• 103 results
mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By mzuckerm
@Inkerman:  Where are you getting these numbers?  The number I came across with a quick Google search was a high estimate of 2500 ( from CNN).  This site has a similar number.  Regardless, I'm not so far removed from being 16/17 years old that I can't put myself in their shoes a bit.  And I remember being able to recognize the difference between right and wrong at the time.  I'm sure some of those individuals don't deserve it; I'm also sure that a handful of them are probably actually innocent of the crimes for which they were convicted.  But I don't have any problem with life sentences for murder.  The state is showing them more mercy than they showed their victims.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Meowshi
@Scooper said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @Scooper said:
" @ryanwho said:

"Most people in positions of power aren't atheist. Must mean religious people have more drive, right? No. False correlations. "

Most people (Infact, 99.9% of politicians) in power will not be openly Atheist because if they do they do not get voted for. That's simple. That's more worrying I think that a country that's meant to be free and open to all religions and creeds where you have to conform to 1 belief to have any chance of attaining any sort of power to how your country is run. That's not safe or logical. "
So people in power are secret atheists and everyone in prison was religious before going into prison. You're molding your own narrative out of thin air, bro. "
 I'm also sure there's prisoners of a percentage greater than 0.2% that are Atheist but won't ever be open about it because if they did they'd be murdered. Imagine being openly Atheist in the prisons of the southern bible belt. You'd be killed before breakfast.

You've never stepped foot in the American South, have you?
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Meowshi
@Scooper said:
" @ryanwho said:

"Most people in positions of power aren't atheist. Must mean religious people have more drive, right? No. False correlations. "

Most people (Infact, 99.9% of politicians) in power will not be openly Atheist because if they do they do not get voted for. That's simple. That's more worrying I think that a country that's meant to be free and open to all religions and creeds where you have to conform to 1 belief to have any chance of attaining any sort of power to how your country is run. That's not safe or logical. "  
What about the flip-side? 

How common are Christians in British politics? 

I don't actually know so this might not be the stinging retort I think it is.