Warning: Your Tattoo artist may leave without mention.

• 63 results
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Bruce
@iam3green: 

I'll send you a PM with the links tomorrow. SLEEPY TIME IS NOW!
Scarz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Scarz09

gutted mate
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Give him the money, call him an asshole and just go to someone better and not make the situation worst by not paying him.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Alex_Murphy

That sucks, But I doubt they can do anything to you legally. I'm assuming there is no written contract and the only way for them to even try to force you to pay anything is to sue you. And the agreement wasn't just for the price, but for guy X to do the work. Tatoos aren't like getting an oil change where everybodys work will produce the same result. If you agree to buy a Picaso, the art gallary can't substute an Andy Warhol painting even if it's valued at the same amount.

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Bruce said:
" @Adamantium:   Actually, I may have to pay more for the new artist to finish it. This guy may have different rates and ways of charging; however, they may give me a break due to the situation. "
This is the thing, the studio did state that he contacted everyone and it's obvious he didn't. If he really wanted to pursue the outstanding amount, he'd have done it by now. What I'd do is get a quote from the new guy to see how much he'd take to finish it.  If they want to make it right, much like ADAMANTIUM said, they'll try their best to accomodate you.

Interestingly enough, I'm just after getting my first tatttoo. I had originally scheduled a 'consultatio' months ago, but forgot about the appointment and I didn't fancy waiting another 6 months to see these guys, so I went to a more traditional place in Glasgow. Talked to the guy on friday and organised to do it the tuesday. Bloody 3 hours it took, I can only imaging how long your was!
Tricky76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Tricky76

While cost is an issue I wouldn't focus on that aspect too much - you're gonna have to live with it for the rest of your life, and a bit of financial pain now may be the difference between great art and something that just bugs you every time you look at it.  And a two hour commute for something you are really happy with, and is consistent, seems like a small price to pay to me.      

I'd talk to your former artist though, there may be more to the story than you are being told - you were talking to his former employers after all, and they have a vested interest in keeping your business.   

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Bull-friggin horseshit!

(Bill Left 4 Dead)

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By MrSnow
@Bruce: Post a pic please
Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By hunkaburningluv

so have you thought what you are going to do?

grainger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By grainger

hes in breach of the what i would imagine is a verbal agreement, hell if you were willing to fork out on a solicitor im sure you could get compensation from him
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By jakob187
@Bruce: You have no legal ramifications to worry about.  The job was unfinished, and if you paid him $400 on a job that was unfinished, then it means you've got your $400 worth (whether you agree with that or not is subjective).  Dood took off without notifying you, so frankly...just cut him out of your brain.  The worry will kill you. 

Pro tip:  research your artists carefully.  Before I started going to Art & Sol here in town, I knew a lot of those guys from other ink shops they had worked at.  They've all been working together for a LONG time, so I know that they aren't going anywhere.  I usually say that you should have at least three visits with an artist before any ink is even done, just to hang out around the shop, get a feel for the place, chat a little with the artist in-between ink jobs, and also see how he works.  Granted, I broke that rule when I got my last tattoo (as I didn't really know that particular artist), but again...I know that the shop has guys that have been working together for nearly ten years, so I know they aren't going anywhere...and I know that Grasshopper and Big John wouldn't bring on someone who sucked at doing ink. 

Hopefully, you can have some good sit-downs with the new artist and get a good layout for the color on that piece.  I'm curious to see it completed finally!
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By Red

Ugh. I hate tattoos. I understand the novelty or wanting one for a short amount of time, but dude, that stuff is permanent. You will grow old with a freaking tiger on your leg.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bruce
@Red: 

So? I'm an adult and it's my decision. ^_^