Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By OurSin_360

@funkasaurasrex said:

@oursin_360 said:

and what happened to Frank Miller? Why is he crazy now?

I dunno for certain what other's were alluding to, but he's supposedly on the wackier end of the far-right. Apparently he and his girlfriend have faced some pretty questionable allegations as well.

Also he made The Spirit.

Yeah, that's sounds like a bunch of bullshit from a pissed off employee who got canned. Only thing i can find is when he criticized all the occupy wallstreet people, which i agreed with almost 90% of what he said lol. Maybe he went a little to far with the freedom of speech bit though, but it wasn't a big deal at all.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By OurSin_360
Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't god awful but it's not good either. Someone who's respected but not A-list like Guy Pearce would've been better IMO. Also, I thought they wanted an older actor? Affleck and Cavil both look around 35 years old to me. Josh Brolin would've been interesting.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@phatmac said:

Ben Affleck will be replacing Christian Bale's role as Batman.

nooooooooooooo

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#106  Edited By Soap

Was I the only one expecting/hoping for Joseph Gordon Levitt to take up the role?

....ties it into the dark knight trilogy at least then >_>

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By zaccheus

I'm glad I don't care about Batman.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Deathstriker

@soap said:

Was I the only one expecting/hoping for Joseph Gordon Levitt to take up the role?

....ties it into the dark knight trilogy at least then >_>

They said he wasn't going to be a few months ago since they didn't want it tied to the realistic Nolan universe. His Batman interacting with aliens wouldn't make sense.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Ben Affleck is the George Clooney of this Batman generation.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Ben Affleck is a good actor but he is one of those actors that when I see them in a movie the only thing I can see is that actor and not their character. These types of actors work fine if they are playing an average character but when it's such an iconic role it's a problem for me. I feel like Christian Bale is a really good character actor and so even though he is a relatively big name I had little problem believing that he was Bruce Wayne. Behind the mask, I think Affleck can do a fine job. His Daredevil voice is better than Bale's Batman's voice in my humble opinion. I'm just afraid that half the movie I will be thinking how Ben Affleck is a billionaire playboy and not Bruce Wayne.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@believer258 said:

Eh. George Clooney took a stab at it once so I guess Ben Affleck can try it too.

Because that worked out really well!

I think DC is showing they don't know what the hell they're doing with their movies. They got lucky with Nolan and now it's downhill from here. They should just be doing a straight up treatment of Dark Knight Returns IMO but lets watch them make this mess of a movie instead.

AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Just read All Star Batman and Robin and The Dark Knight Strikes again. It will all make sense soon.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

To escape Ben Affleck Batman's parents kill themselves in this version.

sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legitimately cannot believe anyone cares about this or any other Batman news at this point.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By rorie

Thoroughly on board with this. This isn't the same Affleck as the guy who was in Gigli or Daredevil - he's made a series of genuinely great movies, and seems to have suddenly matured into a really great filmmaker, and a great director of actors. Hopefully he can counteract some of Snyder's excesses while he's on set.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#116  Edited By elko84

This is horrible news

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By OurSin_360

@rorie said:

Thoroughly on board with this. This isn't the same Affleck as the guy who was in Gigli or Daredevil - he's made a series of genuinely great movies, and seems to have suddenly matured into a really great filmmaker, and a great director of actors. Hopefully he can counteract some of Snyder's excesses while he's on set.

George Clooney made some good movies too................

This movie will be terrible

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is what Giant Bomb is like...

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#119  Edited By Seppli

@dudeglove said:

Give it a rest, folks. You'd have probably done a shitty movie too with Jennifer Lopez given enough money.

Dude, I'd pay Jennifer Lopez money to ride her fat ass all night right now. I'd also film me do it, if she wanted me to. I'd even make it a shitty movie, if she was so inclined.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just can't see this

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

Eh. George Clooney took a stab at it once so I guess Ben Affleck can try it too.

I think DC is showing they don't know what the hell they're doing with their movies. They got lucky with Nolan and now it's downhill from here. They should just be doing a straight up treatment of Dark Knight Returns IMO but lets watch them make this mess of a movie instead.

They did that two part animated movie which was decent but also lost a lot of what made the graphic novel amazing in it's transition from comic book to movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://img.pandawhale.com/60931-Nathan-fillion-naked-confident-fy4i.gif

ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hey Joker, do you like apples?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@seppli said:

@dudeglove said:

Give it a rest, folks. You'd have probably done a shitty movie too with Jennifer Lopez given enough money.

Dude, I'd pay Jennifer Lopez money to ride her fat ass all night right now. I'd also film me do it, if she wanted me to. I'd even make it a shitty movie, if she was so inclined.

Are you OK?

@believer258 said:

Well, I meant that some bad things have happened with the Batman property in the past. Tim Burton and Christoper Nolan and that early 90's cartoon were good, but there have been some other things that weren't so good.

Moviebob, a movie critic on The Escapist, once said that we've finally had too much Batman. And goddamnit, he was right. Batman is a great character, but I'm at the point where I don't want any more Batman. In the past twenty or so years, we've had two great Arkham games, a maybe-good one coming up, four pretty good movies, one really good cartoon, and a good futuristic batman cartoon. There's more good Batman material than you can shake a stick at, and I don't even know about how his comic book origins have been going.

So, yeah. I'll probably see this movie at some point just because but I don't need anymore Batman. Can we put that money into making a new superhero? Or just a new property about fantastical happenings in the modern world?

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know how to feel about this but I guess we'll see.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a completely unexpected choice, but I like it. Argo, The Town, and Gone Baby Gone were all good movies that he directed, and they were all great, so that's why I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This means it's bound to be a commercial hit!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

People seem to have some very strong opinions about this.

DarthCaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, it could always be worse. I think he'd make a good Bruce Wayne, just not a good Batman

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

One question. Is Bruce (Affleck) going to put Gotham in his rear view?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

He probably wouldn't have been my first choice...or second, or third, or even tenth. But Ben Affleck's a good actor and he seems fine for the role. I thought the Affleck hate train surely derailed a long time ago. I never really knew why it existed in the first place. There are tons of actors that are considered great that have done their fair share of shit.

SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#135  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@onekillwonder_ said:

He probably wouldn't have been my first choice...or second, or third, or even tenth. But Ben Affleck's a good actor and he seems fine for the role. I thought the Affleck hate train surely derailed a long time ago. I never really knew why it existed in the first place. There are tons of actors that are considered great that have done their fair share of shit.

I'm seeing people say Affleck turned it around and true enough, but I think he turned it around by doing the opposite of being in something the nature of a big budget superhero movie. I think The Town is overrated so I'll just leave myself out of that and say every other recent success has been something with good restraint. Him being in Batman just brings us back to where he was failing again, and Zach Snyder at the helm with DC's films seeming directionless only add to the chance that this sucks.

Affleck is a crappy action star to me (and mostly has failed in that arena) and he doesn't have the intensity to pull off a darker Batman if that's the angle (as Christian Bale did so well in the new Batman movies). I don't see how this works. With Snyder at the helm it'll most certainly be big and bombastic and that seems like setting Affleck up to fail once again.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By AngriGhandi

I'm more upset that they're making more fucking Batman movies already than I am about who's going to be playing him. The ever-shrinking ouroboros of modern pop culture makes me want to kick a puppy.

But don't get upset, that puppy was probably starring in some kind of bullshit "gritty modern-day Aesop's fables re-imaginings " TV show or something, it got what was coming to it

HerpDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To those of you claiming that Affleck can't match the dark and serious tone Bale supposedly portrayed so well, I have just one question: Where's the trigger?

Loading Video...

Where is it?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I still think this is the best news

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well Ben Affleck, GLHB.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#141  Edited By musubi
No Caption Provided

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Affleck is a fantastic actor, so he's got that part covered - I just wonder if he can throw dark enough for Batman.

Have you seen him in Hollywoodland or Gone Baby Gone? He can get fucking DARK, man.

Nonetheless, it's going to take a LOT for people to see past Daredevil on this casting. Moreover, casting an Oscar-winning writer/director next to relatively unknown actors in the mainstream conscience? People are going to look more at Affleck in that movie than Cavill or anyone else.

I think Affleck can do it, but I think it's a bad casting choice on a lot of levels.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Getting him involved in the cinematic universe gives me hope that he might be willing to direct one of the movies, but that's really the only part of this news I find exciting. The Town and Gone Baby Gone were awesome, still haven't seen Argo yet. He can be a pretty good actor, he's uneven though, a couple of his performances haven't been so great. The weird part about this news is that I find it hard to believe that they'll be able to tie him down for too many movies. He's already said he's not very interested in super hero movies. I don't see him sticking around as Batman for too long.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Getting him involved in the cinematic universe gives me hope that he might be willing to direct one of the movies, but that's really the only part of this news I find exciting. The Town and Gone Baby Gone were awesome, still haven't seen Argo yet. He can be a pretty good actor, he's uneven though, a couple of his performances haven't been so great. The weird part about this news is that I find it hard to believe that they'll be able to tie him down for too many movies. He's already said he's not very interested in super hero movies. I don't see him sticking around as Batman for too long.

I don't think he ever fathomed he would ever be cast as Batman, though, in the context of that quote. As a real life comic book nerd, I can't imagine Affleck just dropping the cowl prematurely and jumping ship. Hell, the fact that it's fucking Batman is probably what coerced him into doing another superhero role in the first place. Batman's kind of a big deal.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm Venegence, I'm the night..I'm Batfleck

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

Dumb move.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By penguindust

@disaya said:

Don't know how to feel about this but I guess we'll see.

This is where I stand, too. I mean, honestly, I really don't know who I'd rather see in the role. I'm not saying I am in support of him, it's just I can't think of another actor who I feel should portray the next Batman. Besides, Argo, Gone Baby Gone, The Town...all good movies, so who can say at this point.

I won't make a decision until I see the suit. How he looks in the suit is really going to be telling.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he'll do just fine as Batman, he's really been coming into his own in the past few years, so I'm more than sure he's gonna be a great Batman. I just don't know why people get so upset about this. It's not like the movie's about Batman anyway, at the most, he'll have 20 to 30 minutes of screentime, and probably all shared with Superman, so it really isn't that big of a deal. If anything, I'd say Christian Bale was a pretty terrible Batman. Sure he's an amazing actor, but I hated that growling voice he did in costume, so no, no Batman Bale for me. I hope Affleck does a great job.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By flindip

Honestly, I don't see a problem here. He looks like him physically. He is a good enough actor...

This isn't exactly Macbeth. Its fucking batman....

If Michael Keaton is considered, arguably, one of the best if not THE best batman; a guy who is a "midget" with a widows peak that largely played comedic roles(outside of Clean and Sober). If that guy could pull it off, why can't Ben Affleck?