What is the worst movie you have ever seen?

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By inkerman
@Jay444111: Starship Troopers 2 is miles worse, ST3 is at least watchable (until the end when it gets all Jesusy).
butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#152  Edited By butano

Think that title would have to be handed down to Thankskilling

The only reason I watched it was because the artist that draws AmazingSuperPowers helped out on it. It didn't help the movie whatsoever.
redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By redbliss

The Happening is easily the worst movie I have ever seen.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By Romination
@HandsomeDead said:
" V For Vendetta, Riddles of the Sphinx or Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. "
I sifted through this thread just to see what you'd say. May I ask why V for Vendetta?

I have to say I've only turned off two movies ever. First was Napoleon Dynamite. Second was M*A*S*H.
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By McGhee

Without a doubt the worst movie I've ever seen is The Happening. Holy shit, what a travesty.

thunderPIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By thunderPIN

Robocop 3. An absolute train wreck from beginning to end.
me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By me3639

There are too many bad films to name but for reference i am going to guess the following sucked:

Starring Kate Hudson, except Almost Famous
Made by Tyler Perry
Anything that includes a Wayans brother
Any remake of slasher films from the 70's-80's
Any SNL 10 minute sketch made into movies. There are a few exceptions, but for every Wayne's World, there are a dozen Ladies Man.
Starring Jack Black, for the most part excluding of course School o Rock and Orange County, but  would someone please help him pick some more good scripts.
Anything with the word Twilight, or Transformers in the title.
You have a chance with a 2 in the title,  a very slim chance for a good time with 3 ,and just send me your money when paying to see a 4.
Poster and promotion is quoted by someone you never heard of as, "The ______ movie of the year!"
A lot of Stephen King book adaptations, and Julie Roberts movies are like a box of chocolates, you get the real deal, or just plain shit.
Video Game adaptations.
Pre 2000  Comic book adaptations.
"Dance", "Sing", or "Married" is in the title

That probably knocks out a couple hundred movies. Hopefully that helps.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Romination said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
I sifted through this thread just to see what you'd say. May I ask why V for Vendetta? "
Cheaply made, poorly directed and bad acting make it a bad film but it's the horrible political message that just makes it super gross.
Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Tonic7

Probably Thankskilling or Pterodactyl (starring Coolio - for real). Actually, Pterodactyl was so horrible I felt compelled to buy it.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@HandsomeDead said:
" @Romination said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
I sifted through this thread just to see what you'd say. May I ask why V for Vendetta? "
Cheaply made, poorly directed and bad acting make it a bad film but it's the horrible political message that just makes it super gross. "

Poorly acted eh?

Cheaply made eh?

As for poorly directed, the movie flows wonderfuly, and as a fan of the book it the events are re-arranged and potrayed in a great way squeezing the story into a resonable runtime.

Yeah that message is sure disgusting all right, how could anyone believe in such a thing?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#161  Edited By landon

Transformers: Rise of the Fallen

KontX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By KontX

Mystery Team

delogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By delogo

Samurai Cop?

Samurai Cop.
ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ArcLyte
@Kazzurak: Dark Star is a cult classic and was Ridley Scott's main inspiration for a little movie called Alien.
Breguet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Breguet

well lets see  Cannibal women and the advacado jungle of death. GI Joe, American Kickboxer 5, Nick fury agent of shield,  you guys should be thankful if Avatar, Kill Bill  and even Battlefield earth are the worse movies you've seen. I've seen stuff that makes those look like a hitchcock did them.  Wraith!? Malibu Bikini shop!?  We can do better here! Postman pftt thats not bad.

Sorry I had to sign up just to say start diggin the deep well for this. THere are much worse movie out there then these. Well Outside the turkish start wars... that may be the worst movie ever made anywhere.

Including Mannequin 3.  I almost put down Hamburger the motion picture but that was kind of funny...

Hey Giant bomb BTW first post.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#166  Edited By Sooperspy
@Gumby said:
" Anything made by the "Scary Movie"-people. They need to stop. "
After Scary Movie 2, they just got horrible.
Breguet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Breguet

kudo's for samurai cop now we're talking worse movies!

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@HandsomeDead:

District 9 is a far superior movie to Avatar

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#169  Edited By FesteringNeon

Anyone answering anything other than Troll 2, obviously hasn't watched it yet.
bongoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By bongoboy

I just saw the Green Hornet. Don't know if it is the worst movie I have seen or if the disappointment is just fresh in my mind.

IamTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By IamTom
@tachyon said:
" Mine would be Battlefield Earth with John Travolta. "
Totally agree, that movie is a huge pile of shit.
Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By NoCookiesForYou
@Jay444111 said:

" I know which is actually the worst movie ever made. Here it is, the death of cinima. (yep, that bad.)

It is so nightmarishly bad that I could actually grab a piece of paper, puke on it, and it would still be better than this for the fact that puking on just a piece of paper accurately takes some skill. (sick skill... no pun intended.) Everything horrible you can think of a movie is within this one, but 10 times more cheesier and moronic than humanly thought possible. If aliens ever find our planet a total wasteland and saw that this movie was the only surviving culture of our planet, they would thank God for getting rid of us so they wouldn't have been subjected to this awful quality of movies.
"
Shame because the original Starship Troopers was actually pretty decent.

Dude what... are they using old CGI assets in this? Because some of it seems from the first ST movie.
Breguet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Breguet

Man troll 2 eh not bad enough IMO... Yes I have seen it have you seen this
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By HandsomeDead
@xaLieNxGrEyx: A hammy monologue, a dodgy special effects shot and acting like the 'governments should be afraid of their people' ethos is anything better than strawman politics isn't going to convince me that V For Vendetta is anything other than garbage. And Avatar is far better than District 9 unless you're one of those people who uses the word 'Hollywood' as a derogatory term, which I imagine you do.
zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By zidane_24

Meet the Spartans was pretty fuckin' bad.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@HandsomeDead:

I respectfully disagree with you, as District 9 is one of the most original movies I've seen in years. I hold no interest in ever watching pocahontas  in space ever again. I thought it was an ok movie, and worked better as a technical marvel than it will ever work as a great movie. However you're entitled to you opinion and we must obviously share much different tastes.

Also, I was far more impressed with District 9 visuals anyway, Avatars only stronghold. Last time I saw human actor CGI character interaction that impressive and rasing the bar would be back in the Jurassic Park/Alien days (aware that cameron did Alien)

I'm just of the impression that Avatar is one of Cameron's  worst movies and nothing really special.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By HandsomeDead
@xaLieNxGrEyx: Explain to me what was original about District 9 aside from its locale. It's a film about apartheid that replaces the black population with aliens. If Avatar is Pocahontas in space, District 9 is Enemy Mine in South Africa.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@HandsomeDead:

District 9 concepts and themes are far more original than anything I saw in Avatar, and was shot for pennies in comparison. The ending of District 9, the way the story was presented, the overall qualtiy of the story alone as well as the outstanding special effects bring the aliens to life as well as the films climax, all add up to a movie that I'll always remember and will always hold as one of the greatest movies ever made.

You can simplify District 9 down to alien persecution but that is really far from fair at all. Sure that's a major selling point in the plot, but on top of that we have the relationship between the main character, his wife, and her fathers motives to allow him to die in order for Humans to be able to use Alien weaponary/profits. We have his unfortunate fate, his fight for survival, the promise left to him that he will be cured, and his desire to return to his wife.

Avatar on the other hand, while far, far from a bad movie, was just a little slopping in some parts to really make it memorable for me at all. It was awesome in theaters, and the blu-ray is gorgeous but when it comes down to it Avatar is a lot of flash. I never really believe the relationship between the dude in some alien copied body and a native, the movie runs a little long,  the dragon flight scenes are amazing, the world is well crafted, the writing is rather poor, the acting is good considering the mediocre script, and the films climax reminded me a lot of Final Fantasy 9.

While watching Avatar I was also never really convinced what I was watching was real. The contrast between cgi and live actors was pretty blantant. I felt for the aliens in District 9 because they were so believably human it almost seemed like an impossible feat. They crafted the aliens in district 9 in the light of a species trapt on earth with no way home. You feel for them, and it's one of the many ways the film succeds on multiple levels.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#179  Edited By EVO
@bonorbitz said:
" @EVO said:
" The original Last House on the Left. "
Yeah, that was pretty bad. Although I recall the rape scene was "well done" because it disturbed the shit outta me. "
In that respect the film succeeded, cause I also felt dirty after watching it.
slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#180  Edited By slax

Transformers 2
The Hebrew Hammer (If you could even call this a movie)
Legend

I can't pick just one...

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By ninjalegend
@HandsomeDead:  You do know that governments should be afraid of their people is a concept adopted and held dear by our founding fathers? If you are a citizen of the USA and did not, shame on you. If you are a citizen of another country my pardon.  Where is the Lincoln Force when you need them. LOL.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By HandsomeDead
@xaLieNxGrEyx: Almost nothing you've said that you liked about that film is original in any way. The concepts and themes of reconciliation with an alien species are almost exactly what Avatar is getting at, only on a smaller scale, and it's weird that you praise the climax of the film because, much like the slasher ending of Sunshine, it's a pointless exercise in action that betrays what came before it. To carry on the Avatar comparison, that film's final battle is not only much better, but contextually works better because of the film's framing. This may be a personal thing, but Blomkamp's direction reminded me a lot of David O. Russell in that there's no consistency to it; it starts as a faux documentary then drops that pretense halfway through for no particular reason.

Again, nothing about what you've said is remotely original. Interspousal relationships have been done before, same with stories of sacrifice. It's done fine, but it's nothing new, and the black and white morality of the supporting characters is no deeper than that of the characters in Avatar. The primary difference being that besides for the overarching message of being all green and cool with nature, Cameron poises the film as an old fashioned adventure, most likely what gets the film the whole Pocahontas in space tag; District 9 is super serious in what it does, because it is definitely a film all about the apartheid, and ends up feeling far preachier than Avatar, simply because there's less to admire when compared to the blockbuster once you strip away the message.
Avatar image for harvey_the_pooka
harvey_the_pooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I don´t care about the Story and the plot holes I have to say the Transformers cartoon movie is pretty shitty. But hey, it´s Transformers!

Parkingtigers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Parkingtigers

District 9 and Avatar are both good movies.  Arguing which one is better is kind of pointless, especially in a thread about the worst movie ever seen.

I guess Avatar has to take the flak from the cool-kid backlash crowd now that Titanic is no longer the biggest grossing film of all time.  Go back a couple of years and that movie would have been namechecked several times already in a thread like this.  I'm also pleasantly surprised there has only been one mention of Twilight so far.  (A movie that I have not seen, and which I won't because I'm not a 40 year old housewife or a teenage girl, so not part of the target audience.)  It's cool to hate on that too, though it is clearly competently made at the very least which has to automatically exclude it from these kinds of lists.

Always tricky to answer the question though, so many zero-budget straight to video titles that would most honestly take the crown.  I guess we always set a minimum bar at which to start judging things though.  For me, I'll name the only movie that ever made me walk out of the cinema:

Scary Movie

Now see, I've sat through some really shitty movies in my time.  I enjoy a good car crash of a film once in a while, cheesy B-movies can be an actual pleasure, and I'm willing to put up with a lot of bad movie if there are just some redeeming features to justify my attention.  When I go to the cinema, I'm doubly determined to find something in the movie to justify my time and expense.  Hell, I sat through to the end of Judge Dredd and that movie makes me want to kill people.  Scary Movie though, now that was just utterly pointless.  After 10 minutes, my wife was asking if we could leave because it was so bad.  I told her to wait, as I wanted to give it a chance.  Another 10 minutes later and I did my first and only ever early exit from a cinema.  Life was just too short to watch a bunch of terrible actors ham-fisting their way through the script of other movies, with the (very) occasional non-funny joke laid over the top.

You know what, I'm actually kind of keen now to go back and watch it again, just to see if I can make it any further in.  I'll certainly be going at it with a higher blood alcohol content level though.
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#185  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
Meet the Spartans 
Didn't watch it, but if i had it would be the worst movie i ever watched, every and all other movies are better than this piece of s***.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@HandsomeDead:
Points taken, and I respect you can stand on your opinion. Only a few things I want to add though is

1. The faux documentery I thought was an excellent way to tell the back story without stretching boring runtime. And I feel the way it "ditched" it was intentional, to move on with the story of the films characters.

2. I also feel the movie justified it's action packed ending, it built and built towards it it's whole running time. Also, the ending shot with him making the "trash flower" is imo one of the greatest shots I've ever seen. The alien father and son's relationship and their desire to get home, on top of his desire to be reunited with his wife all seemed like justifiable reasons to fight their way to what they both wanted. Also the alien "evolution" throughout the film was expertly done and it you could feel the change as the minutes passed on.

3. I think the 'serious' theme and setting of D9 also worked into it's favor, just on the perspective that what was happening in D9 seemed a lot more real, almost plausable, and the characters plights are by no means light and happy in anyway. Now, in Avatars defence, it loses no points for not being totally serious or real/plausable because it wasnt going for that, and it worked great as a fantasy/action movie.

I just feel, that 10 years from now, D9 will be remembered for it's story, acting, and emotional character bonds, and Avatar will be remembered for it's ingenius technology and 3d camera tech that was used to shoot it.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@Parkingtigers:

I hate Twilight as much as the next guy, but in the films defense, they're actually a step above the complete and utter waste of paper the novels are.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Not counting getting drunk with a bunch of friends and riffing throughout the entire movie like I did for Showgirls, The Happening, and most recently Boondock Saints 2. 
I would say willingly it would be Garbage Pail Kids which I blame on a horrible video store that had free kid's rentals and an endless supply of bad 80's kid's movies.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Catwoman by a mile

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#190  Edited By Yanngc33

Sucker Punch

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Tennmuerti

Eragon.
Walked out of the theatre.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#192  Edited By mylifeforAiur
@phish09 said:
" Gattaca.  "
Humbug, Gattaca is an amazingly under-rated film.
Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Sayishere

I cant really think of many on the top of my head, first one that springs to mind is Resident Evil Degeneration...just because it bored the shit outta me

Also the Last Air Bender was quite bad i thought....the pacing was just really bad.
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Hack.

Some cheap horror film about a bunch of kids on an island being killed off to make a snuff movie.

mewstu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By mewstu

skyline

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Mahonay
@Underachiever007 said:
" The Fantastic Four. "
Yes.  Fantastic Four was the first movie that popped into my head.  I got dragged to the theater by my friends when this came out.  The only time I can remember that I actually wanted to get up and leave the theater.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Ghostiet

The Room.

On a more even scale - Equilibrium or the Polish Palimpsest.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#198  Edited By mfpantst
@tachyon said:
" Mine would be Battlefield Earth with John Travolta. "
Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Either Uwe Boll's "House of the Dead" or  "Beat" with Courtney Love, can't even remember how I ended up watching that one but I just wanted to hang myself it was so bad.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#200  Edited By Skald

Legion was just a horrible movie.