Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

DS9.  It moved away from the preachyness of TNG and showed a more realistic side of the Federation and Starfleet. 
I think it also had the most well developed cast of characters and I prefer the idea of having an over arcing storyline, rather than simply the monster of the week.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pazy

I have a strong love for all of the Star Trek series, even Enterprise, but I think Deep Space Nine is the best for the over-arching story and a greater depth given to factions due to focusing on them for longer.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By fox01313

Enjoyed the original series, tNG & DS9 alot more after watching them through again though DS9 did get bogged/slow in some spots but overall fairly good foundation. I think Voyager was a neat idea though because barely anything was familiar (cultures, section of space, ect.) that it didn't quite catch on for most of the people I know. No clue what was going on with Enterprise so hopefully whatever comes next for Star Trek tv series will be good though not sure what directions they can go after all the crazy from tNG & DS9.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss

No series has, or ever will have, as great a cast, or characters as good as the original series.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mazik765

Anything with Data and Riker's beard.

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By mowgers

I'll fight in DS9's corner against all comers, although I do acknowledge it takes a while to get going. TNG and TOS are great as well, and Voyager's funny, but not intentionally (mainly in-jokes about Harry Kim being a pussy and how Tom Paris is probably stoned ninety percent of the time). 

Enterprise can go suck it.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

Despite all the hate it seems to get I really liked Enterprise ... I dont get why people hate it so much.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel

It's cool that you included the animated series in this, though I doubt anyone will vote for it.

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@fox01313 said:
"

Enjoyed the original series, tNG & DS9 alot more after watching them through again though DS9 did get bogged/slow in some spots but overall fairly good foundation. I think Voyager was a neat idea though because barely anything was familiar (cultures, section of space, ect.) that it didn't quite catch on for most of the people I know. No clue what was going on with Enterprise so hopefully whatever comes next for Star Trek tv series will be good though not sure what directions they can go after all the crazy from tNG & DS9.

"
Voyager was a great premise, but suffered badly by horrible writing and the bad producers.  My biggest gripe with the series as a whole (other than the characters) was the fact they were lost at space, with limited resources.  How were they able to keep the ship in pristine condition, especially after the ship suffered extensive damage.  I think it would have helped the story a lot of this played more of an issue and we saw the ship falling apart as the series went on and how that was affecting morale and the crews desperation.. instead of the occasional flimsy 'moral choice' episodes that ended up making the Captain come across as an utter psychopath.   

So much of the show just didn't make sense, why is it okay to interfere with planets with races involved in civil war..  But not when the planet is about to suffer complete annihilation by natural disaster?  It goes against what the prime directive was supposed to stand for, and even ignoring Star Trek ideologies, the ethics were mindbogglingly badly written.. and things only got worse with Enterprise.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel
@WinterSnowblind:   I didn't watch too much of Enterprise, but wasn't it the case that the Prime Directive didn't exist at that point?
owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By owl_of_minerva
The Next Generation seems like the most consistent and quality series to me, but I haven't watched enough of the other series to say for sure.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@WinterSnowblind said:
" DS9.  It moved away from the preachyness of TNG and showed a more realistic side of the Federation and Starfleet. I think it also had the most well developed cast of characters and I prefer the idea of having an over arcing storyline, rather than simply the monster of the week. "
But BS9 was like the Sci-Fi version of 'Days of Our Lives'. I swear it was a soap opera.

TNG was the best. Not as campy as the original, not as deadly-serious as those that came after.
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Hailinel said:
" @WinterSnowblind:   I didn't watch too much of Enterprise, but wasn't it the case that the Prime Directive didn't exist at that point? "
Yes, which only makes their moral choices even more bizarre.  
onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By onyxghost

Next Gen was hands down the best. The original series was outstanding, and for its time it was ground breaking. Yet, for I'm gonna curl up on the couch and nap enjoyment Next Gen all the way.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By delta_ass

TNG was the pinnacle of the franchise for me. It all went downhill from there.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Hailinel:  it really was just for completion's sake
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By actionTACO

sorry nerds, the answer is TNG. DS9 was a dumb soap opera for military fetishists. 

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By SBYM

The letters T, N, and G come to mind.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

DS9 is my favourite. The darker storyline was really awesome. The dominion were fantastic enemies and the crew were fantastic.

RaceKickfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RaceKickfist

Nobody can dispute the impact of TOS, but in terms of "television show structure," TNG raises the bar in every sense. TOS was still in the "60's razzle-dazzle let's do the charleston" early days of television, when the medium's potential was still partially unrealized. All the other shows are/can be  fun in their own quirky way, but the real debate here is between TOS and TNG.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By JJWeatherman

I grew up with TNG, so I really couldn't go with anything else. I went through a heated Star Trek phase for a while.