• 57 results
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jmrwacko

Wow. The DNS for wikileaks.org just got taken down. What a blatant act of censorship by Sweden and by the United States government! And I voted for Barack Obama thinking he was a DEMOCRAT. What a shame, turns out the Democratic Party is as disgustingly fascist as the Republican Party. The political left needs a reverse spectrum version of the Tea Party movement, imo. 

Oh well, fortunately wikileaks is hosted in 507 locations. Have fun trying to censor it, fascist pigs: http://wikileaks.ch/mirrors.html. All this goes to show is that the US government and its allies really are the dystopian, authoritarian Big Brothers we always thought they were. It's a shame really, I was so happy when Obama got elected over McCain, but he turned out to be a conservative behind a progressive mask. 

On the bright side, I'm sure I'm not the first person to be disillusioned by a fake democracy. Everyone who lived through the Vietnam war debacle probably felt the same way as I do now.

Edit: Apparently the DNS is down because of a DDOS attack, not because of the service provider. I immediately assumed the guilt of Sweden and of the US government because they've been so verbally opposed to the leaks and subsequently to freedom of information. But think about it... exactly who would want to bring down the wikileaks DNS? I'd speculate that it isn't just some cyber-vandal.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Fucking moderates ;(

EDIT: The OP is a big meanie, who scared me needlessly ;(

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

Pussies.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By oatz

I'm Swedish, and I honestly couldn't give less fucks about that pretentious cunt Julian Assange and whether he gets what he wants or not. This was expected, either way. 

@TheSeductiveMoose said:

" Fucking moderates ;( "
Fucking sossar.
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jmrwacko
@TheSeductiveMoose said:

" Fucking moderates ;( "

They aren't moderate in regards to liberty, that's for sure.

@oatz said:
" I'm Swedish, and I couldn't honestly give less fucks about that pretentious cunt Julian Assange and whether he gets what he wants or not. This was expected, either way. "

I don't know if you grasp the seriousness of this. Assange is posting TRUTH, and it's being completely and utterly quelled by US government in an attempt to cover up their dealings with foreign countries using American taxpayer dollars. Furthermore, Sweden is basically America's puppet in being forced to attack the wikileaks DNS for the sake of US-Swedish relations. Do you not care that your government is being bent over and violated by US federal interests?
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Azteck
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" Fucking moderates ;( "
Agreed. Reinfeldt is such a coward.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead
@oatz said:
" I'm Swedish, and I couldn't honestly give less fucks about that pretentious cunt Julian Assange and whether he gets what he wants or not. This was expected, either way. "
What makes him 'pretentious'?
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz

Now if only the USA would put as much effort into finding Osama Bin Laden as they are investing in this WikiLeaks fiasco.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Bones8677

Foreign politics is confusing...

Avatar image for fallaciouspsychologist
fallaciousPsychologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bones8677 said:
" Foreign politics is confusing... "
All politics are confusing.
benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By benjaebe

You're grossly misinformed. The DNS server for wikileaks.org hosted in Sweden is currently under attack by a denial-of-service (DDOS) attack and their server administrators are looking in to how to remedy the situation. The US did not pressure them to shut down the servers, nor are they shut down.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jmrwacko
@Hamz said:

" Now if only the USA would put as much effort into finding Osama Bin Laden as they are investing in this WikiLeaks fiasco. "

We're too busy killing Afghan freedom fighters to bother actually hunting down the man we supposedly went into Afghanistan 9 years ago to catch.

@benjaebe said:
" You're grossly misinformed. The DNS server for wikileaks.org hosted in Sweden is currently under attack by a denial-of-service (DDOS) attack and their server administrators are looking in to how to remedy the situation. The US did not pressure them to shut down the servers, nor are they shut down. "

Meh, just like Julian Assange actually committed rape. I'll eat my words if the DNS server comes back up, I guess.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By crusader8463

Huh, I too can not go to the site...

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmrwacko:  You should probably edit your original post.
benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By benjaebe
@jmrwacko said:
" @Hamz said:

" Now if only the USA would put as much effort into finding Osama Bin Laden as they are investing in this WikiLeaks fiasco. "

We're too busy killing Afghan freedom fighters to bother actually hunting down the man we supposedly went into Afghanistan 9 years ago to catch.

@benjaebe said:
" You're grossly misinformed. The DNS server for wikileaks.org hosted in Sweden is currently under attack by a denial-of-service (DDOS) attack and their server administrators are looking in to how to remedy the situation. The US did not pressure them to shut down the servers, nor are they shut down. "
Meh, just like Julian Assange actually committed rape. I'll eat my words if the DNS server comes back up, I guess. "
Wikileaks already confirmed that the servers are being DDOS'd, not that they were taken down or even pressured to be taken down. Doubt they would be in the first place, since it's the same hosting company that handled The Pirate Bay.
anterline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By anterline

US Government says its dangerous to the world!!! Yet not one single fucking death linked to these leaks has happened. 
Wasting time and money yet AGAIN censoring something they cant censor. Retards.

Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Synaptic

I couldn't care less about the embassy memos that were leaked(some were kind of funny to me), but the strategic locations leak is a fuckup by Wikileaks. That's going too far. It's not free speech at that point, you're handing people targets...

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

It's only DNS... You can still connect to it using the IP by entering the address in your address bar. Ala 213.251.145.96

jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jim_dandy
@benjaebe said:

It's dem Chinese state hackers! 

"They can't go down yet! They still owe us money!" 

So, how do you think they recruit? Is it like the Matrix, or do they just use political prisoners and coercion? 

More importantly, do they get sweet hacking uniforms?
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bones8677
@fallaciousPsychologist said:
" @Bones8677 said:
All politics are confusing. "
Well at least American politics tends to be entertaining. :-)
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

Also, I'm pretty sure the server is Swiss, not Swedish. Basing this off the fact that he recently moved his site to a Swiss provider.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Synaptic said:
" I couldn't care less about the embassy memos that were leaked(some were kind of funny to me), but the strategic locations leak is a fuckup by Wikileaks. That's going too far. It's not free speech at that point, you're handing people targets... "
Do you have any proof of this?
Avatar image for detectivespecial
DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DetectiveSpecial

Where was your outrage during the Bush presidency? You know, the one who was actually a fascist? 
All this WikiLeaks drama is doing is putting the atrocities committed during the Bush presidency on the shoulders of our current administration. 
I'm all for transparency, but take a step back and think about who benefits from this. This is not altruism.

Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Synaptic
@HandsomeDead said:

" @Synaptic said:

" I couldn't care less about the embassy memos that were leaked(some were kind of funny to me), but the strategic locations leak is a fuckup by Wikileaks. That's going too far. It's not free speech at that point, you're handing people targets... "
Do you have any proof of this? "
The leak? It's on the BBC.

link

EDIT: I want to clarify my position. They have a right to say and do whatever they want, which includes releasing information they receive. But this was a bad decision by them.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By vaiz

Love me some conspiracy theories! Yeah! Fuck the government! Never mind the fact that without the government, you'd have fucking nothing. God, I love the smell of self-righteous, uninformed fury in the morning.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bones8677
@punkxblaze said:
" Love me some conspiracy theories! Yeah! Fuck the government! Never mind the fact that without the government, you'd have fucking nothing. God, I love the smell of self-righteous, uninformed fury in the morning. "
Smells like...Napalm. 
BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By BrittonPeele
@jmrwacko said:
"   
 And I voted for Barack Obama thinking he was a DEMOCRAT. What a shame, turns out the Democratic Party is as disgustingly fascist as the Republican Party. The political left needs a reverse spectrum version of the Tea Party movement, imo. 

was so happy when Obama got elected over McCain, but he turned out to be a conservative behind a progressive mask.
No offense, but these are statements of ignorance. There's nothing "Conservative" or "Republican" about censoring things or withhold information, and people are foolish to think otherwise. That's a problem with the government as a whole (if indeed it is a problem worth seriously addressing), not any one political party. The fact that Obama's administration is trying to silence WikiLeaks does not, in any way, make him a conservative in disguise.
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jmrwacko
@Suicidal_SNiper said:

" Also, I'm pretty sure the server is Swiss, not Swedish. Basing this off the fact that he recently moved his site to a Swiss provider. "

Really? I had read that he was speculating moving the site to a Swiss provider but didn't, and I just went to the wikipedia article and there's a linked article there claiming wikileaks is now being hosted in France. I'm not entirely sure now where the DNS is hosted >.>

@Sargus said:

The fact that Obama's administration is trying to silence WikiLeaks does not, in any way, make him a conservative in disguise. "

Maybe not, but his current handling of the Bush tax cut extensions is. I tend to lump conservatives in with police states and fascism. Maybe I'm slightly over-generalizing.

@DetectiveSpecial said:

" Where was your outrage during the Bush presidency? You know, the one who was actually a fascist? 
All this WikiLeaks drama is doing is putting the atrocities committed during the Bush presidency on the shoulders of our current administration. 
I'm all for transparency, but take a step back and think about who benefits from this. This is not altruism. "

I wasn't old enough during most of the Bush presidency to be outraged. But regardless, these leaked cables discuss policies that have continued from the Bush administration into the Obama administration with little change in policy. I especially liked one cable that talked about selling selling F18 Super Hornets to Brazil and using President Obama literally as a salesperson: 

Once the RFP response is in, we should be prepared to
raise the FX2 at every high level contact with Brazil. There
has been a perception that USG support is weak that needs to
be countered. The most effective way of doing so would be to
have President Obama make a strong statement advocating the
Super Hornet to President Lula at the earliest opportunity.

lulz
Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Synaptic
@Sargus said:
" @jmrwacko said:
"   
 And I voted for Barack Obama thinking he was a DEMOCRAT. What a shame, turns out the Democratic Party is as disgustingly fascist as the Republican Party. The political left needs a reverse spectrum version of the Tea Party movement, imo. 

was so happy when Obama got elected over McCain, but he turned out to be a conservative behind a progressive mask.
No offense, but these are statements of ignorance. There's nothing "Conservative" or "Republican" about censoring things or withhold information, and people are foolish to think otherwise. That's a problem with the government as a whole (if indeed it is a problem worth seriously addressing), not any one political party. The fact that Obama's administration is trying to silence WikiLeaks does not, in any way, make him a conservative in disguise. "

Agreed. Being an American means supporting free speech, even if it doesn't agree with your views. Not an American in the national sense, but as an ideal. At least that's what I was brought up believing.

@jmrwacko said:

" @Suicidal_SNiper said:
" Also, I'm pretty sure the server is Swiss, not Swedish. Basing this off the fact that he recently moved his site to a Swiss provider. "
Really? I had read that he was speculating moving the site to a Swiss provider but didn't, and I just went to the wikipedia article and there's a linked article there claiming wikileaks is now being hosted in France. I'm not entirely sure now where the DNS is hosted >.> "

I think this is one of those situations where we won't know the facts for a while, if ever.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Synaptic said:
" @HandsomeDead said:

" @Synaptic said:

link

EDIT: I want to clarify my position. They have a right to say and do whatever they want, which includes releasing information they receive. But this was a bad decision by them.

"
So you're basically just buying into the fearmongering that's going on.
Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Synaptic
@HandsomeDead said:
" @Synaptic said:
" @HandsomeDead said:

" @Synaptic said:

link

"
So you're basically just buying into the fearmongering that's going on. "

Do I think it's definitely going to result in an attack? Hell no. But why make it easier?

On a different note, that article was actually really interesting to me. I had no idea a cobalt mine could be considered vital to national security.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bones8677
@jmrwacko said:

@Sargus said:

The fact that Obama's administration is trying to silence WikiLeaks does not, in any way, make him a conservative in disguise. "
Maybe not, but his current handling of the Bush tax cut extensions is. I tend to lump conservatives in with police states and fascism. Maybe I'm slightly over-generalizing. "
Oh, no fucking shit, huh?  

You'd have to be a Hippy from the 60s to think that. 
BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33  Edited By BrittonPeele
@jmrwacko said:
Maybe not, but his current handling of the Bush tax cut extensions is. I tend to lump conservatives in with police states and fascism. Maybe I'm slightly over-generalizing.

I would say you're doing way more than "slightly" over-generalizing, friend. Hell, the typical conservative mantra is for LESS government control. To bring the topic to video games, it was conservative Justice Scalia who spoke out most against banning violent video games in the Supreme Court hearing recently.
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Brians

OH Joy another one of these threads....

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jmrwacko
@Bones8677 said:
" @jmrwacko said:

@Sargus said:
Maybe not, but his current handling of the Bush tax cut extensions is. I tend to lump conservatives in with police states and fascism. Maybe I'm slightly over-generalizing. "
Oh, no fucking shit, huh? "
The disillusionment I'm experiencing is that Obama was supposed to be the leftist candidate of change, except after he got voted into office we ended up getting a half-assed recovery bill, a dumbed down health care bill with no public option (grrrrrrr), and now we have the entire administration arguing down what is essentially a leak that promotes government openness, threatening to charge people with treason and the death penalty who should be praised for their valor in leaking information to a watchdog group. Conservative, fascist, whatever you want to call it, it's just that the man doesn't live up to what he purported to be during the presidential elections. You may criticize me by saying that campaign promises always go broken and I should have expected to be disappointed, but at the time I voted for Obama I was 18 and incredibly impressionable - I believed his bullshit, and look at what's happening now. Soooo infuriating.

Alright, I'm going to do some español work, take this thread with a grain of salt.
Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Synaptic

It's been pretty civil so far.

Avatar image for detectivespecial
DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DetectiveSpecial
@jmrwacko:  If you were old enough to vote for Obama, you were old enough to know what was going on during the Bush administration.

And, if you're pissed about Obama selling airplanes to Brazil, I would recommend you read up on Reagan and Oliver North.
Avatar image for fallaciouspsychologist
fallaciousPsychologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bones8677 said:
" @fallaciousPsychologist said:
" @Bones8677 said:
Well at least American politics tends to be entertaining. :-) "
I would love to say the same thing about Maltese politics, but they're taken so seriously by the population that all the arguments produce more headaches than laughs .
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jmrwacko
@DetectiveSpecial said:
" @jmrwacko:  If you were old enough to vote for Obama, you were old enough to know what was going on during the Bush administration.  And, if you're pissed about Obama selling airplanes to Brazil, I would recommend you read up on Reagan and Oliver North. "
Pff I went to school in New York state, the Iran-Contra affair was practically stitched into my brain.
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bones8677
@jmrwacko said:

" @Bones8677 said:

" @jmrwacko said:

@Sargus said:
Oh, no fucking shit, huh? "
The disillusionment I'm experiencing is that Obama was supposed to be the leftist candidate of change, except after he got voted into office we ended up getting a half-assed recovery bill, a dumbed down health care bill with no public option (grrrrrrr), and now we have the entire administration arguing down what is essentially a leak that promotes government openness, threatening to charge people with treason and the death penalty who should be praised for their valor in leaking information to a watchdog group. Conservative, fascist, whatever you want to call it, it's just that the man doesn't live up to what he purported to be during the presidential elections. You may criticize me by saying that campaign promises always go broken and I should have expected to be disappointed, but at the time I voted for Obama I was 18 and incredibly impressionable - I believed his bullshit, and look at what's happening now. Soooo infuriating.  Alright, I'm going to do some español work, take this thread with a grain of salt. "
Situations like these help support the idea that not everyone should have the right to vote. The fact that you were so blinded by your hatred of Conservatives that you voted for someone that you didn't understand shows that you either should work harder or should not be allowed to vote. Especially if you bought into the whole "Change" catchphrase of the Obama campaign. Newsflash, Democrats have been just as crappy as Republicans. This has been going on for half a century. If you honestly believe that only Conservatives are evil then you need to wake up, because you are becoming a puppet of the Liberals. Liberals are manipulative and Conservatives are brutes. That's how it is.   

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Republican who voted for Obama, but I didn't vote for him because I thought he was perfect and was going to change everything, that's unrealistic. If I wanted to vote for someone who was perfect I'd vote for Jesus! 
TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TotalEklypse

i say let all the documents come out. i get a kick out of reading certain parts of the wires such as my favorite calling the russian president the Robin to Putin's Batman. fucking classic. 

it just further proves all politicians are back talking shit heads. let it all come out.  
i hope we get all the memos from lobbyists to political figures such as our president/congress/etc...present and past ones. that would really please me.  

alls we need in this country is a spark to piss people off enough to force a reconciliation of the way things work. both parties should be dissolved and that kind of politics involving parties outlawed.  
our forefathers despised the idea of party politics... yet here we are.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42  Edited By Yanngc33
@Bones8677 said:
" @Bones8677 said:

could not agree more lol
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
@Synaptic said:   
@jmrwacko
said: 
" @Suicidal_SNiper said:
Really? I had read that he was speculating moving the site to a Swiss provider but didn't, and I just went to the wikipedia article and there's a linked article there claiming wikileaks is now being hosted in France. I'm not entirely sure now where the DNS is hosted >.> "
I think this is one of those situations where we won't know the facts for a while, if ever. "  

From this BBC article posted on December 3rd: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11907641

EveryDNS.net said it had terminated services because Wikileaks.org had come under massive cyber attacks.

But Wikileaks has already reappeared using a Swiss web address.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By Skald

If you Google Wikileaks, you still get Wikileaks. 

Thank you, Google.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NathHaw
@Bones8677 said:

"I'm a Republican who voted for Obama,  "

Not a fan of Senator McCain?  Who was your most ideal potential candidate, Senator Obama?
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By grilledcheez
@Yanngc33 said:
" @Bones8677 said:
" @Bones8677 said:
could not agree more lol "
Japanese politics are where it's at 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The file is out already, there is just a password on it. Even if every one of the wikileaks mirrors got taken down they could just announce the password and millions of people would open up the other 250,000 files yet to be released. There is nothing the government can do now short of shutting off the web, which they have the power to do, but would annihilate them way worse than these leaks ever could.

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By christ0phe

Is anyone actually surprised?  This guy is gonna be dead within a year

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By yyZiggurat

I could get behind wikileaks when they released that video of an American attack helicopter killing an arab photographer, several Iraqi civilians, and a few childern.  But I don't see point in releasing the diplomatic cables besides proving everyone's assumptions of America's arrogant foreign policy.  Its more annoying than righteous.  

Julian Assange seems like a real douche bag.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By baconbits33
@HomemadeZiggurat said:
" I could get behind wikileaks when they released that video of an American attack helicopter killing an arab photographer, several Iraqi civilians, and a few childern.  But I don't see point in releasing the diplomatic cables besides proving everyone's assumptions of America's arrogant foreign policy.  Its more annoying than righteous.    Julian Assange seems like a real douche bag. "
You obviously didn't read the military report, and didn't watch the video with a clear mind, cause if you were a soldier actually flying in a helicopter from 700 ft in the air, you wouldn't of been able to distinguish a camera from a rocket launcher. Yeah I actually believe that report, cause I've been in a helicopter, and from that height you can't tell what is what, especially when 1: You had reports of your own troops having been in a firefight only a block away. And 2: The camera crew didn't tell NATO troops that they would be out in that area doing interviews with possible enemy combatants. Oh and by the way there were no kids killed in the strafing, you didn't even read the articles.  
Personally I hate Julian Assange, he isn't doing this for the greater good, he's doing this because of his own bias towards the US. Seriously, why not try and get a leak from North Korea, China, Burma, or Venezuela? Yeah the US has some problems, but what about countries that actually are known to commit huge violations against humanity and are sure as hell not transparent?  
And believing that all conservatives are fascists..... Yeah sorry OP you just lost all credibility that you could of had.