Valkyria Chronicles: The Animation - What do you guys think?

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By the8bitNacho

I've been keeping up with the Valkyria Chronicles anime as episodes have been released over the last six months or so, and I'm actually quite pleased by the accuracy of the translation.  Aside from some issues I have with Alicia Melchiott's more anime-female stereotyped role, they're captured the essence of each character exceptionally well. 

As expected, the series plays out as more of a look into the interworkings of Squad 7 rather than focusing too much on the battles themselves.  I consider this a good thing, considering the character development in the game was minimal and the battles were on the lengthier side.  In this regard, it fits well as an extended narrative piece to the game itself.

Anyone here on Giant Bomb been keeping up with it? 

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to throw this into the Valkyria Chronicles forums.  Sorry about that.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

Going to move this to off topic then.

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer

I watched the first two episodes.  I do enjoy that it isn't just a battle an episode.  Sadly, I just can't seem to watch very many anime shows anymore, so I just called it quits after episode two.

One thing I did notice, and I think another website mentioned this, that the breasts on all of the women of the game are much bigger in the anime than the game. 

Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dovey

I just picked up the game yesterday I have played through the first couple of chaps,  I have enjoyed it so far and will probably look forward to seeing the anime once I've finished the game