• 98 results
#1 Edited by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

I was thinking about it, and since Pulp Fiction is on at this very moment, I wanted to know what you fine people think. I can't remember all of Tarantino's major films, so that is why I'm not making this a poll.

For me, personally, I would have to say that my top three in order are:

3 (tied). Kill Bill Vol. 2 / Inglorious Basterds

2. Death Proof

1. Pulp Fiction

The writing is always stellar, but I just find the story most interesting for Pulp Fiction, and I love the chase from Death Proof. So well done. I neglected to mention Reservoir Dogs, which was definitely up there, but I just don't know if I can say it's MY favorite. Everyone has different tastes, of course.

#2 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

True Romance

#3 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@TheHumanDove: That is fifth for me, man! Lol

#4 Posted by uniform (1832 posts) -

I don't know. Pulp Fiction is my favorite. I saw it in the theater twice. The general consensus around movie forums I've been a part of believe IB is his best work to date.

#5 Posted by sanchopanza (247 posts) -

From Dusk Till Dawn

#6 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@axlrose15: Ah ah ah...that was more Robert Rodriguez' movie than Quentin's.

#7 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@uniform: Didn't seem as loved by the critics, but it had stellar acting and great writing, as per usual.

#8 Edited by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Kill Bill Vol. 1. 

I don't like Quentin Tarantino. Kill Bill was pretty awesome (B-Movie Action with cool characters, awesome soundtrack and respectable writing.), Pulp Fiction was ok(I liked it. It was a fine movie. That was fine in all parts. But i didn't thought it was a masterpiece...), Inglorious Bastard was HORRIBLE. They promised Jews killing Nazis and what i've got was hours of talking so someone could burn a cinema? MEH. 

EDIT: I forgot to say why i don't like Quentin Tarantino movies in general: I don't like their pacing. They barely captivate me.

#9 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

I'm gonna go with Inglorious Bastards.

#10 Edited by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

Pulp Fiction.

#11 Edited by kuz101 (209 posts) -

Four Rooms.

But really Pulp Fiction.

And Reservoir Dogs.

#12 Posted by nerdsbeware (223 posts) -

Personally, Inglourious Basterds recently dethroned Pulp Fiction. The opening sequence of IB had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. The bar sequence was another one that just had me hooked and waiting. Pulp Fiction has some great, memorable moments to it, and overall is just an awesome story, just something about Basterds that really swept me up. Kill Bill Vol. 1 comes in a close second to those, the O-Ren Ishii fight and everything leading up to it is such a fun bit of film.

#13 Posted by QuantumMC (3 posts) -

I'm surprised there's no love for Reservoir Dogs in this thread. For me it's a close second to pulp fiction.

#14 Posted by Aegon (5411 posts) -

Inglorious Bastards was kind of false advertising, but I'd say it's my fave, because the dialogue is actually pretty great and engaging. Other than this though, the only QT movies I've seen were the two Kill Bills. 

#15 Posted by sanchopanza (247 posts) -

@SpencerTucksen: Yeh true, but didn't he write it? I mean what are we talking here, director only movies? In that case Reservoir Dogs was real good.

#16 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Inglorious Bastards i've seen that movie a couple times and it's really awesome.

#17 Posted by jlev880 (204 posts) -

Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction

#18 Posted by BigBrobawski (29 posts) -

Pulp Fiction.

End of story.

#19 Posted by Strife777 (1503 posts) -

Pulp Fiction is by far my favorite, but I love all of his movies (the ones I have seen).

#20 Posted by SuperCycle (332 posts) -

I used to love his movies, for me the only one that I can still watch is Reservoir Dogs, so I think that is his best film. I really don't care for his more recent films.

#21 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
  1. Kill Bill Vol. 2 - superman
  2. Pulp Fiction - SAY WHAT AGAIN? I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU MOTHERFUCKER, SAY WHAT ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME!!!!
  3. Kill Bill Vol. 1 - wiggle your big toe
  4. Reservoir Dogs - you don't believe in tipping?
  5. Inglorious Bastards - Milk
#22 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

Well, Rodriguez wrote and directed. Tarantino helped, but it was definitely more of Rodriguez' film, in my opinion. Reservoir Dogs was great.

#23 Posted by alexl86 (620 posts) -

I haven't seen Death Proof, and can't remember anything about True Romance or Jackie Brown(though it is on my "to-view"-pile), but I'm pretty sure that Pulp Fiction is the best film he's made. It's certainly the most influencial.

#24 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

Pulp Fiction

#25 Posted by Marbazoid (55 posts) -

Jackie Brown

ehohehl.

#26 Posted by uniform (1832 posts) -

I was shown True Romance a couple years after seeing Pulp Fiction. I had no idea Quentin was involved with it prior to watching it, but once it started, that QT dialog hit me upside the head. I didn't even need to see his name in the credits.

#27 Posted by DonChipotle (2694 posts) -

Death Proof with Reservoir Dogs in second. Death Proof gets unfair hate because it was shown second in Grindhouse even though Death Proof is the better movie.

#28 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Pulp Fiction followed by Inglourious Basterds.

#29 Posted by yinstarrunner (1182 posts) -

Pulp fiction for sure.

#30 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Inglourious Basterds by a significant margin.

#31 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@DonChipotle: It's the much better movie. I loved everything it, and for what it is, it's perfect.

#32 Edited by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

The dance scene from Pulp Fiction is based off a scene from one of my favorite films so I am going with that.

#33 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@uniform: I absolutely agree with you. He's more known amongst the public for the brutal violence, but it's all about the dialogue and story in his movies. The violence that is in them just happens to be gruesome.

#34 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@DonChipotle: YOUR OPINION IS WRONG BECAUSE I LIKED PLANET TERROR! U MAKE ME SAD! 

Seriously, i never saw Death Proof. So i can't say a thing. I don't even know what is it about. But Planet Terror was pretty awesome.
#35 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

dont care what you say but From Dusk Till Dawn was awsome and I give all credit to the foot fetish king, QT!

But I really enjoy all of his movies and have to go with Inglorious bastards for the mere fact that they were hunting nazi's for they scalps.. First time watching it and i couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it was. Kill bills were ok but I see them on tv way to much and pulp fiction is ok.

#36 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

Kill Bill, Basterds, then Reservoir Dogs in 3rd.

#37 Posted by TheHT (10915 posts) -

Pulp Fiction, but Kill Bill 1 and 2 are not far behind.

#38 Posted by DonChipotle (2694 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@DonChipotle: YOUR OPINION IS WRONG BECAUSE I LIKED PLANET TERROR! U MAKE ME SAD! Seriously, i never saw Death Proof. So i can't say a thing. I don't even know what is it about. But Planet Terror was pretty awesome.

Death Proof is Tarantino giving homage to car movies in the same way he gave homage to Japanese samurai and kung fu revenge movies in Kill Bill

#39 Posted by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -

Kill Bill

#40 Posted by FavoritoBandito (170 posts) -

Pulp Fiction, followed closely by Basterds for me. Reservoir Dogs not far behind.

#41 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@DonChipotle: That sounds cool. I love car movies.
#42 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Jackie Brown, easily. Pulp Fiction not far behind.

#43 Posted by rachelepithet (1350 posts) -

Kill Bill 2 by far, its the most... reaching beyond his normal audience. Others may out-action, out-twist, out-70's, out-dialogue it, but I think its the most overall complete package, with a hero that isn't in some way flawed beyond the capability of sympathy- ie. a real hero not anti-hero.

#44 Posted by musclerider (589 posts) -

Death Proof

#45 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@DonChipotle: @MikeGosot: Basically, it's his homage to movies like Bullet and The French Connection, with stellar car chases. But I DO think the setup story for it is pretty good.

#46 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

Pulp Fiction. Resevoir Dogs and then Inglorious Bastards. My least favorite is Jackie Brown but I still love Jackie Brown.

#47 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

It's either Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs; I can't pick one.

#48 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@FiestaUnicorn: I haven't seen Jackie Brown yet, but it looks great, to me.

#49 Posted by 1337W422102 (1005 posts) -

Pulp Motherfucking Fiction.

/thread

#50 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (713 posts) -

for me, pulp fiction is his best work. it's a timeless classic.