Watchmen ad down already?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't really know what else to put in here besides...

"What's up with that?"

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

JEFF (and Ryan, Brad, Vinny, Dave, Drew, etc.), I WANT YOU TO MAKE MONEY!!!!!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Comic Vine still has the ads. I imagine it's probably more effective there anyway.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb
LordAndrew said:
"Comic Vine still has the ads. I imagine it's probably more effective there anyway."

So...they should have it in both places.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Maybe they payed for a short trial, and if that went well they'd buy more ad space? That happens a lot in the advertising industry. And them being gone doesn't necessarily mean that they don't plan on buying more ad space, they might just have not finalized the deal yet.

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about the advertising industry. I just made all that up. It sounds believable though, so it might be right.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
BiggerBomb said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Comic Vine still has the ads. I imagine it's probably more effective there anyway."
So...they should have it in both places."
Maybe it just wasn't getting enough hits so they removed it to save us from annoyance? I don't know.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb
MattyFTM said:
"Maybe they payed for a short trial, and if that went well they'd buy more ad space? That happens a lot in the advertising industry. And them being gone doesn't necessarily mean that they don't plan on buying more ad space, they might just have not finalized the deal yet.Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about the advertising industry. I just made all that up. It sounds believable though, so it might be right."

Giant Bomb doesn't pay for the ads, they get paid to host the ads.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
BiggerBomb said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Maybe they payed for a short trial, and if that went well they'd buy more ad space? That happens a lot in the advertising industry. And them being gone doesn't necessarily mean that they don't plan on buying more ad space, they might just have not finalized the deal yet.Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about the advertising industry. I just made all that up. It sounds believable though, so it might be right."
Giant Bomb doesn't pay for the ads, they get paid to host the ads."
I know. I meant the watchmen dudes payed Whiskey for a short trial, and might buy more ad space if it went well, not the other way around. I assumed people would assume I meant that without me explicitly saying it.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

The deal probably involved having ads on Comic Vine for a longer period of time, because that audience would be more likely to click the ad and buy the product.
If they find that the Giant Bomb ads worked well, then they might return. But for now, head over to Comic Vine. Click the ads and buy the motion comic. Whiskey Media deserves your support.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb
MattyFTM said:
"I know. I meant the watchmen dudes payed Whiskey for a short trial, and might buy more ad space if it went well, not the other way around."

Ahhh, ok.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike