Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mageman

@Sooty said:

Surprise surprise. How many more lives need to be lost to tighten gun laws in America?

and agree with @Bourbon_Warrior: there's too many guns in circulation now, but they should still make it at least a little challenging to get a gun, the fact Walmarts sell guns creeps me out.

There is no correlation between gun laws and crime, Switzerland, Austria, Canada and Serbia also have pretty lax gun laws and it does not spike up the crime rate, that is a fact .

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Mageman said:

@Toadie said:

@Mageman: That is absolutely no excuse to try to limit guns to people that use them for ill. If you keep using that excuse for everything, you may as well lay down and let every terrible thing in the world roll over us and do nothing. And guess what, law abiding citizens shouldn't need these guns, its only because we allow them that that is even a thought.

But they do need them, it's not moral to disallow someone's right to defend his home.

Switzerland, Austria and Serbia also have quite liberal gun laws yet that does not cause horrible gun crime there, it's an American phenomenon and gun laws have nothing to do with it. As I said, if that guy couldn't get guns legally he would waste an additional 30 min of his pathetic life and get them illegally.

I think the only conceivable way to get alot of illegal guns of the street is for the government to offer like 2000 dollars a gun, in a no questions asked take illegal gun and heres your money situation. That is how fucked up shit has gotten that this is the only option that could ever work.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@SirOptimusPrime said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I wonder how many of these recent incidents (2010-2012) happened in the U.S. compared to other countries.

I don't know, but something similar happened in China earlier today (EST). Read as: World is fucked, not just us :|

Christ, today? Well, I'm speechless.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By leebmx

All this goes to show is that more people should have guns. Just think, if all the children and teachers had been armed they would have been able to defend themselves.

/sarcasm

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By FilipHolm

I'm speechless right now.

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mageman

@TheHT said:

@Mageman said:

@Toadie said:

@Mageman: That is absolutely no excuse to try to limit guns to people that use them for ill. If you keep using that excuse for everything, you may as well lay down and let every terrible thing in the world roll over us and do nothing. And guess what, law abiding citizens shouldn't need these guns, its only because we allow them that that is even a thought.

But they do need them, it's not moral to disallow someone's right to defend his home.

Stricter gun laws = automatic removal of right to defend home?

Does not compute.

I'm confused as to how stricter gun laws make lives for people with criminal intent that much harder.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Sooty said:

Surprise surprise. How many more lives need to be lost to tighten gun laws in America?

and agree with @Bourbon_Warrior: there's too many guns in circulation now, but they should still make it at least a little challenging to get a gun, the fact Walmarts sell guns creeps me out.

They used to sell you as much ammo as you wanted as well before Micheal Moores movie "Bowling for Columbine".

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Matterless

I think it's safe to say that this is not "what the Founders intended."

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By kraznor

Question: What value is this story to anyone who isn't immediately connected to the victims of the crime? It was an isolated incident, parent of one of the kids, probably had some mental issues and snapped. That's it. Making a ruckus about it just seems silly, to dwell on misery and sadness when it isn't even connected to your life.

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mageman

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Mageman said:

@Toadie said:

Switzerland, Austria and Serbia also have quite liberal gun laws yet that does not cause horrible gun crime there, it's an American phenomenon and gun laws have nothing to do with it. As I said, if that guy couldn't get guns legally he would waste an additional 30 min of his pathetic life and get them illegally.

I think the only conceivable way to get alot of illegal guns of the street is for the government to offer like 2000 dollars a gun, in a no questions asked take illegal gun and heres your money situation. That is how fucked up shit has gotten that this is the only option that could ever work.

I guess, a pretty bizarre scenario to imagine but it might make things a bit better.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Mirado

The school is only Kindergarten to 4th grade, jesus. This is a fucking nightmare; my heart goes out to all involved.

We need to start talking about ways of identifying and treating individuals who would do horrible things like this, because if they didn't have guns, it'd be a bomb or a crossbow or a fucking rock tied to a stick.

At this point, it seems to me that all the fucking insane people already have guns (I don't mean everyone that has a gun is crazy, but that everyone who is crazy already has one. Big difference.), and UK style gun laws would keep normal people from getting their hands on them.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By Hizang

That sucks, who would go out of there way to kill children.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By TheHT

@Mageman said:

@TheHT said:

@Mageman said:

@Toadie said:

Does not compute.

I'm confused as to how stricter gun laws make lives for people with criminal intent that much harder.

Hm? I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the logical leap you made.

And someone else's seemingly illogical connection doesn't give you a pass on making your own.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By JasonR86

Well that guy is in hell.

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By panvixyl

@Degringolade said:

I think it's safe to say that this is not "what the Founders intended."

Why does anyone even give a fuck about the "Founders" anyway - they didn't intend for women or blacks to get the vote either. Just because something is old does not mean it's better.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Kraznor said:

Question: What value is this story to anyone who isn't immediately connected to the victims of the crime? It was an isolated incident, parent of one of the kids, probably had some mental issues and snapped. That's it. Making a ruckus about it just seems silly, to dwell on misery and sadness when it isn't even connected to your life.

Heh, I can't believe this. I thought I was real unsympathetic, but you take it to a whole other level.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AthleticShark

People kill people.

Anyone who honestly thinks that having stricter gun laws would have prevented this are delusional. Someone as sick as this, someone who had the urge to kill kids, would have found a way to get a gun no matter what. Just as easy as getting drugs. Instead of teenage drug dealers, we would have teenage arms dealers.

Let us worry about the victims and get the story first. What bothers me the most is the fact the bastard took his own life. What the fuck.

EDIT: Also http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/14/china-knife-attack-school.html

A man in china stabbed 22 school children with a Knife. Are we gonna Ban knives to now?

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FritzDude

Just... why?

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Mageman

@TheHT said:

@Mageman said:

@TheHT said:

@Mageman said:

@Toadie said:

Does not compute.

And someone else's seemingly illogical connection doesn't give you a pass on making your own.

What the fuck do stricter gun laws even mean. They can be anything from limiting types of weapons and bullet purchases or certification needed to complete removal. Be specific.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Kraznor said:

Human empathy. I can see since you're a space alien that you have trouble understanding what that means. Basically, people can put themselves in the shoes of the family members and can very easily picture what it could be like to lose someone that young in your life. Me? I've got two sisters. One is 15, the other is 9. That could have been my sister. It wasn't, but I can easily understand how horrible this situation must be for those involved.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By napalm

@Kraznor said:

Don't be that guy.

ultra2extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ultra2extreme

You americans and your constitutional rights. You give up all your freedoms because of fear of terrorists but you keep your guns so that psycho's can shoot at kids. Guns are for cowards, an angry 150lb man without a gun is a pain in the ass, you give him automatic weapons he is a walking nightmare. Sort it out and demand gun control.

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Matterless

RT acarvin CT has put out a call to other states for more medical examiners. They don't have enough of them to do all the autopsies.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Mageman said:

@TheHT said:

@Mageman said:

@TheHT said:

@Mageman said:

@Toadie said:

Does not compute.

What the fuck do stricter gun laws even mean. They can be anything from limiting types of weapons and bullet purchases or certification needed to complete removal. Be specific.

I would say the type of guns you can own, the amount of ammunition, if you are only using it to defend your home you need no more that 6 bullets. Having to have a clean record and having to go on a 6 month par time course to be able to own a gun then another 6 month waiting time after that.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By TheHT

@Mageman said:

@TheHT said:

@Mageman said:

@TheHT said:

@Mageman said:

@Toadie said:

Does not compute.

That's exactly the point. Someone suggests "stricter gun laws" and all of the sudden no one has the right to defend their homes. The conversation hadn't even gotten to the particulars before you cried foul.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@HellBound said:

EDIT: Also http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/14/china-knife-attack-school.html

A man in china stabbed 22 school children with a Knife. Are we gonna Ban knives to now?

I'm not taking a position on gun laws here, but what's easier to execute: a gun massacre or a knife massacre? Because I feel like the gun wins, so that comparison isn't really worth making.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By AthleticShark

@FluxWaveZ said:

@HellBound said:

I'm not taking a position on gun laws here, but what's easier to execute: a gun massacre or a knife massacre? Because I feel like the gun wins, so that comparison isn't really worth making.

Of course it is. People demand control of a violent weapon that they think will automatically solve this problem. Take a gun away and they will find something else. Homemade bombs. Any idiot can google that and make one. What are you gonna do then? Control common chemicals? Also how does making something "easier to execute" make any sense? The guy with the Knife managed to get 22 kids without a problem.

People look for the "easiest" solution in their minds without actually thinking about it. Making sense of a tragedy is fine, but making leaps on how to solve the problem without even giving it thought is sad.

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Matterless

Of the 12 deadliest shooting attacks in US history, six have occurred since 2007. This has steadily been getting worse. http://wapo.st/PsjZCO

JordanK85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By JordanK85

Anyone who would do one of these mass shootings is obviously a mentally unhealthy individual. I would suggest that part of the solution is more access to and better integration of mental health services as well as more education about mental health issues to help remove stigmas attached to mental illness and help people identify issues before they become serious problems.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#81  Edited By musubi
@OneManX

This makes me sick... I know it's near impossible to weed out the crazies from owning guns, but yeah... we need to leash in these guns out in the wild.

Thing is you aren't going to do that. There are TONS of people with unregistered guns. You can't and won't stop this shit with more restrictive gun laws because there are thousands of guns that are out there that are unregistered. And without probable cause you can't have the cops raid someone's house. I do agree we should retool the screening process for buying guns but the sad truth is even if we required bi-yearly psych checks for registered gun owners shit is still going to slip through.
haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By haffy

@HellBound said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@HellBound said:

Of course it is. People demand control of a violent weapon that they think will automatically solve this problem. Take a gun away and they will find something else. Homemade bombs. Any idiot can google that and make one. What are you gonna do then? Control common chemicals? Also how does making something "easier to execute" make any sense? The guy with the Knife managed to get 22 kids without a problem.

People look for the "easiest" solution in their minds without actually thinking about it. Making sense of a tragedy is fine, but making leaps on how to solve the problem without even giving it thought is sad.

Killing someone with a knife and a gun are two completely different things.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AthleticShark

@JordanK85 said:

Anyone who would do one of these mass shootings is obviously a mentally unhealthy individual. I would suggest that part of the solution is more access to and better integration of mental health services as well as more education about mental health issues to help remove stigmas attached to mental illness and help people identify issues before they become serious problems.

I agree, sadly I don't think it would affect a lot of people. Someone that kills kids I just can't see "getting help". Also, most of the time spree killings like this are spare of the moment. Blind rage. No premeditation so for that case, this also would not help. Of course we still don't know the full story, but my point is, there is no absolute solution.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By spartanlolz92

@Jams said:

@Mirado said:

Shit is spiraling out of control. What the fuck is going wrong with people?

I don't know man. The crazies are coming out of the wood works lately. All this terrible shit happening. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything but it seems like it ramping up and we're getting closer to 12/21/12.

Really intense natural disasters, threats of attacks from Iran, What's happening in Syria, the deficit, all these nutty fucks snapping and going on shooting sprees....

stuff like this tends to happen around christmas, and the holidays. There is also a spike in suicides around this time of year

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By Milkman

@HellBound said:

People kill people.

Anyone who honestly thinks that having stricter gun laws would have prevented this are delusional. Someone as sick as this, someone who had the urge to kill kids, would have found a way to get a gun no matter what. Just as easy as getting drugs. Instead of teenage drug dealers, we would have teenage arms dealers.

Let us worry about the victims and get the story first. What bothers me the most is the fact the bastard took his own life. What the fuck.

This is the first problem. The idea that any person who does something like this is an irredeemable monster. And I'm not saying this guy isn't but at one time, he wasn't. This guy needed help, not a gun. But in this country, if you talk about your problems you're a pussy and if you go to a therapist you're a freak. We should be talking about gun control and mental health reform because they go hand in hand.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By AthleticShark

@haffy said:

@HellBound said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@HellBound said:

How? It is ok to kill people with a knife, but when a gun is used it is somehow worse? Please explain yourself.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MikeGosot

Here in Brazil, you can't buy guns legally. Owning a gun is illegal, and yet, we've had a school shooting. A kid ran away and warned the cops about it. The cops came armed, but the man killed himself before he was caught. So, we have gun control in an extreme level, and yet, there was an school shooting.
In my own school, there was a boy who brought a gun in there to shoot a kid, but fortunately, they discovered his gun before he could do anything.
GUN CONTROL LAWS WON'T DO ANYTHING TO STOP CRAZY PEOPLE. 
Also, just a question, since i don't understand much about American laws... Can you bring a gun to a school in America?

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By haffy

@HellBound said:

@haffy said:

@HellBound said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@HellBound said:

How? It is ok to kill people with a knife, but when a gun is used it is somehow worse? Please explain yourself.

Where did I say it was alright to kill someone with a knife? It's psychologically much harder to get in someones personal space and kill them, regardless of the weapon. Since you can't kill people at distance like a gun, it's going to be much more difficult to kill someone with a knife.

Also I don't really think it's the gun laws. It's the fucking media is pathetic. I think the media is the main reason this kind of shit happens. It gets reported on repeatedly and fucking celebrity status to anyone doing this shit,

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AthleticShark

@Milkman said:

@HellBound said:

People kill people.

This is the first problem. The idea that any person who does something like this is an irredeemable monster. And I'm not saying this guy isn't but at one time, he wasn't. This guy needed help, not a gun. But in this country, if you talk about your problems you're a pussy and if you go to a therapist you're a freak. We should be talking about gun control and mental health reform because they go hand in hand.

I agree with you. The point I want to make is that there is no absolute solution. Thins like this will still happen some way or another if a person is determined enough. Perhaps having these "Stricter" gun laws would have deterred this person away, but if someone is determined enough, they will find a way. Illegal guns on the street would be just more common. I would think people would see this correlation with the illegal drugs out there.

Nals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Nals

@haffy said:

@HellBound said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@HellBound said:

Your right. When you use a knife/C&C you run on adrenaline, when you use a gun you put more thought into it.

Oh wait, that means a guy who stabs a bunch of unarmed people with a knife will go further. That doesn't help this silly argument at all!

Shut the fuck up about guns and gun control. All the evidence about guns and gun control has pointed the exact opposite way, that guns and increased availability of guns do not increase gun violence. Sweden, Switzerland, and Washington State are prime examples of this, though you could easily find more. As it is, the kids are still warm, and you sick fucks are using them as a platform for your political beliefs. You should be fucking ashamed of yourselves. This thread should be about mourning, information, and perhaps talk about why things like this happen, not how good/bad guns are.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Demoskinos said:

@OneManX

This makes me sick... I know it's near impossible to weed out the crazies from owning guns, but yeah... we need to leash in these guns out in the wild.

Thing is you aren't going to do that. There are TONS of people with unregistered guns. You can't and won't stop this shit with more restrictive gun laws because there are thousands of guns that are out there that are unregistered. And without probable cause you can't have the cops raid someone's house. I do agree we should retool the screening process for buying guns but the sad truth is even if we required bi-yearly psych checks for registered gun owners shit is still going to slip through.

You offer money for the illegal guns in a no questions asked program, you pay over $1000 for each illegal weapon. The arms dealer is going to make a hell of alot more money from that than to selling it to a paranoid crack head for a few hundred. It's the only way it would work.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#92  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@MikeGosot said:

GUN CONTROL LAWS WON'T DO ANYTHING TO STOP CRAZY PEOPLE. Also, just a question, since i don't understand much about American laws... Can you bring a gun to a school in America?

You can't bring a water pistol to American high schools without repercussion.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By spartanlolz92

@HellBound said:

@JordanK85 said:

I agree, sadly I don't think it would affect a lot of people. Someone that kills kids I just can't see "getting help". Also, most of the time spree killings like this are spare of the moment. Blind rage. No premeditation so for that case, this also would not help. Of course we still don't know the full story, but my point is, there is no absolute solution.

:( sad truth most people who need to see a psychologist dont.

Kyodra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#94  Edited By Kyodra

I believe that the increase in these kind of incidents is related to general unhappiness in our societies as well as the amount of guns people have. If everyone would feel safe, financially stable, have equal chances to succeed and have someone to talk to if troubled, then these kind of incidents would certainly go down. I know in my country two of these kind of incidents happened in succeeding years after a decade of lowered resources on youth mental healthcare, it had never happened before.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I certainly hope the amount of victims will be overestimated by the media reports.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By AthleticShark

@haffy said:

@HellBound said:

@haffy said:

@HellBound said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@HellBound said:

Where did I say it was alright to kill someone with a knife? It's psychologically much harder to get in someones personal space and kill them, regardless of the weapon. Since you can't kill people at distance like a gun, it's going to be much more difficult to kill someone with a knife.

Also I don't really think it's the gun laws. It's the fucking media is pathetic. I think the media is the main reason this kind of shit happens. It gets reported on repeatedly and fucking celebrity status to anyone doing this shit,

But someone DID. Of course it is harder, but it happened and could happen again. Just because something is harder to do does not mean it is less likely to happen with an occurrence like this. If someone is determined to do something they will find a way.

I agree with you somewhat on the media, but the fact it has been young kids doing this lately is very...I just don't know.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SomeDeliCook
@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Why would somebody do that. What is to be gained from shooting at children.

The same gained from shooting anyone else: Nothing
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#97  Edited By musubi
@Milkman

@HellBound said:

People kill people.

DING DING DING. Taking care of your mental health in this country is stigmatized to all hell. So people dont. We ignore the people who need help and point and laugh at "that crazy guy" then when he snaps we wonder why. We need to take peoples problems seriously and help them. Morebgun control isn't the solution better mental health care is the solution.
panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By panvixyl

Hey, gun nuts touting the Chinese stabber as an excuse for why guns don't need greater restrictions put on them? YOU ARE ALL FORGETTING THAT NONE OF THOSE KIDS DIED.

@MikeGosot: Truly sorry to hear about that - but it's worth noting that almost all school shootings throughout the WORLD have happened in the USA and that almost all of those guns were obtained legally.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By AthleticShark

@spartanlolz92 said:

@HellBound said:

@JordanK85 said:

:( sad truth most people who need to see a psychologist dont.

And most of the time it is because they don't believe they are sick. Just little kids...

I mean every shooting is bad, Virgina Tech and Columbine are just as bad. Defenseless people.

I live states away yet I can't help be in mourning right now. I wish I could do something to help instead of sitting here.