• 99 results
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Fajita_Jim

Firefox. Can't live without my extensions, and Chrome doesn't have all of them.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By alexl86

I've used firefox for quite a few years now. I've tried Chrome to see if it was any better, but quickly changed back. Opera is servicable, but it just seems very clunky to me.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By benspyda

Firefox became more and more unstable with each release. Chrome is where its at.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By nintendoeats

Firefox hasn't let me down yet.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By NTM

Used to use Internet Explorer on this laptop, now it's only Chrome.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By shinboy630

Chrome all of the time. Hell I even use it on my phone now.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By matthias2437

Was a Firefox guy until about a year ago, then I switched to Chrome and never looked back.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58  Edited By aurahack

@ZeForgotten: You should check out the Hover Zoom extension. I can't live without it, especially for sites like Reddit.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By John1912

Chrome is the shit. Everything else is a buggy, cluttered fucking mess.

Rehtayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rehtayne

I've been using Opera for years now. Don't really see a reason to change either.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Aus_azn

@Sooty said:

They really need to add built-in PDF reading to Firefox though, it's the only thing I miss from Chrome.

By built in, are you talking native? I know Foxit Reader (which you guys ALL should be using instead of Adobe's shitty and slow reader) does support opening PDFs in Firefox.

Personally, I think Chrome is still missing too many features. I only use two extensions for Firefox (Download Statusbar and Adblock Plus), and I'm on the Aurora 12a2 build. What I like is that Firefox gives me a lot more options to screw around with, from cookies and identity management to RSS feeds. My FF already pretty much looks like Chrome, only having the single address/search integrated bar, a back button and home button. I think if it wasn't for RSS and the automated elimination of personal data, I would be using Chrome. I do need that "Private Browsing" instance, because there are times that I need to open multiple Google accounts simultaneously, so forcing Chrome to perpetually run Incognito isn't really a viable option.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By xyzygy

I think it's awesome how Chrome is the newest browser and has managed to steal so much users.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Firefox. I keep trying to use Chrome and I do so for about a month or so then I always end up coming back to Firefox because I just like the feel of it soooooo much more than Chrome.

downtime58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By downtime58

I go back and forth between Chrome and Firefox. Chrome on the laptop, but Firefox on the PC.

thevamp25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By thevamp25

Chrome all the way.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By iam3green

firefox is the way to go. i usually watch streams on chrome though because firefox is laggy.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By Ben_H

Chromium on Mac, Chrome on PC.  I'm switching to Opera on Mac though because Chrome and Chromium keep locking up randomly when there's Flash stuff in more than one tab.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By fourby

It was Firefox for a while. I downloaded Chrome at release and it crashed twice in 15 minutes, immediately uninstalled it. Gave it another chance in about a year, loved it ever since. And wow, 64% chrome in the poll. that makes me smile.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By WickedCobra03

Firefox and Opera basically. I like opera for a secondary browser, but I have been using Firefox since it was 0.3 Phoenix. I will admit that after 2.0, the browser got pretty bad as far as now being a slog where it used to be pretty light weight when first installed with not much of the extra crap I will never use, but after they started hitting like versions 6 or so, it started to get way better in that sense.

BTW, I hate this new +X.0 release every month or so. I preferred when 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 where big departures or leaps rather than the way it is now. Sucks that they are just basically trying to catch up to chrome for no reason.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#70  Edited By Hizang

Safari, its the one that came with it and it does everything I want it to.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By Vexxan

Chrome!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Mercy_

@AngelN7 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Been using Chrome for a few years and I can't go back to firefox.
Even weirder is that I only use two extensions on Chrome and not a gazillion like I did with FF for some reason.

Only two i need:
Silverbird
No YouTube Comments

Oh wow I didn't know such useful things exist on the Chrome Web store... That Youtube extention is awesome!

If you're looking for cool Youtube extensions, there's an auto-replay one that's pretty banging.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JoeyIA

Voted Chrome but I'm starting to use Safari more. Xbox.com seems to have lots of peoples with IE (which, considering, is kinda' fucked up) and Fire Fox just fucks up lots. I've tried Opera before because their seems to be this vocal minority of people who say its really great but most websites don't support it which makes it not worthwhile.

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By duder123

Firefox because of the extensions and I don't want to be part of the botnet.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#75  Edited By Cube

Not even a contest. Chrome.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By Zleunamme

The I use the most is Firefox. Safari only gets used because of my macbook and iphone defaults to it. I tried Chrome but I'm more comfortable with Firefox. For some reason, these discussions remind me of the web browsers war between Netscape and IE.

ze_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ze_ro

Opera gets my love

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By probablytuna

Chrome is so great.

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DXmagma

Firefox. I used Chrome for a while but it wouldn't load images sometimes.

Bayonetta_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Bayonetta_

Chrome.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#81  Edited By swoxx

I've been using chrome for a good long while now, previously Firefox.

Chrome has been acting weird lately though, crashing and shit.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By fini_fly

I haven't voted yet as use Chromium. So would that fit under Chrome or Other?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AngelN7

@courtney12490: Oh thanks I just checked the Chrome web Store, there are tons of great extentions and so far no need for updates wich is great I hated that about Firefox.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Canteu

I recently switched to chrome, but i use FF for magnet links and direct download links, because for some reason these don't work on chrome. Direct links, at least for podcasts, just take me to a player in a new tab.

Magnet links are just empty.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By hockeymask27

chrome

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SlasherMan

Firefox. Can't browse with the addons.

domsalvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By domsalvia

Rockmelt, chromium base with social network and RSS add on features is pretty nice.

Also supports chrome extensions given the chromium base, for the extra bits you can't live without...

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By DeF

I still prefer Firefox over Chrome mainly because of the plugins I use (they still suck in Chrome)

I have Chrome installed as a backup browser, though.

but wtf is MSN Explorer?! another MS browser? who needs that?

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89  Edited By ultimatepunchrod

Always Chrome. Never IE. Never again.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#90  Edited By JasonR86

@DeF said:

I still prefer Firefox over Chrome mainly because of the plugins I use (they still suck in Chrome)

MSN Explorer was an old browser released by Microsoft. I used in the early 2000's because I didn't know any better. But it is still a browser people can use (I have no idea why you would want to though). Here's some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSN_Explorer

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

There's more than one?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By DeF

@JasonR86 said:

@DeF said:

MSN Explorer was an old browser released by Microsoft. I used in the early 2000's because I didn't know any better. But it is still a browser people can use (I have no idea why you would want to though). Here's some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSN_Explorer

weird, never heard a thing about it.

I was sad that the late Netscape Navigator wasn't an option in the poll, though :D

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Sooty

@Aus_azn said:

@Sooty said:

They really need to add built-in PDF reading to Firefox though, it's the only thing I miss from Chrome.

By built in, are you talking native? I know Foxit Reader (which you guys ALL should be using instead of Adobe's shitty and slow reader) does support opening PDFs in Firefox.

Personally, I think Chrome is still missing too many features. I only use two extensions for Firefox (Download Statusbar and Adblock Plus), and I'm on the Aurora 12a2 build. What I like is that Firefox gives me a lot more options to screw around with, from cookies and identity management to RSS feeds. My FF already pretty much looks like Chrome, only having the single address/search integrated bar, a back button and home button. I think if it wasn't for RSS and the automated elimination of personal data, I would be using Chrome. I do need that "Private Browsing" instance, because there are times that I need to open multiple Google accounts simultaneously, so forcing Chrome to perpetually run Incognito isn't really a viable option.

I just mean that in Chrome a PDF from a website will open in a tab instead of having to be downloaded which is really handy, there's workarounds on Firefox, such as having a PDF get opened through Google Docs but it's pretty ass in comparison to Chrome's implementation. I'll try the Foxit Reader implementation out, I've just been using the super barebones Sumatra for PDFs.

It's not a dealbreaker though, I mean I don't use PDFs that often but it is something I wish they'd add to Firefox already.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By James_ex_machina

Chrome is the best. On my G5 I use Firefox.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Sooty

@James_ex_machina said:

Chrome is the best. On my G5 I use Firefox.

There is no best anymore. Only what you prefer, the differences between actual web browsing between Safari (OS X version), Chrome and Firefox aren't noticeable, the only real variables are start up time (I have an SSD so I don't care about this), how big a fan you are of extensions and memory usage. (Chrome eats memory like crazy when you get to a high number of tabs - not that I care, I have heaps of RAM)

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use a mix of Chromium and Firefox UX.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firefox just doesn't work quite right on 64bit. I always have it crashing or what not. On my older xp desktop, its perfect. Rarely ever crashes or anything.... But on my windows 7 64bit system...it does nothing but crash when the going gets tough.

Now chrome, you have to have some serious hardware, but if you do...it is the best. It takes up more of your ram and cpu usage, but it is less likely to fail compared to the others. I highly reccomend it for 64bit windows 7. Each tab in chrome, is its own.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Aus_azn

@Sooty said:

@Aus_azn said:

@Sooty said:

I just mean that in Chrome a PDF from a website will open in a tab instead of having to be downloaded which is really handy, there's workarounds on Firefox, such as having a PDF get opened through Google Docs but it's pretty ass in comparison to Chrome's implementation. I'll try the Foxit Reader implementation out, I've just been using the super barebones Sumatra for PDFs.

It's not a dealbreaker though, I mean I don't use PDFs that often but it is something I wish they'd add to Firefox already.

Yeah, Foxit runs in a tab. I find it's far better than Adobe's ass-slow implementation on both their desktop client and what I remember of their integration in older IE versions.

craigbandicoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99  Edited By craigbandicoot

Chrome coz it's good and stuff! Don't take my word for it though, Try it for yourself!