• 66 results
mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By mrjared

While I grew up in the 80s, I was always drawn to the cartoons of the 70s when I was a little kid. Sure, I'd be watching stuff like G.I. Joe, Transformers, Care Bears and Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers, but I was glued to the old Hanna Barbara shows like the Herculoids, Hong Kong Phooey, Josie and the Pussycats and of course, Johnny Quest.  

Which just so happens to have my favorite cartoon theme song ever- 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By ravensword

God, way to many to name, but heres a few.  

Rugrats, Batman: Aniamted Series, both 90s Sonic cartoons (own both of them on DVD), DBZ (again, own some of it on DVD), Are you afraid of the dark?, Doug, Animaniacs, Bonkers, Pinky and the brain, Beast Wars, and honestly way to many more.
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Shazam

X-men The Animated Series (Orginal). When I hear that amazing opening theme tune, I well up. It just reminds me of the good old times. That feeling of being genuinely amazed by a cartoon, those guitar riffs still evoke in me that innocent, excitement induced delirium. I'm the youngest of a family of 8 big comic book nerds so they would always smile knowingly as I gasped in delight when it was revealed that Jean Grey was The Phoenix or what exactly Apocalypse really had in store for "Muuutaaaants". I was terrified of him, I'd always hide behind the couch. It's funny how a cartoon can encapsulate my entire childhood, but this one does. When I watch it, I remember exactly how I felt and I literally become that 6 year old again. Good times. 

Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Zombie

Hey Arnold and Reboot. Good ol' Canadian TV.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By penguindust
@MrJared:   I didn't realize for a long time that the original theme was the same one that was used in the 90s update, The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest.     The mid-80s version of the franchise, The New Adventures of Jonny Quest, stuck closer to the original theme. THEME LINK

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Warfare

Pole Position 
G.I Joe
Transformers

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Illmatic

Dragon Ball Z brings back memories of hoping the bus home would hurry up so I wouldn't miss when Goku finally went Super Saijan. 
 Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes brings me back to Lazy Saturday afternoons watching cartoon network marathons.
Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Laboratory, and Samurai Jack remind me of Saturday night cartoons. I wasn't aware of the existence of Saturday Night Live till high school so Saturday night's with cartoons was where it was at for me back then.
Pokemon and Digimon was like this holy duo for me. I got excited whenever that token whistle would play whenever a Digimon was about to evolve but nothing compared to a Pokemon evolution when I was a kid. It was fun seeing Pokemon I had caught in the game animated on the television show.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By darkmoney52
@Synthballs said:
" Angry Beavers, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, CatDog, DBZ (Freiza Saga seemed to last most of primary school), Pokemon (Before Johto and Orange Islands), Scooby Doo, Dynomutt, Ed Edd and Eddy, Dexters Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, The Weekenders, Aladdin...  I could go on and on trying to think back to my saturday mornings but, I have a shit memory "
Awesome list. I would add Rocko's Modern Life (Who just got the theme song stuck in their head reading that?), Spiderman, and X-men. And Beast Wars.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Willy105

Rocket Power, Dexter, Powerpuff Girls, etc.

But I thought this meant about new shows that bring nostalgic qualities about old shows, like Flapjack.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

TMNT
 And those snowboard kids,Rocket Power.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Coombs

DragonBall

NOT DragonBall Z or any of that crap, The Original.

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By fallen_elite

No Caption Provided
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Coombs
@fallen_elite said:
"

No Caption Provided
"
OMG
I must get these now,
....You Bastard
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65  Edited By Mushir

Tom & Jerry. I always know what's gonna happen but I still laugh out load everytime. The best cartoon ever created.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RetroIce4

Cow & Chicken. Max Steel (Terrible Show), Reboot, Rocket Power, Rugrats, Kenan & Kel, Recess, I guess Johnny Brovo... but it still comes on occasion, CatDog, ect.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DukesT3

Probably anything on Nickalodeon back in the early to mid 90s. Old TMNT, tom and jerry, and a bunch of crap I cant think of now but yea. I miss those days.. =(