Theme parks, roller coasters...are awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I've rode my fair share of roller coasters, merry-go-rounds, dodgems, go karts and been to a few theme parks. Although, pretty much round my area there is nothing left of a theme park (closed down). So, now I have to travel many miles to get my thrills.

So, when I do get the chance, I certainly make use of the time. One of my favourite theme parks (in the UK) is Thorpe Park because it had some pretty intense rides. There's also Blackpool Pleasure Beach, which is purely great just for its Pepsi Max Big One roller coaster.

Rarely do I travel abroad these days but when I do, it's certainly where I have the most fun. Busch Gardens and SeaWorld in Florida had some pretty sweet rides. Kraken (sp) had an awesome view going up the chain lift and there's a really noisy wooden roller coaster at Busch Gardens that's always a great experience.

Anyone have any favourite theme parks they want to share their thoughts on? If so, what rides do you usually go on when you get the chance to visit the theme park?

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By HairyMike87

6 Flags is pretty awesome. Rode my first roller coaster there. It is probably the best theme park that is close to me. I usually ride the scream machine, el toro, medusa, batman, nitro and a lot of others.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've not been there yet but those parks are certainly on my destinations to go to at some point.

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

HairyMike87 said:
"6 Flags is pretty awesome. Rode my first roller coaster there. It is probably the best theme park that is close to me. I usually ride the scream machine, el toro, medusa, batman, nitro and a lot of others.
"
Did you hear about the guy who got decapitated by the Batman ride?

Anyway, yeah, when I lived in Britain I went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and wasn't impressed much at all, although it cannot be denied that The Big One is one hell of a rollercoaster and definitely the centerpiece of an otherwise sub-par theme park.

Knott's Berry Farm is my favorite of all time, it's just outside Los Angeles and contains the best selection of rollercoasters I've ever seen assembled, aside from maybe Six Flags, but pure sentimental value compels me to view Knott's as superior to Six Flags.

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AndyWilliams24

I love theme parks and rollercoasters. Been to all the ones in Orlando and a few over here in Britain. I guess you can call me a adrenalin junkie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AndyWilliams24 said:
"I love theme parks and rollercoasters. Been to all the ones in Orlando and a few over here in Britain. I guess you can call me a adrenalin junkie.
"
I demand you try out Pepsi Max Big One if you're headed that way sometime.
RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By RVonE

The old Space Mountain ride in Disneyland Paris was the greatest coaster I've ever been on (and I've been on a lot). Too bad the ride was changed (mainly the decor, but it totally killed the atmosphere).

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Funkyhamster

Ehh, I'm not too into roller coasters. I like adrenaline rushes but they're too artificial.

veiledmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By veiledmuffin

Cedar point kicks all kinds of asses.

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadz said:
"Cedar point kicks all kinds of asses.
Yes it does.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

markop2003 said:
"they're pretty good but they don't thrill me like they used to
"
What!?  They're getting better and better! :O
BoldFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By BoldFusion

Roller Coasters and me do not mix. I have a weak stomach, so many wild rides make me feel sick. Shame though, I bet they're a blast.

Kevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Kevin

Is it gay that I like Disneyland? It's like 5 minutes from my house, and to be honest the rides there have a wide variety. Unlike Knott's which is just "whoa ur going really fast" in about 3 different ways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

riverbridge said:
"

Roller Coasters and me do not mix. I have a weak stomach, so many wild rides make me feel sick. Shame though, I bet they're a blast.

"
Hmmm. Merry-go-round for you then? ;)
AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AndyWilliams24

My mother can't even handle the teacups. >_>

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By HazBazz

Can't beat good old Alton Towers. Oblivion and Nemesis still give me the shits whenever I queue for them

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7c31174a7f0
deactivated-5d7c31174a7f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Any ride above 20ft big is enough to make me feel really sick and dizzy once I come off it. My body just doesen't like rollercoaster.

Luckily, rides that spin, twirll and go round and round are still another way for me to get thrills. I don't know what they're called, but those rides that spin you round and round really fast are plain awsome.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shocker

I really wanna go to Six Flags again soon.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HazBazz
WizzyKid said:
"Any ride above 20ft big is enough to make me feel really sick and dizzy once I come off it. My body just doesen't like rollercoaster.

Luckily, rides that spin, twirll and go round and round are still another way for me to get thrills. I don't know what they're called, but those rides that spin you round and round really fast are plain awsome.
"
Yeah I love spinny rides too. I like the Gravitron, where you're inside a big spere, and it spins so fast that you're stuck to the wall. Also, can't beat good old Waltzers.
AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AndyWilliams24

I need to add some Six Flags parks to my list come to think of it.

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hannibal

Went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom a couple weeks ago. $13 sodas, constant advertisements for everything, 2 hour lines for 40 second rides, all had me feeling dirty.

After I got home I went to the end of a cancer benefit that I could have been at all day. Something about the two extremes really made me hate myself.

I don't think I'll be going to any theme parks any time soon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Tower of Terror has the most awesome build up. Forgot to mention that. Anyone been on that at MGM Studios (think they renamed the park recently)?

piecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By piecat

I'm personally a big fan of the Six Flags in california.

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bededog

I love amusement parks. I've been to a bunch of Six Flags parks, a few Cedarfair ones, the Bush Garden parks, Disney, Sea Worlds, Universal and some other ones like Holiday World. Bush Gardens Europe has to be my favorite though. It has five of the greatest coasters I've been on. And it usually has little wait time for the rides.

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bededog
L said:
"The Tower of Terror has the most awesome build up. Forgot to mention that. Anyone been on that at MGM Studios (think they renamed the park recently)?
"
The Tower of Terror is my favorite ride in Disney besides Space Mountain. I've been on the one at MGM and California Adventure. Both are great rides. Easily the best freefall experience out there.
HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HazBazz

Speaking of Tower Of Terror, does anyone know if the Paris version is the same as US? I know the Space Mountains are different (by which I mean Paris's is better).

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Cedar point is amazing if you've never been there then go, its not called the roller coaster capital for nothing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HazBazz said:
"Speaking of Tower Of Terror, does anyone know if the Paris version is the same as US? I know the Space Mountains are different (by which I mean Paris's is better).
"
I would like to know too. I believe they have different exteriors (could be getting this muddled up with California).
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bededog
HazBazz said:
"Speaking of Tower Of Terror, does anyone know if the Paris version is the same as US? I know the Space Mountains are different (by which I mean Paris's is better).
"
I think it would be more in line with the California Adventure one(which is fairly new). It's mostly the same as the one in Disney World. The only real difference was the one in Disney World you moved forward into the drop area. The on in California Adventure you are always in the drop area. You still get the same experience just slightly altered introductions.
RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By RVonE

The exterior is definitely different. The story is also very different as is the decor on the inside. I don't know about the actual ride though since I have not yet been able to ride it.

SmAsH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SmAsH

I'm going to Canada's Wonderland soon and I can't wait to try the new Behemoth ride, man I am so excited, giddy like a little school girl. I really love the rush and adrenaline you get from these fast rides.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bededog said:
"L said:
"The Tower of Terror has the most awesome build up. Forgot to mention that. Anyone been on that at MGM Studios (think they renamed the park recently)?
"
The Tower of Terror is my favorite ride in Disney besides Space Mountain. I've been on the one at MGM and California Adventure. Both are great rides. Easily the best freefall experience out there.
"
I believe they change the sequence every now and then. So, your next visit could be a different experience.
error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By error11

never been on a roller coaster. :/

kornholio360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kornholio360

I love roller coasters and go karts. I go to Hershey Park every few Summers, they have a nice amount of coasters there. I also go to North Wildwood, NJ every Summer, and while it's not an amusement park, they have plenty of rides and roller coasters spread out on 3 piers. I'll be leaving to go there for a week on August 2, so that will be fun.