@snide: Thanks!

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By alexpiercey
@FourWude Honestly, do we have any idea what would've happened of they hadn't go e to CBSi? I'm not even going to pretend to know the financial status of Giant Bomb, but isn't it possible that the reason there has been an influx of ads is because they didn't have enough money? What if Giant Bomb wasn't able to sustain itself and needed outside help?

P.S. If Jeff or somebody said anything that completely contradicts what I just said, let me know!
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@FourWude said:

@ripelivejam:

Why stop there, sell even more page space to adverts. Sell video space to advertisers, not just adverts, I'm sure Jeff can tell us how great Dominos pizza tastes in the middle of a Quick Look.

Pretty sure Jeff does that normally.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By veektarius

I think the moral of the story here is that if something's gross, immediately threatening to quit the site is probably premature until you've waited to see if the staff responds..

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By ma_rc_01

You know what? I liked it when we had sponsored quests on the site, bring that back instead of this, ''make 5000$ a week from your home'' stuff.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By swoxx

This kind of staff response would be great to see on other threads with site questions that are burning in the community.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Harkat

Nah, Zang Zang just got a job in this pyramid scheme and now has to convince us to Meet Ukrainian Women In Your Area and Win a Free iPad.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MrKlorox

Cool. I was on the fence about resubbing until I saw this. Now I know that my money isn't doing jack shit to keep this type of garbage off the site, and therefore, I am stopping it. Thanks for saving me $50 bucks, Giant Bomb.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By matti00

@MrKlorox said:

Cool. I was on the fence about resubbing until I saw this. Now I know that my money isn't doing jack shit to keep this type of garbage off the site, and therefore, I am stopping it. Thanks for saving me $50 bucks, Giant Bomb.

This post is dumb. Why would you pay $50 to keep ads of the site for everyone?

There's a lot of content you get with your premium membership outside of no advertisements, and anyone who thinks that the internet can survive without them is an idiot.

Premium membership. feelsgoodman.jpg

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MrKlorox
@matti00 said:

@MrKlorox said:

This post is dumb. Why would you pay $50 to keep ads of the site for everyone?

There's a lot of content you get with your premium membership outside of no advertisements, and anyone who thinks that the internet can survive without them is an idiot.

Premium membership. feelsgoodman.jpg

Not half as stupid as your completely unaware post. Why would I pay $50 to reduce the number of disgusting ads like this? Because I'm a good person and it feels good to do good things. You should try some time instead of pointing out how dumb others are and regurgitating memes about how good it feels. Secondly, no, there ISN'T a lot of premium content, little silver. Stick around a bit and you might notice. And finally, if you think that I think the internet can survive without any form of ad, you're even more moronic than you think I am.
DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#63  Edited By DarthOrange

@Sgtpierceface said:

@FourWude Honestly, do we have any idea what would've happened of they hadn't go e to CBSi? I'm not even going to pretend to know the financial status of Giant Bomb, but isn't it possible that the reason there has been an influx of ads is because they didn't have enough money? What if Giant Bomb wasn't able to sustain itself and needed outside help? P.S. If Jeff or somebody said anything that completely contradicts what I just said, let me know!

Didn't they sell a butt ton of T-Shirts during the Big Live Live Show? I don't think they are hurting for money, and if they ever were all they would have had to do was say "hey we are running out of money and are going to shut down the site" and you would see the crazy fans with money donate an unhealthy amount of cash to the site. The whole reason they had the memberships in the first place was to remain independent wasn't it? Or at least that is what we were told. If they had raised the membership price by ten or fifteen and simply told the users "we are hurting financially", I bet you would have actually seen an increase in membership sales. Then again, I honestly don't know what the hell happened behind the scenes. For all we know maybe Shelby Bonnie just woke up one morning and decided, "Fuck it I'm selling all my websites" and that was that.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By iam3green

wow that is horrible. make it seem like an ad instead of someone's post.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By Hunter5024

I think that having the sponsored links on the articles is actually a pretty tasteful way to do ads. Glad it was just a bug on the forum though. Also to the staff that responded, thanks for acknowledging the complaints, that's always nice.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By EuanDewar
@DarthOrange The way I see people talk on these forums I bet a large amount of people would just say "Well you had your chance and know you're on your own." if they were in their death throes.

Also as a side I remember Tatum and will smith saying in a video late last year that Whiskey Media wasn't making enough money so that was probably a large part of the whole sale.
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By PillClinton

Wait, people are still freaking out about this? Didn't Dave say this is a bug, i.e. not actually a thing, on like the first page of this thread?

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@PillClinton said:

Wait, people are still freaking out about this? Didn't Dave say this is a bug, i.e. not actually a thing, on like the first page of this thread?

The way Jeff's post was worded made it sound like the feature is coming back, however it will be more clearly an ad and not someone's post.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PillClinton

@SomeDeliCook said:

@PillClinton said:

The way Jeff's post was worded made it sound like the feature is coming back, however it will be more clearly an ad and not someone's post.

Oh, my bad, should've read past the first page before commenting, I suppose.

Ahem, FUCK EVERYTHING.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jimmyfenix

@MrKlorox: yet you are still a sub