What next after the Space Shuttles?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By EpicSteve

Teleportation.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Beaudacious
@tfsteefs:  I really do want them to make space ships so i can leave you to rot in your atrocious living conditions. Oh god, your personal computer, xbox 360, a roof over your head, food in the fridge. Maybe we should send you off to india, africa to really understand atrocious living condition. Unless you have mental/physical impairment there is no reason to be on food stamps, if you don't want to improve your own living conditions then please do stay on food stamps. I have no remorse for drunks/addicts/criminals/bums living on food stamps, I've known people who've dropped six figure salaries to start from scratch, non-english speaking people who've immigrated to this country with less then nothing, and they've all perceived learned english purchased houses, and have great families.

Social benefits are important, but not being a lazy fuck is just as important. Maybe we can build space ships to send morons like yourself into deep space, so you can be with your fellow moron kind.
UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#53  Edited By UltorOscariot
@tfsteefs@tfsteefs said:

16.2% unemployment in the United States. Send a shiny rocket to the moon to stare at rocks.

@tfsteefs: Better than throwing it down the toilet on anti-poverty programs.  Untold hundreds of billions spent, and as you would be more than willing to point out, the poor are still among us.  At least the rocks aren't ungrateful and screaming "MORE!".  
Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Kandycane2029
@Beaudacious said:
@tfsteefs:   Maybe we should send you off to india, africa...
Not enough white people there for him to stay butthurt at, since that seems to be his thing.
UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By UltorOscariot
@tfsteefs said:

@UltorOscariot said:

@tfsteefs@tfsteefs said:

16.2% unemployment in the United States. Send a shiny rocket to the moon to stare at rocks.
@tfsteefs: Better than throwing it down the toilet on anti-poverty programs.  Untold hundreds of billions spent, and as you would be more than willing to point out, the poor are still among us.  At least the rocks aren't ungrateful and scream "MORE!".  
ah, the randian ubermensch has decided to grace this thread with his appearance 
Quaint.  Meanwhile, I'll deal with results.  Space programs at least bring some really nice exotic paper weights from far away lands, and from time to time, insight into the nature of the universe.  Poverty programs deliver still more poverty.  
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Aronman789
@Kandycane2029 said:
@Beaudacious said:
@tfsteefs:   Maybe we should send you off to india, africa...
Not enough white people there for him to stay butthurt at, since that seems to be his thing.
I think its a fetish.
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By actionTACO

fuckin' lazy poors holdin' back the uss enterprise!! 

literally me irl, taking ur space dollars 
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By actionTACO

that dollar was going to pay for a new warp core!! grrr you lazy dog!!!

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Nux

@tfsteefs said:

@Nux said:

I really pisses me off that NASA is being shut down. I mean how are we ever going to futher ourselvs if we can't learn whats around us in space? I know NASA must need a big budget but the money goes to a good cause.

the "good cause" being lockheed martin and boeing & making new fantastic ways to murder brown people

The "good cause" being advancement in science and learning about our galaxy and all the other galaxies that are out there.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By UltorOscariot
@UltorOscariot said:
@tfsteefs said:

@UltorOscariot said:

@tfsteefs@tfsteefs said:

@tfsteefs: Better than throwing it down the toilet on anti-poverty programs.  Untold hundreds of billions spent, and as you would be more than willing to point out, the poor are still among us.  At least the rocks aren't ungrateful and scream "MORE!".  
ah, the randian ubermensch has decided to grace this thread with his appearance 
Quaint.  Meanwhile, I'll deal with results.  Space programs at least bring some really nice exotic paper weights from far away lands, and from time to time, insight into the nature of the universe.  Poverty programs deliver still more poverty.  
Did I mention those sweet space rock paper weights come at the fraction of cost of instilling dependence?  The shuttle program over its life time, cost somewhere between $100-200 billion, depending on whose numbers you trust.  It's a 30 year old program.  In 2006, the United States alone in a single year, during those evil Bush years I might add, spent around $620 billion dollars on more than 80 welfare programs at the federal, state, and local levels.  
sreya92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By sreya92

This is last time I post in this topic before I start getting pissed off. OUR PRESIDENT IS FUCKING BLACK! Is there racial discrimination? Of course there is, there will always be people who are racists or who discriminate dammit it's part of the human instinct to seek out those most similar to us. Do I think it was wrong to segregate schools in the past and to go even further back, do I think it was wrong to own slaves? You're damn right I do. Do I think the problem today with poor black people and mexican people is a result of discrimination? I'd be stupid to think it was the only reason. The main problem lies with the families and education. There's some crazy statistic that lists that there are far more black single moms then there are white. This makes it incredibly difficult for already poor individuals to raise children and has a negative psychological impact on those poor kids who don't have a father figure to look up to and instead turn to gangs, drugs, and violence. Furthermore, public education does not encourage kids enough to seek out a good education so that they can climb their way out of poverty. But do I think that the racial discrimination here is so bad that it's impossible for kids to do it? Hell fucking no. It's America, if you want something bad enough and you stay disciplined you can usually get it. Watch the Pursuit of Happiness.  

And to your comment on unemployment, the U.S. government has already bankrupted itself trying to stimulate the economy with more money than is put in the space program. But just because we have civil problems (which will always be there by the way) does not mean we should stop with the investment of funds into scientific development that will inevitably lead to a better lifestyle for EVERYONE in the country. You can continue to spew your out of context statistics, racism, and complete lack of regard or respect for the scientific community but it will only make you look stupid. Your misanthropic attitude is what plagues western countries. It's downright pathetic and hypocritical considering you do nothing about it besides to continue to complain about how terrible we all are. If you really feel that way join the peace corps in do something about. But stop wallowing in self pity. You're writing on a computer right now. I say you sell it and donate the money to the poor if you care so much.  

But I'll be frank. You're a fool and a racist tfsteefs and you absolutely disgust me.

actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By actionTACO
scientific advancement literally only happens through space research(manned space flights in particular)*! why do you hate science so much? 

*or military weapons research. depending on what dumb money sink i happen to be defending at the moment.
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By fripplebubby

"tfsteefs" is trollin', dare I suggest.  

No one can honestly believe that there is no benefit to manned spaceflight and then defend their statements with "lmao" and something about racism. Stop it. Stop being fooled by this sad little troll.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By Red12b
@tfsteefs said:
@actionTACO said:
fuckin' lazy poors holdin' back the uss enterprise!! 

das a cool ass dog
ass dog? 

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ArcLyte

The successor to the space shuttle is called Orion and is a return to the more traditional rocket design akin to the Saturn V, made with modern tech. It's mainly a capsule that will house the crew and controls that sits on top of a large rocket/ cargo stage, and will probably be used for the first manned mission to mars. The first crewed flight is scheduled for sometime in 2016, and in the meantime the gov't will employ the use of private space contractors such as SpaceX (owned by Tesla motors founder Elon Musk), and foreign space agencies to send crew and equipment into orbit.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By super_machine

@tfsteefs said:

i am the real racist for pointing out the institutional and systematic racism of the united states. woot.

Actually you are correct. While the rich whites dine on space caviar inside our Bigelow industries inflatable space hotel, we are free to nuke the world to reduce the global population into sustainable levels. At least it only cost 100th the amount to wage our global campaign against the brown people in the middle east. sheesh, the amount of money we spend on space exploration is pennies compared to the amount we spend on terrestrial annihilation.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By inkerman

Space exploration has brought countless jobs to people all around the world, in fact I would say that advances in communication brought on by satellites have benefited the developing world more than the developed. What's more, with the US essentially shutting NASA down, the new contenders to the space race are Russia (Slavic, not white), and China (Asian).

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By toowalrus

@super_machine said:

@tfsteefs said:

i am the real racist for pointing out the institutional and systematic racism of the united states. woot.

Actually you are correct. While the rich whites dine on space caviar inside our Bigelow industries inflatable space hotel, we are free to nuke the world to reduce the global population into sustainable levels. At least it only cost 100th the amount to wage our global campaign against the brown people in the middle east. sheesh, the amount of money we spend on space exploration is pennies compared to the amount we spend on terrestrial annihilation.

You pretty much just described the La-li-lu-le-lo, didn't you?

Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Obama getting impeached.

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DopeToast

@UncleClassy: How would you like it if I sent you to the moon without your permission? You'd be pretty pissed. There's nothing to do there, and the chicks, well, let's just say they're not into guys like you.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By trace

This thread got way off track. While there might have been some legitimate discussion in this topic at one point, mass derailment through trolling and bickering has left nothing of value.

What a shame.