What do you think of your time in Junior High?

• 87 results
Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

7th grade wasn't all that bad, socially. grades were another thing. during the summer between 7th and 8th grade, i moved in with my dad and transferred schools. i made the flip to start doing my homework. my grades were spectacular. socially, however, it was a different story. to this very day, 15 1/2 years later, i absolutely loathe each and every one of my former classmates from the 8th grade. most of the bullshit was a result of a central california/so-cal rivalry that i didn't know existed at the time. i was the new kid from so-cal living and attending school in central california.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That's grades 7-9 right? Those three years were weird for me.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By karatetron

@Milkman said:

I fucking hated junior high. High school was much better for me.

This. Junior high was the fucking worst.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By TheGreatGuero

It was cool, but short. I liked it. 2 years isn't a very long time, though. What sucked is that after middle school, there were 4 nearby high schools for us all to go to, so all my close friends went to other schools and I lost touch with all of them until recently. I made new friends in high school, and towards the end of high school, I realized I really did enjoy it.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Middle school was the worst. I had no friends, was awkward and going through puberty, and was overworked with eight classes a day. High school was freakin' sweet though, four classes a day, one of them being either gym or band. College is meh so far.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Slaker117

Probably the most forgettable period of my life thus far.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By dichemstys

My music taste was garbage.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timlump: Depending on your school, Elementary School either goes from your first year (Kindergarten) to your sixth year (5th grade) or your seventh year (6th grade). Depending on this, Middle School is either from your seventh year (6th grade) to your ninth year (8th grade) or from your eighth year (7th grade) to your ninth year (8th grade).

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
@SMTDante89 said:

It was Hell on Earth. You're stuck between feeling like a kid and a teenager/adult and it leads to some awkward and irritating moments. Plenty of fights and bullying and all that too. I don't think I was ever as depressed and angry as I was when I was in middle school.

Same here. Also, why aren't schools well moderated by the adults? Seriously, not knowing what's going on in their own environment is how school shootings happen. But of course, they and parents blame it on violent media like music, video games, movies and TV. 

Anyways, my experience is filled with gang bangers, drug dealers, racist, assholes, and even the teachers are asshole. Which explains why I failed. 

And for those who are in school, if you fail a class, the teacher is part of the problem. It's not 100% your fault.  

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By beeftothetaco

Mine was nothing special. It taught me how to hate people though.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By Simplexity

Was alright I guess, miss it when I think about it, last time I actually could just fuck around all day not doing anything, once I started high school I had to start doing homework and shit.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By MezZa

It was probably the worst and most forgettable period of my life so far. Everyone seemed either continuously pissed off, caught up in some bullshit nonsense drama, or going through the awkwardness of growing up. I pretty much just trudged through it the best I could with a core group of friends I enjoyed hanging out with and could rely on. Luckily high school dropped two of the three and just ended up being people caught up in a lot of nonsense drama, so that was much better by comparison. A lot of the stuff before college just seems silly now.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Junior High (we called it middle school) was the best part of school, everything else has fucking sucked.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@beeftothetaco said:

Mine was nothing special. It taught me how to hate people though.

This.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By rachelepithet

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Turambar

You know what's worse than high school kids going through puberty?  Middle school kids pretending they're going through puberty.  I didn't hate it, but Middle School was the shittiest stage of public schools for me.  High school on the other hand was great.  Everyone was a nerd.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#68  Edited By ajamafalous

I enjoyed a lot of it but hated a lot of it, too. It was nice having zero responsibilities.

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By obinice

@chrismafuchris If junior high school is Secondary School (11 to 16) then it sucked. It was one of the worst and most oppressive times of my life. Children are quite often dicks, especially teenagers. I doubt anybody enjoys being bullied, and almost everybody, certainly everybody I know considers themselves to have been bullied at school, to varying degrees.

Were I to go back as the person I am now, oh man it would be sweet.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#70  Edited By Hailinel

It sucked.

Then the Junior high was disbanded and reorganized into a middle school, and it sucked even more.

MrXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#71  Edited By MrXD

Been there, not going back

nickb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By nickb64

It was kind of alright I guess. Better than High School because my friends went to the same school as me the whole time. People were kind of dicks, I went to a private school, and this one asshole poked me with a pencil several times every day until the teacher finally saw it (most of the class period was spent with the class taking notes off the board while the teacher shopped for purses and shit online) and believed me, then gave him a week of detention.

High school was shit for the most part, especially after I transferred to a school in the next county after my grandma died. I went to a private high school 9th-10th grade, then public school 11th and 12th grade. Some people were cool, mostly the ones in classes I took like tech classes and German. I'm not great at getting to know new people, and most people I know well went to my old school and I hardly see them any more. I don't hear from them a whole lot either.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MentalDisruption said:

It was probably the worst and most forgettable period of my life so far. Everyone seemed either continuously pissed off, caught up in some bullshit nonsense drama, or going through the awkwardness of growing up. I pretty much just trudged through it the best I could with a core group of friends I enjoyed hanging out with and could rely on. Luckily high school dropped two of the three and just ended up being people caught up in a lot of nonsense drama, so that was much better by comparison. A lot of the stuff before college just seems silly now.

Yup

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74  Edited By Bruce

@chrismafuchris:

I went to an Israeli private school for those years, and here were some of the highlights from my peer pressured years: I smoked cigarettes in the staircases, ran a wannabe blackjack ring with a bunch of kids who used to cut all of the religious classes with me, wandered around the building and broke things with other people (such as new computer equipment...we actually took the cardboard boxes and made a backyard wrestling thing out of them having locked the room from the inside), and had an altercation with a Rabbi (which he provoked) that led to a three week removal from his class. That guy and I really threw down, and he completely screwed me. They took away my graduation awards and gave them to someone else last minute, and I was denied by every private high school I applied to afterward despite phenomenal entrance grades; and the little bitch gave me Cs for my final report card out of spite. This was all after, by the way, a sincere apology that he said he accepted by way of the Torah's teachings on forgiveness. I'd kick his ass if I ever saw him again, for lack of a better expression.

airconditionn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By airconditionn

@FunExplosions said:

I have almost no memory of junior high. Is that bad?

Not at all. I really don't either. Maybe it's because I never really got settled in due to going to three different middle schools and moving 4 different times.

As far as how I enjoyed them? I met some pretty amazing people during those years that I'm still in contact with, and one of them was the guy that eventually lead me to this site.

Also, I was probably the shittiest student in existence. I was quiet and I got along with everyone, but looking back on journal entries & such (I journaled avidly back then), I was just as much of an ego-maniacal douche as I am now. Just more insecure about myself.

airconditionn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By airconditionn

@N7 said:

I never went to high-school. I was sitting there all warm and snug, literally had my entire life before my eyes. I was so excited and anxious for the world and to see mommy and daddy. But you see, I was aborted; murdered in the fetus. So I never got a chance to go to high-school. I never got a chance to do anything.

33 million. That's the number of babies aborted daily in the United States. Say "no" to Abortion, and "yes" to the lives of unborn babies today!

I'm generally a Pro-Lifer but... this... oh God the laughter...

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By fenixrevolution

I enjoyed it, although it was the beginning of the end for myself academic career. Started doing stupid things and my grades never bounced back. But it was good times all around.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#78  Edited By Little_Socrates

Worst year of my life happened in junior high. Leader of my first real social group committed assault & battery on school grounds at the end of seventh grade, lost all my friends as a result, then started hanging out with a depressive who turned me into a racist asshole for most of eighth. Only reason I got out of that shit was because the cops got called on him and I making a prank call to a kid it turned out he'd been harassing for six months. Seeing as I'd never done anything to the kid before in my life, nothing serious happened, but needless to say it was "uncomfortable."

High school, though, was great.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By thebunnyhunter

My time in junior high was good, like all the other years. I had alot of fun teachers and was generally well liked. I really enjoyed watching all the "drama" people were having during that time. I also saw the most hilarious fight in my homeroom, that was fun. Simpler times....

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Meowshi

It was fucking awful. I literally had about three friends, and we were the biggest losers in the school.

Also, we called it Middle School like civilized people.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Mmmslash

I was severely "uncool" through middle school. Always tried to force myself into any group of friends I could muster, was severely disliked, had rampant dandruff (which is super rad if your name is Dan, YOU PUT THE DAN IN DANDRUFF never got old).

Then I decided I would go to High School in another city, clean up my act, and just be me. And suddenly I was super well-liked, friends with the majority of my classmates, and genuinely popular.

tl;dr middle school was dildos, high school was wonderful

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#82  Edited By TobbRobb

I didn't have a problem. School was easy without even having to stduy, I could talk to literally anyone "though if I wanted to is an entierly different question" and I never had a problem with bullies.
I never thought it was fun though, I was pretty well liked, I just didn't like them back, too big of a interest gap.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By InternetCrab

I was pretty popular in school, so it wasn't that bad.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#84  Edited By Hizang

I enjoyed my time at primary school, it seems crazy now because that was the time when games like MGS1 had just come out, CRAZY!

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Dunchad

Meh. Spent most of junior high drunk and skipped classes so much that I almost didn't graduate (despite doing well on tests - mandatory attendance and all that).

Overall it wasn't very fun and I was glad when it was over - but I did experience so much in those 3 years that I guess it was worth it, in the end. Making dastardly escape from the fuzz on my crappy moped while drunk, without a license or a helmet after doing brodies in the police station parking lot. Rescuing my friend from a drunk trucker by threatening him with a billhook. Waking up at a friends cabin and deciding to walk few dozen miles back to town while having no idea where I actually was and being terrified that I would get attacked by bears. Ahh, the good times.

And of course, EverQuest.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By crusader8463

Really hated middle school because:

• Grade 6: I got some old 200 year old cranky bitch of a teacher that used to pick on me constantly. Up until this point I loved coming to school, despite the constant bullying, because I loved learning. She destroyed that love of coming to school to learn and from that point on my grades started doing bad and I could never get that love for learning that I used to have back. If it wasn't for that fucking cunt I know I would have had a much different life.
  • Grade 7: A girl moved to our school and she was my first "love". We became best friends almost instantly, but without going into detail she ended up breaking my heart and we never really got along after.
  • Grade 8: For the first time in my life I made friends in grade 7, and we were inseparable. Then grade 8 happened and they all moved away. One of them had to move out west because their dad got transferred there, and the other two just moved into the city. Was never aware of why though. However this was the year I got into playing Magic Cards, which would lead me to making new friends in Grade 9 and give me a few years of feeling like I had friends until grade 11 when we all drifted away. They all decided to put hoes before bros. One of them ended up knocking one of them up after High School and is now living in a trailer park with like 6 kids with her. So I feel kind of better about it in some twisted, dirty, evil way.
Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87  Edited By Ben99

BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE . I just needed to stress that out because it really was . High school is when hell broke loose as I got an anxiety disorder which pretty much ruined highschool , college and marriage . Damn it's been a decade .

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By crusader8463

@Dunchad said:

Meh. Spent most of junior high drunk and skipped classes so much that I almost didn't graduate (despite doing well on tests - mandatory attendance and all that).

Overall it wasn't very fun and I was glad when it was over - but I did experience so much in those 3 years that I guess it was worth it, in the end. Making dastardly escape from the fuzz on my crappy moped while drunk, without a license or a helmet after doing brodies in the police station parking lot. Rescuing my friend from a drunk trucker by threatening him with a billhook. Waking up at a friends cabin and deciding to walk few dozen miles back to town while having no idea where I actually was and being terrified that I would get attacked by bears. Ahh, the good times.

And of course, EverQuest.

Jesus really? You were getting drunk and skipping school in grades 6-8? That's like 12 years old.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#89  Edited By 71Ranchero

It was fine. Not memorable but not miserable. I do miss High school though.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#90  Edited By penguindust

I have nothing against my days in junior high school. I first began playing computer games while there. The school's library had a computer lab which had some Apple 2's and we'd get in the back and play Oregon Trail, Lemmings and a few other semi-educational games. I met one of the best friends I ever had in junior high and he remained my closest friend through college. Sadly, we drifted apart after that, but I still look back on those days with great fondness. If I had to choose between high school and junior high, I'd say I had a better time in high school, though. Junior high is all about puberty and pimples while high school is a bit more certain than what to make of our changing bodies.

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Dunchad

@crusader8463:

Junior high here is grades 7-9, so 13-15 for me. First time was indeed back in 6th grade, but junior high was when most of us started drinking and by 8th grade it was pretty much every weekend kind of thing.

But thanks to getting an early start, by the time I could legally buy alcohol (18), I had grown bored of it. These days I rarely go out drinking and if I do, I always stop few beers short of drunk.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By crusader8463

@Dunchad said:

@crusader8463:

Junior high here is grades 7-9, so 13-15 for me. First time was indeed back in 6th grade, but junior high was when most of us started drinking and by 8th grade it was pretty much every weekend kind of thing.

But thanks to getting an early start, by the time I could legally buy alcohol (18), I had grown bored of it. These days I rarely go out drinking and if I do, I always stop few beers short of drunk.

I see. That makes more sense. Around grade 8-9 was my first time drunk as well, and by the time I graduated High School I too was kind of over the whole drinking thing. I was never a weekend drunk, but I did it enough times to have regrets and learn a few life lessons and know that it's not a thing for me.