KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

Edited By KaosAngel

Gentlemen (and Ladies),

As a gamer with a penis, I was highly offended that last night's gaming conference for the PS4 was nothing more than a sausage fest. Out of the 20+ "industry leaders and experts", not a single one of them showcased a woman. The most we got were a group of people watching a woman live stream (with respectable clothes on...unlike the average female live streamer) and a woman who played drums with a controller that will change the industry forever (again).

Now with all these talks about the industry not liking women let me say something, again as a human being that gives seeds, let me say that sites like Kotaku, Huffington Post, and Anita Sarkeesian are right. This industry is messed up and sexist.

Why do you need to have expertise in engineering or software encoding or hardware building to speak at the PS4 event? Why not allow a female marketer talk to the people instead of these elitist men who were spoon fed masters in engineering? Clearly the problem isn't that females don't go into engineering fields but rather the industry's fault to not promote females to the head of engineering who take other subjects like business or communications or even medical.

Damn straight Lizzy. I too won't be buying a PS4 and will buy a Wii-U because Nintendo had females at their Nintendo Direct Videos these past months.

Again valid point Lizzy. EA being the sexist bastards they are. Not having protagonists who star in a game about running and not firing weapons.

In the military the vast majority of engineering officers are male. Clearly the US military is sexist. Hell, in my Squadron our computer engineering officers are all male.

The problem isn't females aren't going into hard since majors. Trust me, the women are right here. Kotaku is right. Even Anita is right. The problem is the industry hates women. Why should women have to go into engineering like men?

When my soon to be wife pops out my daughter, I'll make sure she knows that she won't have to go into hard science majors. She deserves to be spoon fed, and by the gods she will be.

Fly, fight, win duders..

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

I do enjoy me some satire.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont liek these new forums...how i edit?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Use the Konami Code.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I approve

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This belongs in the user community showcase.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Issues like this can easily be fixed by taking into account people's gender, race and sexuality when making decisions.

Also is anyone else getting server errors.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would also like to add that clearly Apple and Google are sexist as fuck too.

They never have females talk about new product hardware at their press events. Why are tech companies sexist?

Also Microsoft.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@chibithor: I had the site freaking out on me for the last few minutes. Seems back to normal now.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I am laughing way too hard right now. Bravo, sir. bravo.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great read, yea, that may go down as dumbest tweet of the year.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bravo, keep fighting the good fight against our sexist Sony overlords.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

I'm pretty sure everything KaosAngel has ever posted to these forums has always been 100% sincere.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick Klepek, what are your thoughts on the absolute lack of mammories?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yay... Kaos is back... Yay.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FRONT FUCKING PAGE

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie said:

@starvinggamer said:

I'm pretty sure everything KaosAngel has ever posted to these forums has always been 100% sincere.

I hope this is satire, otherwise it's all kinds of crazy (pic related)

No Caption Provided

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nintendo appreciates Black Cat's stupidity.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Expert satire, it's just a shame it doesn't apply to those tweets...

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Morbid_Coffee
M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By M_Shini

I can't personally say ive witnessed many great female spokespersons or just personality's to have on stage especially for a video game thing, i doubt there is really a great deal of the females working for these company's that would carry themselves well enough than what was presented as i do think the presentations where actually ok to watch as far as these sort of shows go.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Are the tweets for real?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this is satire, otherwise it's all kinds of crazy (pic related)

No Caption Provided

A: This lady should be quarantined on Stupid Island for being a bad human being.

B: That's not how circumcision works.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KaosAngel

@ravenlight: You clearly don't see how she's right? Oh you're one of those people that make fun of Anita for being a woman and think a female wouldn't know more about male circumcision than men. Shame on you.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"software encoding"

No Caption Provided
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: Bro, if I can make up random jargon what's stopping females? Sony, Apple, Google, Nintendo, Microsoft, Samsung, HTC, and LG's sexist ass doesn't want women to talk about technology. The lack of females in engineering isn't the problem.

It's the industry.

As reported by female leaders on the twitter and Kotaku.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenlight: You clearly don't see how she's right? Oh you're one of those people that make fun of Anita for being a woman and think a female wouldn't know more about male circumcision than men. Shame on you.

I don't know what you're upset about. With her command of the English language, she could be Queen of Stupid Island inside a week.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PillClinton

Sorry, but Elizabeth DeLoria's officially in complete fucking joke territory to me now. From the mini "scandal" over her picture in Patrick's Dead Island article, to her quite hypocritical Twitter pic itself, and now this... C'mon. Women in general may have an unfair reputation as being overly reactionary, which certainly has many exceptions in reasonable individuals, but you sure ain't helpin' the cause, lady.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Jams

I was at McDonalds the other day and saw two fat children fighting over a pizza when my friend asked...

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the mini "scandal" over her picture in Patrick's Dead Island article

What happened again? I don't remember any scandal.

kobr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think any feminist would argue that females should be inserted into these press conferences just for the sake of inclusion. It's just a reminder that the industry is male-dominated and that women have a disturbingly low presence in the industry. As far as presentation at a press conference it only makes sense that it's done by the leaders of any given project (the game designers, project managers, whatever). I think anyone calling out Sony in particular for not including women in the conference is missing the point, if Elizabeth DeLoria just looks at it and says "no woman on the stage...sony is the problem" instead of reading into the deeper issue of why females don't have success in these industries then what's productive about her rage? Would Sony pandering to females by putting Felicia Day up on stage to talk about something she had nothing to do with be any less insulting?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are the worst at satire out of everybody.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

@pillclinton said:

She got pissed that Patrick used her Twitter picture (that she posted publicly herself), as a representation of her in the article. Patrick then changed the picture. Pretty dumb.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks duder. I'm laughing so hard right now.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By McGhee

Imagine if this chick and Leigh Alexander had a few drinks together. Being in that room would be worse than water boarding.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

Yeah go buy from Nintendo. They're not the same company that had women holding 3DS's while you play them during their own press conference. Nintendo is clearly not sexist at all.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Haha! This is brilliant. Although, on a serious note, I can't believe there are still people out there looking for EVERY LITTLE FUCKING REASON to label our industry as sexist. I hope Microsoft respond with an all female conference in the next couple of months.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe no women wanted to talk? Ever think about that? Public speaking sucks.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe no women wanted to talk? Ever think about that? Public speaking sucks.

That's sexist bro. You're what's wrong with the industry.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@extomar said:

Use the Konami Code.

Wouldn't that make things worse?
Wouldn't that make things worse?

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been the greatest piece of content on Giant Bomb in a long while. I salute you sir.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was this serious?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Well, this is pretty great.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't how I should feel about this, but when I saw Anita Sarkeesian's name, I knew this was a parody.

Regardless, bravo.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, Deloria protected her tweets.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kobr24 said:

I don't think any feminist would argue that females should be inserted into these press conferences just for the sake of inclusion. It's just a reminder that the industry is male-dominated and that women have a disturbingly low presence in the industry. As far as presentation at a press conference it only makes sense that it's done by the leaders of any given project (the game designers, project managers, whatever). I think anyone calling out Sony in particular for not including women in the conference is missing the point, if Elizabeth DeLoria just looks at it and says "no woman on the stage...sony is the problem" instead of reading into the deeper issue of why females don't have success in these industries then what's productive about her rage? Would Sony pandering to females by putting Felicia Day up on stage to talk about something she had nothing to do with be any less insulting?

Yeah. I think that's about it. Both parties are a bit at fault here. The industry is kind of a boys club as far as I've been told and it would be great if there was a stronger female presence in this industry. However, that doesn't mean that we should just put a woman in there for the sake of having a woman there.

However, I do want to point out...

Why do you need to have expertise in engineering or software encoding or hardware building to speak at the PS4 event? Why not allow a female marketer talk to the people instead of these elitist men who were spoon fed masters in engineering? Clearly the problem isn't that females don't go into engineering fields but rather the industry's fault to not promote females to the head of engineering who take other subjects like business or communications or even medical.

This sounds a bit off. The first part kind of sounds like you're saying that a woman couldn't be a master in this field. There are women in this industry who aren't marketers, who do coding, who write and do many things in the video game industry. There are fewer female engineers graduating than men but women do exist. I'm looking at an article of 25 powerful female engineers. A ceo of google is female and also Pinterest has several female engineers at top levels. source

All I'm saying is that your article kind of makes it sound like women can't be engineers and can't be the heads of the video game industry. Also hard science majors..is that a thing? Or do you just mean difficult because a female friend of mine is getting her PhD in marine biology source.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bocam said:

@pillclinton said:

Patrick used her twitter profile picture instead of "asking her" which one he could use. You know, the one with her tits hanging out because she's dressed like Black Cat from Spider-Man.

It definitely sent some mixed messages. You might even call her a "hypocrite."

She is.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c9a5152a56a
deactivated-63c9a5152a56a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This has been the greatest piece of content on Giant Bomb in a long while. I salute you sir.

Yes. Yay for poorly written satire attacking women who try to open boys to the problems of sexism in the industry. He really nailed those fighting for equal rights! Yay to stick to the people working to end misogyny, rape culture and sexism in gaming culture! They really deserved it.

Forums. Sometimes they're worse than comments.