Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

like this
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlClnGQVmIo
this episode was epic brilliant
maybe it could have a twist like the joker works with dent and then ends up having to kidnap him 
and maybe another twist of everybody seat (except the joker's chair) being rigged with C4 so they are all forced to sit and play.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bruce

Isn't it already confirmed that Nolan is using the Riddler for the next one? I heard too much talk about Johnny Depp being involved for that to be bullshit. 

Plus I think the Joker won't be involved out of respect for Heath. Nolan doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would continue the Joker despite Heath's death, but if he did, Michael Shannon should play him.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero

The Joker is Dead, Heath Ledger died.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane
@Bruce said:
" Isn't it already confirmed that Nolan is using the Riddler for the next one? I heard too much talk about Johnny Depp being involved for that to be bullshit.
There has been no confirmation, but there has been a lot of speculation that one of the villains will be the Riddler.  Chris Nolan's brother, Jonathan, who writes the screenplay for the Batman movies said that if the Riddle is going to be in the movie, he wants Johnny Depp to play the role.  Now Depp usually shies away from big budget movies(sans the Pirates of the Caribbean movies he did for his kids), but the freedom Nolan gives the actors to do what they want to do(especially Heath Ledger) would probably draw him in.  Also, he was good friends with Ledger.
NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By NickM

I THREW A ROCK AT HIM!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By jakob187
@CitizenKane said:
"Now Depp usually shies away from big budget movies..."
Half of his catalog is made up of big budget movies.  Then again, what do you consider "big budget"? 

I would love to see them do a really great storyline with Mr. Freeze.  I look at it like this: 
  • Batman Begins dealt with a man trying to learn how to control his anger and fight the real bad guys
  • The Dark Knight dealt with a man who must figure out how to fight against completely anarchy and another man with absolutely no rules or remorse

The Riddler would simply be an EXTENSION of The Dark Knight and not something new for Bruce Wayne to be involved in.  With Mr. Freeze, a great question can also be brought up:  how do you deal with a man that is doing everything in the name of love, and what limits can that kind of man be pushed to?  How do you justify hunting someone down who is simply trying to keep his humanity alive? 

If Mr. Freeze was done CORRECTLY, it would be a heart-wrenching movie...especially with the parallel of Bruce Wayne losing Rachel Dawes. 

Unfortunately, I think they'll be going for The Riddler because The Dark Knight made a fuckload of money at the theatres, so they will just try to ride with that.  =  /
mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mugugipan

Why cant the Riddler play joker's part.  You know instead of Joker in that episode, it was the riddler.

@Bruce

said:

" Isn't it already confirmed that Nolan is using the Riddler for the next one? I heard too much talk about Johnny Depp being involved for that to be bullshit.   Plus I think the Joker won't be involved out of respect for Heath. Nolan doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would continue the Joker despite Heath's death, but if he did, Michael Shannon should play him. " 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#8  Edited By citizenkane
@jakob187 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
Half of his catalog is made up of big budget movies.  Then again, what do you consider "big budget"?
I was referring to movies on the scale of Nolan's Batman movies and Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
@CitizenKane said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
I was referring to movies on the scale of Nolan's Batman movies and Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy. "
I'd put Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd, Public Enemies, and Alice in Wonderland with those.  Maybe that's just me personally, though.
Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I think the Riddler is a pretty one-dimensional character, and in many ways too similar to the Joker. I would personally love to see Mr. Freeze.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gike987
@jakob187 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
I was referring to movies on the scale of Nolan's Batman movies and Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy. "
I'd put Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd, Public Enemies, and Alice in Wonderland with those.  Maybe that's just me personally, though. "
Tes but he has done so many more movies than those. It's not even close "half of his catalog".
myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By myke_tuna

I think I heard somewhere that they didn't want to do any characters that were in the other movies. I could be wrong though. Obviously, the Joker had to be done, though. Come on. He's like...the Joker. But otherwise, it was that ninja dude (too lazy to look it up but it's Ghul something right?), and the Scarecrow in the first one. Joker in the second. Riddler would be cool, but I hope they "forget" about Batman & Robin and do Mr. Freeze. He's really different. Riddler done in a more serious tone would probably be like an extension of the Joker. Mr. Freeze could be really awesome.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Colonel_Cool

How about Halle Berry as Catwoman?

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RetroIce4
@Colonel_Cool said:
" How about Halle Berry as Catwoman? "
How about no!? We all know how that turned out.
neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By neoyamaneko
@TheMustacheHero said:

" The Joker is Dead, Heath Ledger died. "

The Joker was PLAYED by Heath Ledger.  The Joker is NOT Heath Ledger.

That's like saying that the Superman franchise can never be used again since Christopher Reeve got paralyzed and lated died (though Bryan Singer should be bitchslapped for making Brandon Routh play Christopher Reeve instead of Superman).
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By KaosAngel

I AM THE DARK KNIGHT!  SWEAR TO ME AS I TALK WITH MY LIPS LOOKING LIKE A WHALE AND I SPEAK LIKE THIS SO PEOPLE FEAR ME!  I AM THE SAVIOR OF THE CITY!  BEAT ME!  WHIP ME!  TORTURE ME!  I CAN BE WHAT THE CITY NEEDS!

-MUMBLE-

I'm willing to watch another 3 hours of this.

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By _Phara0h_

The problem I have with Mr Freeze is that it makes me think of (see vid) I hate Batman and Robin with a passion that movie sucked ballzz.....

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By flaminghobo
@THAfara0 said:

" The problem I have with Mr Freeze is that it makes me think of (see vid) I hate Batman and Robin with a passion that movie sucked ballzz.....

"
You cannot deny that Uma Thurman is HAWT in that movie.

I think that it would actually be cool to see Mr. Freeze done properly, the only time I've actually seen a good Mr. Freeze pulled off was in one of the animated Batman films. Not quite sure who should play him though.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By animateria

Changing the actor for Joker isn't the best idea. Heath left a pretty large stamp on his Joker. 

If they wanted another actor to portray Joker, it won't be the same. And for continuity sake, I think Joker is done for in this film franchise. 

I dunno who should be the next villain. I'm 100% sure the weird ones are probably not going to make it, sadly. (Freeze, Croc, Penguin, etc)

Harley? No Joker, no dice.

Poison Ivy? Crazy Eco-terrorist isn't really interesting anymore. 

Cat Woman? Oh, hell yes!

The Riddler? Probably the only sane choice. But with riddles comes, cheese, and lots of it.

Talia al Ghul? Hey connects with first movie. :P

Everyone else? Mostly boring or lame or too weird for a realistic take. 

Overall, I think Batman's villain list is rather, shallow, lot's of lame ones... Too bad they killed off, or can't bring the major players back. (Batman: The Animated Series, had great episodes. But most of great ones revolved around Joker, Two-Face, Riddler and some Harley.)

The Arkham Asylum comic would make a great experimental Batman movie. 

Nobody is going to do it ever.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@neoyamaneko said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:

The Joker was PLAYED by Heath Ledger.  The Joker is NOT Heath Ledger.  That's like saying that the Superman franchise can never be used again since Christopher Reeve got paralyzed and lated died (though Bryan Singer should be bitchslapped for making Brandon Routh play Christopher Reeve instead of Superman). "
Are you honestly saying that someone else can play the same exact Joker? I mean as long as christian bale is playing Batman they can't just get someone else to play the same exact role!
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@TheMustacheHero said:

" @neoyamaneko said:

" @TheMustacheHero said:

The Joker was PLAYED by Heath Ledger.  The Joker is NOT Heath Ledger.  That's like saying that the Superman franchise can never be used again since Christopher Reeve got paralyzed and lated died (though Bryan Singer should be bitchslapped for making Brandon Routh play Christopher Reeve instead of Superman). "
Are you honestly saying that someone else can play the same exact Joker? I mean as long as christian bale is playing Batman they can't just get someone else to play the same exact role! "
They could just be like the comics and
So many possibilities.
So many possibilities.
come up with some crazy reason for some one else to be the joker but, I doubt think Nolan would take that route. In my opinion they only villain that would work is one that was not tainted by the last series of films. Those movies were not that long ago and I still cant take any kind of Mr. Freeze seriously. There are hundreds of villains in Batman's Rouge Gallery to choose from. Why does it have to be one of the most famous? Nolan already proved a slightly more obscure villian could work with the scarecrow.
neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By neoyamaneko
@TheMustacheHero said:

" @neoyamaneko said:

" @TheMustacheHero said:

Are you honestly saying that someone else can play the same exact Joker? I mean as long as christian bale is playing Batman they can't just get someone else to play the same exact role! "
Are you honestly saying that you didn't read all of my post?
 " (though Bryan Singer should be bitchslapped for making Brandon Routh play Christopher Reeve instead of Superman). "

Another interpretation of The Joker would be fine if done well enough.  Nicholson's and Ledger's Jokers were both good for different reasons.  I think that the public would forgive a new Joker rendition under the same underlying framework given the circumstances, but they won't forgive an impersonation of Heath Ledger because THAT Joker is dead.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By damswedon

cant we just reboot the series, i realy dont want to see christian bale "act" ever again

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

The riddler is a terrible character and to my knowledge not even a villain in the comics anymore. I thought Nolan wanted to expand on Two-Face and since he's been going in the Gotham mob direction so far it would make sense to see his ascent to one of the biggest ganglords in the city.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@damswedon said:
"cant we just reboot the series, i realy dont want to see christian bale "act" ever again "
BAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Let me guess, you hate his voice....
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By penguindust
@animateria: 

You’ve come up with some excellent suggestions.   I, too fall into the camp that believes for this round of Batman movies, the Joker is done and should be left to our memories.   Any actor asked to fill Ledger’s shoes in the role would immediately (and rightly so) draw comparison to Heath’s Oscar winning performance.   I seriously doubt the film makers would want to start production on such a film knowing they’ll be ridiculed and thought inferior right from the start.

But, I understand that it is important for the franchise to explore new details of not only the Batman mythos but of the character Bruce Wayne.   And, while Mr. Freeze seems to qualify on some level (I certainly thought his debut episode of B:TAS was one of the best), I admit to having a negative impression of the character on film due to the best forgotten Batman & Robin fiasco.

Now, I will accede to you that I am biased towards Catwoman.   When I seriously started collecting comic books in my late teens, her mini-series was the first one I picked up.  I had abandoned the hobby for video games at around age 10, but gained renewed interest after reading the series at a friend’s home. Selina Kyle, Bruce Wayne and their alter egos have a complex relationship that bounces between seduction, betrayal, redemption and deception.  Since Catwoman isn’t on the same psychopathic plane as most of Batman’s rogue’s gallery, she has greater room to develop as a character.   Obviously, the question should be asked, if Arnold left a bad taste in my mouth, what about Berry?   Maybe it has something to do with Berry’s character not being Selina Kyle that makes it easier for me to dismiss the film.   She didn’t dress, act or have any of the backstory I associate with Catwoman.   But, just the same, I’d like a new “right” version to cleanse the image from everyone’s mind.

So, what of a villain? Here’s where I think things could get interesting.   At first, I thought it best to keep it simple and maybe go with a standard mob boss like Falcone from Batman Begins.  Or, perhaps one of the lesser known villains such as Mr. Zsasz (the guy who cuts himself with every murder) or Killer Croc.   But, animateria’s suggestion of Talia reminded me of the graphic novel “Daughter of the Demon” and I thought there could be something to that.  With Selina Kyle and Talia, you have two strong opposing feminine characters who could provide a motive to explore love, loyalty and sacrifice in Batman’s world.   The reemergence of Ra's al Ghul along side Talia could wrap up Christian Bale’s run on the franchise nicely.  A love triangle between Selina, Talia and Bruce could provide the tension within the story arc as Ra’s rises from the Lazarus Pit to seek his revenge.   Additionally, Bruce might be attracted to more capable women following Rachel Dawes death in The Dark Knight.  How would it end?   I don’t know, I’m not a film writer.   But, I’d hope that in the end, Talia sides with her father (begrudgingly) and Selina aids Batman in defeating The Demon but only to the point that her needs are met and returns to criminal activity when the opportunity arises leaving Batman alone again to guard Gotham City.  

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By damswedon
@Everyones_A_Critic said:

" @damswedon said:

"cant we just reboot the series, i realy dont want to see christian bale "act" ever again "

BAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Let me guess, you hate his voice.... "
he is just so uncharismatic. 
all he seems to so is try to do the batman animated voice and shout. 
every character he plays i strongly hate by the end of the film and he is about 50% of the reason why the new batman films suck (the other  50% being the fact that they Analise everything about Bruce Wayne)
And when you compare him to the supporting cast he is so bad in comparison. its like having a pile of shit and sprinkling it with diamonds like; Michale Cain Morgan freeman, Gary Oldman and Liam Neeson its still a pile of shit.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damswedon said:

" @Everyones_A_Critic said:

" @damswedon said:

he is just so uncharismatic.  all he seems to so is try to do the batman animated voice and shout.  every character he plays i strongly hate by the end of the film and he is about 50% of the reason why the new batman films suck (the other  50% being the fact that they Analise everything about Bruce Wayne) And when you compare him to the supporting cast he is so bad in comparison. its like having a pile of shit and sprinkling it with diamonds like; Michale Cain Morgan freeman, Gary Oldman and Liam Neeson its still a pile of shit. "

I see, need I remind you of the last time they tried to make Batman...."charismatic"? 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Bruce said:

" Isn't it already confirmed that Nolan is using the Riddler for the next one? I heard too much talk about Johnny Depp being involved for that to be bullshit.   Plus I think the Joker won't be involved out of respect for Heath. Nolan doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would continue the Joker despite Heath's death, but if he did, Michael Shannon should play him. "

no. there is absolutely no confirmation of any kind, just a shit load of fanboy rumors.  
And i for one do NOT want Depp anywhere near this franchise, as it would just turn the movie into another "johnny Depp acts whacky" movie.  
And I see NO REASON for them to not recast joker, especially for as silly a reason as it being out of respect for Ledger. Thats just ridiculous. Just because he played the Joker doesn't mean we can't ever have another person play the role.  
I mean, what if Jack Nicholson died before the Dark Knight came out....do you think they would go...hmm guess we're gonna have to have a different villain instead of the joker! 
please.   
Now don't get me wrong, I think he was excellent in that movie.  
But you have to be crazy to think he can't be replaced by someone who could totally own the role.  
I think its absolutely crucial that they do so because he was still alive at the end.  

I think that the Mad Hatter will make a return. Thats almost certain, as he was pretty cool in the last film. Maybe it was just a little fan service by Nolan, but I think his inclusion in The Dark Knight was really meant to foreshadow future events.  
I also think Penquin is a great idea. And we all know that it will be completely diffferent from how Batman returns handled it. It makes perfect sense considering how much focus Nolan's batman films focus on the municipality side of things, like especially with the mayor, and the police in The Dark Knight. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TwoOneFive
@damswedon said:
" @Everyones_A_Critic said:

" @damswedon said:

he is just so uncharismatic.  all he seems to so is try to do the batman animated voice and shout.  every character he plays i strongly hate by the end of the film and he is about 50% of the reason why the new batman films suck (the other  50% being the fact that they Analise everything about Bruce Wayne) And when you compare him to the supporting cast he is so bad in comparison. its like having a pile of shit and sprinkling it with diamonds like; Michale Cain Morgan freeman, Gary Oldman and Liam Neeson its still a pile of shit. "
well as far as your opinion goes: 
mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mugugipan
@TwoOneFive said:
" @Bruce said:

no. there is absolutely no confirmation of any kind, just a shit load of fanboy rumors.  And i for one do NOT want Depp anywhere near this franchise, as it would just turn the movie into another "johnny Depp acts whacky" movie.  And I see NO REASON for them to not recast joker, especially for as silly a reason as it being out of respect for Ledger. Thats just ridiculous. Just because he played the Joker doesn't mean we can't ever have another person play the role.  I mean, what if Jack Nicholson died before the Dark Knight came out....do you think they would go...hmm guess we're gonna have to have a different villain instead of the joker! please.   Now don't get me wrong, I think he was excellent in that movie.  But you have to be crazy to think he can't be replaced by someone who could totally own the role.  I think its absolutely crucial that they do so because he was still alive at the end.     I think that the Mad Hatter will make a return. Thats almost certain, as he was pretty cool in the last film. Maybe it was just a little fan service by Nolan, but I think his inclusion in The Dark Knight was really meant to foreshadow future events.  I also think Penquin is a great idea. And we all know that it will be completely diffferent from how Batman returns handled it. It makes perfect sense considering how much focus Nolan's batman films focus on the municipality side of things, like especially with the mayor, and the police in The Dark Knight.  "
the mad hatter was not in the dark knight
what are you smoking
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By L33tfella_H

i remember some rumours going on that the third film would be based on the Dark Knight Returns..which would be pretty incredible.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By penguindust
@L33tfella_H said:

" i remember some rumours going on that the third film would be based on the Dark Knight Returns..which would be pretty incredible. "

Yea! Dakota Fanning as "Robin", Clint Eastwood dons the cowl.

EDIT: I think that Jervis Tetch (The Mad Hatter) may have been among the Arkham escapees in Batman Begins.  I know that Victor Zsasz was among the list.  Of course, I maybe remembering things incorrectly.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KaosAngel
@L33tfella_H said:
" i remember some rumours going on that the third film would be based on the Dark Knight Returns..which would be pretty incredible. "
Where are they going to pull Superman and the death of Robin out of?  Let alone Wonder Woman and Green Arrow...
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By L33tfella_H
@KaosAngel said:
" @L33tfella_H said:
Where are they going to pull Superman and the death of Robin out of?  Let alone Wonder Woman and Green Arrow... "
 Hence why it would be ''Based on'' the original story.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KaosAngel

...@L33tfella_H: ...it'll be really hard to "base" the movie on the Dark Knight Returns without those key characters as they all heavily involve the climax. 

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By L33tfella_H
@KaosAngel said:
" ...@L33tfella_H: ...it'll be really hard to "base" the movie on the Dark Knight Returns without those key characters as they all heavily involve the climax.  "
Creative Liberties have been taken when re-telling stories before...also, the watchmen film re-told the climax differently just so it would be easier for audiences to go along with it.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KaosAngel
@L33tfella_H: I hope they don't...>_>

Man, the movie would be so bad without the Green Arrow and Superman.  I want to wait about 20 years for the Dark Knight Returns movie.  Christian Bale is older, and can do the role.  I hope...I hope...the Dark Knight doesn't get the Watchmen treatment.  The climax HAS to stay the same...we need that epic fight.
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By L33tfella_H
@KaosAngel: Yea, Dark Knight Returns is one of my favourite Comic Book Storylines ever, and i'd hate to see them do it in a way that wouldn't hold up to the comic.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HandsomeDead

Seriously, Johnny Depp would be a cancer to the franchise as it is. It's bad enough with everyone suddenly being Heath Ledger's biggest fan after one gimmicked performance but another zany Johnny Depp role is the last thing anyone needs, let alone a franchise that is now built on 14 year olds thinking The Joker is the deepest thing of all time when TDK is much more than that.