Things that women don't understand about men?

• 187 results
JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By JessicaBoo
@HitmanAgent47 said:
  @JessicaBoo: Maybe you don't understand me, I lack the ability to care about others. I don't like the fact we have to pretend to be understanding just to be in a loving relationship. Maybe I don't have the emotional response to cuddle.   However it seems the best way to get anywhere these days is to act like all gentlemenly. Is your boyfriend like that? He tries to be understanding, tries to listen to you? Tries to care? help you out when he can? Seems like a good strategy, it works for most ppl these days.   For others, where's your self respect? Yes i'm an alpha male and that's what I act like. I also rarely take disrespect from women, unlike most gentlemen who let's women step all over them.   "

One last thing i have to say to you. My husband to be, he doesn't act, his a real man, that cares. That is his nature and i love him in everyway. He helps because he wants.  

And...... You my man, are an imbecil.  

The end.
Majkiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#152  Edited By Majkiboy

This is what women do, they infiltrate a man-dominated world and wins :P It takes only one!

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Red12b: Let's not try to be enemies, last time I got that many replies things didn't go so well. The more someone replies the more resentful and insulting they are later on, they usually have rage issues. You should speak to me with respect in the future. I'm not saying your wrong, however maybe i'll adapt then. I won't be a pushover, however i'll see if acting more gentlemenly works at all. I doubt it will get me anywhere, however i'll still take the initiative. However don't tell me what to think and your method is the only way to get women out there. It won't work if you go clubbing or after sluts. I have lots to do btw, all the hours i'm always from the site, i'm at martial arts class because I have goals. I don't go out as much as I used to socially, your right about that. I should also be sleeping instead of arguing.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@JessicaBoo: Well usually as an alpha male, I would insult you back. That's my protocol, however i'm not going to take disrespect from the likes of you. However i'm not going to insult you back like i'm suppose to.
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By DrPockets000
@HitmanAgent47: Did it ever occur to you that JessicaBoo's boyfriend acts like he does out of affection?   

Now you're accepting that you lack the ability to care about others.  Do you think acting like a sociopath is cool?  What's most annoying is that you want a nice woman but being nice to a woman in return seems like a last resort.   

Being an ass and letting others walk over you are not the only two ways to act toward women.  it's not black and white.  It's easy to just be naturally polite rather than make the girl feel bad through being an ass.  Where in your books of proof does it say that it pays to be a shithead to women?  
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@DrPockets000: No not in that book, maybe in other books on how to be a player. I mean nice guys finish last, that's why I act like a jerk. I was a nice guy in the past and it only got females disinterested and in the friend zone. It's conflicting isn't it? I like a nice normal relationship yet i'm not emotionally able to.

As she said she likes someone to be confident, I agree with that because the jerk is always confident and doesn't care what others think. I think women likes that.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#157  Edited By Tireyo

I guess that one thing that women don't understand about men is when it comes to the obsession of toys, such as motorcycles, video games, movies, electronics, tools, and so on.

On the flip side, I don't understand why women feel the need to impress a man by wearing make up and jewelry, and also why they feel the need to spend a large sum money on shopping for clothes and accessories.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#158  Edited By Red12b
@HitmanAgent47:  
It's not about acting as a gentleman, it's not a fucking strategy, it's emotions, it's actually caring for somebody else, shit man it seems like you're a bloody robot or something,  

It's not some sort of strategy to get into someone's pants, it's to get into their minds, make them feel the same way you feel about them,  

You don't act, you be a gentleman, dissect that word, gentle-man, I am a man, But I also treat others with respect unless I deem it unnecessary, I care for people unless they show that they don't, I stand up for myself and others and show confidence with my actions, I try and help other people but I am not afraid to defend myself or the people I trust and love, I put my friends and loved ones before myself,  

You can't just act or use that as a fucking strategy like a game of chess, you can't turn it off and on, you are either one or you are not, and unless you change yourself fundamentally you wont grow as a person,  

You are an extremely shallow person, and you have my pity.  
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By natetodamax
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @Red12b: I'm sure i'm much older than you are and I only posted these things from books to bring credibility to my points because you seem to have never experienced any of these common things before.
Why do you need to copy and paste stuff from books to back yourself up? Clearly you don't know enough about the topic at hand to hold your own in this kind of argument. 

As for me, I've never had a proper girlfriend in all my life. I prefer to focus on schoolwork and writing, the latter of which I think I'm pretty good at. I find that people in school who go into these "relationships" are the ones with failing grades. But not me. We'll see who's laughing at graduation.
sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By sjupp

Not that I'm taking sides but damn.. Hitman you seem a little on the edge. First you derail your own thread (not entirely on your own, mind you) and then this..

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By DrPockets000
@HitmanAgent47: Nice guys finish last, but when they do finish they'll be finish with a wonderful, class-A girl that repays their affection with love and affection in turn.  The bad guys get lots of women, but the relationships are either fleeting or will turn to dust because of the antagonism in the relationship.  You're only seeing it at face value.  I strongly dislike the term, but many girls who are attracted to mean guys are what some would call "damaged goods" and have been in, and are used to, an abusive relationship.  It becomes their drug because it is all they know.  Confidence and being a jerk are not synonymous.
JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By JessicaBoo
@HitmanAgent47 said:

"@DrPockets000: No not in that book, maybe in other books on how to be a player. I mean nice guys finish last, that's why I act like a jerk. I was a nice guy in the past and it only got females disinterested and in the friend zone.  As she said she likes someone to be confident, I agree with that because the jerk is always confident and doesn't care what others think. I think women likes that. "

Jerks act confident?

Jerks to me = jerks... I WENT OUT WITH 2 jerks...A Cheater and Women beater and abuser.

Jerks will always be jerks to me. Is nothing confident about that.     

@Tireyo643 said:

"I guess that one thing that women don't understand about men is when it comes to the obsession of toys, such as motorcycles, video games, movies, electronics, tools, and so on.  On the flip side, I don't understand why women feel the need to impress a man by wearing make up and jewelry, and also why they feel the need to spend a large sum money on shopping for clothes and accessories. "

This thread in my opinion remains in the wrong site. Many women here in this site like computer games, hence why we are here. Plus cars, sports, electronics, movies. YES PLEASE! 

Motorcycles, i like them, but i was badly hit by one at the age of 9 since i really never would get on one.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#163  Edited By meteora

The moment there's an actual girl in this thread all kinds of discussion starts happening...

I don't think we're particularly at the point where things get really out of hand; but I was actually hoping that this thread stayed dead until someone necro-ed it. Just keep things civil and not try to generalise too much, I think I've made some serious oversights on the topic. 

I'm all up for closing this thread though. This thread is starting to become a blight in my eyes, dunno why.

OP

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@JessicaBoo: I'll tell you the truth, men does like to cheat. Not all men, however players, they do like to burn other women. The truth is players were once rejected by women alot, so they changed and learned new tactics to suceed. Being more on topic, let's talk about that. Men are very ego driven I suppose, getting more means it validates them. Maybe women doesn't understand that. 

Well I guess I have alot to learn about long term relationships.
JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By JessicaBoo
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"@JessicaBoo: I'll tell you the truth, men does like to cheat. Being more on topic, let's talk about that. Men are very ego driven I suppose, getting more means it validates them. Maybe women doesn't understand that. "

Im done with this. 

Fact remains. You my friend, still an imbecil. 

Peace
obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By obcdexter
@Tireyo643 said:
" I guess that one thing that women don't understand about men is when it comes to the obsession of toys, such as motorcycles, video games, movies, electronics, tools, and so on.  On the flip side, I don't understand why women feel the need to impress a man by wearing make up and jewelry, and also why they feel the need to spend a large sum money on shopping for clothes and accessories. "
I agree with the men-part, however, most women I met in my life were not crazy about shopping and expensive jewelry at all.
Almost all of of them have a certain (the older they get, the more uniquely it evolves) sense of style and like to look their best--it's just that
money, though some of them really are kinda blessed in that regard, is nothing they (the majority) really value highly. Truth be told: Money
can't buy happiness. As a teenager I might have objected, but nowadays? No, decadence and extreme consumerism are definitely not attractive.
The women I met in my life and grew to like (and that's really most of them, actually) all have one thing in common: They are great human beings.
Creative, intelligent, caring; NOT shallow--that's damn sexy in my book and I always fall for exactly this kind. 
JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By JessicaBoo
@obcdexter:
Good for you and AMEN! 

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#168  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

The only girls ever said to me was why men get mad and why men want to be alone and not talk as much.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Red12b
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @DrPockets000: No not in that book, maybe in other books on how to be a player. I mean nice guys finish last, that's why I act like a jerk. I was a nice guy in the past and it only got females disinterested and in the friend zone. It's conflicting isn't it? I like a nice normal relationship yet i'm not emotionally able to.  As she said she likes someone to be confident, I agree with that because the jerk is always confident and doesn't care what others think. I think women likes that. "
You need to look up and understand the words you are using before you write them down.  

Lesson time,  

Nice guys finish last, what a wonderful saying, there is a difference between being a nice guy and having confidence and being a nice guy and being a pushover,  

Jerks (Or dickheads as I refer to them) are confident because being an arsehole is easier then treating people with respect, thus sociopathic behaviour leads them to feel bigger about their self esteem but at the loss of others, the fact of the matter is, these people are usually very ignorant or arrogant, but most of the time they are arrogantly ignorant,  

Whilst on the other hand you can be somebody that treats people with respect aka being a "nice guy" being a nice guy does not mean you lose your confidence, you choose whether that happens or not,  

Women respond to Confidence because it shows that you can take care of yourself, being a pushover or letting anyone walk over you makes you feel less than you should, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be a "nice guy" it means you have to know when people are just trying to take advantage of you,  

Would I open the door for another person? yes, but I would make sure that I would close it right after the person I was holding it for or give the door to somebody else before walking in, I would not keep the door open like doorman, and lose self respect because you are just standing there looking like a dick.   

You have to find a balance,  
Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#170  Edited By Metric_Outlaw
@Gunner said:
" 1. We dont like to be refered to as "cute". If you think we are attractive, "hot" or "smexy" works just fine.   
3. We take our interests very seriously, so dont belittle them. "
Idk about any of the other guys but both of these definately aren't true for me.
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#171  Edited By GreggD
@Green_Incarnate said:
" I seriously don't give a fuck about shopping. If clean pants would just magically find themselves in my drawers (Fuck no, I don't use drawers, but just saying), I would be a happy man. "
What's wrong with keeping your clothing in drawers?
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#172  Edited By Tireyo
@obcdexter:  Very well put!!
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Red12b
@Meteora said:
" The moment there's an actual girl in this thread all kinds of discussion starts happening... I don't think we're particularly at the point where things get really out of hand; but I was actually hoping that this thread stayed dead until someone necro-ed it. Just keep things civil and not try to generalise too much, I think I've made some serious oversights on the topic.  I'm all up for closing this thread though. This thread is starting to become a blight in my eyes, dunno why. OP "
So what, it's ok for it to be a moan-athon but once people start to argue a point it's lock worthy?  
Or is it because of a certain stain? 
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Red12b: That's really good advice, maybe I have alot to learn about being a good guy, yet confident and someone who is the relationship type, yet not a pushover. I just don't feel any nice women out there likes me for me. I have to be a sterotype, have a job, dress a certain way, act like a certain way, be social, understanding ect. I admit i'm a jerk, a douchebag and emotionally cold. I'll have to work on that and try new techiques. For what it's worth, thanks for the advice, even if i'm a jerk, sometimes I just feel nice women out there just hates me and it makes me sort of feel a bit bitter. However you speak to me with respect, I see your post above, you seem sort of like a hostile agressive. You are still accountable for your insults, I didn't go around insulting you personally.
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Well,this thread got ugly fast.

JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By JessicaBoo
@Red12b said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
" @DrPockets000: No not in that book, maybe in other books on how to be a player. I mean nice guys finish last, that's why I act like a jerk. I was a nice guy in the past and it only got females disinterested and in the friend zone. It's conflicting isn't it? I like a nice normal relationship yet i'm not emotionally able to.  As she said she likes someone to be confident, I agree with that because the jerk is always confident and doesn't care what others think. I think women likes that. "
You need to look up and understand the words you are using before you write them down.   Lesson time,   Nice guys finish last, what a wonderful saying, there is a difference between being a nice guy and having confidence and being a nice guy and being a pushover,   Jerks (Or dickheads as I refer to them) are confident because being an arsehole is easier then treating people with respect, thus sociopathic behaviour leads them to feel bigger about their self esteem but at the loss of others, the fact of the matter is, these people are usually very ignorant or arrogant, but most of the time they are arrogantly ignorant,     Whilst on the other hand you can be somebody that treats people with respect aka being a "nice guy" being a nice guy does not mean you lose your confidence, you choose whether that happens or not,   Women respond to Confidence because it shows that you can take care of yourself, being a pushover or letting anyone walk over you makes you feel less than you should, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be a "nice guy" it means you have to know when people are just trying to take advantage of you,   Would I open the door for another person? yes, but I would make sure that I would close it right after the person I was holding it for or give the door to somebody else before walking in, I would not keep the door open like doorman, and lose self respect because you are just standing there looking like a dick.    You have to find a balance,   "

You my friend, are correct. Very correct.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Red12b
@HitmanAgent47:  
Just act on it, the world has too many arseholes, we don't need more.
sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By sjupp
@Red12b said:
" @HitmanAgent47:  Just act on it, the world has too many arseholes, we don't need more. "
And thus concludes the end of this thread. Good day.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#180  Edited By meteora
@Red12b said:
" @Meteora said:
" The moment there's an actual girl in this thread all kinds of discussion starts happening... I don't think we're particularly at the point where things get really out of hand; but I was actually hoping that this thread stayed dead until someone necro-ed it. Just keep things civil and not try to generalise too much, I think I've made some serious oversights on the topic.  I'm all up for closing this thread though. This thread is starting to become a blight in my eyes, dunno why. OP "
So what, it's ok for it to be a moan-athon but once people start to argue a point it's lock worthy?  Or is it because of a certain stain?  "
Both, but primarily because of a certain stain. I was actually glad that the thread died until someone revived it 5 days ago. I sorta had a feeling that something would go down wrong in topics like these. 

Also I edited out the original topic; so now its about what women don't understand about you. No, its not because of one person and now one incident (though admittedly it has thrown me into the initiative of tweaking the topic so yes I suppose its because of that reason), but multiple of people who quite frankly do not like generalisation. Just like how you didn't like me generalising how women don't understand why men worship the Giantbomb crew; which you completely disagreed with. Hope you understand where I'm coming from, in the interest of everyone. Only way to stop all the rubbish that is lumping everyone in one sorta group with all these general ideas of who they are is to stop encouraging it and be more understanding that not everyone's freaking the same.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Red12b: I just had a thought, i'm a jerk, maybe I realised that's probally why all nice women hates me by default. They probally think all I care about is sex and that my attitude doesn't work on them, they aren't interpreting that as confidence. What if all life has to offer me is the sluts at clubs, they are emotionally damaged just as much as I am. Maybe I wish I wasn't so cold emotionally, yet i'm sort of more accepting now of who I am.  

One thing i'm worried about, being the good guy is that it might put me in the friend zone. That's a dead end. I might just revert back to my old behavior.

@dudeglove: Alot of ppl thinks i'm really funny and stuff, they are always laughing. I'm always dead serious.   

For the thread, alot of women doesn't understand how guys can be jerks. Well alot of us are just ego driven alot of guys are like that. Maybe we don't have the best self esteem we don't have the greatest control over our behavior. We find we get rejected alot by women if we are acting nice or we don't know how to change. That's the thing I don't think women understand about some men like me. We act this way because there seems to be more rewards than being nice, or we aren't the nice guy, he was killed by women rejecting him for being nice.

JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By JessicaBoo

The moral of the story is, the best way to around MEN and WOMEN is to be respectful and be yourself.  

Women like to be respected, men do also.   

@HitmanAgent47: All i can say is that you have not met the right person yet. But never for any experience or people that you have met, become a cold, bitter person, people at most time are never worth the effort of being an asshole for. As Red said, close the door behind them and forget about them. No need to be a cheat, or a prick. If women in the first place made you who you are. Then curse them. Those women are just a waste of time. Believe me, i know a lot of women are a pain in the ass. But no one deserves to be treated like an animal.  

There is nothing wrong on gentlemen out there, at the end of the day, men that a nice and confident are the ones that are happilly married, with a girlfriend. Even being nice around friends works.  
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#183  Edited By GreggD
@buzz_clik said:
" You know those times that you get angry at a video game, with all the shouting and ranting and swearing and possibly throwing of controllers? Women aren't on board that and it does, in fact, upset them to see dudes act like that. "
Well, it's a good thing that only happens to me, maybe...once a year. And only when there's no one around. I've learned how to control my "rage" which I don't even have anymore.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@JessicaBoo: What scares me is that I don't think there is the right women out there for me. They don't like me for being me, they only like things about me or if I fit into a certain standard. I find that nice women are the ones who made me who I am, they just don't like me for being nice, then they don't like me for being a jerk. Most of the time, they only care about how much money I make and stuff like that or what is my carrer. I just find ppl very selfish and there is no more of that, I like you for you attitude I got when I was in highschool. Now it's all about money and those other stuff you need these days to appear to be a man, or what they think should be a man.  

For others, yeah let's steer this back on topic i'm sure a few of my post did try to add a bit to the topic, it's just some of the advice i'm getting here is so profound, it might change my life for the better. If anyone wants to talk to me about the topic we are discussing, I suppose you can write me a priv msg or maybe I can ask you for advice later on so we can keep the conversation going there instead of here. You got ppl discussing stuff at least and helped me to understand your point of view better.

Maybe another thing about guys, let me think, guys loves electronics and videogames, sport cars. It's just like toys I suppose, it only gets more expensive and bigger. Men really likes eletronics, we don't always like cars, yet we know women does. Still we really liked to be entertained, we sometimes likes how electronic stuff works. Sometimes women wonder why we spend so much money on electronics and material goods. These days i've been spending more and more each time for electronics. Having a nice hdtv, electronics, videogame platforms really makes me happy.
scarycrayons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#185  Edited By scarycrayons

I can't figure out why women don't find it incredibly hilarious whenever someone says "tits or gtfo", "there are no girls on the internet", "you're a girl so you wouldn't understand", and so on.  They're really well-thought-out jokes, and should entice more females into gaming communities, but they just don't seem to show any interest in this higher form of humour!  Why can't women just be logical and tell us how great our creativity is for coming up with this stuff?  Instead, they just stop showing up when they keep hearing that in a certain game or community.  I don't get it at all, it's as if they hate comedy.

Relatedly, sarcasm is the lowest form of humour, and anyone who uses it kinda sucks. 

JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By JessicaBoo
@HitmanAgent47:
Haven't you thought that the women you've met were the "jerks" in the first place? I just think you enclosed in this "women never will like me for who i am" mindset that has become who you are. Your emotions within you show of on the outside too. For example. If your happy and laughing, most of the time, people around will be laughing and happy too. If your a "jerk" most people around you will be a "jerk" too. There is a saying that says: 

"Treat people the way you want them to treat you"  

Also, i have a feeling that you're the sort of person that expect an instant result to change, "IM A GOOD GUY NOW" one thing is realising when you go wrong and changing, but the other one is actually changing and keeping the change for good and for the better. You are worrying about things that you shouldn't. Is not about fitting to a certain standard. Heck, i don't fit into many of the women related standards. I hate shopping, i don't care if my boyfriend has a better job than i do, or  that i have a better job than he does. I hate fashion, im always in that so called "fashion" 1 - 2 years later.  

In our now day society, when people meet someone else, the first thing they look, is if they are nice to the eye physically and if they are not, they are turned away. A lot of men and women out there, are nice to the eye, but never get a second chance to actually show that they have better merits to who they are as people other than how they look. Many people are generalised for how they dress, look, and react to certain things in life.   

I get told often, your pretty... But do i actually care than im pretty? No. All i want is to be accepted as i am. Is more to me than my looks alone. I get more satisfaction when people say, hey Jessica, you are talented at this, or you can do this job well, or hey Jess, your amazing just the way that you are. Who doesn't feel nice when other traits get complemented?.  

Yes sex is good, sex in a relationship to me is way better, the cuddling at the end, so loving and natural. Holding hands, knowing that you can have someone that you can trust and love and smile too, is an amazing feeling that no one should be deprived of. But unfortunately in the world that we live in today, no many people get the chance to experience the actual feeling of love and that is sad. It doesn't mean you have to be a "jerk" because of it tho.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Karl_Boss

This thread is retarded....everything said is going to be a generalization.