'Stance 2, Fifa, 007, Mirrors Edge, Gears, and my B-Day countdown

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

Edited By TheGamerGeek

Well, I will start off by saying, I got Resistance 2 yesterday. I bought Resistance 1 last year and I was very disappointed, I wasn't the biggest fan of the graphics, I hated the story, and the MP blowed (That's my opinion, I know loads of people disagree). Now, to be honest, I really don't know why I rented this, I hated Resistance: Fall of Man but I still wanted to play this one, GS liked it, 1up liked, IGN liked it, and many others did so I was hoping I would--I don't. I still think the graphics are under-powered, I still don't like the story, and the MP gets boring after a while. I hope nobody hates me after those comments.

I completely forgot to mention this in my last blog (As well as I forgot to note my Mirrors Edge impressions) but I got Fifa '09 about a week ago. I've been playing it and I really love it, it's UEFA Euro 2008 but better. It's faster and I like how they don't call penalties on you after every sliding tackle you do. Speaking of my Gamerang list, I should be getting 007 Quantam of Solace Monday, Tuesay or maybe Wedensday. The other Gamergeek already has it and he likes it. I'm also in the middle of reading Jeff Gerstmann's review.

So, I forgot some Mirrors Edge impressions on the last blog so I figured better late than never right? Well to make it simple, it's good. The controls are simple and really easy to master. The beautiful art style is great. Some things I worry about is if the story will be good and if Time Trials will hopefully add enough depth to the game for it to hopefully be a buy. All I know is, I'm not gonna buy it. Mainly because I'm already getting two games this upcoming week, Gears 2 and WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2009.

Well, I'm not buying Gears, my parents are getting me it for my B-Day. Which means, I'm gonna start my Birthday countdown! 4 days till my Gears experience starts! 4 more long days till my B-Day is here! Well before I wrap up this rare, Saturday blog, I want to say, since I'm not writing reviews as much as I used to, if you want to know my opinions of games, PM me. I was gonna post my review for Far Cry 2 yesterday but me and my girlfriend got into a fight and I was really pissed off for most of the night. Well until next time, see you guys! I'm gonna get back to watching Clerks 2 which I still think is one of the greatest comedys of all time.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Well, I will start off by saying, I got Resistance 2 yesterday. I bought Resistance 1 last year and I was very disappointed, I wasn't the biggest fan of the graphics, I hated the story, and the MP blowed (That's my opinion, I know loads of people disagree). Now, to be honest, I really don't know why I rented this, I hated Resistance: Fall of Man but I still wanted to play this one, GS liked it, 1up liked, IGN liked it, and many others did so I was hoping I would--I don't. I still think the graphics are under-powered, I still don't like the story, and the MP gets boring after a while. I hope nobody hates me after those comments.

I completely forgot to mention this in my last blog (As well as I forgot to note my Mirrors Edge impressions) but I got Fifa '09 about a week ago. I've been playing it and I really love it, it's UEFA Euro 2008 but better. It's faster and I like how they don't call penalties on you after every sliding tackle you do. Speaking of my Gamerang list, I should be getting 007 Quantam of Solace Monday, Tuesay or maybe Wedensday. The other Gamergeek already has it and he likes it. I'm also in the middle of reading Jeff Gerstmann's review.

So, I forgot some Mirrors Edge impressions on the last blog so I figured better late than never right? Well to make it simple, it's good. The controls are simple and really easy to master. The beautiful art style is great. Some things I worry about is if the story will be good and if Time Trials will hopefully add enough depth to the game for it to hopefully be a buy. All I know is, I'm not gonna buy it. Mainly because I'm already getting two games this upcoming week, Gears 2 and WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2009.

Well, I'm not buying Gears, my parents are getting me it for my B-Day. Which means, I'm gonna start my Birthday countdown! 4 days till my Gears experience starts! 4 more long days till my B-Day is here! Well before I wrap up this rare, Saturday blog, I want to say, since I'm not writing reviews as much as I used to, if you want to know my opinions of games, PM me. I was gonna post my review for Far Cry 2 yesterday but me and my girlfriend got into a fight and I was really pissed off for most of the night. Well until next time, see you guys! I'm gonna get back to watching Clerks 2 which I still think is one of the greatest comedys of all time.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

The other Gamergeek likes your blog lol.

bagmanforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By bagmanforhire

i can see how one would not like the MP in the Resistance games its very different than most FPS's, i on the other hand love it!!! 

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy
ReTarDedFisHy hates you after those comments. >:(

Haha, just kidding. ReTarDedFisHy understands :P
Some games just aren't for "you", you know? Like how ReTarDedFisHy doesn't like GTAIV or Mirror's Edge, or even BioShock.
It's probably just one of those personal taste things :)

On a side note, the FisH just got Fallout 3 on PC. He's checking it out, hoping it isn't as bad and glitchy as some people say.
(Funny thing is, he spent 1 hour dealing with SecuROM. Fckin' DRMs...)
insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By insanegamer

i am probaly going to pick up the new wwe game soon, thinking about picking the new 007 looks good i will probaly pick it up after i see the movie.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Bennyishere

I just finished Gears of War 2. It's a lot better than the first! I liked the Mirror's Edge demo as well, but whether I will buy it is uncertain.

GmLx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By GmLx
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#8  Edited By Vinchenzo

Your blogs are becoming a bit more intricate, huh. A lot of hyperlinks. Anywho, not a fan of Resistance myself. The graphics remind me of an early 360 game. MP seems to have staying power, as far as the co-op is concerned.