• 147 results
hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By hero_swe

Super happy for you! Me and my girlfriend are basically in the same situation, me in Sweden and her in Britain. Though we're both going through some things on our side of lives. Really want to visit her so I can give her the biggest hug ever.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By duskvamp

Thank you guys for being so nice to us! I was really worried that people might find it weird and make fun of us for it, but this really is a great community!

@Sooty said:

Best of luck with the long distance thing, may you come across many a cheap plane tickets.

Me too, it's gonna be hard with me starting college in September, as the prices during the holidays are ridiculous!

@Ravenlight said:

Technically, it should be Duderess.

Thank you, I'll correct it in my next blog.

@MarkWahlberg said:

Based on my experience with Indian restaurants, it sounds like you got off lucky, honestly.

Yay internet friends!

haha, any good stories? It was more funny than scary, we were just trying not to laugh during his whole argument.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's a really sweet story, I remember your boyfriends blog about places you two could visit before he came to see you, so it's nice to see you guys had a great time :)

Good ol' Giant Bomb!

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By duskvamp

@mderbs311 said:

If you are willing to make a part two, i would be willing to read it!

I'll get on to part two soon!

@dudeglove said:

Whiskey Media should give you a special t-shirt or achievement or dinner with Brad or something for hooking up.

I would do anything to have Brad at our table, crooning a song with his sultry, dulcet tones. It would set the mood perfectly.

@EvilTwin said:

Did anyone else immediately think Like Crazy? This shit won't end well. But in the meantime, enjoy the halcyon days you young lovers!

Just watching the trailer for it, after Wrighteous told me he watched it on the flight home. I cried like a baby.

@SSully said:

What a great post. Its awesome reading mainly because I thought initial post about going to England was interesting. So seeing the other side of the coin is neat! Plus its a nice little story about two people getting together thanks to giantbomb.

Also nice because oddly enough I am also from Chicago and me and my girlfriends dream vacation is to London. I hope to make the trip someday soon!

London will be in part two when I get round to it. We were only there for 2 days, which definitely isn't enough time. It is an amazing place, but if you go, definitely download the "Travel Deluxe" app, the underground is a mindfield!

@Abyssfull: I should post that at the start of my follow up blog, insisting it be played before reading on.

@theredcoat24 said:

cute story

glad to see I'm not the only American on this site with a British girlfriend

Are you both living apart, too?

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@DuskVamp said:

@MarkWahlberg said:

Based on my experience with Indian restaurants, it sounds like you got off lucky, honestly.

Yay internet friends!

haha, any good stories? It was more funny than scary, we were just trying not to laugh during his whole argument.

Nothing quite as good as accidentally entering the criminal underworld, I'll admit. The restaurant business in India (or at least the parts I visited) is just really bizarre, in a 'we were told what a restaurant is conceptually but have no idea how one actually works' kind of way. Did have a waiter offer to give massages while we waited for our food once, though.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By duskvamp

@Mordukai said:

If this leads to a wedding then the GB staff have to come. Can you imagine, a GB table with Vinny, Brad, Jeff, and Ryan. Patrick can come too but no one is allowed to give him any alcohol.

haha that would be pretty amazing, I'd get married just for that! I wouldn't dream of giving Patrick alcohol, I don't want to be fined on my wedding day for giving alcohol to a minor.

@buzz_clik said:

@DuskVamp: N'awww, you guys are cuter than a basket of buttons.

Also, I want curry now.

I've heard that it's hard to find curry in America, so we definitely had to get some. Luckily the curry we had at my brothers was amazing, that made up for the scary one.

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

I met my fiancée (only 3 months until I'm calling her something else) when my ex-girlfriend's friend accidentally added her to an MSN chat, and we were online (then phone friends) for a few months before finally meeting. People get weird when they find out we met online, but fuck em, it's becoming more and more common every day. I'm really happy for you guys and have no doubt that you will make it work. It is a beautiful story.

One of my friends at work thought that it was really weird, saying that he might be an axe murderer. Everyone only hears the bad stories of people meeting each other online, we both felt weird about it ourselves at the start. We would call each other "pseudo-boyfriend and girlfriend" until things started to get realer and we realised it was actually going to happen. Congratulations to you, good luck on your wedding!@Hero_Swe said:

Super happy for you! Me and my girlfriend are basically in the same situation, me in Sweden and her in Britain. Though we're both going through some things on our side of lives. Really want to visit her so I can give her the biggest hug ever.

That will be the best hug, trust me.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By fattony12000

D'aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I hope you showed him the delights of Jaffa Cakes.

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By TheLark

Had something very similar happen with me, though we are separated now was a nice ride while it lasted (no pun intended.) All the best!

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By duskvamp

@Fattony12000: I did mention to him that we should get Jaffa Cakes. I tried explaining what they were, but you can't understand them without trying them. I ended up completely forgetting to get some.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By fattony12000

@DuskVamp said:

@Fattony12000: I did mention to him that we should get Jaffa Cakes. I tried explaining what they were, but you can't understand them without trying them. I ended up completely forgetting to get some.

Yeah if you describe them to anyone who has yet to try one, they sound wrong, so very wrong. Save that for your trip over to the U S of A I suppose!

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Bravo!! Well done the pair of you for taking the chance. Many wouldn't. Hope everything works out for you.

Still , never heard of a couple taking a Xbox to a hotel before. Maybe a Move...

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By buzz_clik

@DuskVamp: Man, I can't imagine not having access to curry. How does the US do it? Well, I guess by having a plethora of other rad foods that never make it to our shores. But still, no curry is a big one.

Also, I hope you enjoy limes! ;)

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Akrid

Very cute story! Great to see some good come from the internet, something that seems rarer and rarer these days.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By singular

How nice.

Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By OppressiveStink

@DuskVamp:

I have a similar story with how I met my wife. Long distance thing sucked, but worked out for us. Been together for 12 years now!

Best of luck to you guys!

theredcoat24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 22

#66  Edited By theredcoat24

@DuskVamp: sadly yes, were both in school and have no money, but I do have to say were more of pen pails although really really close, we just think it's funny to say that when people ask

though were not counting anything out when we finally get the chance to meet

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Really nice read. Now I want some Indian food!

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By AssInAss

Awwwwww!

But a word of warning, from When Harry Met Sally if things get real serious. Who's going to get that coffee table?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DeF

long distance duder dating. it's a thing :)

really lovely read. the different ways people find each other are fascinating!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70  Edited By wrighteous86

@Fattony12000 said:

@DuskVamp said:

Yeah if you describe them to anyone who has yet to try one, they sound wrong, so very wrong. Save that for your trip over to the U S of A I suppose!

Not to mention that you guys have some kind of secret fruit over there that was criminalized in the States. Don't let these Brits lie to you, fellow Americans! They've got a delicious fruit called Blackcurrant, and they aren't sharing any of it with us!!!

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Aronman789

And so my depression deepens.

Though seriously, that's pretty cool and hope you guys continue to have fun.

And I second that dating site thing, though I'm too much of an ass on here for anyone to want to talk to me, besides probably Claude.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By zeforgotten
@Aronman789 said:

And so my depression deepens.

Though seriously, that's pretty cool and hope you guys continue to have fun.

And I second that dating site thing, though I'm too much of an ass on here for anyone to want to talk to me, besides probably Claude.

Not to kick you while you're down but.. I don't know how to say this... 
Fuck it, here goes. Claude is also married.. Yeah, this just really isn't your day, is it?.. 

Damn it Claude. 
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By swamplord666

but seriously, happy for the both of you!

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#74  Edited By evildeadron

Very cool, hope things work out for you kids.

Danniku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Danniku

Oh my god. Can I just say you two are the most adorable online couple I've ever seen? Hopefully without sounding creepy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An attractive female found a person interested in her, no way!

But damn, a year without meeting each other? The people I've met online that have ended up girlfriends I met in just a few months of first talking.

Kudos anyway!

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By myke_tuna

Good read. Finding love on Giant Bomb... This site has made it.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By wrighteous86

@Ninja_Welshman said:

Bravo!! Well done the pair of you for taking the chance. Many wouldn't. Hope everything works out for you. Still , never heard of a couple taking a Xbox to a hotel before. Maybe a Move...

Let's just say that playing a bit of Viva Pinata really sets the mood for a romantic evening... ;)

@OppressiveStink said:

@DuskVamp:

I have a similar story with how I met my wife. Long distance thing sucked, but worked out for us. Been together for 12 years now!

Best of luck to you guys!

It's so great to hear success stories. We know "the odds are against us", but we can't change how we feel about each other.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#79  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wrighteous86: Ha I recognized you from that picture!  I was wondering which user she was talking about in that post....  Congrats!
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By NathHaw

Yeah, when I saw the pic of you two, I recognized you as well. This is a good story. I'm trying to think of what classic 80's movie theme would be yours.

dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#82  Edited By dvdhaus

Congrats and cute story.

Hoffafiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Hoffafiles

Thanks for sharing, it's a very nice story.

Almost gives me hope ;)

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By wrighteous86

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: @nrh79: I have to admit, it's a really weird feeling being visually "recognized" by my face from a bunch of (relative) strangers. It's hard to describe. My face is out there, but I guess I didn't realize how recognizable I'd be in another random photo.

I guess it's a good thing that I'm worth noticing on here, but it's still a very unique sensation, haha. Thanks for the compliment(?)!

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#85  Edited By Chemin

Aww, that was a sweet read.

Giant Bomb - Bringing people together. Literally. And physically.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By wrighteous86

@EveretteScott said:

An attractive female found a person interested in her, no way!

But damn, a year without meeting each other? The people I've met online that have ended up girlfriends I met in just a few months of first talking.

Kudos anyway!

Believe it or not, attractive people can find happiness through love, too.

We live 4,000 miles away. Plane tickets are expensive. Internet strangers are scary. It took us a while to build up the courage, and the funds, to plan a 2-week trip together in foreign countries. Considering all that, it felt like we moved pretty fast at the time.

I'm curious what your experiences are with online girlfriends. Please share... any anecdotes would surely give us some much needed perspective. This is all really new to us.

Thanks!

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By GreggD

Duderette. Dudetter? Duderetter. This is actually pretty fun.

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By rawrnosaurous
No Caption Provided
MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By MezZa

That's a sweet story. Best of luck to you two in overcoming the distance. Nothing better than that feeling of finding someone great.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By floodiastus

English breakfast is the worst food ever! Other than that... cute ^_^

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#91  Edited By RafaelMei

That was a beautiful story, congratulations to both of you for making it work!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By wrighteous86

@floodiastus said:

I have to admit, I heard all the stereotypes about bland British food, but between the Welsh lamb, the Fry Ups, the Pastys (which I kept calling "pasties""), Meat Pies, and Curry (I know it's not English but it's more common there than the States), I was pretty impressed.

Fry Ups are similar to American breakfast, without waffles and pancakes (which I don't much care for anyway), but with some beans and grilled mushrooms and tomatos in its place. I kind of think I like English bacon better than American bacon too... Much meatier and saltier. European mustard and chocolate is also superior.

Now excuse me while I eat another bite of this Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. I ain't no traitor.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#93  Edited By Claude

I just saw this. Awesome sauce. Happiness is just a click away and then you meet for real. I wish the best for the both of you. 

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Juicebox

No way, that's a lucky dude. That's a cute girl.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By floodiastus

@Wrighteous86 said:

@floodiastus said:

I have to admit, I heard all the stereotypes about bland British food, but between the Welsh lamb, the Fry Ups, the Pastys (which I kept calling "pasties""), Meat Pies, and Curry (I know it's not English but it's more common there than the States), I was pretty impressed.

Fry Ups are similar to American breakfast, without waffles and pancakes (which I don't much care for anyway), but with some beans and grilled mushrooms and tomatos in its place. I kind of think I like English bacon better than American bacon too... Much meatier and saltier. European mustard and chocolate is also superior.

Now excuse me while I eat another bite of this Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. I ain't no traitor.

Well, I only had english breakfast once, but that was the worst experience of my life!

They do have good food in england that is not english though ofc :)

Pizzabump!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TruthTellah

This was a delight to read. I am always intrigued by relationships of this kind, as I had a similar kind of forum-met relationship when I was younger; though, that was back when the Internet was basically just a lot of forums. ha.

You have a great foundation of appreciation for good humor and fun. Always a nice place to build upon. I wish you two the best.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By landon

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Jeff already said it once but GB really needs to get into this dating service thing.

RYAN AND JEFF NEED TO GET TOGETHER ALREADY

The sexual tension on the podcast is getting too much to bare. Especially when they go on for almost 3 hours.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98  Edited By N7
@McGhee: Dude, we're going to have to outdo this. Tell them about the time I saved your ass from -- NOT ONE -- but THREE castles.

@Wrighteous86: You look like Jeremy Renner.

Also, surprisingly heartwarming story. <3
Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#99  Edited By Slag

Awesome!

congrats you two and good luck!

Morrow

Forum Posts