better?
 They sure didn't help the situation, they most likely made it worse. Presidents don't do this sort of thing, and this victory is just one of many. 
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By KowalskiManDown

The London 2012 olympics will be the beginning of the apocalypse...

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By me3639

3 ways to look at this waste of time:

1. Lets see, Rio offers topless beaches, some of the most beutiful woman on the planet,......mmmm.
On the other hand chicago offers, well, kids stomping on the head of other kids, crime, no education, and you brought over  a billionaire and offered no handouts(wink).....mmmmmm.

Tough decision. 

I guess we will go with Rio. 

2. Nobody gives a fuck except for those who were going to get greased to build a bunch of new stadiums, roads, hotels that will be empty after the Olympics are over.

3. Denmarks ability to rebuke the Powers of the Dark(get it) side have me optimistic an alliance against the evil forces of the government are finally near.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Snipzor
@Supafly777 said:
" @Snipzor said:

"@Supafly777 said:

" @Snipzor said:
  You are aware that they voted for Rio because it was a better city right? Also they didn't vote for Chicago because of they were they, you do know this right? Are you just using this as a temporary victory to make you feel better?
 "They sure didn't help the situation", they most likely made it worse. Presidents don't do this sort of thing, and this victory is just one of many.  "
And you base this quote above on what (The one I put in quotes inside the quotes)? So when you have idiots call Van Jones a communist (Based on something he called himself in college), Ezekiel Emmanuel a supporter of population control (Even though he discussed this in an essay he wrote also a while ago, and not even supporting it) and soon to be Director of the Office Safe and Drug Free Schools Kevin Jennings, being called a supporter of pedophilia and rape... where am I going with this? 

Oh yeah, this isn't exactly the kind of victory I would want to associate myself with. It's like if I cheated in a game of Risk by giving my friends laxatives and having a rule that states walking out on the game defines surrender, I don't exactly win when the last guy realizes shitting his pants won't be favorable when he drives home. What's the end point I'm trying to make here? Well I lost it, so I think this handy phrase will pretty much sum up what I've been trying to say. 

Don't be a lying douche.
PISTOLcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PISTOLcm
@govermentcheese said:
" Right on brother give it two days and Rev  Jesse Jackson And Rev Al Sharpton will be beating the drums of racism and slavery. They should have a special racist zsar to look into it. "
Woah now, calm down Glen Beck.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ninjakiller

Right-wing media lost their minds about this.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By breadfan
@ninjakiller said:
Right-wing media lost their minds about this.
They are getting desperate lately.  Looking for anything and everything to call Obama out on.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#23  Edited By AgentJ
@Supafly777 said:
" @Snipzor said:
If they thought they had it in the bag they wouldn't have gone in the first place. Also, seriously; do righ twing nutjobs like yourself hate Obama so much that you'd rather your own country didn't get the Olympics than let him succeed? 
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Baillie

We have the olympics, I did not care if america got it, glad they didn't, to be honest. Mon the Rio.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By myke_tuna

Rio needed it. South America is part of the world too. We (the USA) have hosted the Olympics twice recently (Atlanta and LA), right? Idk. I don't really watch the Olympics. I watched in 2000 and 2008. But I heard this is the first time S. America is host. So, you know. Maybe 2020 or something.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#26  Edited By sjschmidt93

The thing that fails here is that idiots like you automatically associate something like this to racism.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Man, they sure do decide these locations early.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#28  Edited By AgentJ
@Vito_Raliffe said:
" Man, they sure do decide these locations early. "
They have to. It costs a lot of money and takes a lot of preparation (security, construction of the facilities)
eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By eclipsesis
@Supafly777: Well no, its being held in Brazil for goodness sake 
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Ever driven on the highways around Chicago? They would descend into complete anarchy if the Olympics were ever held there.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#31  Edited By citizenkane