THE HACKERS HAVE TO STOP NOW BEFORE WE GET A COMMUNIST INTERNET!

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mcfart

This hacker group who says their just hacking "for the lulz" have to stop now.

They just hacked the Heroes of Newerth master login server and going for Eve online next: http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/81038533204246528 

Apparently there are talks between governments about the threat of the Internet. While it won't be immediate, these hackers are making everyone pay attention to the dangers of the Internet, and will fuel government propaganda towards censoring/adding surveillance to the Internet. These people are acclompishing nothing and only going to fuck everything up for us.

While I'll support 4chan being closed, imagine a non-free Internet, where going to Giant Bomb will result in the FBI knocking on your door.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By regularassmilk

Get the fuck outta here. Just give it a minute. A collection of /btards can only fuck stuff up for so long.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DeeGee

Can't tell if serious.

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By zameer

Kinda failing to see how there's a direct causal link between LulzSec's spree and losing net neutrality.. But yeah, LulzSec is starting to get really annoying.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d

Capslock only makes people hate you.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By regularassmilk
@AlexW00d said:

@zameer said:
Kinda failing to see how there's a direct causal link between LulzSec's spree and losing net neutrality.. But yeah, LulzSec is starting to get really annoying.
These.
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Ohlol. 

Calm down son, it's only a commercial.
Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mcfart
@regularassmilk said:

@AlexW00d said:

@zameer said:
These.
Think of Sony's hack. That was considered a nationial threat, and although this group says their just hacking "for the lulz", their making everyone notice how dangerous the Internet can be. Thus their giving ammo to anti-net neutrality groups.
Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Bollard
@Mcfart said:
This hacker group who says their just hacking "for the lulz" have to stop now.  They just hacked the Heroes of Newerth master login server and going for Eve online next: http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/81038533204246528   Apparently there are talks between governments about the threat of the Internet. While it won't be immediate, these hackers are making everyone pay attention to the dangers of the Internet, and will fuel government propaganda towards censoring/adding surveillance to the Internet. These people are acclompishing nothing and only going to fuck everything up for us.  While I'll support 4chan being closed, imagine a non-free Internet, where going to Giant Bomb will result in the FBI knocking on your door.
They already hit EVE once yesterday, and LoL, and Minecraft. 

They were also the ones responsible from extracting data about Brink users from Bethesda and holding them ransom. 

Finally, bringing down EVE/LoL/Minecraft/HoN by DDoS is NOT hacking. Plz stop spreading that rumour.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fajita_Jim

TCP/IP is the problem. It was designed TO BE OPEN. It's like digging a shipping canal and then trying to dam it with duct tape; you may get a reservoir behind it, but it's gonna leak like a bitch.

How hard will it be to replace TCP/IP? About as hard as it is to get rid of X86 architecture. The only real way to do it is to start a second internet that is incompatible with the current one.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mcfart
@Chavtheworld said:
@Mcfart said:
This hacker group who says their just hacking "for the lulz" have to stop now.  They just hacked the Heroes of Newerth master login server and going for Eve online next: http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/81038533204246528   Apparently there are talks between governments about the threat of the Internet. While it won't be immediate, these hackers are making everyone pay attention to the dangers of the Internet, and will fuel government propaganda towards censoring/adding surveillance to the Internet. These people are acclompishing nothing and only going to fuck everything up for us.  While I'll support 4chan being closed, imagine a non-free Internet, where going to Giant Bomb will result in the FBI knocking on your door.
They already hit EVE once yesterday, and LoL, and Minecraft.  They were also the ones responsible from extracting data about Brink users from Bethesda and holding them ransom.  Finally, bringing down EVE/LoL/Minecraft/HoN by DDoS is NOT hacking. Plz stop spreading that rumour.
Still shows what you can do on a free Internet. Do you really think anti net neutrality groups won't use this as an excuse to fuck us all? Plus, you just admitted they stole Brink's user data! CONTRIDICTION BRO!
Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Bollard
@Mcfart said:
@Chavtheworld said:
@Mcfart said:
They already hit EVE once yesterday, and LoL, and Minecraft.  They were also the ones responsible from extracting data about Brink users from Bethesda and holding them ransom.  Finally, bringing down EVE/LoL/Minecraft/HoN by DDoS is NOT hacking. Plz stop spreading that rumour.
Still shows what you can do on a free Internet. Do you really think anti net neutrality groups won't use this as an excuse to fuck us all? Plus, you just admitted they stole Brink's user data! CONTRIDICTION BRO!
Yes, they stole Brink data by hacking. They did not "hack" EVE, HoN, LoL or Minecraft. That was what I was talking about - also I wasn't having a go at you! You're right it does have to stop, this shit is super stupid and pointless. And as you said, gives people who shouldn't make decisions about the internet ammunition to use in court/government discussions about the matter.
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
@Mcfart
It's people like you who make these people think they actually have some sort of control over "teh internetz".  
 CALM DOWN BRO IF THEY SHUT DOWN THE INTERNETZ THEY COULD TURN INTO IRL TERRORISTS AND START BLOWNG SHIT UP INSTEAD OF BLOWING UP THE WEBSITES AND ONLINE STUFFS WE HOLD NEAR AND DEAR. 
I HAVE MY PANIC BUTTON AT TEH READIES.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King

How does "let's crash Minecraft" translate into "the proletariat will overthrow the /b/ourgeoisie scum"?

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mcfart
@WoodenPlatypus said:
@Mcfart: It's people like you who make these people think they actually have some sort of control over "teh internetz".   CALM DOWN BRO IF THEY SHUT DOWN THE INTERNETZ THEY COULD TURN INTO IRL TERRORISTS AND START BLOWNG SHIT UP INSTEAD OF BLOWING UP THE WEBSITES AND ONLINE STUFFS WE HOLD NEAR AND DEAR. I HAVE MY PANIC BUTTON AT TEH READIES.
*lick*
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
@Mcfart said:
@WoodenPlatypus said:
@Mcfart: It's people like you who make these people think they actually have some sort of control over "teh internetz".   CALM DOWN BRO IF THEY SHUT DOWN THE INTERNETZ THEY COULD TURN INTO IRL TERRORISTS AND START BLOWNG SHIT UP INSTEAD OF BLOWING UP THE WEBSITES AND ONLINE STUFFS WE HOLD NEAR AND DEAR. I HAVE MY PANIC BUTTON AT TEH READIES.
*lick*

wat.
regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By regularassmilk
@WoodenPlatypus said:
@Mcfart said:
@WoodenPlatypus said:
*lick*
wat.
lolwut
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
@regularassmilk said:
@WoodenPlatypus said:
@Mcfart said:
@WoodenPlatypus said:
*lick*
wat.
lolwut

wutlolwat.
Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By Levio

Isn't this the plot to Digimon? Don't they fight off the hackers or computer viruses or something?

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By InternetCrab

My friend is probably pissed as shit because he plays alot of HoN.

Yeah, LulzSec really need to stop. I created a topic about it in the Minecraft forum.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShockD

Well, I'm a communist myself, so I guess I'll just encourage what they do.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Hey. Uh. Also: Communism =/= Totalitarianism. 

Just saying.
cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By cookiemonster

Hes using caps lock and hes underlining shit. 

This guy means business.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm just going to sit back and watch how hilariously bad this thread gets (if it isn't already).

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rahf

So what purpose does a DDoS really serve? They say they were attacking Sony because of George Hotz, but now it's just random attacks?  

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By phish09

OP...Do you even know what communism is?

Regardless I do somewhat agree with your sentiments. 

Simply put, the best way to have your freedom taken away is to abuse it.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bybeach

You mean a commie internet run by the right wingers? Dad always taught me the extremes tended to look like each other maore than they did the middle...

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShockD

Seriously thought, communism on theory is the ultimate version of democracy. It should permit just about everything being exposed on the Internet.

The government control of the Internet you're talking of refers to fascism.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By lazyturtle

The only winning move is to not play. How about a nice game of chess?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Enigma777

No one's going to regulate the internet. They already tried and it was ruled to be unconstitutional.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By Yanngc33

Lulzsec is an idiot

@Levio: yeah we totally need the digimans now

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Slaker117
@Fajita_Jim said:
TCP/IP is the problem. It was designed TO BE OPEN. It's like digging a shipping canal and then trying to dam it with duct tape; you may get a reservoir behind it, but it's gonna leak like a bitch.  How hard will it be to replace TCP/IP? About as hard as it is to get rid of X86 architecture. The only real way to do it is to start a second internet that is incompatible with the current one.
I understand what you mean, but the idea of starting a second Internet sounds too damn funny.
Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could you explain what a communist internet would be like, because i'm interested 

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By Jost1

4chan is kinda pathetic and lulzsec equally so!

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MezZa
@Levio: Not going to lie I wouldn't mind real life Digimon. I'll help fight some of that shit if it means I get an awesome little computer monster.
GoldenGinge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GoldenGinge

Personally, I find their antics quite amusing. But doing DDoS attacks to get your kicks in life. That sure is: "Lulz"

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Slaker117 said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
TCP/IP is the problem. It was designed TO BE OPEN. It's like digging a shipping canal and then trying to dam it with duct tape; you may get a reservoir behind it, but it's gonna leak like a bitch.  How hard will it be to replace TCP/IP? About as hard as it is to get rid of X86 architecture. The only real way to do it is to start a second internet that is incompatible with the current one.
I understand what you mean, but the idea of starting a second Internet sounds too damn funny.
Well, I mean, there's already Internet2
rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

LOLWHUT?!

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Slaker117
@Fajita_Jim: Wow, how have I never heard of that?

I still think it sounds incredibly awkward though. I get what it means, same idea with different standards, but it just comes off really weird for some reason.
vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By vaiz

Y'all are just pissed cause you can't play your LoL and EVE.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toowalrus

@Chavtheworld said:

@Mcfart said:
This hacker group who says their just hacking "for the lulz" have to stop now. They just hacked the Heroes of Newerth master login server and going for Eve online next: http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/81038533204246528 Apparently there are talks between governments about the threat of the Internet. While it won't be immediate, these hackers are making everyone pay attention to the dangers of the Internet, and will fuel government propaganda towards censoring/adding surveillance to the Internet. These people are acclompishing nothing and only going to fuck everything up for us. While I'll support 4chan being closed, imagine a non-free Internet, where going to Giant Bomb will result in the FBI knocking on your door.
They already hit EVE once yesterday, and LoL, and Minecraft. They were also the ones responsible from extracting data about Brink users from Bethesda and holding them ransom. Finally, bringing down EVE/LoL/Minecraft/HoN by DDoS is NOT hacking. Plz stop spreading that rumour.

Why the fuck can't they do something useful and take Runescape off the internet forever- that game's garbage and my little brother WON'T stop playing it.

Altersparck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Altersparck
@Mcfart: The wild west nature of the internet was always expected to end. There's too much money and reliability expectation on the internet for it to remain as wild and woolly as it can be right now; Anon and LulzSec are just gonna make it happen faster. 

EDIT: Also, I think you're confusing "communist" with "fascist" but I get where you're coming from.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#44  Edited By Geno

First of all, OP doesn't seem to know what the word "communist" means.  

Secondly, ever heard of the Patriot Act? Your information is already there's whenever they want.  

Lastly, it was a DDoS. Nobody gives a shit. 

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@Mcfart: I don't think you know what the word communist means kid... wow.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iam3green

it's crazy of how much things they hacked already. i hope that they get caught soon and in trouble with everyone. i heard that they are hacking the us government websites. i hope they get caught. it has been annoying because there are people there that are enjoying the websites that are being hacked. it gets annoying to not being able to use them.