foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By foggel

Oh man.

Earlier today I felt a little hungry, so I called a buddy of mine and asked if he wanted to join me and grab something to eat. He suggested Subway, and I was like hell yeah, sounds good... And so it began. I parked my car a five minute walk away from the restaurant.

I am used to Subway, and other restaurants with equivalent concepts to have an open door as long as the restaurant is open, so not realizing there was a glass door present, I just continued walking and BAM, my face hit the door with a non-christian full frontal hug. I hit my nose so hard, my eyes were getting all moist.

The most embarrassing moment of my adult life. As I went into the restaurant I saw a blurry flock of people restraining themselves from laughing. So yeah, in an attempt to loosen the tension I said "THAT - was pretty embarrassing". And the people just started laughing more. 

What, do they polish the door for like an hour every morning before opening? It was crystal clear!

Luckilly my friend arrived just after this incident (I told him about it though), so I quickly ordered my footlong taco sub, and left. When I left I could see a facially shaped smudge in the middle of the glass door, much, I guess, to the opening shifts annoyance.

Anyone else who have experienced something embarrassing lately? Man, it helps to talk about it :P

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Adamantium

Lolz. Been there, done that. Funny stuff man, good job on cracking wise to ease the embarrassment.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By cap123

haha i did that when i was about 6 or 7 when i was holiday. Luckily there was no one around, however i was running FULL PELT because i was lost and panicing a bit, holy hell did that hurt. Suprised the glass didn't smash but i was only small.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob

Keep the doors open? In December? I guess its pretty damn hot where you live.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie

I had a friend who punched a glass door and cut all his hand up

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I ran into a glass door when I was like 8 years old. I was seriously running and I'm surprised it didn't even crack the door (or my nose for that matter).

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By dbz1995

Its karma for eating meat. Goatman will kill you soon.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Jace

Christian side hug.......... I just...........=(.

DewRequired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DewRequired

Haha that's pretty good dude, I know a few people that have walked into glass doors but it's always like sliding glass doors in your house or whatever.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By beargirl1

GIMME DAT CHRISTIAN SIDE HUG!  
that is pretty bad.. but it's cool of you to joke about it :P 

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CandleJakk

I did a similar thing on one of those school "outdoor pursuit holidays" in The Lake District, Cumbria (UK). We were staying for a couple of nights in these mountain huts near the base of Helvelynn. Due to logistical reasons, my group had to sleep in one hut, but eat in another. After getting changed in the hut we were sleeping in, I ran across to the other hut for dinner. It was very dark (it was December), and it was raining. I ran like a mad bastard on fire, and I could see a wide sliver of light where (I thought) the door was. I ran full tilt into a double glazed window.

I broke my nose, and there was blood everywhere. I was 15.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By damnboyadvance

Yeah, something similar happened to my mom when I was young. She was cleaning the windows, and she fell through them. She was lucky the glass didn't split her or anything.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

I've seen someone actually run through a glass door. Was at a friends house and we were holding this door closed so she couldn't get it. Being a bit retarded, she decided to charge hands first at it, running straight through the glass. There were actually bits of skin attached to the glass still left attached to the door, so she had to go to hospital to get all stitched up while we were left to clean up the bits of skin and blood left behind. Was pretty mental when it happened but hilarious at the same time - she was fine, just some cuts to her hands.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead

The worst is walking into an open door, as in when the door is open, you walk into the thin part. I had a cut on my head from doing that once and it was a bitch to explain.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Snail

Once I went straight into a mirror. I was in one of those fucking mirror houses and couldn't tell what was a mirror from what wasn't.

MrKart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrKart

I did that over the summer at our 4th of July party. The glass was so clear. 

And my nephew just did it on our trip to Disneyworld. He turned the corner and literally sprinted straight into it--I'm surprised it didn't break. He was crying for like an hour.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hitchenson
@Snail said:
" Once I went straight into a mirror. I was in one of those fucking mirror houses and couldn't tell what was a mirror from what wasn't. "
So you walked at your own reflection? KK.
toadstule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By toadstule

I saw that happen recently. Not gonna lie, I laughed. But glad to hear that didn't take it seriously. Subway probably used some of that Windex on that window.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Ineedaname

About a month back, I was walking to go to the pub with some friends and we were looking for one with the football (Soccer) match we wanted to watch on, and I looked through a window, and found the right pub, so I look back and am like "guys this one has the football on" as I turn to look ahead my face is greeted with the cold, unforgiving and humiliating touch of metal, from a lamppost, needless to say everyone laughed.

Every so often when I'm sat there with one of my friends she'll start laughing, and if I ask why, she'll say "You walked into a lamppost"

I feel your pain, and it's a shameful one.

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bekern

I have a sliding glass door and my dog does that like every day lol. I've done it a couple times but the worst was when i was having a party at my house. There is a screen sliding part and a glass part and I didn't realise both of them were closed so I opened the screen and walked right into the glass heh. A lot of people saw me but it still doesn't seem as bad as doing it in public hah sorry man.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By jakob187

Umm...I've never seen a store that keeps their doors open like you claim.  Then again, I live in Texas, where we need to keep air conditioning in the building as much as possible.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CandleJakk
@jakob187: It's remarkably common here in the UK, even when it's cold as hell out, the doors stay open.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hatking

During the summer at a party at a friend's apartment I walked into their screen door trying to get to the balcony.  I was pretty drunk and it was night out so I couldn't really see it.... still I'm glad only one person saw it.   

I've had some pretty awkward moments, but usually I'm pretty good at making a joke of it and laughing at myself.  One instance comes to mind when I had a party at my place, a female friend of mine was drinking a cream soda, when I saw this I asked "how's that cream?"  I knew right away how weird that sounded, there was an awkward silence for a bit and then I made a joke of it and got some laughs... now it is a sort of inside joke between her and I.
ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By ToxicFruit

damn, but you saved yourself there by saying it was embarrassing  , I once walked  into a lamppost hurt like hell to...

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By KaosAngel

No Caption Provided
Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By Civraz

I've done that. There are two front doors at my house. The first on is a standard wood door with a dead bolt and all, then there's a glass door. When you have the wood door open, it's very hard to see the glass door. First day we had this house, i walked right into it. 

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By izzygraze

I was at a party on Halloween, it was going pretty well. Midway through the party I'm talking to a set of girls and really getting into it. I'm making wild hand gestures and one caught the edge of the girl's wine glass...She doesn't let go though. Instead, she holds on tight and launches red wine all over me! Luckily both the girls along with me are all very very drunk so they don't really know what happened and I didn't really care. I was wearing a white dress shirt though.

I panicked not knowing what to do since the wine was going to stain my shirt. I'm asking people and the host suggests table salt. I'm like OK! But how am I going to get it on my shirt without it falling off? My female friend suggests I take my shirt off. Thinking to myself, this could be interesting, I take off my shirt and lay it on the table, proceeding to put salt all over it in the middle of the party.  The host isn't so comfortable with me doing this and tells me to put my shirt back on, which is when I notice some of the chocolate from the cake on the table got on my shirt...ugh.

So I'm walking around with a shirt covered in salt, red wine, and chocolate cake! I'm getting tired and decide to go home. Not wanting the red wine to set I throw even more salt on it when I get home and leave my shirt and borrowed hat on the kitchen table. My dad wakes up the next day and sees all this on the kitchen table. Including the hat that I borrowed from him...oops.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Snail
@Hitchenson said:
" @Snail said:
" Once I went straight into a mirror. I was in one of those fucking mirror houses and couldn't tell what was a mirror from what wasn't. "
So you walked at your own reflection? KK. "
Yes, I know it is stupid.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By teh_destroyer
@Snail said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @Snail said:
So you walked at your own reflection? KK. "
Yes, I know it is stupid. "
If you said you thought you were playing Mirror's Edge or something,  I would have excepted that :P.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Snail
@teh_destroyer: That was a really lame pun. But nice try. :D
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#31  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Ouch man, bad luck.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By turbomonkey138

I once ripped a door of the wall becuase i thought i had to pull it instead of push . it was a really shit door but i didn't expect to rip it off its hinges ..... it was when i was walking into assembly at school .... embarassing shit .

randomfella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By randomfella

I was walking on the sidewalk one time and one of my friends pointed at a window or something and ran straight into a stop sign post. He mashed his nose and it was bleeding all over the place, this was right in the middle of downtown with people everywhere. It was hilarious.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GreggD

I've done the oh-so-comical slip and fall on my ass several times in my school career. Much to the bemusement of my classmates. And a couple of teachers.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#35  Edited By armaan8014

That was funny.. I've had an incident where some friends of mine were running in a corridor, they all passed through an open door, and as the second last one went through the door, he closed it behind him..
obviously, the last guy ran into the door face front... Pretty hilarious.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Giantsquirrel

When I was young my mom and I were in a grocery store and a man walked through a glass door. Apparently waiting for the automatic opener was too difficult.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By L33tfella_H

At This office i was at, my mom walked straight into a glass wall like a month ago, it was even funnier cause she was furious over some hub-bub, so seeing her walk into a glass walk and land on her butt was chuckle worthy.

The irony here is that i walked into the SAME glass wall not 2 weeks later -_-*

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Ouch man! That must have hurt. I feel for you.

Well, i was once running around the corner of the local KFC to get in out of the rain and there was a group of girls coming out of the side entrance. It was January and there was still lots of snow and ice everywhere and i slipped and fell off the path and my face landed straight onto the bonnet of the car parked there. I got soaked, there was snow all over me and i embarrassed myself in front of girls. Damn not my lucky day.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By luce

That door got in your way

You should have sued

Bunnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bunnyman

Yup. Did that trying to reach a terrace on Tenerife. It was like being punched in the face by an invisible enemy. Quite disturbing.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kohe321

Be glad no one was filming it. That sounds like break.com material XD

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RetroIce4

Did exact same thing in UDF. Completely crystal clear. I laughed pretty hard after that.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bubahula

lol, i have a friend who jumped straight through the glass because he couldn't see it. i was laughing for an hour straight.
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sabata

You're like the bird in that one Windex commercial.